All hotels in Bangkok, Thailand
479-481 Yaowaraj Road, Samphanthawong, Bangkok, Bangkok, 10100, Thailand, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Loovvvvvve the decor"
I love this place! The hotel is beautifully decorated, mirrors strategically placed give an illusion and paper lanterns in various shapes are funky. This hotel has a modern edgy spin to it with a bird cage in the shower to give you the sense of connecting with nature. Further, there are mixes of textures of silk, leather and an industrial floor that is quite nice, dimmed lighting sets a relaxing mood, doors close by a wooden latch. There were complimentary snacks, the room was perfect except for the hard bed and various smells throughout the day, (they had oil scents in the main lobby, they may consider that within the rooms). Staff were super friendly and very helpful, except for one lady at the front desk I would give the staff a score of 4.75 if I could. Wifi is free. They also have excellent literature with maps leading back to the hotel and other tourist attractions. I would stay here again
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
CJ
"Exotic Incredible"
excellent ubication, the decoration is exotic chineese incredible and wonderfull
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Francisco
"Lovely place but uncomfortable w/ tour overcharge"
Hotel was good but overcharged for tour service and Airport transfer service. If you want reasonable price just go to Khao San Road.There are a lot of travel agency and the price is like even less than half of hotel's.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Brandon
"amazing place"
probably not being from Asia this hotel strike me even more. but i loved it. the style, the details, a pretty different option, friendly staff, extremely big room, amazing decoration that makes you feel in a different place and era. i really enjoyed my stay. only two things i didn't like: i didn't have opportunity to try the food (i wish i had), and i wish i had stayed longer than 2 nights. if i had to think about any watch out, the only one could be that it is not convenient if you come for shopping or to the nicest areas of the city. but i had a few days at siam square area a week earlier to compensate that, so this experience at chinatown and this hotel was a wonderful twist to end the vacation on a different note. how often do you find a hotel you, your wife and your teen son all love?
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2013
Gustavo
"Budget Luxury Hotel with Character"
My wife and I had a great experience for our night at Shanghai mansion. The lobby was pretty minimal and unassuming (though I think they're working on renovating it), but once we got to our room we were delighted. The interior design was delightful: the lighting was very tasteful, the layout made the room feel more spacious, the decorations had good oriental character, and the large bathtub was one of the better ones we've used. Our room had a frosted window that we couldn't see out of, but the room felt spacious enough that It didn't bother us at all. Wifi was a bit slow (~0.4mbps down) in the room, but was better than nothing. We also had a little trouble with the login, but it worked eventually. Really this was our only complaint; everything else was exceptional.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
"Fantastic decor"
Beautifully decorated, clean and comfortable. Even with a very late arrival, we were greeted with hot tea and cold towels. It was a great hotel for the price.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Enjoyed my stay"
The room and hotel are great. My only complaint was the door to the room has two windows next to it. These windows have very sheer shades that let a lot of light in from the common area. That was a little annoying when trying to sleep. The surrounding area is interesting but has no BTS or public transport. You'll need to taxi it to other parts of town. Breakfast was great. Overall value was great and I'd stay again if in Chinatown.
2 night business trip May 20, 2013
"Great boutique/themed hotel"
It was a very comfortable stay in a very nicely done boutique hotel with a great ambiance. If you like the markets in Chinatown, it is also a fantastic location.
1 night business trip May 12, 2013
"Best Value Hotel"
I've been staying in 5 stars hotel for my business traveling and decided to try out this boutique hotel for my own vacation. The check in process and friendliness of the staff was the best I've ever encountered. The interior decor and use of colors were tastefully done. My 5th floor room was super quiet in comparison to the hustle and bustle Chinatown. For the very reasonable price that I paid, I believe it's the best deal you can find around the Chinatown area in Bangkok.
Other trip May 13, 2013
Fred
"What a gem. Would rate service a 10 if I could."
Beautiful hotel, extraordinary service. I expected lots of noise because of the Chinatown location but my room was very quiet. Nicely appointed room. The bed was very firm, which I like (slept like a baby) but if you are used to falling into a pillow top it may be too firm. Some of Bangkok's best and most interesting food is within 5 blocks of the hotel. Will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2013
Greg
"Boutique hotel with character"
This was our third visit to the hotel on this trip, and we enjoyed the experience. There were a few annoyances, such as the difficulty of getting a taxi when we left the hotel and the fact that the staff wanted to charge us for making a phone call to get restaurant reservations. Overall, good value with excellent breakfast and attentive staff.
Other trip Jan 3, 2013
I would like to say that everyone at the Shanghai Mansion Boutique Hotel was astoundingly wonderful.. from the chefs, to the receptionist staff, to the gentleman taking care of the clientele at the entrance, the general managers, the restaurant.. I ought to know since I stayed there for 2 1/2 weeks.. Whenever I return to Bangkok, I shall stay there for sure.. it was a true home away from home!
Other trip Dec 8, 2012
"great stay"
Would have been five stars if the drinks at the hotel bar were not so weak! Other than thatbit was awesome. Good location, very helpful staff, and very clean.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012

"Perfect for exploring Bangkok"
great hotel, nicely located within walking distance of the golden buhda and lot's of amazing street food on the doorstep. lovely welcome and the butler service is one to especially recommend. Spacious room, great bath and the daily refill of the mini bar was very much appreciated.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2015
Marc
"Best hotel in China Town"
We just love this hotel.....it is a very nice place to stay in Bangkok.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Marcel
"Our stay at the hotel"
We stayed here for 2 nights - Great decor with a great homely feeling. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was great and very clean! The only downside was the walls were very thin and could here everything happening next door plus there was building work being done during our stay which slightly spoilt it. But overall I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
Robbie
"Oasis in Chinatown"
We stayed at the hotel with our 1 year old, who was very welcome. We enjoyed the very personal atmosphere and the interesting interior. As all rooms were not booked, we were upgraded to a better room which we really appreciated. The neighbourhood is lovely and with many sights a walk away.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Lykke Holm
"friendly staff; but a little too dimly lit"
Located in the heart of Chinatown (also known as Yaowaraj), we can't ask for more in terms of convenience. food places are within a stone's throw. immersed in the amazing culture. the midnight market is definitely a place to hunt for bargains. important point: no nearby BTS. nearest MRT is 10 min walk away, at hua lamphong. the room: deco: nicely done, to fit the theme. lighting: a tad dark. to the extent it was a bit eerie. bedding and pillows: comfy. showers: nice deco. hot water available. mini bar: complimentary, nice touch!
2 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
KC Kevin
"Superb!"
Everything about this hotel was beautiful, the bedroom, the bathroom, lobby and hallways, the lanterns hanging from the atrium. Very good wifi, tv, aircon, toiletries, a kettle in the room and all the home comforts you could possibly need. And a nice bar with live jazz at the entrance. All right in the centre of lively Chinatown. One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in.
4 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
Sonia
MX
"An elegant exotic boutique hotel in Chinatown"
There aren't enough superlatives to describe my 5 night stay at Shanghai Mansion,Bankok.The decor is sophisticated 1930's Shanghai style. Guest comfort is the top priority with regard furnishings & staff attitudes.Breakfast was buffet style with a wide variety of choices ranging from classic Chinese breakfast dishes to freshly made egg dishes to order & various bakery items.The Red Rose a la carte restaurant was first class.The bedroom was delightful & everything worked.The lighting in the room was in keeping with the overall "moody"atmosphere & I have one suggestion in this regard. A bright bedside lamp would be helpful.I highly recommend Shanghai Mansion!
5 night trip Jul 5, 2015
sandra
MX
"Amazing Hotel but poor Wifi"
Poor Wifi. Neighbourhood completely messed
3 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Rafael
"Good hotel and service"
This is my 4th time staying in this hotel. The service this time is extremely good. The staffs are friendly and helpful. I would like to express my appreciation to 2 staffs named: Mr. Es and Mr. Rodofol( Third) from Customer Service dept. Their services are great. It had brought us a very pleasant days in the hotel. I had a really bad experience last 2 years in this hotel but this time they were all very great and I thanked you them to make my trip worthwhile.
4 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Aaron
SG
"Tastefully Designed Hotel at very affordable price"
Ideally located in Bangkok Chinatown. It's a haven for food lovers especially most of the famous food stalls are just right outside the hotel. Unfortunately, the WiFi is not working well. It was connected & disconnected every few minutes. Other than the WiFi issue, the hotel & the room are just prefect (very tastefully designed)
4 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Freddy
SG
"A great find among all the hotels in Bangkok"
We have lived in Bangkok for 13 years, and just "discovered" Shanghai Mansion this past weekend. What a wonderful treat. Great service, lovely, vibrant decor, large rooms, and really good food. We loved the trio playing at the bar in the evenings and of course Chinatown is always an interesting place to be. When we told our friends they all expected this would be an expensive hotel, but in fact the price is very affordable and a great value. Highly recommended.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Ideally Located - WiFi does not work"
This hotel is very ideally located in Bangkok Chinatown and for any shark fin or bird nest soup lover. The hotel is extremely nicely renovated but the room amenities, such as, toothbrush and others are not replaced in time during my 4 days stay. In addition, this hotel WiFi is far below standard. The WiFi kept disconnected every few minutes. Despite my compliant to the front desk. All they said was "We'll inform the IT department" and did not actually took any real action
4 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
Freddy
"Pleasant stay"
Was exactly as pictured on the website. The jazz band was very talented. The breakfast was diverse and delicious. Staff was attentive. Rooms were great. I will stay here again.
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
joe
PH
"Great Boutique Hotel"
Right in the heart of Chinatown, a welcome refuge from the street bustle. Rooms were very clean and wonderfully decorated as was the rest of the Hotel. Interior reflection pond, chinese antiques and furniture made for a great experience. Staff was very helpful and very pleasant.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Nice Hotel and Convenient location!"
The hotel is nice and clean, convenient location. Very near to all restaurants and easy to get transportation.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Carmen
"Fantastic"
Fantastic hotel! When ur in the hustle and bustle of Chinatown Bangkok this is just what you need. The staff couldn't do enough do us. Assisting with where we wanted to go getting good rates for transport for us including tuk tuk's and taxis. My only critisum would be the breakfast as it had a bit too much Thai food for my taste but that's a personal thing. The rest of the breakfast selection was tasty. Overall this was amazing and recommed highly.
2 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
Chantal
"Elegant with old fashioned quality service"
A wonderful experience with very helpful staff and nothing seemed a bother. Elegant antique furniture and decor throughout makes this place very special at a good price. The 4 poster beds and room decor was a special treat but if you like a softer mattress you won't get that here. Very typically firm mattress, similar to most places throughout Asia that aren't high end, but luxury down pillows and quality bedding make up for it. Highly recommended.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
jennyp
"Nice Chinese Feel"
Brings you to a different world, warps into the past, a cool boutique hotel not to be missed. Good location in terms of proximity to food.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
Don
SG
"Best Non Commercial Hotel in the World"
This is my 3rd stay at the Shanghai Mansion hotel and this has to be the best non commercial hotel in the world. We booked this stay to celebrate a friends 70th birthday and the staff could not of been better. The Red Rose restaurant is 5 star
2 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Steven Richard
"great hotel in China Town"
Very nice place to stay. Very Good rooms. Great breakfast and attentive staff.
5 night trip with friends Mar 10, 2015
Kathleen
"SUPERIOR CHINATOWN HOTEL!"
I've stayed here with - and referred friends and family here who were also happy to stay here. What says a great deal: I've stayed here more times than I can count over somewhere close to 10 years! Great rooms beautifully decorated in a traditional Chinese manner. Always a fabulous buffet breakfast gets us off to a great start touring without wasting time looking for morning restaurants. Being located in fabulous Chinatown is perfect for gold shops, street food, a wet market (live seafood), easy walking distance to Wat Traimit and River Express boats. STAFF ARE FABULOUS! I cannot praise them all enough. I'll be back again next month - twice!
3 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"small and cosy hotel"
Great experience.with friendly staff to cater for your request.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
SG
"Never come back again..."
When I check out hotel time,the hotel receptionist asked me to take out the hotel slipper return back to them in very rudely.i told I don't need your slipper and I never take.after several minutes they want to charge me for the slipper. So I went back to the room and check, the 2 pairs slipper is in the room.Then they only said it "OK",and never apologized to me....I was stay in room 206. To the Shanghai Mansion hotel,this is the 2nd time I stay in,but I swear I never come back again,u make me shame at your hotel lobby like a thief...
2 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
thiam fui
"Shanghai Mansion"
Hotel in centre of bustling Chinatown and lots to see, easy to station for getting into city. Hotel room ok - could be improved with some easy changes. Breakfast choices varied and very good.Good value for what you get.
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
Phillip
"Nice hotel in the heart of Chinatown."
The hotel is in the centre of the action in Bangkok. The streets are active and lined with many street vendors. We were able to walk to the river and take very inexpensive boat transportation. Access to taxies was excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. We enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Lovely"
This place is very nice! It's a little oasis in the desert of Bangkok. The staff and surrounding area were great. The room was great! I should have stayed more than one night. Definitely worth booking!
1 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Anthony
"Good hotel at good price"
Classy comfortable hotel well maintained and with lots of little extra touches at a competitive price
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Charming Boutique hotel in Chinatown"
Stylishly done hotel in Chinatown. Quite a vibrant place and seems to be a favorite of foreigners. The only downside is rooms dont have windows and the hotel is non smoking. Also meal options are limited for vegetarians. The butler Es, was extremely helpful in arranging sightseeing tours and arranging the tuk tuks many time! He made exploring Bangkok easier! Definitely recommend his service!
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Anuja
"Awesome escape in Bangkok!"
Located in the madness of China Town, its a oasis within. You can walk everywhere! The room was beautiful old world China (we stayed in the exotic suite) so charming. best deep tub. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good service fantastic. By our own error, one day we left the safe unlocked with our passports, tablets, cameras and CASH and nothing was taken! Excellent choice. I recommend asking for a "taxi with meter" when you travel out (otherwise they will take a cut), but otherwise perfect
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Simone
"excellent"
comfortable and surprised of complimentary drinks and snacks
1 night trip Jan 20, 2015
geok leng
SG
"doesn't deserve a 4 star very dark no natural lite"
No natural daylight very dark and dingy hotel room doors don't feel very secure and no windows for air defiantly doesn't deserve a 4 star
4 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Mazeer
"Gorgeous hotel in the heart of Chinatown"
Great. Amazing interior design, very clean, good varied breakfast.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Clem
"Perfect for Chinatown"
It whole hotel feels good, smells good, and the rooms are lovely. Lots of room and attention to detail. Everything I always want when I am looking for a hotel in BKK.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Nina
"A nightmare Xmas stay at Shanghai Mansion"
Shanghai Mansion is definitely a 2-star property with 1-star quality and service (definitely not a 4-star) with many in-room inserts, room furnitures and fixtures are in ageing stage (in 'sorry' working conditions), with requests not delivered, internet were hardly working. Most importantly, wedding ceremonies were held at the courtyard where all the Suites are located without any in-room sound proof insulator. We were completely disturbed from 0530am from the noise generated by the MC (with mic speaker) and the wedding guests. I have expected a Suites with quality and privacy but it turned to be a nightmare...
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
YY
SG
"close to the main road"
having renovation during midnight. and is open air bathroom
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
dawson
SG
"Nice hotel in the heart of China Town"
Arrived hotel in the evening and checked in without any problem. However taxi driver do not know about this hotel so he has to start from the beginning of the China town road. I pointed it out to him when I saw the word "Shanghai Mansion" on the right, just directly opposite China Town hotel. Starbuck is in the hotel and also near the famous T&K seafood. Had dinner there because food was served fast and price reasonable. China town is still the same as before from my previous trips several years back so nothing special to share, just the usual gold shops, shark fin soup, birds nest etc We wen to visit Wat Po which is very near. We took the tuk-tuk there and return. One thing for sure, the price of tuk-tuk has increased tremendously and taxi refuse to run on meter. They all charge exorbitant price even for a short distance to anywhere, Example from Wat Po to BTS Hua Lamphung station, Tuk-tuk want to charge 500Baht, crazy!
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
SG
"Great find in China town"
Hotel staff are very attentive and thoughtful. We were greeted with a drink and seating as they placed all our baggage in our rooms. Beautiful decor and a great price! Hard to beat this value for sure.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014