All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
50 Red Oaks Mill Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12603, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Quiet, peacefull location"
Relaxing place to stay. The free breakfast and complimentary evening wine was great.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"very nice- with a less puffy pillow and a heron"
Our stay was just fine~ one night, a quiet sleep and a friendly breakfast room. The desk clerk personally delivered a less puffy pillow to our room upon request. What more could we ask for?
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Paula thank you for staying with us and writing your review.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Great views"
With a small but picturesque fall and creek running behind the length of the hotel, the atmosphere was tranquil and pleasant. About 5 minutes from the Vassar campus where we were visiting; closer to 15 minutes from the Hudson and Marist College/Culinary Institute. Service was professional and polite. The hotel is older but several upgrades have made it a nice place to stay. A little musty when you first open the room, but with the windows open and the beautiful breeze it was nice after a short amount of time. Adequate continental breakfast with waffle maker and sandwiches to microwave.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Very nice hotel and lovely water view. Front Desk staff very friendly and helpful -- young man Steven was very informative and polite. Complimentary breakfast was good with many choices.
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Thank you for staying with us.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2014
mtrest
Friendly and helpful staff. Front desk person was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. I hope she forgives me for not stating her name but I didn't want to butcher it. The room was clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay again in the future.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Good stay but they need to fix TV service in the rooms. My TV channels had a lot of snow.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Phil
"Unexpected treasure..."
In trying to book two hotels rooms for an obviously busy weekend, I happened upon this Best Western. I desperately snatched up the last rooms, but was encouraged by the nice reviews submitted by past guests. What a nice surprise! The hotel is spacious and beautifully designed; the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Off of the Breakfast/Bar area is a deck overlooking a running stream, a nice place to enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or to have one's breakfast in nice weather. An overall terrific find, and highly recommended...
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Near main roads"
Clean, inviting hotel. Good complimentary breakfast. Near Vassar College and main roads. Short drive to Hyde Park. Enjoyed Walkway over the Hudson in downtown Poughkeepsie.
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
Ann
Needs to be considerate of customer's needs. My elderly parents had a room furtherest from the elevator ie rm 218. Hotels need to reconsider these changes
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
In the future please call the hotel in advance so that we can block you into a room closer to the lobby. We have no idea who is coming and what their needs are unless we are told. I'm sorry they were put at the end of the hall. Please let us know next time so that we can make their stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you back soon.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Pillows were very firm . Requested softer pillow but no response or action. .
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2014
"decent for a short stay"
We were visiting family for a couple of days,so the location was great. The length of visit was at the max we could handle in this place. The patio overlooking the river was a nice touch. But the room was a little stinky, like it got real humid in there in the recent days and the moisture stuck around. The AC unit was inadequate for the room, kept turning to just 'fan', which made the room feel even more humid. The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast. Decent place for the price we got it for, might stay again if I had to, but as a second or third choice. There is not a lot around, pretty desolate city really.
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Thank you for your comments it helps us to make every guests stay great.
3 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
JMB
"Ewwww."
Carpet was wet with some shampoo or attempt at cleaning. Artificial fragrance in hallway so strong it made us feel sort of sick. everything, floor, bath, doors, walls was dirty. The whole place needs attention.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Not up to expectation"
My husband and I attended a wedding near this hotel, as it was selected by the bride and groom as a choice accommodation to stay. We booked a king bedroom suite with sofa bed over a month ago via Expedia. Upon our arrival (which was a late check-in at 6 p.m.), we discovered that our room was "given away" and they had us reserved for a two queen bed room. The individual at the front desk looked at our reservation, checked what they had on file from Expedia, and stated that the person who booked the room entered the information incorrectly and did not reserve the king room, but rather the two queen bed room. We requested compensation, at the very least, the monetary difference of hotel room rates, but he expressed he was unable to do so. He also did not make any special efforts to offer any kind of restitution to rectify this unpleasant situation or to improve upon our experience. Having no time to argue since we were attending the wedding the same evening, we went to our room and were not pleased; the room was okay in decor, bathroom required updating, and the odor had a faint insecticide scent. Anyone planning to stay at this hotel should definitely call prior to arrival to reconfirm your type of room and not mind staying in average accommodations.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Regina
Great value
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"HAPPY HOUR ISSUES MARRED OTHERWISE PLEASANT STAY"
THIS IS A NICE MOTEL, WITH COMFORTABLE, CLEAN ROOMS AND A PLEASANT COMMON AREA. BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY SPONSOR A HAPPY HOUR (MAYBE JUST ON SATURDAY NIGHTS), WHICH ATTRACTED THE LOCAL DRUNKS. SOMEONE THREW UP IN THE PARKING LOT, AND THERE WERE OBNOXIOUS DRUNK FOLKS HANGING AROUND. IT MADE OUR STAY MUCH LESS PLEASANT THAN IT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN.
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
I am sorry about our guests being drunk. On rare occasions people who are staying with us get drunk from outside sources. Our Manager's Reception is every night however it only includes two drinks per person between 5:30 and 7:30pm. Again sorry for that guest behavior, we do not encourage drunk people and the staff knows to not serve them here at the hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Funny stay in Poughkeepsie"
Room was nice. Staff was friendly. Seemed a bit disjointed and disorganized. Wanted a drink from the bar and had to explain how it was made to the person on duty. (Which was fine, as I got just the drink I wanted. Pleasant setting for hotel ten minutes from Vassar College.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Just What We Needed"
I was very pleased with our stay. I needed a place at the last minute, because other plans fell through. I booked a room online, but when I got to the hotel, that room had just been given to someone else, so they gave us a significant upgrade to a suite. Service was friendly, the room was clean, comfortable, and full of amenities. I also enjoyed the variety of breakfast options.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Jacqui
Clean and comfortable. TV was a bit fuzzy and I nearly ran out of toilet paper, otherwise the room was great. Breakfast was a nice bonus and staff was friendly. Would completely recommend.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice place to stay when you must stay in the area"
The hotel is very nice for the area. I was up there to take and pick up my daughter from camp. From what I understand, this hotel is mainly used for parents in the area for the colleges or camps. The hotel is dated, but they bend over backwards to make everything right. The hotel is clean and the two things I enjoyed the most were the breakfast that comes with the room and the outdoor seating next to a small river. The breakfast is a do-it-yourself waffles, egg sandwiches, cereal-type thing, but it is set up nice with fresh fruit, great coffee and plenty of seating. The gentleman at check-in was very kind to me and my young daughter. He also was helpful in letting us know where to go eat with a young child. There are very few options in this area when needing a place to stay that is decent. After much research I chose this hotel and it suited our needs just fine. The TVs are small; this is not a luxury hotel, but it worked for us. I would stay there again.
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Thank you for writing your review and staying with us.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Jody
"Lovely room overlooking falls"
The staff was wonderful as was the room.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Pleasant"
Nice setting, breakfast and happy hour. Some 1:30am noise from other guests above, but quickly resolved by staff. Convenient to town and some Catskills activities.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
LMB
"Excellent Customer Service!"
Nice place! Great people! Shout out to Nicole!!! Would highly recommend!!
2 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Moira
When I asked for the internet code I was told it did not work in the part of the hotel I was in . The room had nail holes in the wall . The wall paper had patches about one foot by one foot that had new paper on it. The TV had 49 channels numbered 1-49 no way to tell if it was ABC, CBS, CNN, or HBO.
Response by Best Western Plus The Inn & Suites At The Falls
Our entire hotel has wireless internet. As for the TV there is a channel guide in every room. Sorry you were given the wrong information. Thank you for your review.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Beautiful neighborhood and close to Route 9."
We decided on Poughkeepsie as our hotel destination so that we could enjoy the Walk Over the Hudson and be just a few miles from Hyde Park. The staff were friendly and helpful, complementary wine and beer were offered for two hours, and we were able to sit outside with a view of the water.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
"excellent"
Excellent accommodations and good service.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great hotel with nice view!"
We truly enjoyed our stay there, with a great view (water fall behind the hotel, there were geese outside, very pleasant), free wine and beer. Free breakfast was wonderful plus. The bathroom was a little weirdly designed.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Goose
"Difficult to find if you don't know the area."
Once checked in, we had a good overall experience. Breakfast room is very nice with lots of eating. Breakfast, itself was good. Rooms, carpeting, etc., a little tired, but good value for the price.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Ron
"Like a little hideaway"
As you go onto the hotel property, there's an arch that's reminiscent of a monastery or a vineyard entry. Pleasant wooded grounds. Provided free services, e.g., a computer and printer, wi-fi. Free breakfast, which included microwavable breakfast sandwiches and waffles (from a make-it-yourself griddle), was substantially better than the breakfasts found in most other hotels.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
J.
"Nice hotel on a beautiful stream"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. Our room overlooked Wappinger Creek. Very pretty. Hotel was quiet. Breakfast in the morning was good by continental breakfast standards. Good value, close to Vassar and Poughkeepsie sights.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"quaint and quiet"
An older hotel but very peaceful, clean. The location was a bit awkward but if you just need a quiet clean place to sleep then this place is perfect. I would stay there again if it was not so far from Newark airport.
2 night trip May 27, 2014
cyndi
"Quiet, clean, and scenic"
This was a quiet and clean place to stay located next to a scenic brook. It has a quaint bridge you drive under when you arrive that is part of the hotel structure. I was disappointed in the "full breakfast" which consisted mostly of heat up Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, bagels, coffee, etc. I was expecting a home-cooked breakfast, not microwavable sandwiches!
1 night trip May 15, 2014
Lucy
Gotta love a happy hour with free booze!! Also, breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of options. I will be staying here again!
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Noisy people outside our room all night long."
Awaken in the middle of the night by of all thing a bunch of old ladies. Noisy, trashy people in their 70s and 80s. Unbelievable. Manager had to tell them to shut up twice to get these "bas clas" Geri's to get quiet. Later learned they were part of some kind of drunk old lady's pup crawl. Disgusting.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
j
"Lovely Stay"
Slept soundly in this quiet area, nice location, front desk very helpful. Will most likely visit here again.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
Everything was great. Excellent view. Staying there as visiting vassar & eating at CIA.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Comfort and Convenience"
Very nice hotel, conveniently located to my destination, clean, quiet and comfortable. Nice fridge in room, good towels, comfortable and pleasant space, good breakfast. Fitness facilities could be improved-room was VERY small, but at least there was a fitness room. Better than other similarly priced hotels nearby. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"College visit trip"
Comfortable, convenient, friendly staff. Easy to visit nearby colleges, we've been 3 times now, and will stay again in august for college drop off.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"It was fine"
absolutely fine - nothing stellar - it's a Best Western. Lovely location, clean rooms, basic breakfast with average coffee. It's a great option for the price. We were only there for one night and it was just fine.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
"Pleasant Surprise"
Our stay was fantastic, service was courteous and friendly. I was pleasantly surprised there was a continental breakfast, I didn't think we were getting one. I highly recommend your staying at this hotel if your planning a stay in the Catskills.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Brenda D
"A nice surprise!"
We were charmed by the stream-side location. We had one warm, sunny day to enjoy the outdoor patio, with a complimentary glass of wine. On the rainy day, we watched birds on the creek as we ate breakfast. Nice to be able to open the windows in the room- it was a fine stay.
2 night trip Apr 14, 2014
"Great location , very friendly staff."
No Problems, good breakfast, comfortable , clean , quiet room.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
"River view"
The sound and view of the river adds a nice touch. The hotel is above average and the free happy hour is a plus. The breakfast could be a improved, but free is free.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Bruce
"Gorgeous river-side setting near Vassar"
Stayed here prior to heading over to a college visit at Vassar (3 miles away). The setting was beautiful -- the 2-story breakfast room looks out over a gurgling river and rapids/falls. The front desk was gracious/friendly, the beds were super comfortable, and the included breakfast was ample. Finding the spot late at night was a little tricky because of a dead battery on our smartphone GPS, but would otherwise have been easy. Quite satisfied.
1 night trip Apr 9, 2014
Would stay here again. Very friendly staff.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"good hotel for the price"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was the least expensive option for me that still retained high quality. I stayed one night on my way to a conference and had no problems at all. They even have a free wine/beer happy hour in the evenings.
1 night trip Apr 3, 2014
Wonderful location being close to everything needed & family weekend events but also not in a high traffic area. Quiet area.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Loved everything about this hotel, just needs more"
Close to everything , even relitives we were visiting
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
Tony
"Will definitely stay again"
The hotel is located along a river and there are water falls close by - sitting on the outside deck enjoying a glass of wine was wonderful! The staff were ALL very friendly and accommodating. If you are traveling through Poughkeepsie and need a place to stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel!
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
"Mediocre at best"
Other than the staff, which was very nice and helpful, everything else was not pleasing.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Overnight stay to visit friends in area."
Been to the hotel quite often. Very clean, quiet with a staff that is very friendly. Plenty of hot water in the shower - very important for me. Free breakfast was ok.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014