All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here479-481 Yaowaraj Road, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"FABULOUS CHINATOWN!"
I've stayed here many times. The location is convenient to so many places of interest in addition to being a safe area for walking; also restaurants, shopping, and markets. Terrific Five Star staff! Great variety for breakfast. The Siam Swing Band is a fabulous bonus. (Have stayed several times this year alone.)
2 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2015
"I am definately staying here on my next Thai trip"
This hotel was excellent, but when taking cost into consideration, I felt like I was a criminal for getting such a steal. Be warned though, the beds in Thailand, and for that matter this hotel in particular, are FAR firmer than what Americans are used to. I happen to like a firm bed so I was just fine, but I can see how some nitpicky American would get upset by it. Hotel staff had an excellent command of English and was incredibly courteous and professional. The decor was nicely done and the chinese breakfast was delicious. Coffee was pretty good too. When I come back to Thailand, I am definitely staying here.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great Atmospheric Hotel"
Great hotel with the quirkiness of Chinatown all around. Fabulous area for evening outdoor stall dining. Only drawback is walk to boat or metro. Will need a tuk-tuk with kids.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
gregor
"nice"
it was nice the people were nice the problem is there are no windows in the room
2 night trip Feb 11, 2015
bouavnh
"great hotel in the heart of china town, a nice esc"
great hotel in the heart of china town, a nice escape from the city
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
"Best"
Exectly what we needed. Perfect location and amazing looking hotel
2 night family trip Jan 28, 2015
kfir
"Nice hotel in Chinatown"
Employees very nice cordial, helpful. The food in their Cotton restaurant is delicious, omg, great variety of food for breakfast, and great quality food in the red rose restaurant .Will stay there again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Cal
"Beautiful hotel if less "fun" than expected"
Great hotel with beautiful room. The shower and tub were amazing and by far the best in our 3 weeks of travel in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. We were disappointed with the restaurant and entertainment options, booked this hotel as we were looking forward to the jazz lounge (the Cotton - much reviewed and mentioned as awesome), turns out the Cotton is closed and the "jazz" was a lone guy singing Simon and Garfunkel covers in the restaurant (no club). A bit odd also was checkout, I twice asked the front desk what check out time was and was told 3pm, then when were called at 2pm asking if we were checking out (we said, "yes, at 3pm') - then when we did check out at 2:50pm were told that in fact it was 12:00. It was a down note on an otherwise great experience. The hotel itself is gorgeous and right on Yaowarat Road in the heart of China Town.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Sean
"First Time In Bangkok."
The hotel is on the main strip in China Town. This being our first trip to Bangkok, we were unsure of where to stay. The hotel itself is lovely with very colorful interior decorative pieces that were well done. The shower was nice and the mini fridge stocked with water and a couple snacks everyday was a good little bonus. The breakfast in the hotel was very good. They had a wide variety for western pallets as well as some Chinese/Thai options as well. Check-in was painless and our room was ready a couple hours early, which is always wonderful. The hotel neighborhood is vibrant. It smells really bad outside so if you are looking for a more upscale area this isn't for you. There's a lot of great street food around as well. It is a bit of a walk to the metro, but if hopping on a Tuk Tuk or in a cab is more your style, this will work fine for you. Close enough to get to the temples for 100baht.
4 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Carita
"Shanghai Mansion November 2014"
The hotel was very nice. Room was very small. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was very good. It was China town in a big city so a little seedy but felt safe.
7 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
"Wonderful peaceful respite"
Definitely appreciated the quietness of this hotel, & the décor. For some reason, the toiletries were not stocked the 2nd day - I asked at reception - but no one ever came. Taxi driver had trouble finding it from airport, and because we booked through Expedia, the airport shuttle was not offered.
Jeanne
"in Chinatown"
It was decent
4 night trip Sep 29, 2014
"it's okay"
for me it was ok not good or bad. do not book a private tour from this hotel because they are not really part of the hotel try to rip me off because I'm from America. getting a taxi to the airport was horrible.....like I said not good or bad
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
kaysone
"Shanghai Mansion - Bangkok (chinatown)"
This was overall an excellent stay. This part of the city has a special appeal and this hotel fits right in with that idea. The staff were always polite, helpful, and greeted me upon sight. I like to walk instead of taking taxis or tuk tuks and found it pretty easy to get from the MRT at Hua Lumphong to the hotel, and from the hotel to places like Wat Pho and some of the other sites in that area. I never actually ate in the hotel, as Chinatown has plenty of restaurants plus there is a coffee shop connected to the hotel were you can get your morning coffee and a quick breakfast if you choose. This hotel is a little narrow, and I managed to walk right past it on one occasion as there are so many cool things happening around you in Chinatown that I managed to miss it. The room itself was very nice so much so that I took pictures. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Michael G.
"No Internet, Zero phone reception did not work!"
I felt like I was cut off from the world here. When I called and told the girl the internet did not work, she just replied "thank you". If you do business and need a phone 3g and wifi this is not the hotel you should choose. Won't be back!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Great location at a great price"
We really enjoyed the hotel and the location. We booked our tours with an outside group so we didn't use much of that service. Room was clean but the doors to the hallway and connecting to other rooms are very thin and you can hear every step and every voice of those on the other side. We felt like we should to whisper. Breakfast was good but don't go during the first 1/2 hour as they won't be ready with much else than fruit and coffee.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Excellent hotel, clean, friendly, comfortable , good location
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Boutique Hotel at China town (Reasonable)"
- May need taxi to reach the hotel ...3min ? - No window at Superior: - Looks delux or suite would be preferred if king size bed is OK. having bath tab (open room though)..not so much different from superior ! - Was noisy by construction at last day time. - Too much mirror at bathe room (superior) - Floor is all non-decorative, very simple. But wall is OK
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
緑園
"Excellent!!"
This is my second time staying at this hotel. It's very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Perfect location as well. I love this hotel. I definitely recommend staying here.
2 night trip May 18, 2014
Nicole
"Beautiful Hotel , great location"
We enjoyed this hotel very nice staff, great location,great breakfast
Other trip May 19, 2014
Joanne
"Exotic Looking and Feeling Hotel"
This Hotel is in the heart of Chinatown Bangkok. An old building (18th century) that has been renovated in a very traditional opulent chinese style. Each floor is a rectangular area with rooms arranged around a court with a big fish pool. It is furnished with traditional high class antique chinese objects that give a truly nice feel. The robe in the room is made of fine silk, and feels unusually good on your skin. The staff is very helpful, but few speak english; and the ones that do, I frankly did not understand a word. Very few people speak English in Bangkok, particularly in Chinatown. The downsides were that the hotel smelled a bit musty, a smell that was infused with incense that did not quite cover it all. But perhaps, the biggest downside is that my room did not have a window. The building is so old I can understand the design being outdated, but I really dislike being in a room without a window no matter how nice the room is. That being said, I do recommend the Hotel. It is one of the more unusual places I have stayed in during my travels. Besides, the neighborhood is a must see especially at night. Some of the best street food stalls I have ever tasted are just a few steps away. I had lobster with noodles and a big glass of fresh pomegranate juice at a street stall for the equivalent of $8. ENJOY!
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Ahmed Bond
"We loved it here!"
Funky location (Chinatown right in midst of street stalls/restaurants. Really neat decor in the rooms. Attention to detail was amazing. Not sure if this is all the time ( we visited in low-season of April and some protests going on, but we never saw any), but the perks were numerous: great rate, mini bar items were free and replenished each day, welcome drink of tea and cold towel, afternoon tea complimentary with savory snacks/ tea/desserts. Staff were helpful with tourism questions, getting a taxi, printing/copying for small fee, and incredibly welcoming. I'd recommend this place highly based on the service alone, the cool rooms and comfort are a bonus.
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2014
"Beautiful interior; great location"
This place was cool. The interior is beautiful/romantic, as are the rooms. Breakfast is very good with a wide selection, staff is friendly, and wifi has a strong signal. Location is great in the heart of very colorful Chinatown. Subway is 10 minute walk in one direction; the river and water taxi stop 10 minutes the other direction. I did not give it a 5 because of the room: I caught 2 mosquitos in my room, I stepped on a cockroach (luckily had shoes on!), and it had no desk for a laptop & business type of work.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Joe G
"nice overall"
I've stayed here a few times. I love the rooms and the bed is so comfortable. The breakfast wasn't my favorite.
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
Sandy
"Perfect location"
The atmosphere is wonderful and unique. Every detail is attended to. Plenty of common areas for discussion and reading. I loved the second floor garden. The breakfast buffet is the best I have had in Asia.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2014
Sue
"Ahh service"
Felt that I was taken care of from the moment I arrived to the second I left. Staff very attentive, room super dark for sleeping, free mini bar, wonderful breakfast all in a neighborhood beckoning you out to explore Bangkok.
3 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
Sheila
"Nice Hotel in Busy Bangkok"
This Hotel exceeded our expectations. All the staff was very friendly and helpful for the duration of our stay. The free minibar was a nice surprise upon arrival and the breakfast was wonderful with exotic fruit of the day and a cooking station preparing our eggs any way we desired. The Jazz band was most probably the best traditional Jazz Band in the city of Bangkok and together with the Hotel's special decor it truly gave us the feel of being back in the 1930's.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"A slice of peace in busy Chinatown"
In a hectic side of Bangkok (Chinatown), the Shanghai Mansion is a nice oasis of peace. The Hotel has great facilities, a complimentary mini bar (which is a win), awesome showers and bath tubs in the rooms and a great restaurant. I highly recommend if you want to be in the Chinatown area.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2014
Jean
"Great Botique in good location"
Incredibly friendly staff, fantastic breakfast included. Perfect tourist location in Chinatown three boat stops from the palace. There was rennovation, but it didn't have any negative effect on us.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Tucked away behind a Coffee Bean & Tea, we barely found the entrance when we arrived. They were doing a lot of construction on the place while we were there (Dec. '13), especially in the lobby and the hotel restaurant (Cotton) was closed, which was disappointing. They served free breakfast in the ballroom, which was pretty good. The room itself was beautiful and very spacious. The sink was slow to drain and the grout in the shower was discolored, but for Bangkok, that's nothing. The windows in the room were opaque, because they looked out onto a dirty alley, but frankly, all streets in Bangkok are either very noisy, busy streets with tons of pollution or dirty little alleys, so you wouldn't want to look out or open a window anyway. All in all, it was a good place to stay and I would stay there again.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Mandy
"Stylish, Quiet Refuge in Chinatown"
We had a great stay at the Shanghai Mansion. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room had the hint of cigarette smoke in it, but we didn't complain. The bed was the largest one I've ever slept in. Complimentary minibar items (yes, complimentary!) Very stylish room. Hotel is undergoing a few renovations right now, so there's a bit of noise. The location is superb. We just kept walking around chinatown, amazed by the wealth of stuff and street food to try. Your mind will be blown. Stay here for sure!
2 night romance trip Dec 2, 2013
Ben H
"Nice hotel in Chinatown"
Great staff, excellent service. Rooms are very clean and they are decor very nicely withThai interior design feel. Our room was very nice on 3rd floor . Breakfast had good variety food. Close to great seafood restaurant . Very good value hotel for the price we payed.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
"Chinatown delight!"
Great hotel in Bangkok's Chinatown, and about a 5-10 minute walk from the Hua Lampong subway station. Easy to find, and our room was quiet despite the hotel being on the main drag. The hotel thoughtfully includes a guide to the street food in the area, which is top notch.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2013
Brittany
"Great hotel in Chinatown!!"
The staff was amazing. We arrived at the hotel around 3am due to a delayed flight. The staff was so nice from the moment we stepped out of the cab. The rooms were so adorable and the decorations were so unique. For the price of the stay, it was absolutely worth it. I will definitely be staying here again and I highly recommend it for your stay in Bangkok
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Alyssa
"Exceptional hotel in Bangkok Chinatown"
Shanghai Mansion is located at the epicenter of Bangkok's Chinatown about a 10 minute walk from the train station. The hotel sits amongst all the hustle and bustle of street food vendors and restaurant fronts in Chinatown, though is easily distinguishable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel maintained a clean, relaxing presence.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Didn't feel like they were looking out for us"
The hotel itself was fine. I didn't feel like they went above and beyond for us. The one thing that annoyed me the most is that the man who nags us to get a taxi/tuktuk hailed by him, he never negotiated a good price! It was always on the high side. The final straw was a bit late to complain, but the woman at the desk said the taxi ride to the airport would be NO MORE than 500 baht. I argued because our taxi ride in was 273 baht. She assured me it would be less. Then the man got a taxi and told him we would pay 500! When I insisted he use the meter, he got upset and talked to the concierge. They both tried to tell me that I wouldn't worry about paying more that 500 with highway fees. I stood my ground and ended up paying 350 total. Won't stay there again!
4 night romance trip Sep 24, 2013
"Loovvvvvve the decor"
I love this place! The hotel is beautifully decorated, mirrors strategically placed give an illusion and paper lanterns in various shapes are funky. This hotel has a modern edgy spin to it with a bird cage in the shower to give you the sense of connecting with nature. Further, there are mixes of textures of silk, leather and an industrial floor that is quite nice, dimmed lighting sets a relaxing mood, doors close by a wooden latch. There were complimentary snacks, the room was perfect except for the hard bed and various smells throughout the day, (they had oil scents in the main lobby, they may consider that within the rooms). Staff were super friendly and very helpful, except for one lady at the front desk I would give the staff a score of 4.75 if I could. Wifi is free. They also have excellent literature with maps leading back to the hotel and other tourist attractions. I would stay here again
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
CJ
"Exotic Incredible"
excellent ubication, the decoration is exotic chineese incredible and wonderfull
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Francisco
"Lovely place but uncomfortable w/ tour overcharge"
Hotel was good but overcharged for tour service and Airport transfer service. If you want reasonable price just go to Khao San Road.There are a lot of travel agency and the price is like even less than half of hotel's.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Brandon
"amazing place"
probably not being from Asia this hotel strike me even more. but i loved it. the style, the details, a pretty different option, friendly staff, extremely big room, amazing decoration that makes you feel in a different place and era. i really enjoyed my stay. only two things i didn't like: i didn't have opportunity to try the food (i wish i had), and i wish i had stayed longer than 2 nights. if i had to think about any watch out, the only one could be that it is not convenient if you come for shopping or to the nicest areas of the city. but i had a few days at siam square area a week earlier to compensate that, so this experience at chinatown and this hotel was a wonderful twist to end the vacation on a different note. how often do you find a hotel you, your wife and your teen son all love?
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Gustavo
"Budget Luxury Hotel with Character"
My wife and I had a great experience for our night at Shanghai mansion. The lobby was pretty minimal and unassuming (though I think they're working on renovating it), but once we got to our room we were delighted. The interior design was delightful: the lighting was very tasteful, the layout made the room feel more spacious, the decorations had good oriental character, and the large bathtub was one of the better ones we've used. Our room had a frosted window that we couldn't see out of, but the room felt spacious enough that It didn't bother us at all. Wifi was a bit slow (~0.4mbps down) in the room, but was better than nothing. We also had a little trouble with the login, but it worked eventually. Really this was our only complaint; everything else was exceptional.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Fantastic decor"
Beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. Even with a very late arrival, we were greeted with hot tea and cold towels. It was a great hotel for the price.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Enjoyed my stay"
The room and hotel are great. My only complaint was the door to the room has two windows next to it. These windows have very sheer shades that let a lot of light in from the common area. That was a little annoying when trying to sleep. The surrounding area is interesting but has no BTS or public transport. You'll need to taxi it to other parts of town. Breakfast was great. Overall value was great and I'd stay again if in Chinatown.
2 night business trip May 20, 2013
"Great boutique/themed hotel"
It was a very comfortable stay in a very nicely done boutique hotel with a great ambiance. If you like the markets in Chinatown, it is also a fantastic location.
1 night business trip May 12, 2013
"Best Value Hotel"
I've been staying in 5 stars hotel for my business traveling and decided to try out this boutique hotel for my own vacation. The check in process and friendliness of the staff was the best I've ever encountered. The interior decor and use of colors were tastefully done. My 5th floor room was super quiet in comparison to the hustle and bustle Chinatown. For the very reasonable price that I paid, I believe it's the best deal you can find around the Chinatown area in Bangkok.
Other trip May 13, 2013
Fred
"What a gem. Would rate service a 10 if I could."
Beautiful hotel, extraordinary service. I expected lots of noise because of the Chinatown location but my room was very quiet. Nicely appointed room. The bed was very firm, which I like (slept like a baby) but if you are used to falling into a pillow top it may be too firm. Some of Bangkok's best and most interesting food is within 5 blocks of the hotel. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2013
Greg
"Boutique hotel with character"
This was our third visit to the hotel on this trip, and we enjoyed the experience. There were a few annoyances, such as the difficulty of getting a taxi when we left the hotel and the fact that the staff wanted to charge us for making a phone call to get restaurant reservations. Overall, good value with excellent breakfast and attentive staff.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
"great stay"
Would have been five stars if the drinks at the hotel bar were not so weak! Other than thatbit was awesome. Good location, very helpful staff, and very clean.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Chinatown hotel"
Good, clean hotel located in the core of Chinatown. Amazing breakfast included.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
"Shanghai Mansion"
Shanghai Mansion offers a great value in the heart of China Town. It is truly beautiful and offers a a quiet oasis in the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Service is friendly and amenities are thoughtful.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2012