All hotels in Runaway Bay, Jamaica

"HORRIBLE RESORT!!!"
THIS HOTEL IS HORRIBLE!! It is all hype. The poor went out twice. The ENTIRE hotel had NO water for one day. I stayed 7 days and 6 nights and only had wash cloths ONE DAY! The food is decent and best. For every one respectable and courteous staff members there were 20 rude, arrogant, unhelpful, unpleasant staff members. My family should have received towels every day. I had to complain every day to receive fresh room towels. Clean beach towels were only available after complaining as well. I was in a wedding party of 75 people and every person / couple experienced the same problem. The bride asked the coordinator for a drink and she was told "DO I LOOK LIKE THE WAIT STAFF"! What a horrible experience. DO NOT WASTE YOUR COINS ON THIS RESORT! You will be so disappointed!
6 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2015
kiya
"Great place to stay walk with a plunger and own to"
This is a beautiful hotel. Very welcoming. Lots of good food and very clean except for my room. Lots of dust. My son and husband picked up allergies. Major sewer problem in the night. Called front desk waited almost 2 hrs. The plumer finally showed up smelled like liquor. Lots of security which I liked. They representatives are tricking you into giving away free stuff which i didn't accept. They want you to buy something at the end. They use toys to get the kids to say yes to the hotel tour. I didn't like that at all. They have a problem with towels. There were 4 of us and the first day we had no towels in our room. I called and waited and waited. Then they would only leave 2 towels but no hand towels. The same thing keeps happening the entire time we were there.Food was ok. Jamaican was not good at all. I've had better in NY. Rude bar tender at the pool. Pillow was terrible. They need to invest. Also throw pillow smelled terrible. Overall the hotel is ok. No activities for kids.
5 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Neelawati
"Great Vacation Getaway!"
We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Bahia Principe. Will recommend to others and will definitely be going back.
Other trip May 1, 2015
M A
"the hotel was beautiful"
I enjoyed the hotel it was beautiful but a few of your waitress was rude and the sheets on my bed were mold and mildewed which was terrible other wise every thing else was nice
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Our hotel room was fantastic!! view was great..room was spacious and clean!!
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Don't ask for water or towels"
We called or asked employees in person for new towels and water bottles for our room for 3 days straight, to no avail. Finally went down to front desk and waited for a member of management to get the items and take them to my room and didn't leave her side until she did. After that the room and towels were replaced each day.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Terrible service and unhelpful staff."
Due to a neglectful cleaning and service staff we ended up starting our vacation a full day late because we had to chase them down for everything we needed. Major lack of communication or perhaps care between people working there.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Very nice staff very nice"
Hotel was very nice food good Lot of things to do I had a great time
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
i'm a landscape
"Not pleased"
I was very disappointed with my stay at Grand Bahia. When we first arrived, we were informed that our room was double booked and we were transferred to another hotel. It turned out that the other hotel was much better that Grand Bahia. We lost 2 days of our vacation with the driving back and forth. When we were transferred to Grand Bahia, our room wasn't ready until 5p.m when they clearly were expecting us since noon. That day was lost & we couldn't plan to go out to an excursion or even lay by the pool. The staff is very disorganized, they run out of towels constantly, and the quality of their food is not good at all. The hotel needs major renovations, and their Wi-Fi sucks! I don't recommend this hotel to anyone and did not enjoy my stay there.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Margaret
"Noisy Rooms"
The place is beautiful. Just 2 things ruined it. I went with friends and their room was quite a distance from mine. I asked to be moved closer because I have difficulty walking. The room I was in was also noisy; I could hear everything from the nightly shows: the music, the MC, the audience interaction and applause, and the DRUMS!. I did tell them I didn't need to be on the same floor, just in the same block as my friends and in a quieter room. So 2 nights later, I was very surprised to see that I was in a room across the hall from my friends with a fabulous view. It all went downhill when I turned on the air conditioner. It sounded like an outboard motor on its last legs. I politely asked 3 days in a row if it could be fixed. Nothing happened. I finally got a good night's sleep when I went home. The other thing was the hard sell of the staff selling vacation packages. They were relentless.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Tired Traveler
"mother's 60th birthday"
Go to this hotel if you get the opportunity, events planned all day for everyone all the way up to 2 am. There are 2 buffets one family oriented, 1 adults only. There is no shortage of alcohol either with a drink of the day each day and a daiquiri bar too, only issue was the housekeeping was kinda slow for this level of hotel and offend forgot to replace small items but overall a great trip I will be going back
5 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Marlon
I enjoyed this resort, there was a lot to see and do. My only complaints, were with the reserving of the 2 Dinners and with the quality or lack there of in customer service from all of their employees, especially during dining and drinking.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"Bad hotel"
Not enough characters, very very very diappointed,. Mini bar horrible, 2 beers, that's a joke!!! No towels, key didn't work most night had to be reprogrammed
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"View and derive"
The view is very beautiful the place looks wonderful the food and drinks are ok but it's lacking in service had to many problems my stay their had to wait 4 hours towels. Over all still willing to give another chance if service improve.
3 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Frederica
"nice resort in run away bay jamaica"
This resort is huge, and it's some what away from most hotspots but not to worry, they have everything at the resort and they do tours. The buffet setup is amazing, I wanted for nothing when it came to food and it all tasted good. The hotel is starting to show it's age a bit (the carpets in the hallway needs to be replaced and some of the walls in the place could do with a fresh paint job )
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
stacey
"nice looking from outside. poor service"
the quality of service was poor. we had a situation when we arrived but the staff was not sympathetic to our situation. they were a little too trained smile and do their job rather than to be a person. overall stay was ok. furniture was not the quality they show in their pictures. the food was good but it was mostly the same things everyday. the best part of the hotel is the beach.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Peta
"Stayed 03/16/15-03/22/15"
Great hotel! Well kept. Very friendly and helpful staff. My only complaint is that the Jamaican food was a let down and was only good when cooked by the Jamaican chefs. That was a major disappointment for me.
6 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"Nice hotel... But"
The hotel very nice. Could not get one reservation at any restaurant our whole stay!!! Buffet really! Wifi horrible. Check in took an hour and half. Won't be back to this property!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Nice accommodations. Staff at FD was not friendly"
Multiple room changes, difficult to find spots and pool, difficult to get a towel... Great shows and drinks. Food is decent. Staff other than at the front desk is super friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Beautiful hotel and beach"
We had a great week. We had a really great week...see good stuff below
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Jack
"Wonderful hotel"
It was wonderful I enjoyed it a lot. It was clean and the staff was very polite.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
ashley
"Fantastic. Needs more chairs , towels, soca music"
I enjoyed every moment from the day I stayed. Food delicious , drink plentiful .people are friendly etc
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Debbie
"Do not stay here"
Please do not stay at this resort. The staff are extremely rude and the hotel has a weird mildew odor. My experience at the spa was terrible. The staff was unprofessional and aggressive towards my friends. One of the staff threatened to punch my friend in the face because she was upset that we were not satisfied with the service. Our room had to be switched because the smell was horrible. Our toilet overflowed on the second night and my shower had to be repaired three times. I love the island but I will never return to this resort.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
The hotel is great. Food was better than expected. Staff ok. Beach par with rest of Jamaica (they're all beautiful).
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"Nice hotel. Nice beach. Nice pool."
We liked everything about this hotel. The staff was wonderful. The room was clean. The restaurants were very good.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Darlene
"great time"
the place was great. You couldn't ask for more. My only complaint was , people smoking in the pool area and security doing nothing about it
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
bob
"Beautiful hotel, great beach, great food"
The resort is huge and it took us a couple days to figure out where everything is.. The buffet is clean and classy, huge variety of food and cooks are there to prepare specialties. The staff works very hard to keep things moving efficiently and very clean. The beach is beautiful and huge it goes all along the cove of the property. There are little bars to get drinks and clean bathrooms on the beach as well. The sand was smooth and the water clear. The property could use a little TLC but nothing that a fresh coat of paint can't fix. The staff is good especially when u tip u have friends for life. The lobby is gorgeous and a wealth of information. It would be helpful though if they posted info about the buffet times & locations. But just ask questions, the property is so big u don't know where to begin. We stayed for 5 days and it was wonderful!
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"improvement needed at check in"
Checking in was a night mare. The reservation was made through hotels.com who book per room per night (2 ppl) rather than per person per night. A mistake was made somewhere, hotels.com tried contacting the hotel, who insisted on me paying for my spouse. The receptionist kept saying they charge per person, and that they saw the note about you people in the room, and they dont have to honor it especial because it doesnt say "at no extra cost." i had to pay addition in-order for my spouse to stay.. the hotel is very nice and clean. we had issues with wash cloth and towels, house keeper kept saying they dont have extra and we had to wait until laundry is finish to get. 1 wash cloth and towel per day isnt enough... Food mediocre... staff very friendly except for the receptionists. First impression is the best, and the ladies there doesnt do a good job at it.. Gossiping about your customers in front of them is not a good idea
3 night trip Mar 4, 2015
suzette
"Selling of timeshare"
I arrived at the hotel and as soon as I checked in I was approached by someone offering Timeshare tours, which was shedule for 90+ minutes. Otherwise I had a great time- a lot of walking and golfcart was only for guest in the pivileged or diamond club-
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Marcia
"Too big."
Great food. Very clean. Ran out of rum on 2 different days. Too big, didn't even find out about the evenings entertainment until the 3rd day ( it was on the opposite side of the hotel) other guests and our group thought the Sax player in the lobby was all there was. Usable beach is too small. Before spending money on expanding the hotel they should make the entire beach usable. They ran out of towels frequently.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Experience"
It was absolutely beautiful. The food was awesome and the booze of course. Everyone was very friendly, the employees couldn't do enough for you and I would definitely recommend to anyone.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Annine
"It's a very relaxing place"
The hotel was good, beach was ok. the food great. So many food to choose from. It seems like this is a family oriented hotel. Not a place for singles looking to mix and have some fun. But I enjoyed my stay nonetheless
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Abe
"Don't get what you pay for ... That's for sure!"
Room service menu is 5-6 items (hamburger, grill cheese sandwich, salad, pizza etc) and it takes FOREVER for the staff to deliver it. I would bring ALL towels (beach and bath) - towels were all filled with other guest hair! Wifi is good but expensive. You do get 60 minutes free every 24 hours. No sand on beach, just small rocks that haven't been processed down yet. Wear protective shoes! Food: jerk chicken was only served during the hours of like 1-3. Best bet is to stick with the buffets instead of the restaurants- you have to make reservations and the food at the restaurant isn't really that good compared to the buffet. The buffet had a GREAT variety of food. Don't buy anything from the gift shops- they claim to give you a deal of course but everything is much cheaper at the airport. The alcohol is extremely over priced - for example Pure White Hennessy was priced at $120 on the resort -- I found a store in Ochos shopping center that sold it for $50 and the duty free at the airport sells it for $60. Just an example! Rum cake(4oz) was $8-10 each or 3 for $27--the airport has it for 3for $20. (I don't remember the name of the store but it was right next to a jewelry store and they let you sample all the alcohol) T-shirts:the same store in Ochos shopping center had shirts 7for $25--purchase them there if you want them! You won't find a deal that can match that anywhere. Taxi guys will make a deal to take you places instead of paying for tours/excursions there
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Andrian
"Resort"
Outstanding time at this resort. Great staff and awesome food. With exception to the Dolce. Resort is very large so plan on walking a distance. Highly recommend using the resort travel/tour groups as well. Price and stay was worth every penny.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Jon
Overall, the hotel is very nice. The staff is very pleasant. The food buffet is excellent with many choices.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Too Big!!"
Make sure you know whether or not you are "exclusivo", as there are places you can't eat, sit, or get drinks at.unless you are exclusivo. I thought the place was like Disney World. Packed with people! The place is huge, and you get hassled about the time share sales pitch every time you walk near the lobby. And if you get an invite for something slipped under your door, it's a trap to get your information for a sales pitch. I got a kick out of watching people stake their poolside chair claims at 6 am every morning! If you like to race against hundreds of people for space, seating, eating, etc, then this is the place for you.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
The hotel wasn't that clean. There wasn't a whole lot to do when the weather is bad, we had rain a majority of our stay. Also, the entertainment/karaoke bar/club all don't open until LATE. Wish it offered more activities. Huge pool and beautiful beach area. The food was EXCELLENT especially the restaurants
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Nice with a few disappointments"
We've stayed at several other Gran Bahia resorts in the past and I have to say that this one was a little disappointing. Room service was spotty. No coffee, washcloths or sufficient towels at times. Even after we left tips for the staff! While there were nice spots available on the beach we were disappointed that the beach didn't extend beyond the resort. We love to talk long beach walks and that is not possible at this resort. On the plus side: the jerk chicken is amazing and we had it every day for lunch. Also the drinks were good..def not watered- down!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Jamaica Jazz Festival 2015 Getaway"
This was my second time to the island. It was a short 3 day stay for the festival. On arrival I had a private check-in due to my Gold status which was new to me. My room was cosy, quiet and clean. The hotel design is conducive to relaxing and the facility is impeccably maintained . There are various restaurants the cater to different food tastes with polite, well trained staff members.I'd like to say special thanks to Mrs. L Joseph-Campbell and her staff for their service and attention to detail, this made my stay even better. I will definitely return to this hotel and recommend to friends.
Terry
"Beautiful property, Lots of walking!"
Overall, the property was terrific. Upsides: The pool area is impressive and very comfortable. The beach was huge. It is definitely worth the walk around the cove to the end; the beach is much better & less crowded. And, there is a bathroom and bar on that end, so don't be afraid to make the walk. The dining options were terrific. Lots of choices for everyone. The a la carte restaurants are definitely the best, but make your reservations as soon as you arrive. These restaurants fill up quickly! Downsides: The property is huge, so plan to do a lot of walking. The organized activities amounted to an hour or so of games by the pool and nothing down in the beach area. Beware - not all sea view rooms have a great sea view. We were given a room that had a partial sea view at best, with a small balcony barely big enough for two, and a balcony with a terrific view of a hundred other rooms with the sea view we were expecting! The front desk staff was not helpful at all and botched our room transfer. We barely received an apology and never received a room transfer. We were visiting with friends and their room was fabulous - larger than ours, large deck, great view.. It hardly seem fair that we paid the same rate! Plan to claim a lounge chair by 10am or you might not get one. They go quickly!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Robyn
"Disappointed with Treatment"
We have a very sour taste as we reserved five rooms for 7 nights and a hotel employee took $50 dollars from us and the hotel refused to credit our account; hugely disappointing. The bigger mistake is they treated us as if we were "lying" to get $50 dollars on a trip we paid over $20,000 on. The hotel refused to research it while we were there and simply refused our request. That very negative experience aside, we did not get the rooms in the locations we were assured when booking and talking with the front desk staff; not the biggest issue as rooms were okay, but the rooms very dirty with lots of mechanical issues in each them. Door keys did not work and we waited over an hour for someone to come up and even get us into rooms after a day at the beach. The restaurants that require reservation were nice and food good, much better than the main buffet, but wanting for hours to get reservations as they will not let you set them up when booking your rooms or checking in seems very non-customer service friendly.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Terry
Worst food I've ever eaten in the Buffet. INEDIBLE
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
caye
"Definitely coming back"
I enjoyed hanging out at the beach and the shopping all on the resort. I enjoyed eating at the buffets.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Tiffany
"Wanted a ocean view"
We came with other family members and were supposed to have rooms next to each other. Rooms were on opposite sides of the hotel. Then we had to wait 3 hours for our room to be clean. Because they checked us in to a dirty room. Then the next day our rooms were not clean to after 7 and we had to go and ask for that to be done so we get get clean rags and towels to take a shower. No front supervisor made any attempt to come out and apologize
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
mrs unhappy
"Big hotel 1 hour from the airport"
Big hotel , 1 hour from the airport , beach is small and a lot of rock , seaweed , only 1 buffet and 1 snack bar all you can eat . other restaurant have to reserve and limit .less entertainment at night .
Duyminh
"Surprisingly disappointed"
Stayed at the same resort chain in Punta Cana and we loved it! That's why we chose to stay here again in Jamaica. Worst experience ever. They never had fresh pool towels the employees would keep saying they will be here any minute but we ended up waiting over an hour. The buffet food was always cold, they never had clean plates there would be a line of people waiting for plates, our bathtub had green stuff forming around the drain, and after room service we did not receive any towels so I called the front desk for more towels and after two hours I had to call again to ask for towels. The staff was amazing, the grounds were beautiful, and the night we ate at the restaurant was delicious, but I don't know if I will choose to stay at this chain again because of the experience in Jamaica, very disappointing.
Tricia
"Massive resort with unlimited fun!"
Huge resort. Lots of bars and restaurants. Food and drinks at all hours! Nice beach. Pleasant staff. Everyone was very helpful. Snorkeling was awesome! Bed wasn't super comfortable. Very nice pool. Beach bars and swim up pool bar was a plus! Amazing beach side restaurant! We ate there everyday! Chicken was excellent!! Excursions are spendy so bring extra cash if you choose to leave the resort. We also brought 200.00 in 1$ bills for tipping for 8 days. Dolphins cove was my fav!! Overall amazing experience!! Could've stayed 2 weeks!
ceeg and tiff
"Cool Runnings"
The stay at the Grad Bahia was very relaxing and enjoyable. This was our 3rd time there and we enjoy ourselves every time we go.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
TJ
"This was the best vacation l have had so far."
I had the best time of my life on this vacation. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel grounds and rooms were clean and beautiful. The food was delicious and there was so much to choose from. Entertainments suited people of all ages. I would recommend this Hotel to all my relatives and friends. This Hotel is a 9.5 out of 10 in my ratings. I will definitely return.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
T. Hope
"Nice pool and services"
Staff is wonderful great place plus the food was great thumbs up
Other trip Dec 14, 2014