All hotels in Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Salt Coppers Villa, Runaway Bay, Saint Ann, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Big hotel 1 hour from the airport"
Big hotel , 1 hour from the airport , beach is small and a lot of rock , seaweed , only 1 buffet and 1 snack bar all you can eat . other restaurant have to reserve and limit .less entertainment at night .
Duyminh
"Surprisingly disappointed"
Stayed at the same resort chain in Punta Cana and we loved it! That's why we chose to stay here again in Jamaica. Worst experience ever. They never had fresh pool towels the employees would keep saying they will be here any minute but we ended up waiting over an hour. The buffet food was always cold, they never had clean plates there would be a line of people waiting for plates, our bathtub had green stuff forming around the drain, and after room service we did not receive any towels so I called the front desk for more towels and after two hours I had to call again to ask for towels. The staff was amazing, the grounds were beautiful, and the night we ate at the restaurant was delicious, but I don't know if I will choose to stay at this chain again because of the experience in Jamaica, very disappointing.
Tricia
"Massive resort with unlimited fun!"
Huge resort. Lots of bars and restaurants. Food and drinks at all hours! Nice beach. Pleasant staff. Everyone was very helpful. Snorkeling was awesome! Bed wasn't super comfortable. Very nice pool. Beach bars and swim up pool bar was a plus! Amazing beach side restaurant! We ate there everyday! Chicken was excellent!! Excursions are spendy so bring extra cash if you choose to leave the resort. We also brought 200.00 in 1$ bills for tipping for 8 days. Dolphins cove was my fav!! Overall amazing experience!! Could've stayed 2 weeks!
ceeg and tiff
"Cool Runnings"
The stay at the Grad Bahia was very relaxing and enjoyable. This was our 3rd time there and we enjoy ourselves every time we go.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
TJ
"This was the best vacation l have had so far."
I had the best time of my life on this vacation. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel grounds and rooms were clean and beautiful. The food was delicious and there was so much to choose from. Entertainments suited people of all ages. I would recommend this Hotel to all my relatives and friends. This Hotel is a 9.5 out of 10 in my ratings. I will definitely return.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
T. Hope
"Nice pool and services"
Staff is wonderful great place plus the food was great thumbs up
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
starlinks
"Not a Jamaican experience"
I have stayed at hotels in Montego Bay for years, I decided to try this hotel because of how close it is to Ocho Rios. A taxi ride to Ocho Rios is an expensive trip in and of itself. The reviews warned of the mosquitoes, heed that warning! I brought spray and I luckily brought neosporin, I will not go back to that hotel, mainly because of the mosquitoes. The reason I say there is no Jamaican experience is that the hotel serves Jamaican food that isn't cooked by Jamaicans and you can tell. Very disappointed.The festivals were cooked like a churros, gives you an idea who put their "twist" on such a Jamaican icon food. The time share solicitors are a big nuisance, they are posted around the property, I actually had to learn where to walk in order to circumvent them. The property is beautiful. They have a nice gym. I liked they way the snack shack is setup, and I loved the way they had a "adult only" and a general buffet. Once you sit in the family buffet with kids running around with little or no supervision, you will appreciate the buffet that is for adults only.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
juan
Overall I was so disappointed in this hotel. People come to Jamaica for the food and Service. The food was the most disappointing part for me. The overall authenticity was not there. The room I stayed in was beautiful but I kept having to ask for wash cloths over and over again. I went to the spa and the spa was beautiful but I was disappointed in the therapist who worked on me. She was very inconsistent and picked me up late for a 50 min massage. "I was her first client" no excuse. She started me 15 to 20 min into the massage which means I got approx 30 min massage. I was told this is a 5 star hotel people expect the spa experience. I will not be returning to stay at this hotel.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Hope
"Beautiful Place"
Really nice place. Great pool, great food, bars everywhere. They had a towel shortage (room towels and pool towels). Our key cards kept deprogramming and we would have to walk back to the lobby to have them reprogrammed. The cove beach is nice for snorkeling. Nude beach is a long walk and very small area, but has a bar right outside the fence.
4 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
"Huge resort-Good time to be had!"
We enjoyed our stay at the Gran Bahia Principe. We have stayed in many all-inclusives but this is the first at a Gran Bahia property. The hotel was beautiful and the grounds are well maintained. The pool area and beach are beautiful. The food and bar were better than most all inclusive resorts. We had a few issues; staff needs more training especially at front desk, towel availability was a daily issue and restaurant reservations time are too consuming.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Cynthia
"December get away"
We have been to Jamaica many times and have stayed at 6 different hotels. The buffet food was one of the best we have had. Only made it to one of the fine dining restaurants because of the VIP members hogging the desired time slots.This hotel is segregation at its finest. It is all about the VIP members versus the non-members. Speaking of the VIP members...there is a push to get hotel guests to sign-up for membership and insulted when your not buying into it. The VIP sections have their own bars, lounge chairs, beach spots, restaurants, rooms, lounge arrears and it is very enforced by the security. Room was nice, housekeeping was good, grounds are nice. Spent most of time at the beach so didn't really hang at the pools. Enjoyed the entertainment/shopping area since there is no town or market near the hotel. Of course we still love the Jamaica people, but will find another place to stay. Just not sure where the One Love was at this place!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Peaks
"did not know what we were walking into......"
My daughter and i made a last minute trip was not aware what we were walking into, to our surprise it was paradise! We had a wonderful time, except for the hounding of purchasing their privilege club membership-be aware!
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Racquel
Had to wait for beach towels three out of five days, no shrimp at japanese retaurant for tempura and sometimes had to wait for clean plates and glasses in the buffet. Room was nice, food was good and staff was pleasent. Not on level with other all inclusive hotels we have stayed at. Three star at best.
"Beautiful place"
Lets start with some postive things. I stayed at this hotel for about a week. Very nice hotel, nice loacation and with beautiful views. I read alot of comments about this hotel before booking this hotel. Many people complained about room not being clean, etc, things broken, etc. my experience: my room was very clean, nothing broken, AC worked very well. Pool was clean, the hotel itself is very well decorated. Food was excellent at ONLY the Jerk Center (only open for lunch). They serve authetic Jerk chicken with all of their famous hot sauces. All the other resturants were just okay. Basically same food everyday. Very limited late night food options. Burgers and hot Dogs only !!! :( all the unhappy stuff- service is not the greatest. When you ask for something, it arrives very late or you just dont get it. Although I have admit that not everyone was like that. There were some excellent people working there. What really annoyed me was the there was a $6 fee for the safe. $6 is not alot, I just think that room should be equipped with a safe. Otherwise you gonna be worried about you passport, money, valuable things while you are lying out in the sun. Internet is only free in the lobby for 1 hr a day only. Otherwise you have to buy it. Also, they almost harass you buy the spa package, or whatever other package they have. They pull you by the hand to show you whatever deals they have. Not cool !! Overall I am happy with the hotel, some things they def have to work on !!
great hotel
"Nice hotel with a nice pool"
It was pretty awesome. Hotel, staff and food was great.
vick
"NO BEACH TOWELS"
I had a far superior experience at a Riu in Mexico. Buffet food was terrible and had to wait in lines just to get beach towels in the morning. Restaurants were not any better, just more buffet food but on a fancier dish with whatever sauce was themed to the restaurant. "Japanese Delights" ended up being buffet fried rice, 2 crispy spring rolls and beef in salt sauce! Beach was rocky and brown dirty sand. If you want beach in your vacation this is not the place.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Weather great food very good"
Staff is rude to guests A lot of in house fighting feel they are stressed out
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
greg
"Nice hotel. Very comfortable."
Rooms and halls need more lighting and the pool towel are kept running out of towels! I never received one my whole entire stay!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Tracey
Everything thing from the room having a flood every day we were their and not being able to get pool towels for 3 days also the night entertainment was bad
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
paul
"Diapointing Vacation !!!!!!!"
I would like to post my experience, but you only allow me 50 characters. I've been coming to Jamaica for 14yrs....2-3 times a year and the time I chose to bring my family I chose the Grande Bahia (I wasted my money and family's hard earned vacation on a bunch of fluff and promises of "thing s that were supposed to get better ...it was bad I paid to stay at another resort and some family members chose to leave early. I would like a call from Expedia and GB general manager who they kept me away from. I want my money back!!!!!!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Disapointed
"Do not stay here!!"
This is probably the worst experience I ever had!! The first day we arrived about12:30pm went to check in never got our rooms till 5:30!! The front desk and management were very rude!! We had a total of 7 rooms booked we were treated rude!! Even though we had reservation they told us rooms were not ready for us! The second day we had already reserved ocean view the same thing no rooms a available till after 4:00 . Finally got our rooms no running water toilets plug!! Every time u need to use the bathroom you had to go down to the lobby !! We told the front desk never really took care of it! Third day same thing !! Toilet plug no running water told front desk an management didn't have a room till after 12:00 because plumber was fixing the toilet. We asked to change rooms the told me there was nothing available, I would have to check out of room take luggage down stairs in lobby an wait till after 3:00 to see if one is available!! Beach towels are few get one 8:00am at the start of your trip an use them your whole trip!! There is not very many!! Oh did I mentioned if you are trying to book one of the resturant for 14 people the reservation desk was rude and said we can't accommodate you!! They ran out rum, champagne , limited to 2 beers per room, everything that they promised did not received!! What a way to spend your birthday and your sister birthday!! That is Just my experience that does not enclude the other 14 people bad experiences DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
cathy
"Good pool. OK beach. Great food"
Had problems when I arrived. There were three of us but they only had reservations for two. Showed Front desk my itinerary and confirmation number to which they would not accept. Front desk sent me to a computer to pull up the web page which had the same information. They told me to print so they could show their boss. Printing did not work so I had to copy the web page to my email and send to another computer in the room. I got the pages to print. Two hours have gone by and finally they accepted my work but moved me to a new room. The room was in the basement past the storage room. It was in between dining hours so instead of going to the snack bar I was going to order room service. I did not qualify for room service. Still trying to figure out how to qualify for room service. Front desk said I needed to upgrade. I then asked to reserve dinner at Don Pablo. Front desk said I needed to do that at the restaurant. I tried but the restaurant kept sending me back to the front desk. There was a desk next to the front desk that handled reservations. Because the front desk made me lose a day, reservations were full. I had to go talk to the manager in order to reserve a spot.
"Beautiful resort!"
Resort is beautiful and well kept. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the all inclusive benefits.The food buffet was awesome. Especially Jerk chicken at snack bar. We really enjoyed pool as well. Customer service at lobby desk could be much better. Had the feeling that they felt put upon when asking for assistance. Front lobby staff was not very friendly or helpful. but loved everything else. Especially the spa!
RalphED
Beautiful beaches great services people and resort staff really Nice and helpful room was exelent we will really recommend this resort everyone and everything was exelent
natalie
"large resort"
no reservation on arrival. paid 300 dollars a night till they confirmed coffee packs in room, no coffee maker safe in room, key didn't work. desk to send concierge to fix. never showed room musty and damp clothing got damp small pebble beach in front, wear water shoes bigger beach to the left but must walk around priviliged beach then around exclusive beach to reach commom beach near nude beach
caribbean trave
"Do not stay here"
Bad experience , rude staff , bad front desk plug toilets no running water, limited on beach towel rum, beer,and champagne no rooms available to switch to a cleaner room!! Terrible service !!!14 people traveled with us had the worst expieriences at this hotel!! We were celebrating my sister an my birthdays!'
cathy
"wonderful"
Our stay was nice. Food was very good alot to choose from. Staffs in every department was excellent.
6 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Sandra
"Needs lots of improvements"
Family of 4 with 2 children under 12 The hotel is in need of updating and better management. the food is pretty good, however the service staff cannot keep up with the demand and this was during the slow season. they were constantly out of glasses, spoons, bowls, washcloths.. Restaurants are ok we only did 2 must have reservations. the beach shack has great jerk chicken but seating is limited, and there are long lines here as well as at the main buffet. the staff is really trying but there are not enough service people at the buffet. the hostesses who are supossed to seat you are rarely available and rude. the pool is great for young children and family and the bartenders are always eager to please. the beach is ok Our room was very close to the lobby, good and bad things about this, the nightly entertainment is quite loud if you are going to bed early this is a problem. However you are close to the pool and buffet and restaurants. The 1 hour a day wifi is a joke, I could never get mine to work, I know people do because you see people sitting in the lobby on thier devices, but mine never worked. My husband bought the 7 day card and it worked good but only on one device..(40$) On Saturday night our room started leaking and they never did anything about it, on Monday night we had 2 leaks. Not pleasant, glad we checked out on Tuesday
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
K
"The old setting was good"
It was good I will come back again will tell friend about your hotel staff are great food rating a10
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Be ey
"Luxury Vacation"
We upgraded to the Don Pablo Luxury accommodations upon our arrival as our anniversary gift to each other and it was awesome. Maid & Butler service, 24 hour room service, adult only pool & restaurants...wow! Not to mention Premium drinks, internet in your room and a lounge with bar, snacks, computers, books and games. We stayed 3 nights for a quick getaway and it was very relaxing with a lot to do. The jerk chicken at the snack bar was the best I've ever had. I tried curried goat & chicken, ox tails and so many other Jamaican dishes that were excellent. We plan to go back and I have no complaints.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
P.
"Awesome beach front! Great hotel for price"
Rooms were great except that if you have kids, be careful because the doors are not child proof. Even with the safety dead bolt lock inside, one push down on the handle the door opens up! This is also the same for the balcony door. My advise if you have kids stay only on ground floor. The free wifi is only by the check in desk and you get only 60 min free per day! If you use only 20 min per say , you also loose the 40min. So plan on using the full 60min at one time, but be careful not to go over because you will ge charge a full hour if you go over the 60min limit per day. Food and drinks was exceptionally great.. The bacon is to die for!! The excursion tours were awesome! But Shopping and taxi were very expensive, Outrageously priced.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
chauntel
"INCREDIBLE beach, not so incredible food"
This is an ok resort. The best part is the beach...it is amazing. The pool and staff was also very nice. The food on the other hand was terrible. the room was ok, it didnt have the stellar sea view as described. The room was also a little on the small side.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Josh
"Has gone down hill"
Some staff were to put out to help and could not handle the amount of people there. Surely cannot hand many people. Security was visible but never act.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
4 time there
Great place for the whole family. Loved the staff - very kid friendly and always ready to help/ assist
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
It was just "ok" and we will not return. The food was disappointing and so was the reservation policy. The staff was very pushy while trying to get you to upgrade or join their club. The pool and beach were both nice though! It wasn't the worst vacation but we won't be back.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"it was like paradise on earth..!!!"
fantabulous place..!!! i didnt feel like coming back..!!
3 night trip Oct 7, 2014
sandeep
"Nice hotel, close to beach, friendly staff, clean"
Very comfortable and relaxing, service was great and awesome dinners
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Marilynn
"Not the best but ok"
I stayed three nights at the hotel and overall it was ok. I wouldn't stay here again for several reasons. The food was mediocre buffet food most of the time, especially during breakfast and lunch which seemed like the same food over and over. For dinner I went to two of the a la carte restaurants which were just ok too. The japanese hibachi style restaurant was ok nothing much different than an ordinary japanese restaurant. The presentation was ok but the food was salty. My last night there I ate at the French restaurant and again I wasn't impressed, the flavor was bland and the portions were very small. Also food is not served 24 hours as other all inclusive hotels. The drinks overall weren't that great. They didn't have much selections to chose from. The room was very clean. Something they can improve on is the bathroom it had cracked tiles here and there but clean. Im a beach lover and I was not impressed. Parts of the beach area were rocky and the bars were far away. They did have a section that was a nude beach. The pool was nice but I didnt like the fact that it was separated in certain sections. It wouldnt allow you to swim the length of the entire pool or even swim up to the swim up bar if you were on the other side of the pool. The service overall was just ok. I was suppose to recieve a special gift because it was my birthday and never recieved it. There isn't a nightclub either as far as night entertainment goes. They have shows going on in two different sections of the hotel until 1am I believe. If your a food lover and partier this isn't the hotel for you.
3 night trip Sep 25, 2014
Diana
"Truly awful"
This hotel is not worth the time or money. They are constantly hassling you to sell their timeshare program. Most of the people who are in the program hate it. They stated that they were constantly lied to (e.g. they were promised free airport transfers which they did not get. Also, they were promised they could get premium drinks for free, this "all-inclusive" hotel charges other customers. It turns out they only get free drinks in one lounge). The hotel staff repeatedly asks for tips, even the grounds-keepers! They are very nagging and make the entire stay uncomfortable. The rooms and beach are in need of repair. My shower head was broken, then replaced with one that was slightly less broken. The beach has "Caution" tape around broken down areas. The only good part is the Entertainment staff. Antonia, Kevin, Rohan, Peter-gaye, Ainsley and others made the stay pleasant and bearable. They were vivacious and friendly.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Giregirl
A very nice resort, excellent food and services except the "free" WiFi wich needed a professional informaticien to join to.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Some ups and some downs"
Pros: This property is on an amazing piece of land and was well thought out. The food and drinks were abundant and good quality. The resort was very large and spread out, so we were able to go to the beach and out on the pool and take pictures as if we were the only ones there. I was amazed at how spacious it was. I was also surprised at the size and amenities of our room. Very large, we had a Jacuzzi on the balcony (which did not work) and a Jacuzzi in the spacious bathroom. There are staff there that keep the show going through the day and there are shows at night to enjoy, which are all included in the price as well. Security was very helpful at assisting me at using the phone to call and cancel our phone service after our room was burglarized. Cons: Our room had mosquitoes even though the doors remained closed the whole time. Unfortunately, my wife’s phone was stolen from the nightstand by someone who had at least three room keycards. I obtained a copy of the readout from the door lock and saw that within six seconds, the lock was attempted three times, only once successfully. I contacted hotel security, who said it was impossible, because there were only two cards issued and I had possession of both of them. Since I no longer trusted the security of my room, we were forced to carry all of our valuables with us the remainder of the time everywhere we went. The “Privilege Club” presentation wasted four hours of our day as I tried to prove they were selling
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Ray
"Vacation"
Loved the hotel beautiful location. Food was good. Would have like to see a little more variety in food selections from day to day. Towel service was unreliable in room had to buy my own towels and mini bar was not always replenished.
14 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
Tracy
"We have to change room."
We paid for a seaview and did not get that the first night.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Greatly disappointed!"
The outer areas of the hotel were very well kept, but the rooms were horrible. The first room assigned to me and my family had a defective air conditioner; it was not cooling properly and leaking all over the floor. The refrigerator was hot and we were assigned a room with a king bed for a family of three. I was not happy. I requested another room and was given one with a hot refrigerator, the ceiling in the bathroom was falling and the bathroom overall was disgusting. I am extremely disappointed with the conditions of the bedrooms.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Not what I expected"
Jamaica is a beautiful island, however our stay at this hotel wasnt enjoyable. Hotel hallways are not air conditioned. Hallways to rooms were poorly lit. Food was disgusting....be prepared to see the same stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Btw they have a variation of food from diff countries every night. jamaica night doesn't have authentic food it tasted like someone had given an 8 year old a recipe book and some ingredients and told them to try their best I was a bit taken aback to see not one woman in the role of manager in the dining room or restaurants. Gran Bahia it is 2014. Oh....bring your own washcloth bc none is provided. Staff are accommodating but it seems as if they are treated poorly by upper management...please avoid the ladies in the front lobby who will sway you to sign up for a time share presentation the next day.Dont do it........it's impractical and too good to be true. Gran Bahia please take a look at your hotel and work on making guest feel comfortable and welcome.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
vacation queen
"5 Star? Pfffft... Not at ALL!"
We booked a suite and the view I had during my stay was absolutely beautiful and I loved the landscaping and activities provided however the ENTIRE hotel needs an overhaul. Firstly, upon arrival I noticed how dirty the jetted tub was and the smell of the bathroom was very displeasing as a whole. After requesting that housekeeping clean the tub, once I used it, three of the six jets were broken! The stand in shower leaked horribly onto the bathroom floor and even out into the hall due to inadequate sealing and we had to request mopping and new towels nearly twice a day from cleaning up all the water. Then at one point the shower bracket fell totally out of the wall. Room service although pleasant, were not prompt and the food on the entire resort was not good... AT ALL. The carpeting in the hotel halls was stained on nearly every floor. The a/c barely worked, the bed linen was awful (rough and uncomfortable) additionally the bed mattress was the worst sleep I ever had. Although we rarely watched TV during our vacation... when we did indulge, we had to squint our eyes to see the picture because the TV was so small. The staff were all pleasant and very nice, no complaints there... however the facilities were just bad, not worth the 5 start rating at all.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Nicole
i dont like the food in the buffet.................................
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Bad experience"
Dirty worn out hotel... staff not interested... food service is like a school cafeteria ...
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Barry
"Nice resort"
It was great. Food was very delicious. Don Pablo steak dinner was awesome. Very close to the attractions. Very nice scenery. Only thing I didn't like was the power went out for a cpl minutes
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Kenny
"It's ok..."
There was a serious mold problem in our room which could make someone sick. I have a photograph of one of the locations. Also, one of the vacation club staff was extremely rude to me on the second day. I was crossing her in the corridor near the lobby and she smiled and said hello. I smiled back and replied hello. As she went on I heard her say quite loudly, "put a smile on your face" in a cocky Jamaican accent. Well I don't walk around smiling so people will think I am mad but I did smile to her when I said hello. NEVER in my travels have I encountered someone so rude, let alone a member of staff who is supposed to be kind and professional. We could not get in to the restaurants at a reasonable time or to accommodate all three of us. Pillows terrible, no wash cloths, cleaners talking loudly in the corridors from early in the morning..never seen a hotel where so many staff just hang out in the corridors. Kids Club was great, jerk chicken good, beer cold and service prompt. Probably the best staff and service at any of the large inclusives that we have encountered with one notable exception. They seem to care, like the bellman who stayed behind and helped us with our luggage. The vibe was good and you could have a good time there, just avoid peak times otherwise you will eat in the main buffet every night. The food is good, the wine is okay and the service as attentive as can be expected when they are full and there is no A/C and staff and guests are sweating.
4 night family trip Aug 11, 2014