All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
479-481 Yaowaraj Road, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Bad pool
"Super cute hotel"
Super cute hotel in Chinatown for a good price
2 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2016
"Excellent stay"
The hotel facilities and services are outstanding!very clean, comfortable and beautiful. The staff is friendly and ready to help. It is a good location to get to all the spots by foot and boat.
2 night family trip Jan 5, 2016
Marianna
"Dream room at Shanghai mansion"
A wonderful one night stay in Chinatown in a beautiful hotell with friendly staff and close to the shopping area at Sampeng. Clean rooms with beautiful design.
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
Carin
"Ol' Shanghai"
Very Cool Hotel.! We were transported back in time to old Shanghai. The location was excellent for us. We wanted to be in Chinatown on this trip. We would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Bangkok Chinatown.
4 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
"Fabulous find in China Town"
We chose to stay in Chinatown because this hotel looked really nice and it indeed was phenomenal. The service was impeccable the staff were lovely and the morning buffet breakfast was unbelievable and included in the price of our lovely room fully equipped with everything we could ever need. I would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone traveling to Bangkok. It's a wonderful deal
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Todd
"One night in Bangkok"
We selected this hotel based on location, a breakfast was included, and it was within our price range. We were greeted by a very friendly woman with cool towels and a drink. The hotel was clean, classy, and on a popular street with lots of street stalls and vendors. Our room was tastefully decorated and comfortable. We took advantage of the reading areas on our hotel floor. We enjoyed the live music downstairs in the evening. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty. I would recommend this hotel to people!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Easy for taxi driver to find it. Just ask them to take you to China town. From air port take the train and go to the last station close to China town and from there get a taxi or tuk tuk to the hotel. They will charge you for girls.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Faribz
"Will not be back."
Booked 5 nights, but stayed 1. Room too small and uncomfortable, very noisy area and very smelly. Not our type of place.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Jo'
"Bangkok Hideout in Chinatown"
I thought the location in Chinatown was fun and convenient. It was a 10-15 min., pleasurable walk to the dock to catch the river boat into the major sights. The property has a great bar at the front, facing the street & a tourist ticket booker to help coordinate plans. The rooms were charming, but unfortunately there seemed to be an intermittent plumbing "issue" while we were there. A foul smell came & went via the air conditioning duct throughout our stay. Fortunately, we weren't in the room to smell it that often - LOL!
2 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2015
"Wow"
Beautiful hotel with amazing service!!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2015
Mr T
"Great Theme park experience but bad location"
- Hotel staffs speak the best English among all other budget hotels I have stayed in Bangkok. However the receptionist did not have as much smiles as what I had received from other hotels (still good). - Great old Shanghai theme, it really felt like a theme part. Must go to 2nd floor to take some photos. - Door for the rooms are traditional Chinese wooden doors so its definitely not air-tight nor sound proof. - Air-con on the hallway not strong enough. - Nice information booklet about the surroundings and elementary Thai language to be received during check-in. - Transportation is the biggest problem here. Chinatown has very bad traffics by cars, there is no BTS, MRT doesn't really go to most places that a regular tourist would go, and somehow taxi drivers tend to refuse going to Chinatown, especially during evenings. - I noticed that most travelers staying in this hotel are westerners compare to other hotels that have a lot more Asian travelers.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"Lovely boutique hotel"
In Chinatown within easy walking distance to Wat Traimit and several others. Great atmosphere with food and fruit markets everywhere.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Penelope
"Great hotel, but be proactive"
The hotel is nice. The location is in the heart of Chinatown Bangkok. However, they frige was not working. After submitting my request for repair, the refrigerator was not repaired. It isn't the case that I am trouble by a refrigerator that is no operational. It's that I did not receive a follow up by the repair man. Anyway, a great hotel with an average breakfast. They have a great location, if you want to live in Chinatown. The front desk security tried to strip 500 baht for a 300 baht taxi ride to the airport. The 300 is not inclusive of the 50 baht fare plus 75 for the highway tolls.
3 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Mason
"Not a 4 star hotel!!!!"
This was by far the most disappointing hotel we stayed in while in Thailand. We booked our room for 2 nights, but we ended up leaving after the fist day to switch to a different hotel, forgoing the money we paid for the second night. We always choose 4 and 5 star hotels because we want a certain comfort level, but this hotel does not reach those expectations. The beds are extremely hard! I'm not exaggerating when I say it felt much like we were sleeping on the floor. My husband is handicapped due to a back injury, so the beds were especially unbearable for him. When we let the desk know that we would be leaving because we were dissatisfied, they told us to request our refund through the place we purchased them from and that they could not give it to us directly. Unfortunately we were denied the refund we were promised. Honestly, this is not a 4 star hotel. Its star rating is misleading and I blame this website for its dishonest review of the hotel. I would not recommend staying at this hotel and I do not recommend booking through this website.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Samantha
"Pretty hotel"
Comfortable!
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"Second Visit"
We had to come back here while we were in Bangkok. Such a nice, clean and relaxing place in comparison to the raucous, gritty lifestyle that awaits you outside. We'll be back again, I'm sure!
Other trip May 28, 2015
Danny
"Beyond my expectation"
I love it from the entrance of the hotel to the warm reception and to our cozy room. We were welcome with hot tea and crispy fried spring roll. It was a nice gesture. The hotel interiors in the common areas are tastefully decorated, very artsy. Our room is very cozy, oriental style beds with very nice bedding. We loved the provided big soft white towels. Our stay was a little short because of other business commitments. I will definitely stay here again my next trip to BKK and so will my girlfriend who resides in Thailand up country.
1 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
rashimah
"Pleasantly surprised!"
Couldn't flaw our stay at the Shanghai Mansion. Friendly staff and gorgeous rooms with a bed that I had the best sleep in years on. All of this above the hustle-and-bustle of Bangkok's gritty street life. We'll be back, for certain!
Other trip May 1, 2015
Danny
"Don't judge a book by its cover"
I wanted to love this hotel. The decor was amazing but it just never went my way. First, upon check-in when I was given the welcome drink, there was lipstick on the glass so I chose to skip that experience. Then when we got up to our room, we noticed little flies all over the sink and shower (nothing like leaving with some suspect bites all over your body). Thirdly, why did I book a hotel smack dab in the middle of Chinatown? That was my mistake! I wanted to experience bangkok, not China. I was on vacation from working in China! It took about a 15 minute walk to clear Chinatown and see anything Thai. And finally, the food at the second floor restaurant was just bad. Small, expensive portions that were just not good. The chef specialty fish was so over cooked, it tasted like rubber. I'm just super bummed because the decor was literally to die for. Absolutely incredible. Just wish the rest of the experience could have had as much attention to detail.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"FABULOUS CHINATOWN!"
I've stayed here many times. The location is convenient to so many places of interest in addition to being a safe area for walking; also restaurants, shopping, and markets. Terrific Five Star staff! Great variety for breakfast. The Siam Swing Band is a fabulous bonus. (Have stayed several times this year alone.)
2 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2015
"amazing hotel in great location!"
Adorable hotel in the middle of Chinatown. Staff and location were both excellent. the decor and overal ambience set this hotel apart. Highly recommend!
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Kandice
"I am definately staying here on my next Thai trip"
This hotel was excellent, but when taking cost into consideration, I felt like I was a criminal for getting such a steal. Be warned though, the beds in Thailand, and for that matter this hotel in particular, are FAR firmer than what Americans are used to. I happen to like a firm bed so I was just fine, but I can see how some nitpicky American would get upset by it. Hotel staff had an excellent command of English and was incredibly courteous and professional. The decor was nicely done and the chinese breakfast was delicious. Coffee was pretty good too. When I come back to Thailand, I am definitely staying here.
2 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
"Great Atmospheric Hotel"
Great hotel with the quirkiness of Chinatown all around. Fabulous area for evening outdoor stall dining. Only drawback is walk to boat or metro. Will need a tuk-tuk with kids.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
gregor
"nice"
it was nice the people were nice the problem is there are no windows in the room
2 night trip Feb 11, 2015
bouavnh
"great hotel in the heart of china town, a nice esc"
great hotel in the heart of china town, a nice escape from the city
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
"Nice spot out of downtown"
Great hotel with clean rooms and friendly staff. The location is a bit outside of 'downtown' near the main temples, so it's a good bit of a walk (1.5km) or a taxi ride.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Lev
"Old world charm near all the downtown sites"
Able to walk out directly into the hustle and bustle Chinatown yet the hotel itself is serene and beautiful.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
A wonderful oasis in busy Chinatown
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Perfect site in Chinatown"
If you are interested in experiencing the sights, sounds and smells of Chinatown Shanghai Mansion is perfect. An oasis in the middle a very vibrant city location. You also have easy access to the palace, river and koh San road. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Breathtaking Chinese Mansion"
Shanghai Mansion is a beautiful boutique hotel in the middle of Chinatown. The rooms are spacious and carefully decorated.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Guillaume
"Best"
Exectly what we needed. Perfect location and amazing looking hotel
2 night family trip Jan 28, 2015
kfir
"Nice hotel in Chinatown"
Employees very nice cordial, helpful. The food in their Cotton restaurant is delicious, omg, great variety of food for breakfast, and great quality food in the red rose restaurant .Will stay there again.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Cal
"Beautiful hotel if less "fun" than expected"
Great hotel with beautiful room. The shower and tub were amazing and by far the best in our 3 weeks of travel in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia. We were disappointed with the restaurant and entertainment options, booked this hotel as we were looking forward to the jazz lounge (the Cotton - much reviewed and mentioned as awesome), turns out the Cotton is closed and the "jazz" was a lone guy singing Simon and Garfunkel covers in the restaurant (no club). A bit odd also was checkout, I twice asked the front desk what check out time was and was told 3pm, then when were called at 2pm asking if we were checking out (we said, "yes, at 3pm') - then when we did check out at 2:50pm were told that in fact it was 12:00. It was a down note on an otherwise great experience. The hotel itself is gorgeous and right on Yaowarat Road in the heart of China Town.
3 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Sean
"First Time In Bangkok."
The hotel is on the main strip in China Town. This being our first trip to Bangkok, we were unsure of where to stay. The hotel itself is lovely with very colorful interior decorative pieces that were well done. The shower was nice and the mini fridge stocked with water and a couple snacks everyday was a good little bonus. The breakfast in the hotel was very good. They had a wide variety for western pallets as well as some Chinese/Thai options as well. Check-in was painless and our room was ready a couple hours early, which is always wonderful. The hotel neighborhood is vibrant. It smells really bad outside so if you are looking for a more upscale area this isn't for you. There's a lot of great street food around as well. It is a bit of a walk to the metro, but if hopping on a Tuk Tuk or in a cab is more your style, this will work fine for you. Close enough to get to the temples for 100baht.
4 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Carita
"Shanghai Mansion November 2014"
The hotel was very nice. Room was very small. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was very good. It was China town in a big city so a little seedy but felt safe.
7 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
"Wonderful peaceful respite"
Definitely appreciated the quietness of this hotel, & the décor. For some reason, the toiletries were not stocked the 2nd day - I asked at reception - but no one ever came. Taxi driver had trouble finding it from airport, and because we booked through Expedia, the airport shuttle was not offered.
Jeanne
"in Chinatown"
It was decent
4 night trip Sep 29, 2014
"it's okay"
for me it was ok not good or bad. do not book a private tour from this hotel because they are not really part of the hotel try to rip me off because I'm from America. getting a taxi to the airport was horrible.....like I said not good or bad
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
kaysone
"Shanghai Mansion - Bangkok (chinatown)"
This was overall an excellent stay. This part of the city has a special appeal and this hotel fits right in with that idea. The staff were always polite, helpful, and greeted me upon sight. I like to walk instead of taking taxis or tuk tuks and found it pretty easy to get from the MRT at Hua Lumphong to the hotel, and from the hotel to places like Wat Pho and some of the other sites in that area. I never actually ate in the hotel, as Chinatown has plenty of restaurants plus there is a coffee shop connected to the hotel were you can get your morning coffee and a quick breakfast if you choose. This hotel is a little narrow, and I managed to walk right past it on one occasion as there are so many cool things happening around you in Chinatown that I managed to miss it. The room itself was very nice so much so that I took pictures. I would highly recommend this hotel to others.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Michael G.
"No Internet, Zero phone reception did not work!"
I felt like I was cut off from the world here. When I called and told the girl the internet did not work, she just replied "thank you". If you do business and need a phone 3g and wifi this is not the hotel you should choose. Won't be back!
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Revere
"Great location at a great price"
We really enjoyed the hotel and the location. We booked our tours with an outside group so we didn't use much of that service. Room was clean but the doors to the hallway and connecting to other rooms are very thin and you can hear every step and every voice of those on the other side. We felt like we should to whisper. Breakfast was good but don't go during the first 1/2 hour as they won't be ready with much else than fruit and coffee.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Excellent hotel, clean, friendly, comfortable , good location
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Boutique Hotel at China town (Reasonable)"
- May need taxi to reach the hotel ...3min ? - No window at Superior: - Looks delux or suite would be preferred if king size bed is OK. having bath tab (open room though)..not so much different from superior ! - Was noisy by construction at last day time. - Too much mirror at bathe room (superior) - Floor is all non-decorative, very simple. But wall is OK
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
緑園
"Excellent!!"
This is my second time staying at this hotel. It's very clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Perfect location as well. I love this hotel. I definitely recommend staying here.
2 night trip May 18, 2014
Nicole
"Beautiful Hotel , great location"
We enjoyed this hotel very nice staff, great location,great breakfast
Other trip May 19, 2014
Joanne
"Exotic Looking and Feeling Hotel"
This Hotel is in the heart of Chinatown Bangkok. An old building (18th century) that has been renovated in a very traditional opulent chinese style. Each floor is a rectangular area with rooms arranged around a court with a big fish pool. It is furnished with traditional high class antique chinese objects that give a truly nice feel. The robe in the room is made of fine silk, and feels unusually good on your skin. The staff is very helpful, but few speak english; and the ones that do, I frankly did not understand a word. Very few people speak English in Bangkok, particularly in Chinatown. The downsides were that the hotel smelled a bit musty, a smell that was infused with incense that did not quite cover it all. But perhaps, the biggest downside is that my room did not have a window. The building is so old I can understand the design being outdated, but I really dislike being in a room without a window no matter how nice the room is. That being said, I do recommend the Hotel. It is one of the more unusual places I have stayed in during my travels. Besides, the neighborhood is a must see especially at night. Some of the best street food stalls I have ever tasted are just a few steps away. I had lobster with noodles and a big glass of fresh pomegranate juice at a street stall for the equivalent of $8. ENJOY!
1 night trip May 1, 2014
Ahmed Bond
"We loved it here!"
Funky location (Chinatown right in midst of street stalls/restaurants. Really neat decor in the rooms. Attention to detail was amazing. Not sure if this is all the time ( we visited in low-season of April and some protests going on, but we never saw any), but the perks were numerous: great rate, mini bar items were free and replenished each day, welcome drink of tea and cold towel, afternoon tea complimentary with savory snacks/ tea/desserts. Staff were helpful with tourism questions, getting a taxi, printing/copying for small fee, and incredibly welcoming. I'd recommend this place highly based on the service alone, the cool rooms and comfort are a bonus.
2 night romance trip Mar 31, 2014
"Beautiful interior; great location"
This place was cool. The interior is beautiful/romantic, as are the rooms. Breakfast is very good with a wide selection, staff is friendly, and wifi has a strong signal. Location is great in the heart of very colorful Chinatown. Subway is 10 minute walk in one direction; the river and water taxi stop 10 minutes the other direction. I did not give it a 5 because of the room: I caught 2 mosquitos in my room, I stepped on a cockroach (luckily had shoes on!), and it had no desk for a laptop & business type of work.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Joe G
"nice overall"
I've stayed here a few times. I love the rooms and the bed is so comfortable. The breakfast wasn't my favorite.
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
Sandy
"Perfect location"
The atmosphere is wonderful and unique. Every detail is attended to. Plenty of common areas for discussion and reading. I loved the second floor garden. The breakfast buffet is the best I have had in Asia.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2014