All hotels in Kendal, England, United Kingdom

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
    Great room
"Friendly staff and top class breakfast."
Visiting my son for a 21st meal at Deja Vu restaurant lovely atmosphere at hotel and nice to sit outside with a beer by the river.
1 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
duncan
"Excellent choice for the Kendal area"
We were there for only the one night, and it was more of a landing pad than anything else (so we didn't take advantage of the pool area or the restaurant in the evening, etc.). I did request a riverside room as per someone else's review, and it was lovely and Venician almost to have the water slip past under the window. We were also able to bring our dog for a reasonable fee, which was one of the reasons we chose this particular hotel. The breakfast buffet was quite good. There is a selection of hot foods, with small platters that seemed to be monitored carefully by the folks behind the counter. There is also a selection of cereals and fruit and fruit juices. My only complaint was that the ready-made tea tasted like it had been made in a coffeemaker with some grounds still stuck in (I would have expected a bit better from a British hotel) - but there was also a selection of herbal and black tea bags sitting next to a carafe of hot water, so I was able to have my cuppa done properly. I don't know if we'll be back in the near future - there are so many places in the Lake District to explore, and it is better to stay local for walking - but this is an excellent choice for the Kendal area.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"A good stay at the Riverside"
Over a wet & very windy 2 day stay in the Lakes District, the Riverside was a friendly retreat from the weather. The Tannery Bar with its veranda overlooking the river was good for coffee, a drink and a quick meal. The staff were great. The hotel is well situated as a base from which to drive the Lakes district. We enjoyed our comfortable twin room here and as the conditions around the lakes were miserable we booked a second night at the Riverside.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Christopher
"Very enjoyable weekend break"
We found some minor niggles, the decor is a little tired in places, the bed a little firm for my liking, the room was very warm, breakfast was average. Otherwise I cannot fault this hotel, the staff especially were lovely, the location is great, the room was spacious and it's a lovely building. There is parking which is at a premium in the town centre, and we'd definitely use it again.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
Alison
"Enjoyed the Stay"
Enjoyed the stay. Great location next to the river. We enjoyed our pints sitting on the balcony and also food. Some of the decor of the hotel was slightly tired. And some staff can smile little bit better. There was not much of a Good Morning/Good evening interaction when you leave or enter the building. Apart from that it was a fantastic location. Enjoyed the spa facilities. Sauna temperature for 2 days was not that great but certainly improved over the course of stay. The hotel looks marvellous from the outside. And having a parking is a huge plus point for the guests. The food was reasonably priced. It would be great to see different items on the specials board. Over 3 days it has not changed. We enjoyed the visit but there are certainly things to improve.
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Kiran
"Good b &b"
Had a great stay
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
alexander
"Reasonable base for the lakes."
Five days Easter break with hearty breakfasts and good weather.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Nigel
"Riverside Hoteel- cracking!"
Very helpful polite staff beautiful location Good secure bike storage
3 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Catherine
"Nice hotel, lovely location"
Lovely hotel, good location. Rooms had everything needed, our room was rather warm and we think this was the towel rail in the bathroom. Buffet style breakfast with plenty of choice. We would definitely stay here again for b&b. Spa was lovely, sometimes busy hut perfect for us.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
ali
"A little dated, but great location!"
The hotel itself was very dated and in need of a re-furb, our room was an ex-smoking room and you couldn't help but notice the stale smell of smoke, which was a shame. but on the flip side, the staff were very helpful and friendly and the location was perfect! Only a short walk over the river to the town and the breakfast was superb!
2 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
"a couple of relaxing days away"
Really enjoyed the stay, gym and pool great, Very friendly atmosphere , stayed in recently refurbished rooms , it was very nice. had buffet style breakfast, set me up nicely for the day
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Nice hotel close to river"
Nice food, good customer service, friendly staff. I was told about river view room, but when checked it wasn't much of good view as it was little window. Instead I chose newly refurbished room.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
upkar
"Average 3 stars. Had a bad experience"
Value for money in this average 3 stars hotel. Great gym with a very decent and clean facilities. Great indoors pool. The gym could benefit from better ventilation. Staff both at the gym and at the hotel really friendly. One feels welcomed. Breakfast is just average with average normal ingredients. Decent breakfast for the price. One of the extra beds ordered was in a very poor condition and it was a nightmare to sleep there until they changed it on the second day. So if you are travelling with family be aware of the fact that double beds are standard . Which means they're queen size. So, shorter than normal double beds. Staff kindly suggested sharing but it wouldn't be possible given the actual size of their double beds. Incomparable views of the river. The hotel has a pub restaurant that has a beautiful balcony by the river. Probably the most relaxing and quiet one in the heart of the town. Will recommend for couples and business. Would be cautious about bed numbers and extra bed's quality and type. Toiletries excellent, bathroom was a bit smelly but daily cleaning was kindly arranged and nice towels which are always welcomed .
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
luis
I thought that it would be overlooking a lovely river, but it was rather a murky river and the rooms faced a car park and office block on the other side of the river. I had room service for supper and no condiments were brought with it. I had put the tray outside the door as requested and it was still there when I went for breakfast at 8:30am - not an appetising sight! I was told that breakfast would be served on the second floor but not WHERE and there wasn't a sign to tell me. I wasn't told on arrival if I could get an evening meal in the hotel, or if I could, where I would go - hence the room service as I was too tired to go searching. Very disappointed!
1 night trip Mar 17, 2015
Val
"Hotel near town centre."
Nice Hotel with pleasant staff. I cannot say the same about the Health Club staff. I wanted a swim and went to the Club reception but felt like the invisible man. Nobody acknowledged I was there, one of the staff even knocked into me as he ran past, they were busy looking busy until I asked where the changing rooms and pool were. Impolite I thought.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
SMH
"We will be back again."
Excellent stay. Had a long weekend with the family and the dog. The room was lovely, overlooking the river. The staff were very efficient and pleasant. Breakfast was perfect. My only criticism, and it is only a little one, is that the woodwork in the passages was badly scuffed and could do with painting, likewise with some of the wallpaper. But that is just nit picking. We will be returning.
3 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
"Short stay"
Lovely hotel. Staff were very friendly and the hotel is ideally situated for the lakes.
2 night trip Feb 19, 2015
sylvia
"Lovely hotel close to town centre."
Lovely walks along riverside. The hotel pool, Jacuzzi, steam and sauna very clean and relaxing. Lovely staff and food.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Excellent
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great location and great price"
The hotel is in a great central location and had lovely views across the River Kent. Although the room hasn't huge it was satisfactory for a couple and when you factor in the use of the gym and breakfast included the price was very good. If you use satnav do not be confused if it takes you out of the town first, Kendal has a one way system that confuses me everythime I visit.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Good Hotel but staff need to improve!"
Very nice hotel with good facilities. There were a couple of negatives 1) how abrupt the receptionist was, apparently I heard her telling one of her colleagues, she had been called in on her day off to cover for sickness! 2) Went to the bar for a meal and there was only one bar person on duty and the service was incredibly slow.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Colin
"Overnight"
Was ok a little dated tbh Not as nice as photos
1 night trip Feb 3, 2015
"Very tired looking hotel"
I stayed for one night on business. The hotel overall is very tired but in a good location with secure parking. The rooms and coridoors both are in need of some attention. The breakfast was like stepping back in time, nothing special.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"Xmas trip"
Lovely location and staff helpful and friendly. Hotel needs some TLC as it is starting to look worn and rough at edges.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
WILIIAM
"room with a view"
lovely river views from all bedrooms. just a walk into Kendal town.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
jean
"Pleasant modern hotel by river."
Large, comfortable room overlooking river. A problem with the shower was sorted out very efficiently within minutes by the reception staff.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Recommended"
Lovely hotel. I'm originally local to Kendal, but have never stayed here. If you can get it on a deal - its a great location. Right on the river Kent, short walk into town. Great staff. Dog friendly. Will be back next time we visit family.
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Mrs AR
"Ideal location in centre of town"
Very nice hotel. Staff were very friendly.Very nice hotel. Staff were very friendly.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Iain
"excellent hotel, and very central."
i was there on a training course which was 5 minutes away
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Would stay again."
Hotel was 'OK' there was spiders and cobwebs around everywhere. The room was a good size and was clean.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
N
"A really great stay with friendly staff."
Hotel staff are great.
1 night trip with friends Dec 3, 2014
ALASTAIR
"Great for a weekend away"
The hotel was much better than expected and the staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was slow one morning but the staff worked hard to sort it out. The room was excellent although a little hot. A good location close to the town centre. Very relaxed with good facilities
2 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
"Nice romantic break"
Lovely stay close to center of Kendal, comfy, clean room, nice bar and pleasant staff
2 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
Natan
"Average hotel."
We eat in the bar on the first evening because we were hungry on arrival and the restaurant didn't open till 6:30pm. The burger was horrible! Fake meat!!! Not nice at all. It is so easy for a burger to be made from fresh so the fake they used frozen processed burgers that were made up of god knows what! On the positive side the Chips were good! Food was over priced!. No fridge in room. Cobwebs and spider on the window of the stair well! Not hard to get a duster out and remove cobwebs from the inner window!
"In need of upgrade"
This hotel needs some work it is run down and tired looking, the bar area is cold and not very welcoming, kitchen closes at 9 pm.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2014
"Just right"
Great location And great room just what needed
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
craig
"Good Value - Nice Location"
Great Value .. the place is a little tatty in some places but dont let that put you off the prices are fair, rooms good size tidy and comfortable ..Nice breakfast spread
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
"Comfi stay"
We went to visit The lake district and I have found this hotel online with a good price tag and good reviews. I have enjoyed the stay for over 3 days. I did enjoy the breakfast the first day but I couldnt see myself eating the english full breakfast everyday. The pool facilities were good and I have used the sauna also. Shame that opening times for this to enjoy are a bit inadequate closing at 20:00 on the weekends. The room was comfi and the service was good. Parking was also available but not enough spaces were free. Overall good value for the money.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Lenka
"Good location, comfortable rooms + fair prices."
I stayed at the Riverside for one night whilst visiting Cumbria for business. The hotel is positoned in a pleasent riverside location across a bridge from the station and town centre. The room was clean and comfortable, and adequate for a business stay. I ate in the bar on the evening, which was very quiet (Monday night), but the food was good and fairly priced.
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
Grant
"Nice hotel on the river"
Nice hotel would recommend to my friends, good position when visiting the lakes.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"A Nice Hotel"
A nice hotel in a great location, friendly staff and lovely food.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
"Riverside Hotel"
Hotel average, carpark is a joke unless you have a smart car and not enough carpark spaces
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Hopefully a balanced review"
A nice clean friendly hotel, slightly let down by the need for some refurbishment in areas and the restaurant, where the food was nicely cooked, but lacked any flair and therefore wouldn't be recommended for the price
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Roger
"Pleasant stay"
This was a nice place to stay with a lovely view of the river. It was a little expensive, unless you make full use of the pool, spa and gym activities. I booked a room for a couple and one child but when I got there they said only a cot would fit in that room. They wanted £40 to upgrade us to the bigger room even though it had said when booking that roll away beds were included. Apparently only when you book the 'right' room. I had to be very persuasive to only pay the £10 it would have cost on hotels.com for the larger room. We ate dinner in the bar and expected much better food. It was very average. Pre-packaged naan bread and bland curry. Breakfast was your standard hotel fare - hot food in a bain marie and cereals. Terrible coffee!
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Pleasant Staff/Tired Room"
Hotel was OK, but not worth the price - unless you will be using the facilities, which were free to guests. Some refurbishment work going on (didn't disturb at all where we were), but if our room was refurbished, it still looked very tired (room 9). All staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was fine - staff very accommodating, although the coffee was woeful. . Nice setting, by the river. Location is perfect for Kendal. Good parking area.
3 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Great hotel in Kendal"
A three star hotel that punches above its weight. Although the hotel could go with a much needed refurb, it is in a great location with plenty of good facilities. Staff are super helpful and friendly and the bar (with terrace) is very relaxing. Food was good too! Excellent dinner and breakfast has proper sausages!!! Overall a lovely hotel. Yes, there is a busy road nearby, but not too noisy. We stayed in a family room (with cotbed) and it was very spacious. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
AH
"Birthday Treat"
Staff were very professional & friendly; restaurant & bar meals delicious; hotel pool/steam room/Jacuzzi & changing rooms all very good standard & location meant you were just far enough away from town to be able to walk into shops & tea rooms but far away enough from any bustle - would highly recommend & would visit again.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
michaela
"Nice place to visit"
Stayed at the hotel for the weekend in July. Friendly and welcoming staff. We didn't arrival till 9pm and missed food service and no room service on offer after 9pm. Ordered take away to the room as all the close restaurants closed the kitchen at 10pm on a Friday. Pool is small and had to get out early on the Saturday for a pool party. Everything is close walking distance and lots of bars and restaurants to choose from. Room was standard look with comfortable bed.
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
marie
"Good Location"
Kendal is a great place to visit and the location of Hotel was perfect. Unfortunately they were having some building work done which spoilt the lie in.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Good location for a stay in Kendal"
Nice hotel. Very good central location. My room was good although noisy due to the main road being right next to the hotel at that end. I'm sure the rooms to the other end of the hotel would be much quieter. The gym is small be well equipped and a good facility. Breakfast was fine - a little short on choice compared to what I'd expect for a hotel like this, but this is a relatively minor comment, not a criticism.
2 night business trip Jun 30, 2014