All hotels in Metropolis, Illinois, United States of America
100 E Front St, Metropolis, IL, 62960, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"It was awfull"
It was ok they do not follow the guidelines we have stayed here before and it was great this time was awfull the beds were horriable you get in the bed and immediatly sink into the middle. And it was also very hot in the room too the point that we had the air turned down to 66 just we could try and sleep. We were suppose to have a room that had fullview of the river forvthe kids they love watching the boats. But we did not we had a very little area we could see the rest was roof top view. We requested a roll away bed they do not allow these so they told us on the phone that theyvwould give us a room with queen beds andva couch in it. So when we get there the desk proceeds to tell us they do not have rooms like this i tell them that tgere person over the phone told us they did and he was putting us in that room. The guy said nope this is what wewe have. then we went to the casino and was turned away at 4:20AM they we clise in a few mins so no one else will go in. We tried to tell them your sign in the elevator says 5AM but they would nit lets us go in. Over all this has to be the worst experiabce we have ever had i do not think we will ever go back here.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"One night stay at a good price"
Room was very nice. Found some floor trash near table that was missed but bathroom was very clean. Ate the buffet next morning convenient but just ok. Would stay again.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Ricky and Diana
"I enjoyed my stay and I will stay their again."
Lovely , Hotel staff was excellent and extremely accommodating with any and everything service that I needed.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you received great customer service and we were able to accommodate your requests!
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Great stay at a great price!
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Great Getaway!"
The room was VERY SPACIOUS! We liked staying above the casino, where we could go and enjoy as we pleased. The restaurants downstairs were nice as well. The only complaint would be it was easy to hear people in the hallway from the room.
2 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"Sleepless in Metropolis"
We thought this hotel was a good choice based on an earlier stay. The rooms are a very good value for the price, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. But the second time we stayed there, they checked in a women with three upset children after midnight and put them in the room next to ours. This, after we had specifically requested a room in the quieter area of the hotel. The racket was so bad we could not get back to sleep and had to ask to change rooms.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Great hotel at a great price"
The hotel and room was very clean. The beds were very comfortable, even though they were only full size and not queen or king. It was nice having the toilet in a separate room from the sink and tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The parking was plentiful and the free valet parking was a nice touch. The only complaint was the $50 deposit that I hope will get refunded to my cc.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay and you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The deposit put on your card is released upon checkout. The bank will then clear it within 5-7 business days. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Thumbs up for this hotel"
Booked for business at Harrah's Casino Hotel. Very nice hotel, check-in lady told us that the housekeeping staff was short staffed. When going up to our room, noticed staff still clean which was no big deal for me. Room was clean.
2 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
Marie
"Like"
Great
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
DANIEL
"Nothing is complimentary"
Really disappointed that you had to pay for internet. All the Hotels I have stayed in offer it as a free service.
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2015
"Nice hotel but not gamblers."
Very nice hotel. Didn't know this was a casino.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
"Great stopover"
My wife and I stay at Harrah's in Metropolis each time we go down to Orange Beach, AL. Likewise on our return to Wisconsin. Very enjoyable...
1 night romance trip Mar 1, 2015
james c.
The hotel is very nice with a clean, nicely decorated room. The room was quiet, with no outside noises from the casino. GPS directed us about 4 blocks from the hotel, which should be noted, in case others find this to be true on their GPS. It took us through a park, and we were behind the hotel which looked more like a factory from the back side. Staff was very courteous and helpful.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and casino. We are pleased to hear that you were able to have a comfortable and quiet stay. Thank you for noting the issue you had with your GPS. Your comments have been forwarded to management to research the issue. We are glad you found the staff to be courteous and helpful and hope to have the chance to welcome you back.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Shirley
"great rooms"
long drive to hotel and arrived to a great room, greater bed and totally good experience!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you had a great experience and hope to have the chance to serve you on future trips!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Deep clean needed for bathrooms"
The room finishes and features were very nice but for a 4 star hotel the cleanliness was very poor. The bathroom needed a deep clean. In addition only 1 bath towel was provided and the second person to shower had to use a hand towel to dry off. Desk was very busy and I had to ask about hotel amenities, layout and services. Also front desk did not explain wifi access called down was put on hold for over five minutes so I had to walk down to help understand how to connect. Consear was a very odd man and talked to himself about what he was doing. In addition while he rolled his cart he uses he made motorcycle sounds....very odd. The last thing is hotel.coms fault. When I booked the room it said double or single. I selected double when I checked in they only had a king bed. Which required me to get a roll in bed to accommodate my needs. I love my mom but it would be very weird to sleep in the same bed as her. I would like for hotels.com to research this more and call me to discuss.
1 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Todd
"Hotel Accommodations"
Great accommodation and very good price. Will definitely book again. Restaurant food was fantastic.
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2015
Pamela
"Great pick"
Excellent Room at a great price
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Darrell
"Clean, large, quiet, great"
Several miles inland from the highway, but worth it. Room clean, large, and quiet.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your comments. We thank you for choosing to drive the extra few miles in to town to stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found the drive to be worth it and found your room to be spacious and quiet. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Biz trip"
Great room. Slept the best I have in long time.
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Douglas
"Relaxing"
The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. I enjoyed the jetted tub.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"Stranded traveler"
Weather was record setting snows and road horrible hotel was great let us stay in our room extra day as we could not travel. Was so grateful.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Freddy
"Could've been better."
It would've been a better experience if the hotel had microwaves and movie channels at least one but otherwise fine.
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2015
Tyneshia
"Outstanding Room"
Best room that I have had in a very long time.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2015
"Great hotel for the value!"
We stopped last minute on our way home from vacation, didn't gamble but did get to eat at the one restaurant and food was delicious! Beautiful room that was very clean, king size bed that you could sink into for days! We didn't want to leave, and most certainly will be staying here again
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent visit. We are glad you had a good time and felt comfortable in your room. We can't wait to provide you great customer service on your next visit!
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
morgan
Excellent location and service. I love the rooms the staff was so nice.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for reviewing our property. We are pleased to hear that you received great customer service on your recent stay and you enjoyed your room. We hope you choose to visit us again!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
D. Williams
"Quiet and peaceful overnight stay."
Enjoyed the easy access to the casino. Buffet food excellent. Will try to stay in this hotel close to Paducah every time I'm visiting.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the buffet and the easy access to the new casino. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Elberta
"Bad weather"
Are stay wS great but it snowed a ton and the parking lot was horrible. No one owed and it was very hard to get to our car and get out of the lot.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay. We are sorry to hear that you had a hard time when you were leaving. We assure you our crew was working around the clock to clear the lots and road coming in. With the heavy snowfall in such a short amount of time, it was exceedingly difficult to try and stay ahead. We appreciate your patience and understanding and do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Kathleen
"decent for the price"
Room was clean, we enjoyed that we could smoke in our room. Walking across the street in the cold and blistery winds was harsh though in the morning for breakfast because we had children with us. There should be a walk path that allows families to stay warm in the winter.
1 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
"great Hotel"
great place to stay the restaurants are wonderful and the rooms are very nice.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Asian Carp trip"
beautiful view
1 night business trip Dec 22, 2014
"Good value."
Very comfortable, but room not fully cleaned when we arrived.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you found your room to be comfortable. We apologize for the status of your room when you arrived. We hope that you notified the front desk and they were able to accommodate you accordingly. Thank you again for your feedback.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Over all great room for the price"
Had to wait at the front desk for 5 min before I could find someone to check us in. (We were their late in all fairness 9 pm) but when we got to the room it was very nice and very clean. Hotels.com said their was Continental breakfast but this was not the case and I had to pay $2 for a cup of coffee in the morning. Over all great room rest of service needs some polishing.
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2015
Matthew
"Surprise gem"
The price was so reasonable that I wasn't hoping for much beyond a clean room and reasonably comfortable bed. What a surprise! A very comfortable little sitting area with loveseat, armchair, and coffee table plus a roomy desk and chair for work. Lots of drawer and closet space. Plus a refrigerator. Extremely nice bathroom. Very comfortable bed. All with the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort. The staff were extra helpful and courteous. We'll definitely stay here again.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you found your room to be spacious and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
The best I've stayed at for the price. Room wa clean and comfortable
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
joel
"Big City Quality - Small town appeal"
It was just a stop along the way to a farther destination but it was a very nice hotel. Love the complimentary valet parking! Like the small town location with a big city quality hotel.
1 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
Becky
"Can't beat it."
Great rooms, little money.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Very comfortable, clean and friendly!"
Everything was great! A little surprised it was $18 to use wifi and there was a hidden $10 third party charge but the room itself was great and the night we checked in, the guy was awesome! I was a little concerned it might be noisy bc of the casino but we didn't hear a peep from anyone! Would stay here again!
1 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
"Clean large room next to casino"
Great location near interstate. Super value for the money. Overall, excellent hotel.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We would like to thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed staying with us!
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
kathy
"Great hotel!"
Great!
1 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
perilym
"Best French Onion Soup Ever!"
Great room soft beds soft pillows great food beautiful new casino
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Comfy stopover."
We signed up for casino reward card and got the 16.99 buffet supper free. Felt like we had gotten a great deal. Had a river side room so that was nice too.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy the nice view overlooking the river and you enjoyed your free buffet! We hope you will choose to visit us again on your next trip.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
snowbirds
"Florida trip stop"
Hotel was great - the food at the restaurant was not very good.
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Sue
"Metropolis"
Nice place.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
"Great stopover"
Nice
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"Staff were amazing! Room was not what we expected"
Staff were great! Room was dirty, and the beds were very small, we had 4 ladies staying there and we asked for 2 queen beds and got 2 full! Not impressed!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We apologize for the mis-communication regarding your room. We offer two types of rooms, one with one King bed, and another with two double beds. We will look into the issue to resolve for future guests. We are pleased to hear, however, that you did find our staff to be amazing! Thanks again for your comments.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Great room for a great price! Only wished the hotel had room service. Thanks!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your room and appreciate the comments. Thank you!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Ann
"Very nice"
Wonderful and very clean ,food was good. We will plan on staying here on our next trip to Flordia
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"hotel.com dropped the ball"
everything was great except for checking in. except for hotel.com didn't send anything to hotel. it was a good thing I printed out information and took it with me. the hotel took care of me. I wonder what would have happened if they had not had any rooms. I was not happy with hotel.com.
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Nice and at a good price"
me and my girlfriend stayed I love the tub it was BIG and I am not a small lady. The bed was nice and soft so was the sofa had a great time would like to stay longer
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Destiny
"Great hotel/ strange area"
Only there for a day – but my room was phenomenal. The area and the neighborhood felt a little sketchy- maybe because it was so desolate- but I really liked the spot.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015