All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
479-481 Yaowaraj Road, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Room is all right
    Bad pool
"Ahh service"
Felt that I was taken care of from the moment I arrived to the second I left. Staff very attentive, room super dark for sleeping, free mini bar, wonderful breakfast all in a neighborhood beckoning you out to explore Bangkok.
3 night family trip Jan 24, 2014
Sheila
"Nice Hotel in Busy Bangkok"
This Hotel exceeded our expectations. All the staff was very friendly and helpful for the duration of our stay. The free minibar was a nice surprise upon arrival and the breakfast was wonderful with exotic fruit of the day and a cooking station preparing our eggs any way we desired. The Jazz band was most probably the best traditional Jazz Band in the city of Bangkok and together with the Hotel's special decor it truly gave us the feel of being back in the 1930's.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"A slice of peace in busy Chinatown"
In a hectic side of Bangkok (Chinatown), the Shanghai Mansion is a nice oasis of peace. The Hotel has great facilities, a complimentary mini bar (which is a win), awesome showers and bath tubs in the rooms and a great restaurant. I highly recommend if you want to be in the Chinatown area.
2 night romance trip Jan 2, 2014
Jean
"Great Botique in good location"
Incredibly friendly staff, fantastic breakfast included. Perfect tourist location in Chinatown three boat stops from the palace. There was rennovation, but it didn't have any negative effect on us.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Tucked away behind a Coffee Bean & Tea, we barely found the entrance when we arrived. They were doing a lot of construction on the place while we were there (Dec. '13), especially in the lobby and the hotel restaurant (Cotton) was closed, which was disappointing. They served free breakfast in the ballroom, which was pretty good. The room itself was beautiful and very spacious. The sink was slow to drain and the grout in the shower was discolored, but for Bangkok, that's nothing. The windows in the room were opaque, because they looked out onto a dirty alley, but frankly, all streets in Bangkok are either very noisy, busy streets with tons of pollution or dirty little alleys, so you wouldn't want to look out or open a window anyway. All in all, it was a good place to stay and I would stay there again.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Mandy
"Stylish, Quiet Refuge in Chinatown"
We had a great stay at the Shanghai Mansion. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room had the hint of cigarette smoke in it, but we didn't complain. The bed was the largest one I've ever slept in. Complimentary minibar items (yes, complimentary!) Very stylish room. Hotel is undergoing a few renovations right now, so there's a bit of noise. The location is superb. We just kept walking around chinatown, amazed by the wealth of stuff and street food to try. Your mind will be blown. Stay here for sure!
2 night romance trip Dec 2, 2013
Ben H
"Nice hotel in Chinatown"
Great staff, excellent service. Rooms are very clean and they are decor very nicely withThai interior design feel. Our room was very nice on 3rd floor . Breakfast had good variety food. Close to great seafood restaurant . Very good value hotel for the price we payed.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
"Chinatown delight!"
Great hotel in Bangkok's Chinatown, and about a 5-10 minute walk from the Hua Lampong subway station. Easy to find, and our room was quiet despite the hotel being on the main drag. The hotel thoughtfully includes a guide to the street food in the area, which is top notch.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2013
Brittany
"Great hotel in Chinatown!!"
The staff was amazing. We arrived at the hotel around 3am due to a delayed flight. The staff was so nice from the moment we stepped out of the cab. The rooms were so adorable and the decorations were so unique. For the price of the stay, it was absolutely worth it. I will definitely be staying here again and I highly recommend it for your stay in Bangkok
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Alyssa
"Exceptional hotel in Bangkok Chinatown"
Shanghai Mansion is located at the epicenter of Bangkok's Chinatown about a 10 minute walk from the train station. The hotel sits amongst all the hustle and bustle of street food vendors and restaurant fronts in Chinatown, though is easily distinguishable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the hotel maintained a clean, relaxing presence.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Didn't feel like they were looking out for us"
The hotel itself was fine. I didn't feel like they went above and beyond for us. The one thing that annoyed me the most is that the man who nags us to get a taxi/tuktuk hailed by him, he never negotiated a good price! It was always on the high side. The final straw was a bit late to complain, but the woman at the desk said the taxi ride to the airport would be NO MORE than 500 baht. I argued because our taxi ride in was 273 baht. She assured me it would be less. Then the man got a taxi and told him we would pay 500! When I insisted he use the meter, he got upset and talked to the concierge. They both tried to tell me that I wouldn't worry about paying more that 500 with highway fees. I stood my ground and ended up paying 350 total. Won't stay there again!
4 night romance trip Sep 24, 2013
Excellent hotel choice - in the heart of Chinatown. About a 10-minute walk from the train/subway station, which you will want to take into consideration depending on your trip itinerary. If you are planning to travelling to places via taxi/tuktuk, then it won't really matter, but if you are a big transit fiend who doesn't like walking (sort of counter-intuitive there), then you may be disappointed. We stayed there and also managed to use the MRT without any problems.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Loovvvvvve the decor"
I love this place! The hotel is beautifully decorated, mirrors strategically placed give an illusion and paper lanterns in various shapes are funky. This hotel has a modern edgy spin to it with a bird cage in the shower to give you the sense of connecting with nature. Further, there are mixes of textures of silk, leather and an industrial floor that is quite nice, dimmed lighting sets a relaxing mood, doors close by a wooden latch. There were complimentary snacks, the room was perfect except for the hard bed and various smells throughout the day, (they had oil scents in the main lobby, they may consider that within the rooms). Staff were super friendly and very helpful, except for one lady at the front desk I would give the staff a score of 4.75 if I could. Wifi is free. They also have excellent literature with maps leading back to the hotel and other tourist attractions. I would stay here again
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
CJ
"Exotic Incredible"
excellent ubication, the decoration is exotic chineese incredible and wonderfull
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Francisco
"Lovely place but uncomfortable w/ tour overcharge"
Hotel was good but overcharged for tour service and Airport transfer service. If you want reasonable price just go to Khao San Road.There are a lot of travel agency and the price is like even less than half of hotel's.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Brandon
"amazing place"
probably not being from Asia this hotel strike me even more. but i loved it. the style, the details, a pretty different option, friendly staff, extremely big room, amazing decoration that makes you feel in a different place and era. i really enjoyed my stay. only two things i didn't like: i didn't have opportunity to try the food (i wish i had), and i wish i had stayed longer than 2 nights. if i had to think about any watch out, the only one could be that it is not convenient if you come for shopping or to the nicest areas of the city. but i had a few days at siam square area a week earlier to compensate that, so this experience at chinatown and this hotel was a wonderful twist to end the vacation on a different note. how often do you find a hotel you, your wife and your teen son all love?
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Gustavo
"Budget Luxury Hotel with Character"
My wife and I had a great experience for our night at Shanghai mansion. The lobby was pretty minimal and unassuming (though I think they're working on renovating it), but once we got to our room we were delighted. The interior design was delightful: the lighting was very tasteful, the layout made the room feel more spacious, the decorations had good oriental character, and the large bathtub was one of the better ones we've used. Our room had a frosted window that we couldn't see out of, but the room felt spacious enough that It didn't bother us at all. Wifi was a bit slow (~0.4mbps down) in the room, but was better than nothing. We also had a little trouble with the login, but it worked eventually. Really this was our only complaint; everything else was exceptional.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Fantastic decor"
Beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. Even with a very late arrival, we were greeted with hot tea and cold towels. It was a great hotel for the price.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Enjoyed my stay"
The room and hotel are great. My only complaint was the door to the room has two windows next to it. These windows have very sheer shades that let a lot of light in from the common area. That was a little annoying when trying to sleep. The surrounding area is interesting but has no BTS or public transport. You'll need to taxi it to other parts of town. Breakfast was great. Overall value was great and I'd stay again if in Chinatown.
2 night business trip May 20, 2013
"Great boutique/themed hotel"
It was a very comfortable stay in a very nicely done boutique hotel with a great ambiance. If you like the markets in Chinatown, it is also a fantastic location.
1 night business trip May 12, 2013
"Best Value Hotel"
I've been staying in 5 stars hotel for my business traveling and decided to try out this boutique hotel for my own vacation. The check in process and friendliness of the staff was the best I've ever encountered. The interior decor and use of colors were tastefully done. My 5th floor room was super quiet in comparison to the hustle and bustle Chinatown. For the very reasonable price that I paid, I believe it's the best deal you can find around the Chinatown area in Bangkok.
Other trip May 13, 2013
Fred
"What a gem. Would rate service a 10 if I could."
Beautiful hotel, extraordinary service. I expected lots of noise because of the Chinatown location but my room was very quiet. Nicely appointed room. The bed was very firm, which I like (slept like a baby) but if you are used to falling into a pillow top it may be too firm. Some of Bangkok's best and most interesting food is within 5 blocks of the hotel. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2013
Greg

"Relax"
Love China town..relaxing quiet room.. Need fan or windows
3 night romance trip Jan 19, 2016
milton
Nicely decorated and spacious room. Also has a nice little bar at the front to chill out and listen to live music. Would stay again.
2 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
Chee
This place was just so great, and Chinatown has a great vibe! Steer clear of Khao San Rd and stay here! Helpful staff, great value, and the place is beautiful!
2 night romance trip Jan 12, 2016
Emily
"Two Nights in Bangkok"
Wo day getaway. Very friendly and hospitable staf.
2 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
erik johan
Great location if you like the hustle and bustle and the great food in Chinatown. Traffic is crazy however and the taxi driver took a wrong turn and dropped us about 400 m from the hotel as he did not want to turn round in the traffic jam. The locals were however helpful and friendly and willingly showed us the way. Service was excellent, warm and friendly. Lighting in the room was however rather dim and the light controls were not at the bedside. Toilet plumbing was not the best and there was an unpleasant odour in the bathroom. If they can resove the odour problem and improve the lighting I would go back for a return stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
lianee
SG
"Nice but not convenient"
Really nice hotel, friendly staff, only problem I would consider on another visit to Bangkok is the distance from a skytrain station, the Shanghai is no positioned for easy access we therefore seemed to hang around the Chinatown area
5 night romance trip Dec 7, 2015
Lindsey
"Great experience"
We had a great experience at Shanghai Mansion, we didn't have much time to explore the local area but it seemed like a place you could eat good food and see local Chinatown. The bed was quite hard but other than that everything was thought of, even the silk robe and slippers. Would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Nov 26, 2015
Dorothy
"Lovely hotel, not the best location."
Nice place with great staff and excellent breakfast buffet. The location isn't great as there isn't many bars within walking distance. Also, the room we had was centrally located in the building so didn't have any natural light causing us to oversleep on out last day. The decker in the bedroom though is excellent.
2 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Samuel
"Great hotel with character"
My wife and I stayed for 3 nights and moved to different hotel(pricier) to experience different part of Bangkok. The moment we stepped into the new hotel we immediately regretted leaving Shanghai Mansion. It's an absolutely beautiful hotel with great staff and we'll definitely stay here when we return to Bangkok.
3 night romance trip Oct 8, 2015
Jong Seol
"Enchanting decor, uncomfortable mattress."
We decided to book Shanghai Mansion for our entire trip (6D5N) in favour of the convenience and its location but regretted it in the end.Staying in the heart of Chinatown was exciting and convenient (in terms of getting food and shopping), however, was marred by the transportation issues (cabs wouldn't want to go to the area and would charge us more or drop us at dingy streets to find our way back) It is rather stressful as the entire street is so busy that cab/ tuk tuk drivers get impatient in the human and traffic jam. Our stay in the hotel itself was disappointing, due to the most important factor - the bed, and the core of it, the mattress, is extremely uncomfortable. We were left with restless sleep due to the hard springs on our backs and joints, and was left rather sore and tired. The lobby was under renovation, strong smell of turpentine and also some renovation works in the day can be heard through the walls/ceilings. One big PLUS is that the air conditioning is GREAT for the hot and humid Bangkok weather. It was a relief that the aircon worked very well. There is also a bar fridge filled with complimentary drinks and snacks. Having taken a chance after reading reviews about the bed, we didn't think it would be this bad but it was. Wouldn't stay here again only because we need a good sleep and the mattress really is quite uncomfortable. Other than that, it is a lovely hotel with impeccable decor.
5 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Evie
SG
room was small and not so well lit ,no complimentary coffee available only tea. if you want period 1930 china style it is great but i found it hard to find anything other than china town street food nearby and even with a map you get lost in china town because there are so many little alleys with no english names. there is a starbucks a little bit away and a 7-11 too.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2015
Jeremy
"Stylish hotel in chinatown."
Great location in Chinatown. Quirky and stylish rooms and foyer. Comfortable bed and lovely bathroom with bathtub. No street view but nice and quiet.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
Stacey
Deluxe room is great (;. If transport is provided by the hour to train station will be fantastic (;.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"fantastic"
We love this Hotel it is a real Gem!the location in china town couldn't be better! top spots feet away from the front door. the afternoon sitting on the terrace is a nice place to put your feet up after wondering the streets.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
Alison
comfortable. convenient. friendly Service
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
kin fat
SG
"the location of the hotel is ideal."
P trap to drain leaked from the first day and got worst at night and leaked on our bag and clothes. Most of the flashlights don't work because batteries were corroded. I changed room twice because of the leak. The maintenance personnel came at 3:30 am and said he could not fix it and I was switched to another room to sleep till noon and return key to front desk for my replacement room.
3 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2015
"For the win!"
Our stay was amazing! Our room was upgraded to deluxe. The receptionist (ms. Dao) was very accomodating. It was a perfect stay. This hotel is best for travelling to bangkok for the first timer Nearby restaurants are available. It is located in chinatown. Tourist spots are few minutes away. Very nice place.
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
paula marie
PH
"Good for couple stay, value for money"
A good feel of old shanghai. Service is very good, the environment setup is very nice too, so as the band at the bar. Killed a mosquito in the toilet on the first day after bitten by it but seen no more for the other nights. Quality of the bed can be improved. Else overall, it's fantastic. You can find nice food just besides the hotel in late night. Will go back again someday.
4 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Hwee Lay
"GREAT HOTEL"
The room was very special and unique however, i find the lighting abit too dim. Overall, the ambriance is very nice. Me and my husband love it.
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Chu Ki
SG
"Nice hotel in Chinatown"
If you don't mind staying in China town, this hotel is very nice and clean. It offers large rooms, nice decoration, nice bar/café, and spa. It is 10 min walking distance to the metro station. Not close to BTS (sky train) Plenty of Chinese restaurants nearby. Has nice, friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Its a budget hotel located in China town"
Hotel staff are not very cooperative. Rooms are quite small. Hotel staff didnt respond to complaints of slow and no internet saying "internet shop is closed". Hotel staff also tend to overcharge for taxi bookings etc.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Full of character"
The Shanghai Mansion is clearly trying to set itself apart from other hotels in its look. The design is modern and unique and the rooms have clearly been designed to give them a modern Chinese look. Curious colour scheme, huge bathtub, non-standard furniture. Even the corridors have a very unique look, what look like bird cages hanging down from the ceiling. Possibly one could say that the hotel is all style and no substance, but the bed is comfortable and it was all the creature comforts one would expect. It is in the heart of Chinatown. Step outside, turn right and you will be in the thick of it; street food stalls, restaurants, places selling shark fin soup and all sorts. Be warned taxi drivers seems to struggle to find it and its on a one way street, so you may have to head back on foot. My only criticism, as such, is that the toilet and shower cubicles in the room have frosted glass doors that don't shut tightly. If you treasure your privacy in these moments, or if its young love and somethings are best unseen and unheard, tread carefully.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Perfect for exploring Bangkok"
great hotel, nicely located within walking distance of the golden buhda and lot's of amazing street food on the doorstep. lovely welcome and the butler service is one to especially recommend. Spacious room, great bath and the daily refill of the mini bar was very much appreciated.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Marc
"Best hotel in China Town"
We just love this hotel.....it is a very nice place to stay in Bangkok.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Marcel
"Our stay at the hotel"
We stayed here for 2 nights - Great decor with a great homely feeling. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was great and very clean! The only downside was the walls were very thin and could here everything happening next door plus there was building work being done during our stay which slightly spoilt it. But overall I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Robbie
"Oasis in Chinatown"
We stayed at the hotel with our 1 year old, who was very welcome. We enjoyed the very personal atmosphere and the interesting interior. As all rooms were not booked, we were upgraded to a better room which we really appreciated. The neighbourhood is lovely and with many sights a walk away.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Lykke Holm
"friendly staff; but a little too dimly lit"
Located in the heart of Chinatown (also known as Yaowaraj), we can't ask for more in terms of convenience. food places are within a stone's throw. immersed in the amazing culture. the midnight market is definitely a place to hunt for bargains. important point: no nearby BTS. nearest MRT is 10 min walk away, at hua lamphong. the room: deco: nicely done, to fit the theme. lighting: a tad dark. to the extent it was a bit eerie. bedding and pillows: comfy. showers: nice deco. hot water available. mini bar: complimentary, nice touch!
2 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
KC Kevin
"Superb!"
Everything about this hotel was beautiful, the bedroom, the bathroom, lobby and hallways, the lanterns hanging from the atrium. Very good wifi, tv, aircon, toiletries, a kettle in the room and all the home comforts you could possibly need. And a nice bar with live jazz at the entrance. All right in the centre of lively Chinatown. One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in.
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015