All hotels in Lakeport, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1120 N Main St, Lakeport, CA, 95453, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Such a welcoming atmosphere"
I feel like I am staying with family when I stay at the Skylark. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. It is convienient to the downtown Lakeport area and during the summer is a nice walk to the park. We will definetly be staying here again. We only had one very minor issue that should be pretty easy to fix. Our room was the handicap room so it had a shower hose as opposed to a permanent shower head. The holder for the hose was very loose so you couldn't put it in the holder and stand under it to do things such as wash your hair. I forgot to mention this when we left so wanted to let someone know so it could be taken care of.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"Nice lakeside location"
The rooms were good, and I didn't run into any issues here. Nothing extravagant about the room, but the lakeside view was nice.
3 night family trip Dec 4, 2013
Lee
Requested 10 am wake up call. It came at 1 am. I was woken up with two calls in the middle of the night.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Beautiful view of the lake..."
I checked into Skylark Shores after a long day cleaning out the home I had been renting in Lakeport for the past several years. My reservation was for a single queen bed with view of the pool area. To my delight, I opened the door to my room and found that I had been upgraded to a room with 2 beds and a beautiful view of the Lake! It was a wonderful treat to be able to enjoy the Lake for my last three days in Lakeport.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Decent hotel with good view."
Hotel room was clean and the view from the room was great. The bed was unfortunately not very comfortable. The mattress was stiff and my back was killing me the next morning. The road to get to the hotel from the 101 was horrible, especially at night. Everyone in the car almost threw up. While it was only 18 miles off the freeway it took us an hour to get to the hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
"Lake County stay"
The room was spacious, everything was fine.
3 night trip Nov 8, 2013
Anjahli
"Excellent resort to stay in while visiting Clearla"
The owner was helpful in swapping a room for me overlooking the lake. It was very quiet and serene. I wish I had the time to enjoy the activities on the lake but I was visiting the region for the wineries. i would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Nov 9, 2013
SFGary
Overall room....very old...smelled like old house....run down.... best thing about it was it had a king size bed....but i was cold and no extra blankets .....would not stay again..
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
gorgita
"Beautiful views from this property"
We requested a lakeside room in this "resort." The rooms are standard '60s-vintage motel rooms, with the addition of a microwave and fridge. Each room has its own barbeque and picnic table, though! And the lakeside rooms have panoramic views of beautiful Clear Lake, with a pretty green lawn, on which a flock of Canadian geese were camped out (when they were not frolicking in the Lake). Sunrise over the lake each morning was gorgeous and so thoroughly viewable because of the rooms' large picture windows. We plan to return many times to this beautiful lakeside property.
2 night trip with friends Nov 8, 2013
Glenn Stover
"Beautiful view from the room"
I stayed at this hotel for almost a week. It was very quiet and the view from my back door was great. Every morning I put my laptop on the picnic bench and watched the birds and geese "graze" in the large grassy area. Just beyond that, I had an clear view of the lake. I don't think another hotel in the area had a better view.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"I really love this place"
I think it's a wonderful place. Especially the lakefront rooms. Really quiet and clean. Very calming atmosphere with a beautiful view. I stay all over the world and it's the best value i've experienced. The only flaw was the bathroom sink had an issue with the faucet getting stuck in the on position.. I'd have to fiddle with it to get to shut off. That's the only thing.. otherwise it was great. The staff was really nice and helpful. I've stayed here on two occasions. Once for 2 nights... and the second time for 5 nights. I'll definately come back . Love it!
2 night trip Oct 30, 2013
David Dondero
Old place, but pleasant enough to stay. Grounds very nice with lake view
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Hotel on the Lake"
This hotel is little over priced for what you get. Very old Hotel with no modifications done. Very uncomfortable beds and small bathrooms. TV reception was not good and Wifi was very poor. However the setting was nice and it was very clean.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Tony
"Nice location on lake"
Need to change bed pillow covering as housekeeping didn't seem to from last tenant
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Close to all restauants, lake, and events."
The hotel staff went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel manager even came to the room to look at some of the issues that I had and she made arraignments to get them fix right away. I would stay there again in the future. Thank you Skylark Shores Resorts.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
V. Surryhne
"very nice place"
it was a very nice place to stay, the rooms were very big, and comfortable. The view was spectacular.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Randy
"Close to the center of town."
Rooms were comfortable and clean. View over lake was stunning - make sure you book a lake facing room. Be aware that when we visited, the lake was thick with Algae. This might have been due to very unusual weather conditions. Great for fishing and boating, not for swimming.
3 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Family motel not a resort"
After staying here for a few days I understand why the reviews from other people are so varied. Far from being a 'resort' but rather a clean, friendly motel that's great for family's. Rooms are minimal comforts and furnishings very dated but adequate. The mid week, off season budget price I paid for the room was appropriate but if I had paid the full advertised rate I would not have been impressed.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
I had stayed here 30 years ago It is old, but iis kept up and very clean. It has a huge lawn area overlooking the lake which is very relaxing. The maid cleaned the rooms very good.. The office help were very nice and accommodating. I wiould go back again. It's not a 5 star hotel, but is nice.
5 night trip Aug 29, 2013
"Awesome"
This was a great place to stay, staff was friendly and very virtuous. We had a great morning view. I don't think it could have been any better than it was.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Beautiful resort right on the lake"
My daughter and I have stayed here twice now. We love the resort and the staff are so nice and very helpful. The grounds are gorgeous with plenty of shaded area's. The pool is clean and well kept. This resort is within walking distance of several restaurants and Library Park is close by too. Skylark Shores Resort is our preferred destination when we want to get away to Clear Lake and relax. We're already planning next years vacation!
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
"Beautriful lake view but bad wifi"
Office staff was nice. Had a lake view room on 2nd floor. Beautiful view, but hard to enjoy patio seating since air vent is blowing hot air out of the room directly under patio table. Room was clean & spacious, had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, beds were nice, mattress felt good but pillows were limp, toilet seat had some paint chipped off and the hinged looked old, shower is a stall with adequate space but not enough slots to put all my shower things (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, body scrub), had a tube tv (I did not have time to watch tv), had to carry ironing board and iron from office to my room (it's a small board that you have to use on a table), closet is an open closet, lots of bugs outside at night. Problems with wi-fi connection so it was hard to do business with no wi-fi.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2013
"conveniently located near family"
The Skylark seems a bit rundown and in need of updating, refreshing.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Amazing for the price!"
It was a perfect visit! The staff was attentive and kind. I loves the grounds.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Great Location."
Great location and friendly staff. Our room was very clean and so were the towels.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
Cole
"Right on the Lake"
The location was great. Some rooms had amazing water views and it was right on the main street, so it was an easy walk to restaurants and coffee places. The hotel had its own boat dock so friends visiting from across the lake could tie right up to the resort for a visit. The swimming pool was small, but had some shade trees and was very enjoyable. Our room was quite without any road noise and the setting was lovely. The room furniture was also very nice, however the bathroom definitely needed a remodel and the mattress and bedding looked ancient. The staff was cheerful and helpful, and our room kept very clean. With a bathroom update and new bedding I would have given it a 5 out of 5 rating.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Horrible."
Smells like mildew. Neighbors had loud music. Units have paper-thin walls. We left 3 hours after checking in. Could not stand this place.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
Great
4 night trip Jun 30, 2013
"OK for the price"
Pool view side is like just a normal motel but lake view side looked really nice.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
"Misleading pictures"
The motel has some nice rooms facing the lake. If you don't reserve one of those, however, you are stuck in a dingy box facing the parking lot. Bathroom had some mold issues.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"lovely lakeside"
fine and convenient
1 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Very nice Hotel."
I won't stay anywhere else. The grounds are very well keeped, clean and beautiful, Great place to stay.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Decent place, great property, and friendly staff."
Stayed 1 weekend in record hot temperatures (110+). The chilly pool was extremely refreshing in the heat, and the large grassy areas under towering oak trees was perfect for chilling out, throwing the frisbee, reading, or for stirring up the BBQ. Our cottage was basic in appearance and amenities, but had a full kitchen and private BBQ area.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
"What a great place!"
Went during the week and was upgraded to a cabin for no extra charge. We were able to save some money because of the kitchenette. The kids loved playing ping pong right outside the room. Swings, lake, horseshoe pit, picnic tables-what a nice trip!
2 night trip Jun 11, 2013
is a great location for people who want to fish
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2013
Great place, had no idea the area existed and would definitely stay there again!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
"One-story Motel"
Everything was just fine, but I did not have a "room overlooking the pool." It is a single story motel with the pool on the other side of the parking lot.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Up all night!"
Well let's start with the first thing. If you turn the sink on in the bathroom it sprays everywhere, and was almost impossible to turn off. Then if you want to take a shower the shower head was so low that you had to duck the entire time to get your head wet. I am 5'6", I don't know how my 6' tall husband did it! Okay, so we got back to our room after a long evening with friends and were looking forward to a good night sleep with our 2 kids, well as soon as we walked up to our door I knew we were in trouble! We were greeted by pot, cigarette smoke billowing out the door of our next door neighbors. The neighbors were doing some type of drugs, probably crank, all night long. got no sleep at all. they were on the porch out side, back inside all night long. It was too late to call anybody, as nobody answered at the front desk. We tried to drown out the noise with our fan, but then we were freezing as the only blankets we had were the super thin old gross blankets. I don't know if I would have slept regardless of the noise, as the coils from the cheap old mattress were poking through everywhere. Not to mention the pillow I had was as flat as a pancake.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"Fabulous lakeside location!"
We very much enjoyed our stay. We had an upper floor corner room right on the lake fronted by a lovely green lawn. We saw many birds, including endangered grebes. It was like being on a ship only better. Listened to the lapping of water on the shore all night, and awoke to a spectacular sunrise.The lodge does show its age, although even though there was some peeling paint everything was quite clean. The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner, and the towels were quite thin. Even though right on the water, the location is close to downtown cafes, bookstore, museum, library and restaurants--all without any noise! The one downside was that the next morning the asphalt company came to resurface the driveways and we were informed by phone that we had to move our car immediatley. We think we should have been notified of this the night before, as we were unable to even use the pool in the morning.
1 night trip May 13, 2013
Andrea and John
"Beautiful & Relaxing"
I loved my short stay at the Skylark Shores Resort! The room was very spacious, and we had a balcony overlooking the lake, which made for a fantastic view. Behind the resort is a large lawn area, making it easy to sit outside and relax while watching the lake. I even walked out onto the boat docks to take some up-close pictures! Plus there's a nice beach for swimming right on the property, too! Aside from the resort's amenities, it's also within easy walking distance to several restaurants. We enjoyed good food (and great milkshakes!) while we were there! The resort is also right down the street from a nice big park with plenty of space for picnics and families. The worst I could say about the resort would be cleanliness. It wasn't dirty, but there were a fair amount of cobwebs and spiders and small flying bugs. Mostly it was the balcony area that needed a little upkeep.
2 night family trip May 12, 2013
Andrea
"OK for a night or two"
Hotel is worn, but very clean with great staff. Convenient location.
Other trip May 9, 2013
"Not all rooms are on the lake"
I mistakenly expected that my room would have a view of the lake. It is possible that the hotel description has been updated, because I was sure it said that rooms have lake views, and now it is clear that only some of them do. I came to Lakeport specifically to sit in a motel room with a view of the lake and get some work done on my laptop that I had been procrastinating. It would have been nice. The room I got, though it had no view, didn't have much that I can complain about. As motel rooms go, it had relatively fresh paint and was very clean. The furniture was fairly new. Everything worked. It wasn't too loud. The only downside, besides that it lacked a view, was that the wifi was terrible. My connection was strong but the bandwidth was extremely poor, so not great for getting work done or watching a movie. I am pretty sure that on this site it does tell you whether you are getting a poolside or a lakeside room, so if you care about that pay attention when you book.
1 night business trip Apr 26, 2013
"Bass fisher"
Very nice for fishermen. Had it's on boat launch and docks.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Great week end retreat"
The manager was very kind to exchange the room I had originally booked to a more quieter area of the premises. All the staff is extremely courteous and helpful. I will definitely stay there again!!!!
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Valerie
"Greatest Scenery Ever"
This place was awesome. My husband, 2 teenage sons, and I often take weekend trips and this place was amazing. From the room we had, we could see the lake and I could see my kids fishing off the dock from my window. (yes, I'm overprotective) My husband and I had a million giggles playing ping pong and tetherball outside :) My kids had such a great time, they didn't even plug in their xbox which they brought without my knowledge. lol It was really clean but yes, there were some chips in the paint and you could see some wear. The beds were comfy and clean. The rooms were more spacious than I thought they'd be. (from other reviewer pictures) We had an upstairs room and I didn't hear any other guests once we were in our rooms and it was a completely sold out weekend. For the record, I'm no snob by any means but I wouldn't stay at a motel 6 type place either. We already have plans for a return trip here!
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
semi-snob Nikki
"OK for a one night visit....pricing reasonable."
Quiet clean hotel. On the lake. Weather permitting, it could have been a nice location to enjoy the sun and water.
Other trip Apr 6, 2013
"Get a view room"
A little more attention to detail would be nice but the view was awesome and the room was large. The common view deck in the back wasn't great in terms of privacy. I would return.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Close to Clear Lake.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
"Nice getaway."
Simple and clean. Pleasant staff. I would come back again.
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
"Boating/fishing"
Decent "basic" motel. Probably better for boating/fishing people in summer as it's located on Clear Lake, Cal's biggest un-dammed lake. Next door to a terrific "down-home" breakfast place - Sanducci's.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013