All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here479-481 Yaowaraj Road, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Fantastic"
Fantastic hotel! When ur in the hustle and bustle of Chinatown Bangkok this is just what you need. The staff couldn't do enough do us. Assisting with where we wanted to go getting good rates for transport for us including tuk tuk's and taxis. My only critisum would be the breakfast as it had a bit too much Thai food for my taste but that's a personal thing. The rest of the breakfast selection was tasty. Overall this was amazing and recommed highly.
2 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Chantal
"Best Non Commercial Hotel in the World"
This is my 3rd stay at the Shanghai Mansion hotel and this has to be the best non commercial hotel in the world. We booked this stay to celebrate a friends 70th birthday and the staff could not of been better. The Red Rose restaurant is 5 star
2 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Steven Richard
"great hotel in China Town"
Very nice place to stay. Very Good rooms. Great breakfast and attentive staff.
5 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
Kathleen
"SUPERIOR CHINATOWN HOTEL!"
I've stayed here with - and referred friends and family here who were also happy to stay here. What says a great deal: I've stayed here more times than I can count over somewhere close to 10 years! Great rooms beautifully decorated in a traditional Chinese manner. Always a fabulous buffet breakfast gets us off to a great start touring without wasting time looking for morning restaurants. Being located in fabulous Chinatown is perfect for gold shops, street food, a wet market (live seafood), easy walking distance to Wat Traimit and River Express boats. STAFF ARE FABULOUS! I cannot praise them all enough. I'll be back again next month - twice!
3 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Never come back again..."
When I check out hotel time,the hotel receptionist asked me to take out the hotel slipper return back to them in very rudely.i told I don't need your slipper and I never take.after several minutes they want to charge me for the slipper. So I went back to the room and check, the 2 pairs slipper is in the room.Then they only said it "OK",and never apologized to me....I was stay in room 206. To the Shanghai Mansion hotel,this is the 2nd time I stay in,but I swear I never come back again,u make me shame at your hotel lobby like a thief...
2 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
thiam fui
"Shanghai Mansion"
Hotel in centre of bustling Chinatown and lots to see, easy to station for getting into city. Hotel room ok - could be improved with some easy changes. Breakfast choices varied and very good.Good value for what you get.
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Phillip
"Lovely"
This place is very nice! It's a little oasis in the desert of Bangkok. The staff and surrounding area were great. The room was great! I should have stayed more than one night. Definitely worth booking!
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Anthony
"excellent"
comfortable and surprised of complimentary drinks and snacks
1 night trip Jan 20, 2015
geok leng
SG
"doesn't deserve a 4 star very dark no natural lite"
No natural daylight very dark and dingy hotel room doors don't feel very secure and no windows for air defiantly doesn't deserve a 4 star
4 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Mazeer
"Gorgeous hotel in the heart of Chinatown"
Great. Amazing interior design, very clean, good varied breakfast.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Clem
"Perfect for Chinatown"
It whole hotel feels good, smells good, and the rooms are lovely. Lots of room and attention to detail. Everything I always want when I am looking for a hotel in BKK.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Nina
"A nightmare Xmas stay at Shanghai Mansion"
Shanghai Mansion is definitely a 2-star property with 1-star quality and service (definitely not a 4-star) with many in-room inserts, room furnitures and fixtures are in ageing stage (in 'sorry' working conditions), with requests not delivered, internet were hardly working. Most importantly, wedding ceremonies were held at the courtyard where all the Suites are located without any in-room sound proof insulator. We were completely disturbed from 0530am from the noise generated by the MC (with mic speaker) and the wedding guests. I have expected a Suites with quality and privacy but it turned to be a nightmare...
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
YY
SG
"close to the main road"
having renovation during midnight. and is open air bathroom
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
dawson
SG
"Nice hotel in the heart of China Town"
Arrived hotel in the evening and checked in without any problem. However taxi driver do not know about this hotel so he has to start from the beginning of the China town road. I pointed it out to him when I saw the word "Shanghai Mansion" on the right, just directly opposite China Town hotel. Starbuck is in the hotel and also near the famous T&K seafood. Had dinner there because food was served fast and price reasonable. China town is still the same as before from my previous trips several years back so nothing special to share, just the usual gold shops, shark fin soup, birds nest etc We wen to visit Wat Po which is very near. We took the tuk-tuk there and return. One thing for sure, the price of tuk-tuk has increased tremendously and taxi refuse to run on meter. They all charge exorbitant price even for a short distance to anywhere, Example from Wat Po to BTS Hua Lamphung station, Tuk-tuk want to charge 500Baht, crazy!
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
SG
"Great find in China town"
Hotel staff are very attentive and thoughtful. We were greeted with a drink and seating as they placed all our baggage in our rooms. Beautiful decor and a great price! Hard to beat this value for sure.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
Reuben
"Fantastic!!!!!"
Centrally located at China Town . Night time cant sleep No worry bcoz All the food stall is next to hotel. Early morning can walking experience the tradisional morning market ! No matter day time or night time here totally a food haven.
1 night romance trip Dec 2, 2014
YAP
"A Boutique hotel indeed"
It is a small cosy hotel, friendly staff. We got a room without windows. Hence, we have no indication of daylight or nightfall at all. Constantly, having to look at the watch. However, the buffet b/fast, with a eggs station and freshly grind fruit juices make up for above room deficiencies. The fridge offer free beverage and snacks. The room without any window is a turnoff for us.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
SG
"Stylish and well located"
It has a really interesting Chinese style and the staff are extremely polite and helpful. It's well located with lots of street stalls, and I had no problems finding fresh tropical fruit in the mornings.
"Great hotel for central China Town, easy to get to"
Stayed here for 8 nights, MR Is was great, spoke good English and was very helpful in local knowledge and helped us get around. The tour guide in the lobby was a bit to pushy for our liking and didnt quite understand no. Great little bar out the front of the hotel with warm friendly staff. Would stay here again. Everyone one said 8 days to long but there is alot to see, maybe 6 is ideal
Katrina
"Good but too much noise"
Shanghai Mansion boutique hotel is well located, next to the MRT and 10 min by taxi from main tourists places. Besides, Chinese district is lively. Rooms are good but there is no natural light. Breakfast is really good and fresh We were bad luck when the hotel organize a Chinese celebration at 4am the Sunday morning. We were not alerted about that ceremony and it was such noisy that we couldn't sleep well. That's why I'm disappointing and that's the only reason. Be sure that the hotel do not organize any thing, then you can enjoy that amazing place. William
SG
"Very good hotel in Chinatown"
Very good value hotel in a great location with really nice decor and chic lobby.
3 night family trip Nov 9, 2014
Xhesuina
"Not my type of hotel"
The hotel was unique in a way that I, myself didn't like the ambience as it felt eerie to me. For those who likes retro, u might enjoy this hotel. stay in the standard room with hard bed, and the door doesn't seems safe enough.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
"Trully recommended"
A very nice boutique hotel!Its location very convenient for MRT and close to many attractions although the neighborhood a bit dirty. But it's the authentique Bangkok taste from the other hand, so we did not bother about the neighborhood. Very friendly staff. They upgraded our room, so we stayed in a biger one!Great experience
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2014
Vagia
"Beloow expectations"
Stayed at the shanghai mansion for four nights. the room was very dark, no windows, very damp and there were small ant like insects crawling all over the counters, walls and sink. location was great right inside chinatown, but that likely the only positive.
4 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2014
"The Free Mini Bar Free Mini bar"
We chose this hotel because itwas close to the railroad station for an early morning start. The imposing photo in the foyer immediately grabbed our attention when enteering the hotel. This impression was continued with the funky Chinese decoration of the premises. Probably what impressed us most was the free mini bar.- admittedly only two beers and small packets of crisps. This was a first. We enjoyed being in the middle of the only complete China town in Asia. Although check intime was 2.00pm we were able to able to enter our room at 11.00 after a 6.00 arrival. Staff were consistently friendly wilh a good standard of spoken English. On our departure at 5.15am we were given a boxed breakfast.which we appreciated.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"The Perfect Spot"
A wonderful place. Calm serene and comfortable with very friendly staff. Outside is the glorious hustle, bustle and great food of Chinatown, the local train station is only a 7 minute Toot Toot ride away and so exploring the rest of Bangkok is so easy. Only slight downside is that each day, housekeeping forgot something. One day it was soap, the next towels BUT it was easy to forgive by the prompt and friendly reaction to our phone call. We will stay there again and I would recommend if to anyone
3 night trip Oct 7, 2014
Guy
"really nice"
really lovely and welcoming, they gave me a hot cloth and nice refreshing tea when I arrived! The room was lovely and clean, I had a huge bed and a huge bath and it was nice to have the slippers and dressing gown!
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
molly
"Charming Hotel in the heart of Chinatown Bangkok"
From the time the doorman takes your bags from the footpath to the reception area, it already feels like home. I found all staff members to be friendly, helpful and happy all the time. The hotel is in the middle of Chinatown but it is quiet, secure and very safe. I loved the exotic décor and the whole place has a really nice vibe and atmosphere. The hotel is clean, well maintained and I loved my stay there. Have stayed at this hotel 3 times, will recommend it to all my friends and will definitely stay here again. Love, love, love this place.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Renate
"I'm 'lovin' it"
Really enjoyed this place. The staff are awesome and the hotel was very peaceful. I wanted to chill for a bit so having a fridge full of complimentary drinks and snacks as well as a TV that showed great movies all day was really nice. Outside they had a food festival on so I could get great food at cheap prices on my doorstep. I scooted off to the Islands with just a small rucksack and left my bag in storage for free. Apparently you pay 100Baht a day for this at the airport. I guess I'd describe myself as a Champagne Backpacker so this hotel is perfect for travellers who aren't on a tight budget. Very good value for money and lovely vibe.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
FreeRangeJames
"Beautiful Unique Hotel"
Great hotel! Shame we only had 2 nights there! Will definitely return next time in Bangkok!
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Nice hotel in heart of China town"
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. There was a free shuttle to Grand Palace which was nice and you could take the boat back and walk to the hotel. The rooms do not have any windows so it is great for one or 2 nights but I couldn't stand it longer than that.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Tish
"Chinatown Hotel"
Stylish Hotel with excellent food & helpful staff, situated in the heart of Chinatown.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Very handy to Chinatown, BMT shopping mall, etc."
Staff were very helpful and the hotel was very handy to attractions. Good street food was very close by. Breakfast was OK but we have had a lot better in other similarly priced hotels. The room we had did not have a proper window that looked outside so the room was dark even during the day. A lighter room would have improved our experience. Asked for one but none were available.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Fantastic Stay in Chinatown Area"
A great gastronomic experience close proximity to the hotel. Full of local flavours. Fantastic lights and sounds
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Ponyi & Ponyo
SG
"Only 10 mins walk to Ploen Chit BTS!"
Was on a solo trip for 2 nights (8-9 Aug 2014). Stayed here given the super good reviews. Room is of a great, comfy size and everything's clean. Hotel is located in the alley of Soi 2, just a straight walk down to the main road followed by a left turn to Ploen Chit BTS. Perhaps 10 mins walk? Hotel provides buggy service to the main road. Breakfast choice pretty limited but I guess you pay for the convenience instead of having to trudge around for a cafe early in the morning. A few cool eateries nearby like Cafe Bicycle and Witch's Oyster Bar & Restaurant.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Great location for China town. Service at the hotel was fantastic. Butler Es was very helpful. Wasn't quite worth the rate, but more than happy.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Forevakiwi
"Character hotel in the heart of Chinatown"
Arrived very late (and very tired) to a beautiful hotel decorated in 1930s style. Staff very polite and helpful. Our room was clean, hot shower, thick white towels and tea. Good WiFi. In bustling area close to temples, free shuttle to shopping and Royal Palace. About 45 mins from airport.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Tish
"A very good over-all experience"
Right from the welcome drink to arranging the taxi for our journey away from the hotel, every thing was very good and well-organised. The staff were very ready to help for whatever we asked them. The best part was that they offered to keep our baggage safely for free for 2 days even after our check-out from the hotel. But somehow, all the taxi/toktok drivers found it difficult to find the hotel even after we tried to communicate it very clearly.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
Sundar
IN
"Great hotel, hate the location."
Staff and hotel was excellent. Hotel location however, was pretty bad. Located in the heart of Chinatown, which seem to be a chaotic mess of people and traffic. Hotel is about a 15 min walk from the nearest Metro station. Other than that your only way of getting around is walking in the chaos or taking a taxi or tuk tuk to and from the hotel in heavy traffic.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"What a good find!"
This hotel is located in Chinatown area of bangkok within easy reach of subway however we walked to grand palace (about 3km) and there is a pier that the tourist boat stops at close by too! The staff in the hotel were extremely helpful and made you feel very much at home, they gave recommendations of street food vendors to try which is a must in Chinatown! The hotel is beautifully decorated, spacious and clean. Great buffet breakfast. They even provided a complimentary Chinese afternoon tea one of the days we stayed- really nice touch. Would thoroughly recommend staying here!
2 night trip with friends May 6, 2014
"The decor made us feel like we were in 1930s-40s S"
What a great place for a romantic weekend getaway. The jazz down in the lobby was the perfect compliment to the Shanghai decor.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great boutique hotel, good location"
Comfortable place. Elegantly decorated. Very helpful staff as well. Location is good and it's one of the best street food locations at night. However it is a bit far from any BTS stations.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
karuna62
SG
"Excellent hotel located in Chinatown."
Excellent location. In the heart of Chinatown. The room was very comfortable and had nice décor.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
Travelswitheva
"Shanghai Mansion Hotel"
Stayed 2 nights Feb 2&3,2014 at end of G Adventure tour of Cambodia and Laos. Was start of Chinese New Year and hotel is located in heart of Chinatown district. Street was all decorated and had a nice holiday atmosphere. At that time protests were happening in Bangkok but this area was very quiet and felt very safe. All in all a very enjoyable stay .Had to catch a very early morning flight and the hotel arranged the taxi and made sure I woke up in time at 3:30 am to get to the airport in plenty of time.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
bob
"Beautiful!"
Gorgeous building and decor, fantastic service. Very quiet, good nights sleep.
1 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"Really tranquil"
Wonderful place to get back to after the sheer business of Chinatown. Amazing breakfast and great staff.
Other trip Jan 29, 2014
"Aesthetically beautiful in the heart of china town"
Great place to stay, I would highly recommend to stay. Only negative points would be the beds are rock hard and the hotel staff got us a tut tut for 200 baht however when we were coming back to the hotel from the same location it costs us only 80 baht!
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Jayjayf
"Superior staff!"
Aside from the nearby Wat Traimit, wet market, gold shops etc. the Shanghai Mansion staff are all genuinely helpful and want your stay to be superior. They have always succeeded which is why I've stayed there 5 times!
7 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2013
"Middle of China Town and Close to River"
Currently being refurbished but we were not disturbed, although restaurant for dinner was closed. Excellent breakfast, clean room, helpful staff. Just be careful asking the hotel staff to get you a taxi. We ended up travellling to the nearby station in a tuktuk with two big suitcases. Good location for river tours, metro and main train station as well as China Town.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Kitty
"In the heart of Chinatown"
We had just completed a long tour of SE Asia and did not want to stay extra nights in the hotel used by the tour company. We found this delightful option on line. The reviews and the price were exactly what we wanted.
Other trip Dec 12, 2013