All hotels in Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
Sitka Drive Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury, England, SY2 6LG, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9222

"On an industrial estate."
Very poor beds, very hard and uncomfortable. Rest of room just average but wifi speed poor.
"Decent overnight stop"
Reasonable location on a business park near A5. Decent room though bed a bit hard. Breakfast respectable for a "free" one. Free wifi a bonus.
1 night trip Feb 6, 2015
"Shame About the Noisy Aircon/Heating"
Did not sleep a wink the first night due to noisy aircon conditioning and or water pipes. I should add that I had the aircon switched off in my room, it would go quiet for a few seconds and then start up again. The second night I actually left the aircon on and due to the noise being constant I managed some sleep.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
ourwood
"Overnight Business Stay"
Arrived on sunday night The man on reception was very friendly and helpful unfortunately the female reception and staff member in the morning were the opposite and particularly unfriendly Room was excellent , very clean Bar the miserable staff members in the morning , would stay there again
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Good location for my business meeting"
The room was okay, quiet with free web connection easily connected. The big disappointment was the quality of the evening dinner. I accept this was a H I Express but the food was poor standard and not cheap. Noticably the regulars were eating takeaways. The dining area was like a cafeteria. The cooked breakfast was sub standard too. The location was ideal for my meetings but I'll try somewhere in Shrewsbury to eat.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
biker
"Business week-end"
An unscheduled week-end away was made all the easier by the warm welcome and comfort of the hotel. Situated just outside Shrewsbury it was very peaceful and although we had a scheduled business meeting on the Saturday it is ideally placed to visit local attractions.
3 night business trip Jan 9, 2015
Stewart
"Christmas stay 2014"
Staff were excellant, very freindly, attentative and easily approachable. Room was very nice and spacious. Good selection of beer and wines and I did like the 24hour bar availibility 9even on Christams day).Food at night very limited although the pizza was very tasty. This was no real problem for us as we ate out at night most of the time. Breakfast, as per my previous review I cannot accept the explanasion as to why there is no BACON!!! Yes I understand there are budgets to be met, I understood the 3 hot foods policy that was explained to me. However, the cost differance between BACON,sausage, egg or beans is nothing. On another point,if you are going to provide herbal sausage (Linconshire I believe)then do not spoil it by deep frying, better grilled! Overall value for money is about right.
10 night romance trip Dec 17, 2014
peter
"A Shrewd Choice for Shrewsburying"
Very welcoming atmosphere and helpful staff. The hotel is well placed for driving to Iron Bridge and the site of the Roman city of Uiriconium. For the short distance to and from Shrewsbury we used the taxi ordered at reception, thus avoiding the hassle of parking. A generous breakfast to start the day and a relaxing bar for socialising in the evening.
3 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Over night stay"
Great experience. Staff very helpful. Allowed entry early into room so we could change for a wedding. Room good. Comfortable bed. Breakfast room and food great. Would definitely use again.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Super one night stay"
the hotel and staff were great and the buffet breakfast was superb. Definitely worth visiting again when we do another shopping trip.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"Great overall"
Great overall. Location is good proximity to the town centre. Staff were pleasant. Hotel cleanliness was what it should be; tidy and presentable. Breakfast was ok. Nothing special. That's why it was great overall and not excellent in my opinion. No complaints about price paid and would stay again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Good Choice"
very good price and no issues. good room and good breakfast. free parking
2 night business trip Nov 30, 2014
Ali
"A great budget hotel"
I just needed a bed for the night and, having stayed in HI Express hotels before, I knew what to expect and was not disappointed. Breakfast has a limited choice, but is adequate and well served. The staff were efficient and attentive.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
"Staff excellent but web page needs to give better"
Staff brilliant but did not realise lack of eating items which was very poor especially for a diabetic Staff were brilliant and toasted a slice of bread for me but would of been better if you were told they only did pizza and burgers
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Weekend break"
Clean, quiet hotel, check-in staff very efficient and friendly. Ample parking, large room, comfy bed.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Alison
"Hard to find!"
Impossible to find on an industrial/office area; signage was non-existent. Once found, the hotel was good value.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Autumn by the Severn"
excellent choice for a 1 night stay. Hotel is very modern, clean and quiet. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Standard Holiday Inn"
Nothing special, but located on a business park out of town so no options to eat elsewhere.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Enjoyable stay with a lovely breakfast."
Very pleasant stay. I do wish hotels wouldn't have the dirty towels and bedding piles in corridors when its check in times though.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"Overnight stop on the way to Wales"
Everything we needed in a hotel. The breakfast was very good. Great value for money.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Sue
"Really bad beds"
Overall ok. What you would expect. Breakfast good. We booked 3 nights. The wc did not flush properly and although we had booked a king. It was 2 beds pushed together. So i could not reach my bedside table. The duvet was for a king abd being two twins suck together was too small. We reported the wc in the morning and left for the day. On return was very late. The wc was not fixed. It was too late to move to another hotel so stayed another uncomfortable night. Worst bed i have ever slept on and rebooked new hotel for our last night. Hotels.com were very good in responce to my complaint so have conyinued to be a loyal customer
3 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
donna
"acerage room, get what you pay for"
Water didn't warm up in the shower so had to had it like warm.. Bed was very hard and the pillows were slightly on the soft side despite saying firm. Staff could have been friendlier but it was a cheap room so guess you can't expect too much
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Accommodation shocking"
staff were great, food was excellent but the accommodation left a lot to be desired. The carpets smelled of mould( damp Mould ) the hand towel in the room had stains on it. And the bed had a ridge in the middle of it as it was 2 single mattresses pushed together and was like sleeping on the floor ( I am a retired soldier so I know what the floor is like )
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Perfect for going to Shrewsbury fc stadium"
Stayed one night as going to football match. Just mile and half from stadium. Friendly staff and very comfortable room, good breakfast too. Only gripe was that post code did not take us straight to hotel, drove around estate twice before finding it. A sign at entrance to business park would be helpful
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Anne
"Very comfortable stay."
Very comfortable stay, staff very friendly and helpful.The complimentary breakfast was very good, and quite comprehensive.The only grumble we had was that we had `Mr @ Mrs Elephant` staying in the room above.....clomping around till 1.30am, and started again at 6.15am,which was a great shame because the king size bed was deliciously comfortable. The receptionist was extremely apologetic, but as we pointed out- it was`nt the hotel`s fault and it would`nt stop us from using the hotel again when on our next visit to Shewsbury. PS. The park and ride is only about 3 mins away so no problems with parking in Shrewsbury town centre.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
"quite and comfy"
When we got on the industrial estate we were completely lost our Tom Tom said we had arrived but we could not see any signs to guide us to the Hotel after a 5hour journey we were getting quite angry. When we found the Hotel we were more than impressed with the friendly staff comfy room and fantastic breakfast.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Roz
"Freindly service"
Very freindly staff. Good standard of hotel. Very comfortable. Not the ideal location (Business park) but it was OK for hat we wanted. Shame about the breakfast sausages, now I know what they do with the left over newspapers.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"What you'd expect"
Good usual Holiday Inn Express standards nothing to fault it other than a returne required on the bar TV.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Ok but could be better"
No biscuits in the room and no bacon at breakfast, its in the middle of no where, no pool or spa to compensate. I would stop in Shrewsbury next time for less money. It's ok nothing wrong with it apart from above which could easily be addressed. The room was great, very large and comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
waddilog
"nice surprise"
first time i have used a holiday inn, was pleasently surprised by everything , pleasent helpful staff, nice firm comfortable bed, i thought this is to good to be true, went for breakfast next morning, yet again i was welcomed by staff , the breakfast was great , especially the eggs,beans,sausage and toast , more please.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Very good hotel, friendly and helpful staff, good buffet breakfast (could do with bacon though), clean, spacious rooms and free wifi. Handy location for the Shrewsbury ring road.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Location easy to find."
Room nice, bright and fresh with comfortable bed and a choice of pillow types. Excellent parking right outside hotel entrance.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Ken
"Relaxing break"
The hotel itself was lovely and the staff very friendly. Loved the fact that we could take our dog there. Staff took on board my comments about having an elderly dog that would struggle with stairs - they gave us a ground floor, which was a great help. The size of our room was very generous and had all the required amenities. The menu at the bar is very limited and a little pricey. However, we had a lovely time and would definitely go back there again.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
wiwer
"good nights sleep"
New hotel ,well kept with frendly staff.Clean and good size rooms.Small car journey to town and great breakfast included in the price
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
rob
"Overnight stop"
Room good,shower excellent..coffee tea facilities minimal as can be the norm.Hotel stayed in following night had great welcome tray in room.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Billybub
"Decent place at a decent price!"
Can't complain about the staff or the room or the facilities BUT the breakfast was poor - terrible sausages, greasy pastries, toaster only toasting on one side, dreadful coffee. We'd stay again but wouldn't bother with the breakfast.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
J
"Clean, comfortable and good value for money"
Our usual choice hotel when visiting family in the Shrewsbury area. Good value for money for a short stay. Clean and light/airy rooms, comfortable beds, hot showers, wifi and reasonable breakfast included at a modest price. Not very picturesque (part of small business estate) but perfectly acceptable and convenient location.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Stephen
"One night stay after V Festival"
The best Holiday Inn Express I have stayed in with regards to rooms. Very spacious, modern and comfortable rooms with a great shower. The complimentary breakfast is a bonus! Would definitely return.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Basic, but modern."
Parking was secure and the hotel (at the weekend, at least) was peaceful. It's all basic, but modern and clean. The staff were pleasant and the breakfast was ok. Location is five minutes from Shrewsbury centre.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Stephen
"Short break in Shropshire"
Enjoyed our 3 nights at Holiday Inn Shrewsbury. Our room overlooked the well-lit, secure car park and had a fantastic view of The Wrekin and rural Shropshire. Hotel is not too far from the town's P & Ride.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Philip
"great stay.."
Huge rooms lots of space..... Well presented and nice breakfast..... Shame we only stayed one night....thanks H.I
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
stu and kim
"Shrewsbury Holiday Inn"
Not my first choice of location but worked OK for my trip and meeting up with family members .As budget hotel I could not really find fault . My biggest problem was the 13 mile detour owing to road works closing a roundabout that could be seen from the hotel car park as I arrived after 7.00 pm.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Graham B
It's a lovely hotel, Staff friendly and helpful.Food was good in the restaurant but way over priced really.But i had a great nights sleep .Thank you
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Margy
"Hotel"
The room was big and clean but the shower not very good had a luck warm shower we we're put in a room for a wheelchair person so the shower was at a angle and hand one to get the right temperature not very good for a disable person The bed gave me a bad back and I didn't sleep very well
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
lynn
"Hard to find but great service"
The receptionist was knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her town. The hotel was tricky to find as there are no signs for it from the main road or for the street it is in. Very comfortable, great breakfast and good access to the main road.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2014
Dawn
"Will use this hotel again"
Excellent location in a quiet spot but easy access to A5 and Park & Ride for central shopping and eating out
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Nice hotel a little bit out of town"
We only stayed one night but we're impressed with the friendliness of the stuff cleanliness of the room if you don't mind being out of town then I would recommend
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
royboy
"Wedding In Shrewsburry"
We stayed one Sunday night at this hotel as it is the closest hotel to the wedding venue. Being a Sunday and on a business park we found it very quiet. The staff were pleasant and the room clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Spot on"
Stayed a few times now, staff great, good rooms, showers are very good. Got some new staff and they fit in and as helpful as the longer serving staff. Very good break away from work
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
P Robinson
"friendliness and comfort"
Although the hotel is located on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, the taxi service recommended by the hotel is efficient and good value for those wishing to go into Shrewsbury. The staff are friendly and welcoming and always willing to help
2 night trip with friends May 19, 2014