All hotels in Monterey, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2227 N Fremont Street, Monterey, CA, 93940, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.8
Not great but not bad at all. Very adequate - especially if you don't need to stay in the room for long periods of time. Beds were a bit soft for my taste and there was a large stain on the carpet at the entrance of the door. There was a larger than usual refrigerator and it was close to places to eat which was nice.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
dawn
"Abbotts at the Red Roof"
I was sorry to hear that Hotels.com did not tell them that I had a dog. Lucky for me the Manager moved some reservations around so we could stay there. They are in the process of upgrading rooms and we got one that was completed. That are small but OK for a night or two.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Abbott
"Not a pleasant stay:"
I got here and there room was a mess. First the floor/carpet was a completely soaked. Not sure if it was a leak or what. I tried calling the front desk and they said wait until the morning and it should dry. There was probably a leak or something because when I got up in the morning, more of the floor was wet. Drainage in the bathroom was not very good. Room layout is very strange where u can't even watch TV if you are working on the desk. There is no Nfl network or premium cable channels. Wouldn't stay here again . Overpriced compared to other options in the area.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"rudest staff I've ever encountered"
Clean room and a good location for getting around the area. The staff was unbelievably rude. This was a last minute booking late in the evening and I left early the next morning. I'm a business traveler and deal with many different chains on a regular basis. This was by far the absolute worst. Sadly, it was the only room available in the area so I was stuck with the choice. Would not recommend under any circumstances until they learn the meaning of respect and customer service.
1 night trip with friends Sep 20, 2013
I was expecting a decent hotel but this was below what I was expecting. First is the room design was very poor. It was nice they had a desk but It was in a separate room, which does not allow you to watch TV and work on the table at the same time. Next is my drainage in the shower was horrible. My water would constantly be backed up and would take complete your drain until I was out of there. Then the customer service at the front desk, was very poor. The person in charge on more than one occasion seemed angry that I booked online and not through the hotel directly by making comments and all. Don't think I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"Surley workers"
The blanket was stained. The room smelled. The bathroom was poorly cleaned. The guy who checked us in was very surley. I did not get my requested receipt. The office was closed until 7:30am. We had to leave at 6am to get to our boat trip. Only good thing was that it was only 10 minutes from the dock. The room was way overpriced. I will not stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Birdman
"Not perfect but not bad."
The room was very nice, spacious and very comfortable. Hot tub would have been nice but it was out of order :/ People were nice and welcoming. There was tevhnically a breakfast but there was probably 4 store baught danishes, some bread & jelly.. not the best but at leads there was SOMETHING. Another perk was thst it was in close walking range from Monterey Lanes bowling alley, CVS, and plenty of restaurants. Overall I would say it was very enjoyable but I was dissapointed with the hot tub and breakfast.
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2013
"We'd come back"
We were there for a wedding at 'Lover's Point' so we just needed a home base ... This motel was fine ... Parking is very tight, lots of people with dogs, and there was a Carnival Ferris Wheel across the street that stayed open pretty late. ... But for what we needed, it was fine.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Old Couple
WE had a good stay, it was all very satisfactory
4 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Wouldn't stay here again"
Parking was adquate and free. that's always nice. Older hotel. The room was clean, although the bedspread had a couple stains. Blankets were vellux, were worn and had holes. Only 2 pillows per bed and they were pretty flat. We had four adults in the room, but were only given 3 bath towels, 2 washcloths, 2 hand towels and 1 tiny shampoo each day. So, had to ask for more. Old toilet, stopped up easily. Called for plunger, she came to door, handed it to us, then made a hasty escape. No call to make sure things were okay.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Convenient, but a little run down."
Rooms were a little run down. No blankets or decent comforters provided. Asked for extra towels, which we never received. Towels were the roughest, scratchiest cloth imaginable. TV operation was very odd. On/Off switch added to bottom of TV, remote wouldn't turn it on or off. No smoking facility, with no outside designated smoking areas. Continental breakfast very limited, with awful coffee. Parking was very tight. Overall 2 Stars is being generous.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Dependable economy"
This hotel is recently upgraded in and out. Not fancy, but rooms are larger than nearby Super8. Staff is accommodating. With all of the upgrades, however, we were disappointed that we couldn't hook our own DVD player into the new flat screen TV, so we were stuck watching cable in the evenings.The area is very quiet, and close to the main drag to all of our destinations. You get what you pay for, but not less. We have stayed here 4 or 5 times.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
Lorraine
"Not a bad place to stay for a day or two"
I didnt mind staying here even though it was not on the beachfront, like I would have liked, but the price was affordable.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2013
"Sucks"
It was hot and air conditioner wasn't working I called front desk and it took about ten minutes before someone answered then I was told that maintenance on duty and just open the door
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
"Adequate hotel"
Hotel was fine considering we spent most of our time touring the area. Wouldn't want to spend lots of time there, but fine for our needs.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
Ellen
A clean, basic place to stay for one night. Restful bed, good TV, solid shower. No frills. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again in the future.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Nice hotel very peaceful and quite."
My experience was very nice. The location was excellent was close to a lot of fun activities to do with my family . Some places we visited was in walking distance.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Excelent"
First time here and everything was wonderful! Super quiet and good area.
Romance trip Jun 16, 2013
"Over priced for quality of stay and service."
Rooms are small and dark. Shower curtain was full of mold stains. Entrance light kept making a buzzing noice. The building to the far back which we stayed in had missing window frames on every window. Flat screen Tv picture was full of static. Complimentary breakfast was poor it consisted of corn flakes or fruit loops, milk, orange juice, coffee, Danish, low quality wheat bread and no fruits.
Other trip May 22, 2013
Remodeled the rooms but kept the same beds and pillows. Also kept the same old towels. If your looking for somewhere cheap, rooms are kept clean and ax worked well. The continental breakfast was very slim on selection as well. Not a bad experience, but room for improvement .
Trip with friends May 14, 2013
"Misled a little, but overall Happy"
I was happy with the bed and look of the room, but was told that all rooms came witha fireplace and a jacuzzi hot tub. That was the only thing that was disappointing. Our room did not come with either. Room was clean and comfortable, walls were a little weird, it was like tehre were two holes covered with a square peice of something, nothing major. location was convenient and it was easy to relax.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
"Good for a week-long business trip."
Although not fancy, the Red Roof Inn provided what I needed: a comfortable place to sleep at night between workdays. The breakfast was no good but the Wi-Fi was reliable and the in-room refrigerator was bigger than most. One of the things I liked most about staying at the Red Roof Inn was Mundos Cafe next door.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
bizwald
"Very good for the money!"
Excellent, considering the price, which was VERY reasonable. We had read about the flimsy walls from other readers, but it was absolutely no problem for us. We had our furry friend with us, which worked out well. The towels were on the flimsy side. We were surprised to find no chair for the desk, and when we asked about it the next morning, we were told they had to use it for a special meeting. We should have asked about it the night before! Although the motel was away from the center of town, it was not problematic because we did our sightseeing before checking in.
Other trip Apr 11, 2013
The hotel was ok, for the most part. It wasn't a bad location, just outside of Monterey. Although the hotel isn't exactly new, and some of that wear & tear is starting to show. The worst part of our experience was: dirty towels on the day of our check-in. We didn't notice it until the next morning when we were showering, but both towels had stains all over them. One was clearly makeup stains and on the other.... I don't want to speculate! It also had a wierd odor in the room the day that we checked in. Overall, I would not seek this place out again, unless if there were NO other options around.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"Ok for the price"
Location is within minutes of everything. Compared to other motels in the area, not bad for the rate we paid. However, 'renovation' is an exaggeration. Bed was very hard. Wifi reception was very very very spotty, could only stay online for minutes at a time and sometimes could not connect at all.
Other trip Mar 12, 2013
"Service!"
Neil in the office was accommodating and flexible. The room was quiet and clean, it fit our needs perfectly.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2013
"Good enogh"
The hotel was a little dated on the outside. The rooms were in good condition. They look like they've been remodeled recently. Free Wifi is good. Not close to the bay, but not far either.
Other trip Feb 23, 2013
Whatever they use for a water heater isn't working. The shower temperature kept fluctuating between scaldingly hot and freezing cold.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2013
"OK FOR PRICE"
BEDS WEREN'T THAT COMFORTABLE AND THE PEEP HOLE IN THE DOOR HAD A PAPER TOWEL IN THE HOLE. WON'T STAY HERE AGAIN
1 night trip Jan 19, 2013
"Worst Stay I've Ever Had Anywhere"
Monterey,CA - worst hotel experience of our lives. Wanted to let you know that on Christmas Eve, we tried to stay at your hotel, and upon arrival, even before being assigned a room, we noticed outrageously drunk/aggressive people in the parking lot and around one of the buildings at 11:30pm. We were, of course assigned the room next to them. We voiced concern, were assured it would be fine. Went to the room, voiced a request to change room, we were assured they would be handled and that even though there were other rooms they didn't want to change us because of the "cost difference". We made it clear they were loud and obscene and we didn't feel safe. 5 minutes later, without ever having made contact with the guests next door, one of them started trying to break in through the shared door. He tried to kick the door in and the full length mirror on our side of it crashed to the floor. (A shared door with only a push-button lock, no bolt) I had to walk across broken glass in my socks to get out of the bathroom and call 911. The manager on duty told us at that point, with glass everywhere, that he would find us another room. We left the hotel and stayed elsewhere and will never be back. Not because the room wasn't nice enough, but your people don't care enough to maintain the safety of their guests and that is inexcusable. The manager on duty should be fired for negligence and doing nothing to make the situation better in the way real customer service should.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Donovan
"Great for the Price"
This was a good choice for 5 days, as it was centrally located, clean, quiet and not expensive. I would choose it again. The beds were comfortable and the staff very pleasant.
Other trip Nov 23, 2012
Joan
"Gross"
This place is like an old apartment building that has been made into hotel room. Strange shapes rooms, which aren't all that bad. What is bad is pulling back the blanket to find a stain? Or something on the sheet. The manager tried to play it off like it was ours because he checked us in around 2 and we told them at 9 which was when we actually were going to bed. They did come change the sheets though (of course). Dripping rain gutter outside our room kept me awake all night with the loud drip drip drip on metal. Other than that it was fine...
Other trip Nov 21, 2012
"Website for this hotel is deceptive."
It advertised a spa tub. I tried to call the hotel but since it must have just become the "Red Roof Inn" it was not listed in the current phone book so I called Hotels.com. I asked for assurance that my room would have a spa tub. The Hotels.com gentleman said yes. He was reading the same thing that I was reading online, evidentally. I called to make sure because there was no refund since we booked that day. When we arrived there was a covered jacuzzi in the front of the property with no water in it. There was no spa tub in our room like promised!!! I think the webpage for this hotel should say "outside jacuzzi." It really needs to be reworded. I can't tell you how dissapointed we were. We live here and just wanted to have a spa in the room.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2012
Spa Lovers
"Yuck, dont waste your money!"
Do NOT be decieved by the pictures on there website! The place is run down and OLD!!! The rooms were on the gross side and the pictures make it look much nicer than it really is!! The staff was ok and the location was good, other than that, spend a few dollars more and get a nice hotel because this one is NOT!
Other trip Nov 13, 2012
Misz
"Simple motel at a good price"
Simple motel, well-run, with efficient check-in and check-out. The room wasn't in perfect shape, but it was appropriate for the cost, and everything worked.
Other trip Nov 6, 2012
"Any port in a storm."
Hotel was under renovation by a new owner. The renovations were being done on the cheap. This hotel in another city would not command the price point. If we had the choice we would have stayed elsewhere.
Other trip Oct 23, 2012
Rob
"A little bit of home, far away from home..."
We went to Monterey for a wedding the weekend of Sept. 28 - 30th. When we arrived, we were promply attended to. The area was neat and clean around the lobby area and outside parking area. Once we were in our room, which was a little hard to find because the buildings were not marked well enough to find our room easily, we were happy to see a flat screen tv along with a larger fridge. The whole room was very clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for the weekend. There was shopping very close by, which was good because we traveled with another couple, so we had no car and had to walk. Our stay was very comfortable and if we stay in Monterey again, we will be coming back to the Red Roof Inn!!! Thank you Red Roof Inn for your hospitality.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
"close to everything"
It wasn't bad for price. Freindly. Breakfast was ok. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2012
Roy
"Our stay"
The hotel website shows a hot tub. When we got there we found out it is not in service which was a disappointment. The room and building look aged with attempts at updating. My biggest concern was I put my toothbrush in a plastic bag. We left for the day asking the desk only for new towels and wash clothes, no room service otherwise. When we returned that evening, my toothbrush was out of the bag. Creepy and scary I'd say
Other trip Sep 10, 2012
"Horrible room, nice staff"
Unfortunately, we had to switch hotels in the middle of the night. Room smelled like paint, obviously due to the recent remodel. The reason we left was due to the bathrooms not being renovated like the rest of the room. Tub/Shower was dingy and the shower knobs were corroded. The tub was not draining and when I went to try and lift the plug it was disgustingly rusted. The bathroom walls had holes around the fixtures. Toilet clogged and was disgusting!!! Definitely not worth what I spent and had to choke up the loss but was SUPER satisfied with the hotel we were lucky to get at 1130 at night. Only positive about this place was the front desk lady. She was really nice and helpful with local info.
2 night family trip Aug 31, 2012
Ro
"nice hotel"
for the price it was worth it. it had all the addmendities we needed. quiet and peaceful
Other trip Aug 29, 2012
debra
"Clean Place. Breakfast had toast but no butter."
The place looked new and the bed sheets and down were brand new. Everything was brand new inside our room including the carpet. Walls were freshly painted. Breakfast was limited and had just bread (no butter) and cereal for kids. The pastry bin had old stuff.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2012
JS
"Good &getting better"
There were obviously improvements happening as we were there. More is still needed to really make it worth the price but don't let that stop you. The owners have only ben there a few months & they have upgraded furnushings equipment. The room but a were a little crowded however, the overall experience was good. The locale was just outside of the main crowded district, which was what I wanted. Easy access to highways & the helpful staff made this a good stay. The sauna/spa was closed which was a disappointment & should be taken off the descripton of the motel.
Other trip Aug 22, 2012
Byrd
"Good value but requires maintenance"
The plumbing is very old, we could hear noises all night long. Advertising they serve continental breakfast is a shame, it was THE worse breakfast I have seen in that category of hotels. The rooms were renovated recently.
2 night trip Aug 11, 2012
"Close to Chillis and Fisherman's Whorf"
The front desk was friendly and helpful. The parking lot was a bit noisy, so closing the window is a must. The room is comfortable and clean. We come here every year because it is a safe neighborhood.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2012
Yearly Vacation
"False Advertisement"
No hot tub or sauna, which is advertised on their official website, including photos. Dirty bathtub & bedspread had stains that looked like someone tried to blot them out with a rag instead of washing it---> gross! People in the room above us making noise all night & all morning = no sleep. It took about 30 mins of standing @ the front desk (next to one other party) before someone helped us check-in. I travel to Monterey often. This is our first & last time staying @ the Red Roof Inn. Not worth the $$.....camping would be better, however, the bed was somewhat comfortable. Just wish we could've had some peace & quiet. Exhausted the morning of check-out. I hope they sanitize the room above us like no ones business.....burn the bed & all.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2012
Travel Gal
"Not the place to stay in Monterey."
Our room was fine, but the grounds of the hotel made us feel like it had almost been abandoned. The jacuzzi was not working and looked like a junk yard, the accomodation buildings in the back looked like part of a slum. Worst of all, the "free breakfast" was a joke. Fruit loops and frosted flakes, one (total) old sticky danish, and plain white toast with jam and peanut butter. There was literally nothing edible. And the coffee was brown tinged water. Totally disappointing when traveling with a child. We booked this because it looked like good value for money, but it most definitely was not.
Other trip Aug 2, 2012
"Red Roof Inn & Suites, Freemont st in Monterey"
Pretty run down looking place for the money. Spa not working. No Gym facility.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2012
Ricky G
"spend the extra money and stay somewhere else"
1st They are remodeling the outside. The man on duty at the desk assured us that ALL of the rooms were completely new and remodeled on the inside. This was not the case, some of our room had been worked on, new carpet and paint, including a chemical smell in the room. but all of the finish work was not done. the microwave was on the floor and the room was dingy. 2nd the toilet was already clogged (with poop) from the previous guest. We went down to the desk and the man told us that everyone was gone for the day and offered us a plunger! When my husband asked for gloves too, he actually questioned us! IT WAS NOT OUR WASTE!!!! which leads to the question....was the bathroom even cleaned? wouldn't the housekeeping staff notice a clogged toilet? My husband was shocked that they actually asked us to plunge the toilet ourselves! We are not plumbers and we are on vacation! 3rd When leaving in the morning, we had chained the door overnight. I did not realize the chain was still on and opened the door......and the molding popped off the wall!!! it wasn't even nailed or secured properly! We could have overlooked the remodel issues if we had not had to plumb the toilet! It was my husbands birthday and there he was fixing a toilet that wasn't even ours!!! with a clog that wasn't ours either. we were very disappointed overall with our stay.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
never sorry red roof don't waste your time ,lots of hotels close
2 night trip Jul 11, 2012