All hotels in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Insurgentes 161, Col. E. Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, JAL, 48380, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Always My 1st Choice!"
This was my 5th time to stay at the Hotel Belmar. It is always my 1st choice when I travel to Puerto Vallarta. The hotel is immaculately clean, the staff is warm and welcoming. It is very conveniently located, just minutes from all my favorite restaurants, as well as the Malecon and Vallarta's beautiful new pier. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is on a very busy street so if you're a light sleeper I recommend that you request a room off the main street. They are always extremely accommodating whenever possible.
7 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2013
"A slice of charming, authentic Mexico"
A great place to return to after a long day at the beach. Doesn't have a pool or any of the other aspects of luxury hotels, but it is great for young people (or older folks, too!) who want to experience the true culture of the area. Little touches such as homemade cookies and familiar faces from day to day make it a comfortable home away from home. There is a lot of street noise all of the time, so if you are a light sleeper bring earplugs. The front door is open to the main road and buses go by constantly. They are LOUD, but if you are prepared for that you'll be just fine.
Other trip Feb 10, 2013
Renee
"Very Satisfied"
Friendly staff, clean rooms, it was loud facing the street, but I'm from a major city and that doesn't bother me. Water was hot in the shower. A safe was provided in the room, and in the hotel description it says you had to pay for the safe in the room, but actually it was a deposit and I received all the money back when I returned the safe key and checked out. I would definitely stay here again, when in Puerto Vallarta.
1 night trip with friends Feb 6, 2013
T
"Budget Friendly, Clean"
Wonderful experience @ Hotel Belmar - the hotel was a bit noisy, especially if the crowd got rowdy late into the evening and when coming back to their hotel. Excellent location next to Malecon and a few blocks from the beach. VERY clean room, bathroom. Would recommend this hotel for those that don't mind a bit of noise and don't stay in the room much.
4 night trip Jan 30, 2013
"yes"
Very friendly staff,clean rooms.awesome experience.
Other trip Feb 2, 2013
franco
Great location, and wonderful staff! Very clean, and all employee's were very personable! I was here for 7 days.....room cleaned daily....there was some noise from the street on the exterior rooms, but they had large balconies...and it became not an issue....one could walk to the beach..or to some great authentic Mexican food stands..!
Other trip Feb 1, 2013
"Bring your own shampoo"
Noisy hotel, old TV in the room doesn't work, bring your own shampoo, somehow rundown but made acceptable with paint, internet does not work in the rooms, pricy for what you get. Location was good and central, hot water worked ok, no bed bugs. Interior rooms are quiet but look like Prison cells. Exterior rooms have street noise and not good for resting.
Other trip Jan 30, 2013
david
"Economic Gem"
An amazing guest experience away from the "tourist" hotels on the beach! The staff and decor of this hotel are superb. This is a great economical spot in the heart of the Zona Romantica. It's only 3 streets over from the beach and located very near the major bus lines with easy access to the airport for about 50cents USD! The eateries and bars around this hotel are great and very inexpensive. If you are someone who needs an elevator this place is not for you. The beds are firm and the AC was off as it is January, but the ceiling fan and open window actually made the room cold. I would stay here again if I am in PV and want to get a great room at a very low rate.
Other trip Jan 15, 2013
NYCbrent
"Unique Hotel and Great Value"
I was really pleasantly surprised by Hotel Belmar. Clean, cute, charming, cheap and only a few blocks from the beach and the noise of the bigger tourist districts. The staff were nice, though I barely speak Spanish and they barely speak English so communication was a little tough. The air conditioning in the rooms seemed to be broken but the fans were actually cool enough. Wifi was strong and the showers were clean. I'd definitely stay again--though not if I had a lot of luggage. The stairs up to the rooms was quite a haul but the bonus of having a balcony for such a low price made up for it!
1 night trip Jan 12, 2013
"Great value for your money!"
My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Hotel Belmar Galeria. It isn't super fancy, but it is a very clean, cute and affordable hotel, with a great location in Puerto Vallarta...very close to the river-walk and to the ocean boardwalk. It was a nice home-base to explore the city.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
Dani
"Good place for short stay"
Service and staff were great. Location is great, near beach and bus stop for south bound busses. Internal rooms are quite noisy, but staff gave me an upgrade to much better room.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2012
"Inexpencive hotel for a couple on a budget"
Everything was wonderful. The bed was a box spring so it was a little hard, but it keeps the room bug free. Bring an extra pillow to put under your hip. The staff is friendly, but do not know English well. The soap smells really nice, but bring shampoo and conditioner if you want it. Sometimes the water takes a little bit to heat up.
Other trip Nov 30, 2012
enaid

"Nice, good and cheap"
It was a really nice experience, the service and hospitality was the best thing, excepting maybe a little bit from the reception guy at night, but I get it, it is difficult not to get bored at that time of the day. I may warn you, it wasn't a problem for me, since I'm very open minded and I was able to receive basic education, enough to tolerate and respect other people, so this is an open gay zone, but perhaps an accelerator of the economic zone. Dozens of nice apartments, restaurants and clean beaches where you can enjoy the magic view of the city and the sunset.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2015
MX
"Lovely hotel right in the heart of romantic zone"
We have stayed her 3 times now. LOCATION is wonderful. Hotel staff helpful and rooms simple but clean. If we want to come into town for a night out we stay here overnight, less expensive than a cab ride back to Bucerias.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Carolan
"Great hotel for the budget minded traveller"
Great hotel, simple, good location, great staff, clean, well decorated and all you really need.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Sean
We enjoyed a week at the Belmar. For a budget hotel, it is a great place to stay. This hotel is very very clean, well run with friendly helpful staff. We loved being the " Old Town" with cobbled streets etc.
Karen and Bruce
"OK HOTEL FOR INEXPENSIVE TRAVEL"
THE HOTEL VERY CLEAN, VERY PLEASANT, OLD BUILDING IN OLD NEIGHBORHOOD. ROOMS WITH IN SIDE BALCONIES HAVE NO OUTSIDE WINDOWS AND ARE NOISY... YOU HEAR EVERYTHING FROM THE LOBBY AND THEY HEAR YOU... AND OTHER IN SIDE BALCONIES SEE INTO YOUR ROOM, KEEP BALCONY DOOR OPENING COVERED... I BOOKED ROOM OUTSIDE BALCONY DID NOT GET IT... I BOOKED 9 NIGHTS AND FIRST NITE THEY OVERBOOKED AND I WAS SENT TO A BAD HOTEL.. SO FOR WHAT I PAID I GOT WHAT I EXPECTED.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Funky great location, super clean rooms"
Stayed at Hotel Belmar Galeria for one night while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta. The hotel is immaculate and very clean, with funky art everywhere. Our suite was small but we had a corner balcony (huge!) with views onto the street. Lots of noise during the day from the street but not bad at all at night. You may want to bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Safe drinking water was provided and there was a coffee bar in the lobby in the morning. A great 'base' to explore the beautiful Romantic and Centro zones of Puerto Vallarta. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
Maria
"Great staff, Clean, Lots of stairs, Very Noisey"
The hotel staff were friendly and attentive & hotel was clean. Now for the bad, beds very uncomfortable with lumpy pillows, it is was so noisy sleeping was not an option until 3am but noise started again at 7:00 am (noise from outside hotel, street racing, music etc) The other bad was no elevator, we we're on the fourth floor which was 9 flights of stairs anytime you wanted to go anywhere. We stayed only one night and moved to another hotel. If noise isn't an issue for you and endless stairs to your room are ok, then this would be a decent option for you and only a few blocks from the beach.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
Trevar
MX
"Great Location, clean, simple, noisy"
Stayed for 10 nights. Friendly staff. Clean little simple hotel in a really good location. Close to old town and the Malecon, 4 blocks to the beach. Whole bunch of great taco stands within 2 blocks radius. Did enjoy the balcony but the noise from the bus traffic was the biggest downside.
11 night trip Dec 18, 2014
"Staff excellent-Management not responsive."
Staff was excellent. Room as advertised should not be advertised in the brochure or trip deal. We had to upgrade because the room was not completely renovated and had no windows. Of course we had to pay extra. My wife had an alergic reaction to the perfumed toilet paper and asked for unscented. The staff were sympathetic but said to us that the manager would not provide unscented soap so for 24 days my wife had to buy her own unscented toilet paper because the manager obviously does not care about customer service. The hotel is located in a very busy Bus traffic area and prevents one from having an early bed time or late morning sleep.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Orest
"Great location, super staff"
I stayed here the first time December 20 for one night. Wonderful staff, clean room, great location. Have already booked another stay in March.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Carolan
"Nice hotel in a nice area."
Comfortable, clean with friendly staff in a nice area.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Awesome value!"
Great value on the room. Good location. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Really clean.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
"Clean, close to everything, in the romantic zone"
Everything was what I expected, I gave a 4 star because the price was great, the location was great, very clean.I see some people wrote it's noisy but wear earplugs and it's not.I would stay again.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Barbie
"The beds! They are bad`"
Possibly the worst beds I've slept on. I mean once I slept on a bed in Northern Somalia that must have been a plywood box with a 1/4" foam padding and fabric over top, but at least that was consistent. These beds had mattress springs digging into your ribs. The hotel should replace the old, hard mattresses because clearly they are worn out. On the last night of the stay, we slept on the opposite side of the bed which in theory could have less wear. It helped and for the first night I didn't wake up with a headache and backache. The pillows were bad too. Also, if you do stay at this place, be sure to get back before 1:00 am, otherwise you'll be scolded by the night staff for banging on the glass too loudly. The previous attempts at knocking lightly didn't work. I don't blame the staff though, that's a tough job to have to wake up to let someone in.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Ran
"Hotel Belmar"
There were renovations going on on some floors of the hotel. The room was very clean with Mexican style hard bed mattress. The corner room we stayed in had a large balcony with an ocean view. Wifi worked but we were unable to send iMessages. Free coffee in the lobby in the morning. Staff was helpful and friendly but one man at the reservation desk mentioned that I had paid for only 1 person when my reservation stated 2. We showed him and everything was fine. Good value BUT lots of traffic noise on our ocean view side of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 20, 2014
"enjoyed my stay"
the hotel was centrally located, i had an inside balcony, no air but was cool enough had a ceiling fan but if you left the balcony door open was very noisy until about 1;30-2:.am then was quite ,. the room was clean, the staff freindly, bed comfortable,the price was right i would stay again
7 night trip Nov 7, 2014
mike
"Basic Clean and Cheap"
My room was on the side-street, 4th floor and noise was not a problem.The rooms are basic but clean,and the staff friendly and helpful. I really enjoy the location it's out of the tourist scrum but only one block to Rio Cuale and the Island.The neighborhood is working-class interesting,welcoming and loaded with local eats at local prices from taco stands to inviting 6 table restaurants.There are plenty of stores so cold beer never far away and lots of services. I even had a pair of glasses made and was wearing them in less than 24hrs and they were made in Guadalajara! They work perfect,lenses & nice Italian frames were $198 USD. I was glad I lost my old pair.(see: "eye-metrics optica medica" at Francisco I. Madero No.396 a few streets South of hotel) WARNING: Do not get an interior room unless you are very desperate. I ended up in one thanks to booking issue and it was horrible - very hot & no ventilation. The "balcony" is on a verticle breezeway which runs from office to roof it's not much for breeze but it is a very efficient noise conduit.
6 night trip Jul 27, 2014
Ken G
MX
"A friendly place to stay"
Good service. Owner on site everyday. A well run hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Laurie
"Convient to Everything Downtown"
It was perfect for us, we stayed 2 weeks. Our room was clean but small and faced the lobby. This had the benefit of being quiet. Traffic on the cobblestone streets is noisy, so get an inside room if possible. You can walk everywhere easily. 200 pesos for a key deposit for the in room safe. Only soap given, so bring shampoo. Breakfast is coffee and cookies. There are very good restaurants within a 5 - 10min walk, La Luna, Café Naranjo, BravosPV, Co-Exist café (best Pizza), Breakfast : Freddy Tuscan & for a few more pesos Daquiri Dicks has a beautiful beach view and a great breakfast. Also a chicken place called Pollo Feliz very cheap & 1 block from the hotel. We would stay here again. No elevator. Very friendly front desk.
14 night romance trip Feb 19, 2014
Leni
"Cheap hotel on bus route"
This trip was from Jan 18 to Feb 13 so the weather was quite nice. Warm during the day but cool at night. The hotel is right on the bus route so if you're comfortable taking the local bus (not the newest vehicles in the world) then this hotel location is ideal. The bus costs $7.50 (that's pesos even though it's written like dollars) one way. There are a number of different routes but they all seem to stop on this block. The food is mexican food and american food. Nothing to see here. Tourist police are all over the place (white uniforms) and if you need some help, just ask. It's a tourist town so you are always going to be besieged by hucksters. Whether they're selling tours, merchandise or just trying to get you into the restaurant you're walking by, they are everywhere. I did not buy any of the wares so I can't tell you anything about the pricing.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Single guy
"in old town"
clean , small .Mexican style hotel in old town. Street and interior noise level made sleeping in a tough thing to do. Internet connection was very spotty and some nights was out completely. Room and hotel were clean
2 night trip Jan 13, 2014
bill
"Average to better"
Excellent staff is the best I have encountered. 4 blocks from the beach and everything is close by including restaurants and shopping. My only complaint was that the pillows I had were so lumpy, it made initial sleep uneasy, but once asleep, slept very well. Take a room on the back side and do not hear any road noise, like that of the front, where the buses pass every 1 minute.
3 night trip Jan 14, 2014
Martin
"Vallarta"
A good clean room for a very lowprice.
3 night business trip Apr 22, 2013
"Vallarta"
A good clean hotel for a very low price.
1 night business trip Apr 18, 2013
"Vallarta"
A good clean hotel at a very good price.
3 night business trip Apr 19, 2013
"Satisfied"
This is my second year at the Bel-mar and only stay a few nights. Location is excellent if you like staying in old PV. The staff speak english and are very polite and helpful. If you are looking for the ritz this is not for you. It is a great budget hotel and the location is perfect. There are no elavators so be prepared to use the stairs. There are four floors. Security is tops. Halls are video monitored and it is gated at night. Small community and guests are always willing to help each other. They know who is coming and going unlike a larger hotel with all the amenaties. . Taxis and buses are right outside. Make sure you have a map when you leave the hotel. This hotel does not provide ice. It would be nice if they had this service or a community fridge. . I like it and will return next year.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
Judith
The staff were amazing at this hotel. Very friendly, clean and quiet. Rooms are small, however, if you just want a nice clean place to lay your head at the end of the night, this is a great option.
8 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2013
"Small But Clean Rooms"
The rooms were very small but clean. There are no elevators so be prepared for a long climb up to your room. We had a room facing into the courtyard and it was very nice. Good location close to restaurants.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Dianne
"Great location in Romantic Zone"
I wonderful experience! Very friendly, helpful staff even if their english or your spanish are limited. Wi-Fi, bottled drinking water on each floor. Ceiling fan and A/C. No elevator so make sure you are able to navigate stairs with your luggage. Located in old Puerta Vallarta Romantica Zone, 4 blocks from the beach and Malecon board walk. City bus and taxi service right outside the hotel. Easy walking distance to shops and numerous restaurants. Street traffic and the occasional early morning rooster contribute to the atmosphere but remember you are staying in a city, not a secluded private beach resort. An excellent budget friendly choice for your stay in PV.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2013
"Great value, great location and wonderful staff."
My stay at the Belmar was for 3 weeks and the room was cleaned daily with fresh bedding and towels and always spotless. The bed was hard but typical of Mexico so don't expect more anywhere else. The staff was very friendly and hard working and kept the hotel very clean and tidy each day. The location was great for taxis, buses and a short walk to the Malecon. I was able to change rooms with no problem when the Wifi on my floor was poor and the lower floor was great for Wifi. There was a room safe, ceiling fan, air conditioning, balcony and lots of hot water, a nice shower and 3 ways to lock your door from the inside. The only downside was the noise from traffic and car alarms from the heavy traffic outside but by 11pm or so things were quiet enough for a good sleep once you get used to the beds. The pillows were nice and 2 to a bed. I felt very safe and content there and the price was right. Extended stays allow for a price reduction too which the staff offered without me having to ask. Overall I was very pleased. Always smiles from Cynthia and Ezmerelda at the front desk made it very pleasant.
Other trip Jan 31, 2013
"Funky hotel"
Right in the heart of PV. Great little hotel, but try to get a room away from the street. The traffic noise will keep you up all night long.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2012

"Muy limpió"
Esta muy limpió el hotel sólo la ubicación está muy retirado del centro y no cuenta con elevador
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Brenda
MX
Excelente ubicación. Hotel muy bonito, habitación un poco pequeña pero por lo demás, un lugar muy comodo.
1 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
CR
"Falta ascensor!"
Prepárense para subir muchas escaleras.
1 night trip May 30, 2015
"Economía garantizada"
Demasiado ruido q no permite el descanso, y sin elevador subir 77 escalones diarios hasta nuestra habitación, la atención del personal excelente, el precio. Demasiado accesible por lo q ofrece .
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Georgina
"bueno."
Excelene ubicacion y con una galeria muy bonita e interesante
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
"Excelente!!"
Fue todo muy lindo, la gente maravillosa y un hotel encantador, nos sentimos como en familia. Gracias a todos. Volveremos con la voluntad de Dios. Antonia león y José Cea.
4 night romance trip Apr 29, 2015
Maria Antonia
"Cerca de la playa"
Buen servicio de personal y limpieza de habitaciones, camas y almohada duras, a unas cuadras de la playa en zona céntrica donde hay mucho tránsito.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015