All hotels in Metropolis, Illinois, United States of America
100 E Front St, Metropolis, IL, 62960, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Super stay in Superman's town!!"
I asked for, and got, an Ohio River view. It was nice to have my coffee while watching barges move up and down the river. I usually request a king room, but to get the view I had 2 queens. The room was still spacious and the beds were super comfy with lots of pillow options. Staying in a casino hotel means no free breakfast, and while my dinner (soup, burger, green beans & fries - $17) was tasty enough, the service was sketchy so I didn't return for breakfast. The neighborhood was great. I felt very safe walking about the area alone. When I accidentally left my key in the room, the desk clerk got a manager to return to the room with me. She checked my ID to insure I really was the registered guest. As a bonus to all this, Metropolis makes much of the Superman connection. There's a 15 foot tall enameled bronze statue on Superman Square, a museum, a life sized Lois Lane bronze and lots of related murals. Really a fun town!!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great stay and received great service from the staff. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back the next time you are passing through!
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Cindy
"Super(man) deal!!"
Great price! Enjoyed the quaint town and peaceful view of the river!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your rating, we are glad you enjoyed your visit!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Nancy D
Our first time in this hotel, also first time in a midwest river casino. I would say, it's serviceable. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Based on multiple web reviews, we avoided the buffet at dinner and ate at the local bar/grill up the street. Let's just say, Metropolis is trying but the town is very tired and the surroundings just aren't much. The casino itself is small. As a way point, it's a clean hotel at a good price. It's hard to imaging this being a destination.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels and thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you received friendly service during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Comfortable bed, but the resort fee is outrageous"
The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. Food at the restaurant was good, but really pricey.The neighborhood was deserted and very depressed looking. I was not happy about the $11 a night "resort fee" charged to a bill that was paid in full before we even arrived. For that reason alone, I will not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Pauleen
"Overnight casino trip!"
I took my family on an overnight trip for my sister's birthday. The stay was great and the service was so very friendly! We all had a great time. We had 2 rooms, and one had to be handicapped accessible. We were well accommodated.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for choosing to visit us for your sister's birthday and thank you your review! We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay and received friendly customer service during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Randell
"great stay"
had a great stay. Room was nice and clean. Great location.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are glad you had a great stay on your visit! Thanks for your review!
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2015
"amenities charge"
Disappointing to have $12 amenities charge added to my $52 hotels.com amount before I even got to the room. The explanation was internet charge and local phone calls. And then $50 was held on my credit card in event of other phone calls. This charge was deleted upon my checkout. I expect this $12 to be refunded because it is a bogus charge.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Jean
"Casino is nice"
Great Place to stay, only issue was no room service for our 2nd day stay. Other than that it was great.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the problem you experienced with room service. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management for further review. We appreciate your time.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
Marco
Food not so great.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Sheila
"Why no freewifi?"
We don't understand why we have to pay for WiFi when you don't have to in most motels. In fact this is the only motel that we have stayed at that charges so we forgo it.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We apologize for the confusion regarding the WiFi. We do offer free WiFi in room, and we are sorry that was not properly communicated to you. Thank you for leaving us a review, and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Fredrick
I was very disappointed with the buffet. The food was terrible the buffet was not very clean. The banana cream pie was only banana flavored. Not as advertised. When we got to the room there were only 2 bath towels and a wet hand towel thrown over the bathtub. When I asked for one more towel they sent up at least 6 or more and the wet one was still there. There was only enough coffee for three cups. And the restaurant didn't open til 7am and we were on the road by 6. Would have been ice if we could have eaten first.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback on how we can better accommodate you and our future guests. Your comments have been forwarded to managemenet for further review. Thank you for choosing to stay at our property and thank you for your time.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Judith or Ron
Clean, quiet, and easily accessed rooms. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Very satisfied overall.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are happy to hear that you received friendly service and had a great stay overall. Thank you for visiting us!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Ron
"Great Stopover Spot!"
We stopped here on the way back to Chicago from F-L-A. It was a long day of driving, and we were ready to hit a quick shower and a nice, cool bed before the final 7 hours of drive time. Everything about this property was on-point, from the welcome at the front door, to the welcome at the front desk (with offer to arrange room service if we so desired), to the free decks of spent casino cards in a bowl. It was a quick in and out, so we did not get to partake in any gaming or dining, but we'll be back--with some extra time and cash budgeted for fun, alongside the comfort upstairs.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are flattered to hear your kind words. We are glad to hear you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Not kid or disabled friendly"
We stayed overnight on a 3 day journey with our 3 yr old and elderly disabled parents. The walking distance to the buffet was too much for my elderly parents and the steak house was too spendy. Pizza is the only room service offered. Ordered and received in a timely fashion but the dough was raw! The rooms, however, were very nice.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. We realize that since the new casino has opened, it makes the trek to the buffet less convenient. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will choose to visit us again.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Sheri
"I could live here"
Large room. Very comfortable beds , sheets , pillows. Nicely appointed. Bonus was a view out our window of the Ohio River. I could live here the pizza we ordered was delicious and hot
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay and enjoyed the pizza!
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Good experience"
One night --hotel food pricy --but very good-- difficult parking except for valet--every thing very clean--overall good experience
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience overall and enjoyed dining with us! We appreciate your feedback!
1 night trip Jul 23, 2015
"Let down in Metropolis"
Price was great bed was terrible for a nice place like this I was utterly let down. I think the floor would have been better. Of all the aces we stayed for two weeks this had the worst bed with the nicest room. Buffet sucked don't waste your money.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
TIMOTHY
Great room, Great buffet. Missing coffee bar/pool/workout room.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Harris"
Room was very nice but carpet was terrible, was told at chech out that they were in the process of changing out all of the carpets.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
The hotel over charged me even though I had already paid. They followed up by taking a deposit out of my account and hung onto my money for days. This did not happen with the other hotel I booked in Macon. They proceeded to charge me for things I did not purchase. It was a terrible experience.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay at Harris in Metropolis, IL."
My Mom and I stayed at your hotel on our way to my Great Nephew's wedding in O'Fallon, IL.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property!
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Pamela
"Value!"
For us, this was an excellent option for an overnight stay on our way from Chicago to Florida (we stopped one more place further down on the way). Free parking & valet service, very nice people, clean, modern, roomy; but the best part is the value! Our room was on an upper floor facing the river & the view was interesting (with the river hitting unusually high levels). The bar & restaurant were good. Fun to walk around the casino (we don't gamble). The Superman statue, etc. were mildly interesting. The nearby fort and park was interesting. Overall, we recommend this hotel, particularly for the very low price we paid.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the area. We appreciate your recommendations!
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
W Fred
"Superman was watching the casino parking lot!"
It was a good stay for the most part with the exception of a pimp w/ his product and an undesirable on a skateboard in the parking lot looking at cars. Both were reported to security w/o resolution.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We take security at our property very seriously, and if a report was made, it was most certainly investigated. The parking lot, as well as the hotel and casino, are under 24 hour video surveillance. We thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at our property.
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Midweek Getaway"
Just an overnight stay to enjoy a good steak and gamble a little.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your steak and had fun playing in the casino. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Nice!"
Came in earlier than expected but 2bed room was available. Very nice accommodations. Bed was very high, hard for a short person to get into use the bench provided at the foot to get into bed but short for a 6 ft person.Mattress was soft and body conforming.. Coffee pot was missing a part so couldn't make coffee. Very nice room and fluffy towels. Friendly staff. Great rest!
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Jerry
"really"
when booked we were told they had a pool, arrived and the man behind the counter just laughed, saying they do that all the time. wifi did not work. atm charge 3 times average, total waste
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"A jewel on the Ohio"
The hotel staff was unbelievably attentive- the slightest look of bewilderment brings a staff member-be it guest services,a desk agent or even a guard- and they are friendly. I felt extremely safe at this property. The room showed signs of wear- carpet was shot. As a note, housekeeping won't touch your stuff-at all. If you need something extra, leave a note and a tip.
4 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Stayed one night on our way back to Minnesota. Pleasantly surprised. Only thing was the mattress was too soft and kind of lumpy. Would stay at your hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
Betty
This was an overnighter on our trip to Missouri. The buffet was not very good after eating at many buffets in casino's we thought it would have more variety and fresher selection. The hotel caters to the locals and is really not accustomed to out of town guests. Room was very clean and spacious. Ok for 1 night.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
A surprisingly good value
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Close to park with river view
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
kathleen
"Nice stopover on my trip"
It was a nice hotel - particularly if you want to gamble. I was traveling through, while moving to a new job. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I appreciate that they are pet-friendly.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Stopp off the road"
We stayed at the Harrahs Hotel in Metropolis during a car trip to Florida. It was a clean and comfortable room.
1 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
Benajmin
This property was nicer than we expected and the staff was very freindly and helpful. But they hardly have any non smoking rooms and they allow smoking in the common areas.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2015
noelle
Stayed one night enroute to St.Louis. Hotel seems relatively new, and was very clean. Beds/pillows very comfortable. Attached to casino with easy access to restaurant.
1 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
"Best hotel on our trip so far!"
All this for $55!!! Room excelled in space, comfort, lay out, friendliness of staff, ambience.
1 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
"Great place to stay."
Very nice hotel at a low price.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Simply put"
Great hotel, horrible customer service, & for that reason alone I wouldn't stay again.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
Jacqueline
"Nicer than expected"
We just passed thru town and needed a stop for an overnight with our children so we weren't even able to make it to the casino. The hotel was much nicer and in better condition than we expected for the price. We had dinner at the buffet with our children and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. I only wish they had had a fitness center or pool but I suppose they'd rather have folks in the casino than enjoying other amenities.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
"received harrassing calls from the front desk"
was treated like a second class citizen because we booked through hotels.com
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
lori
"Nice place to stay"
It would have been nice to have some kind of breakfast included. The only problem was no vent fans in the bathroom.
2 night family trip May 18, 2015
"Trip home"
We stop there on way home every year.
1 night romance trip May 21, 2015
"great room"
Hotel room was great. We felt the food was below average. Hotel security was above average.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
HAD A WONDERFUL TIME, FRIENDLY , CLEAN AND TRIED TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time and received great customer service during your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Nice Stay in Metropolis"
Very comfortable, clean, quiet
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
Rooms were nice. The hallways stunk of stale cigarette smoke, bad!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your feedback. We apologize for the odor you encountered on your recent stay. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management for further review. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Other trip May 21, 2015
beth
"A little deceiving"
The room was fine, but the food little pricey for the area and the casino machines were very tight. I did not like the added charge on the bill of $11 and changed apparently a resort fee? My $55.00 room after all the add ons turned out to b over $80.00, not worth the price
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
Jack V
"Great bang for your buck."
We were volunteering in Brookport. Convenient location. Great price. No pool or hot tub. I really enjoyed seeing the Superman museum and store. Liked the restaurant/ bar down the street. Fat Edd's.
5 night trip with friends May 10, 2015
Stephen
"Extra Charges!"
Advertised rate was low but then they add in 20% in resort fees and then try to charge an "amenities fee" upon checkout. Unless you want to pay extra for your room I would not recommend this location.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Customer service"
I got my room through hotels.com , and due to this my room was as far from the elevator as possible and over looking the parking lot. My wife and I are in our seventies and didn't need the long walk to our room from the elevator. This was a Wednesday and there were few customer staying at the hotel,I think a better room should be offered when there are few guest at the hotel.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015