All hotels in Metropolis, Illinois, United States of America
100 E Front St, Metropolis, IL, 62960, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great place"
Excellent staff. Great food. Great rooms. And a casino. Need i say more
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your kind words!
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
jason
"poor morning ammenities"
employees were great. coffee maker in room did not work, no breakfast or coffee in lobby. Just because you are connected to a restraint does not mean you cant set out a pot of coffee.
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
"Relaxing between gambling and Superman"
There was a smell to the room that bothered us at first. The bathtub was wonderful. Deep enough for any of us to fully relax. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough pressure to the shower. The beds were comfortable and winning a little money at the casino didn't hurt.
1 night trip with friends Sep 7, 2015
Anthony
"Harrah's Metropolis"
If you are just looking for overnight accomodations while traveling, don't choose Harrah's. The conviences of other hotel chains such as free internet, free continental breakfast are not available here. Tipping is required and travel expenses will add up. If all you are doing is gambling at casino then this is the location for you. Otherwise, find something else.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We thank you for choosing to stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your trip. We do hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip. Thank you.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Mitch
Great room at a great price.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your room!
1 night trip with friends Sep 3, 2015
Hale
"Very friendly and safe hotel"
I love this hotel, the staff always takes the best care of me. I stay here at least once every six weeks, and they know me by name.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back!
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
Stacey
"Nice place, good weekend trip."
Don't expect much success in the casino. Pretty tight on all the gaming stuff. Staff is nice and the rooms are clean. Wished they had a few more dining options, but they one restaurant they do have is excellent.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
bk
"Worth the drive!"
The place was Beautiful! I was a bit dismayed as I was following my GPS directions as it took me through a older, run-down area. When I finally saw the entrance, I was very relieved. It's a little daunting trying to find the right entrance to check in if you've not been before, but they do have complimentary valet parking. I opted for the free self - parking, tho. The room itself was gorgeous! With a large beautifully decorated bathroom. The tub was large and very nice!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and had a good trip overall. We hope you will choose to visit us again on your next trip!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2015
Clair
"Super stay in Superman's town!!"
I asked for, and got, an Ohio River view. It was nice to have my coffee while watching barges move up and down the river. I usually request a king room, but to get the view I had 2 queens. The room was still spacious and the beds were super comfy with lots of pillow options. Staying in a casino hotel means no free breakfast, and while my dinner (soup, burger, green beans & fries - $17) was tasty enough, the service was sketchy so I didn't return for breakfast. The neighborhood was great. I felt very safe walking about the area alone. When I accidentally left my key in the room, the desk clerk got a manager to return to the room with me. She checked my ID to insure I really was the registered guest. As a bonus to all this, Metropolis makes much of the Superman connection. There's a 15 foot tall enameled bronze statue on Superman Square, a museum, a life sized Lois Lane bronze and lots of related murals. Really a fun town!!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear you had such a great stay and received great service from the staff. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back the next time you are passing through!
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
Cindy
"Added fees"
The hotel staff tried to add a $44.00 fee for our pet when we were checking out. It was very disappointing to have to ruin our nice stay by an argument at the end .....
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Sam
"Super(man) deal!!"
Great price! Enjoyed the quaint town and peaceful view of the river!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your rating, we are glad you enjoyed your visit!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Nancy D
"The bed"
The bed was sooooo comfortable! I didn't want to get out if it!
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
Our first time in this hotel, also first time in a midwest river casino. I would say, it's serviceable. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Based on multiple web reviews, we avoided the buffet at dinner and ate at the local bar/grill up the street. Let's just say, Metropolis is trying but the town is very tired and the surroundings just aren't much. The casino itself is small. As a way point, it's a clean hotel at a good price. It's hard to imaging this being a destination.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels and thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you received friendly service during your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
"Comfortable bed, but the resort fee is outrageous"
The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. Food at the restaurant was good, but really pricey.The neighborhood was deserted and very depressed looking. I was not happy about the $11 a night "resort fee" charged to a bill that was paid in full before we even arrived. For that reason alone, I will not stay here again.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Pauleen
"Overnight casino trip!"
I took my family on an overnight trip for my sister's birthday. The stay was great and the service was so very friendly! We all had a great time. We had 2 rooms, and one had to be handicapped accessible. We were well accommodated.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for choosing to visit us for your sister's birthday and thank you your review! We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay and received friendly customer service during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Randell
"great stay"
had a great stay. Room was nice and clean. Great location.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are glad you had a great stay on your visit! Thanks for your review!
1 night trip with friends Aug 4, 2015
"Quick Getaway"
Never stayed at a Casino Hotel before -- we were NOT disappointed! Friendly staff, very clean and spacious rooms.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"amenities charge"
Disappointing to have $12 amenities charge added to my $52 hotels.com amount before I even got to the room. The explanation was internet charge and local phone calls. And then $50 was held on my credit card in event of other phone calls. This charge was deleted upon my checkout. I expect this $12 to be refunded because it is a bogus charge.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2015
Jean
"Great offer price, high hidden taxes and fees!"
Saw a great offer on Expedia for this hotel for $52 per night, 4.4 star rating, seemed like a no brainer. It had a casino as well, so I figured I'd have a little fun as well. But it wasn't the deal I thought it was. The charge was $68 after taxes. Plus, when I checked in they charged me another $11.09 for resort fees, making the overall stay $79.09 (no idea about the .09 part). Not such a great deal. Room looked nice, although the refrigerator is hidden in a closet making it difficult to get to. The beds were a little on the small and short side. If you are taller than 5'6" your feet will probably hang off the bed, probably why they have benches at the end of the beds. Carpet was pretty gnarly.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Brett
"Nice hotel near the casino"
I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. I expected basic but this was way more than I expected.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant trip and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
Lovingquilts
"Casino is nice"
Great Place to stay, only issue was no room service for our 2nd day stay. Other than that it was great.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for the problem you experienced with room service. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management for further review. We appreciate your time.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
Marco
Food not so great.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Sheila
"Why no freewifi?"
We don't understand why we have to pay for WiFi when you don't have to in most motels. In fact this is the only motel that we have stayed at that charges so we forgo it.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We apologize for the confusion regarding the WiFi. We do offer free WiFi in room, and we are sorry that was not properly communicated to you. Thank you for leaving us a review, and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Fredrick
I was very disappointed with the buffet. The food was terrible the buffet was not very clean. The banana cream pie was only banana flavored. Not as advertised. When we got to the room there were only 2 bath towels and a wet hand towel thrown over the bathtub. When I asked for one more towel they sent up at least 6 or more and the wet one was still there. There was only enough coffee for three cups. And the restaurant didn't open til 7am and we were on the road by 6. Would have been ice if we could have eaten first.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback on how we can better accommodate you and our future guests. Your comments have been forwarded to managemenet for further review. Thank you for choosing to stay at our property and thank you for your time.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Judith or Ron
Clean, quiet, and easily accessed rooms. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Very satisfied overall.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are happy to hear that you received friendly service and had a great stay overall. Thank you for visiting us!
1 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
Ron
"Great Stopover Spot!"
We stopped here on the way back to Chicago from F-L-A. It was a long day of driving, and we were ready to hit a quick shower and a nice, cool bed before the final 7 hours of drive time. Everything about this property was on-point, from the welcome at the front door, to the welcome at the front desk (with offer to arrange room service if we so desired), to the free decks of spent casino cards in a bowl. It was a quick in and out, so we did not get to partake in any gaming or dining, but we'll be back--with some extra time and cash budgeted for fun, alongside the comfort upstairs.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are flattered to hear your kind words. We are glad to hear you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Not kid or disabled friendly"
We stayed overnight on a 3 day journey with our 3 yr old and elderly disabled parents. The walking distance to the buffet was too much for my elderly parents and the steak house was too spendy. Pizza is the only room service offered. Ordered and received in a timely fashion but the dough was raw! The rooms, however, were very nice.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. We realize that since the new casino has opened, it makes the trek to the buffet less convenient. We appreciate your comments and hope that you will choose to visit us again.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Sheri
"I could live here"
Large room. Very comfortable beds , sheets , pillows. Nicely appointed. Bonus was a view out our window of the Ohio River. I could live here the pizza we ordered was delicious and hot
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thanks for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a nice stay and enjoyed the pizza!
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Good experience"
One night --hotel food pricy --but very good-- difficult parking except for valet--every thing very clean--overall good experience
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience overall and enjoyed dining with us! We appreciate your feedback!
1 night trip Jul 23, 2015
"Let down in Metropolis"
Price was great bed was terrible for a nice place like this I was utterly let down. I think the floor would have been better. Of all the aces we stayed for two weeks this had the worst bed with the nicest room. Buffet sucked don't waste your money.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
TIMOTHY
Great room, Great buffet. Missing coffee bar/pool/workout room.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Harris"
Room was very nice but carpet was terrible, was told at chech out that they were in the process of changing out all of the carpets.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback!
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
The hotel over charged me even though I had already paid. They followed up by taking a deposit out of my account and hung onto my money for days. This did not happen with the other hotel I booked in Macon. They proceeded to charge me for things I did not purchase. It was a terrible experience.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay at Harris in Metropolis, IL."
My Mom and I stayed at your hotel on our way to my Great Nephew's wedding in O'Fallon, IL.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property!
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Pamela
"Value!"
For us, this was an excellent option for an overnight stay on our way from Chicago to Florida (we stopped one more place further down on the way). Free parking & valet service, very nice people, clean, modern, roomy; but the best part is the value! Our room was on an upper floor facing the river & the view was interesting (with the river hitting unusually high levels). The bar & restaurant were good. Fun to walk around the casino (we don't gamble). The Superman statue, etc. were mildly interesting. The nearby fort and park was interesting. Overall, we recommend this hotel, particularly for the very low price we paid.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the area. We appreciate your recommendations!
1 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
W Fred
"Superman was watching the casino parking lot!"
It was a good stay for the most part with the exception of a pimp w/ his product and an undesirable on a skateboard in the parking lot looking at cars. Both were reported to security w/o resolution.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We take security at our property very seriously, and if a report was made, it was most certainly investigated. The parking lot, as well as the hotel and casino, are under 24 hour video surveillance. We thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay at our property.
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"nickel and dime"
low budget casino, makes you pay for everything. dead town area with no restaurants, shopping, etc.. would not stay here again. no pool or extra stuff.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. Please reach out to us and tell us more about the problems you experienced: methotelmgr@harrahs.com. Thank you.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Midweek Getaway"
Just an overnight stay to enjoy a good steak and gamble a little.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your steak and had fun playing in the casino. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
"Nice!"
Came in earlier than expected but 2bed room was available. Very nice accommodations. Bed was very high, hard for a short person to get into use the bench provided at the foot to get into bed but short for a 6 ft person.Mattress was soft and body conforming.. Coffee pot was missing a part so couldn't make coffee. Very nice room and fluffy towels. Friendly staff. Great rest!
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Jerry
"really"
when booked we were told they had a pool, arrived and the man behind the counter just laughed, saying they do that all the time. wifi did not work. atm charge 3 times average, total waste
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"Great view of river"
Would stay again sooner than later. Fun and very nicr
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a good time during your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Great Room and Fun Casino"
My room was great - large and very quiet. Casino was packed full of people but still fun. There is not much else to do around there, but it was a nice overnight stay.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Kris
"Smelly and Old"
The hotel staff were HORRIBLE. Had issues with the Internet in the room and they were not helpful at ALL with them. Was hoping the hotel was going to be "refreshed". It was dingy and worn out and even the non-smoking floor smelled horribly of smoke. We checked out early because of the smell.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the poor service you experienced during your stay. Your comments have been forwarded to hotel management for further review. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and do hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Dani
"A jewel on the Ohio"
The hotel staff was unbelievably attentive- the slightest look of bewilderment brings a staff member-be it guest services,a desk agent or even a guard- and they are friendly. I felt extremely safe at this property. The room showed signs of wear- carpet was shot. As a note, housekeeping won't touch your stuff-at all. If you need something extra, leave a note and a tip.
4 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"Casino hotel"
Located close to everything, casino just off the lobby. Room we stayed in really needed updated. Carpet was worn through in spots and wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. Room was clean and comfortable but showing its age.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Allison
Enjoyed room size and comfort of the accomadations. Would stay here again.
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and were comfortable during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Stayed one night on our way back to Minnesota. Pleasantly surprised. Only thing was the mattress was too soft and kind of lumpy. Would stay at your hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
Betty
This was an overnighter on our trip to Missouri. The buffet was not very good after eating at many buffets in casino's we thought it would have more variety and fresher selection. The hotel caters to the locals and is really not accustomed to out of town guests. Room was very clean and spacious. Ok for 1 night.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"Very nice."
This hotel was fantastic. The rooms were a nice size, very clean, the beds were soft and my son could pretty much swim in the bathtub. We thoroughly enjoyed and if we were to drive through again, we would definitely be staying here!
Response by Harrah's Metropolis
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed a comfortable room. We hope to be able to welcome you back on your next trip!
Other trip Jul 6, 2015