All hotels in Portland, Oregon, United States of America
1889 Sw 4th Ave, Portland, OR, 97201, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9479

Good internet service
  • Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Bad breakfast
    Bad amenities
Great price, great location. Room comfortable and clean.
2 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2016
Staff was friendly and downtown was walkable/ public transportation from the location. My main issues were that the neighborhood was noisy, and the beds weren't very comfortable. Could be worse places out there I am sure. You get what you pay for!
3 night trip Jan 11, 2016
"Needs met"
Everything was good and we had personal attention.
1 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
"Good value for price"
Very good value for the price - right in the heart of Portland State University
2 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
Lance
"Pricey for the quality, but great location"
Just an overnight. Adequate room for our needs. Check in staff was wonderful. Had to pay $10 for parking. Not a lot of it available, but we were able to get the last slot.
1 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Dina
"Reasonable Price Downtown"
This was an adequate room, reasonably priced and close to downtown.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
jean
"Rating this hotel a C"
The location of this motel was great-within walking distance to downtown area, food trucks nearby, easy access to public transportation. However, it is an old motel, and it looks like it is need of an update. The carpets were worn and felt dirty to bare feet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But I was surprised that we had to pay $10 a day to park in the parking lot! I have never had to do this before.
2 night romance trip Oct 12, 2015
Edward
"Great service!!"
The staff was fantastic !! We arrived from Union Station at 10 am fairly exhausted from the long train ride. They immediately put us in a room even though it was hours before we should have checked. The next day we were being picked up at 1230 and again they allowed us to stay in our room well past checkout time. Room was no frills, but great for the price given the location. Neighborhood is clean and safe being near the university, but also close to the river. Room was a little noisy, but didn't affect us at all given we were in the middle of the city surrounded by transit lines. We were able to do everything we wanted by walking less than 10 blocks.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Timothy
The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
"good value"
Great location and price. It was about what I would expect for the price and I felt that it was a good value compared to other hotels in that location. Plus free limited breakfast
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Christina
Perfect location for a city getaway. The hotel is very close to all the available public transportation and the price was reasonable.
4 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
Rosaria
"Good Stay and Value but Beware a Few Things"
The hotel was nice and the staff were great. I thought it was kind of shady that parking was an additional fee. That is something that should be clearly stated on the reservation page. I also challenge the label of city center, the hotel is really on the south side of downtown Portland and a multiple mile walk to any of the major downtown destinations.
3 night trip Jun 29, 2015
Christian
"Econo Lodge Portland City Center"
The manager, Rick was friendly and VERY helpful. The motel's location was perfect- we could walk everywhere. The rooms were spacious and quiet. We would go there again!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"We'd stay there again"
Friendly comfortable great location near food and transportation near Portland State University.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"We'd go back"
Great location close to food and transportation. Friendly and ccmfortable.
7 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"There are nicer hotels for the same price"
$10 parking fee, pubic hair in the bathroom, my socks were dirty after walking on the carpet, pitiful "continental breakfast," and it's located on a noisy busy street. Tip:don't order from Pizza Hut while you are there. They are 6 min drive away, but delivery takes 2 hours.
Other trip May 19, 2015
joy
"Portland"
Bad customer service, not comfortable, will not stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2015
Sylvia
"Oregon"
Not the best customer service by the young lady. We will not return to this hotel.
3 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Ashley
"Nice alternative to a conference hotel"
Even though I booked only a few days in advance, the staff was very accommodating of my request for a first floor room. I found the room quite clean and comfortable, and a very good deal considering the location. The hotel is conveniently locate a short walk or transit ride from downtown Portland and there's a food truck "pod" right across the street.
4 night business trip Feb 8, 2015
"Great location in Portland!"
Nice folks, clean simple room, new TV if I'm not mistaken. Great location, right smack on PSU, few blocks downhill to downtown. On-site parking, food and drink nearby. Perfect for me.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Disappointing"
I would definitely stay somewhere else if I ever return to this town.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
"inexpensive hotel close to transportation network"
easy walking distance to TriMet rail system, busses and cheap take-out food from trailers in lot next door.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Marti
room was very clean and close to Max train
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great value near downtown"
I was working from the hotel, and the height of the desk wasn't ideal for that. For anyone not spending 8+ hours on a laptop, I don't think that would be a problem. The TV didn't have HDMI either, but again, not a problem if you're not spending all your time in the room. Breakfast was free, but pretty much all baked goods and beverages. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was good. On site laundry was handy.
6 night trip Mar 3, 2014
"Close to VA Hospital"
Enjoyed it!
1 night trip Feb 23, 2014
Frank & Loretta Ogg
"Excellent stay!"
The staff were extremely friendly, courteous and professional. The room was very clean. The internet was great. Excellent value for money. Thanks!
2 night business trip Feb 17, 2014
"great location"
Clean and quite hotel at a great price. Great location. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2014
kim
"Clean, basic motel close to downtown Portland."
We are a family of three Seattleites, traveling with a young child, and we wanted to take a quick trip over our holiday break: somewhere close to home that would be entertaining and not break the bank. We love Portland; it's more laid back than Seattle and we always have a great time.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Christina
"Solid no frills no problems hotel"
not state of the art, but good place to stay. felt safe, clean, and comfortable. showing its age a bit (wall heater a bit noisy and certainly used). quality of materials throughout was very good. clean and comfortable. price equivalent to discount I got at the downtown mariott just real close to my destination.
1 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Awesome!"
My stay here for one night was very good. It was safe & secure, and the front desk staff were unbelievably helpful. I look forward to staying here again in the future! Very recommended!
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
Karissa
"Great, simple stay"
This was a great hotel for our trip to Portland, as we didn't intend to spend a lot of time in our hotel room. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the service was great. Lots of outlets for plugging in devices, a desk area, TV (tho not flat screen or HDTV, but it works), coffee maker, iron, blow dryer are all provided. I'd definitely stay here again.
4 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2013
The owners were awesome, very friendly and helpful!
4 night business trip Oct 20, 2013
TYama
Nice management and clean.
7 night trip Oct 8, 2013
"I was in Portland to run the annual Marathon."
It was fine. Arrived Saturday afternoon. Started running the Marathon at 7:00 A.M. Sunday morning. Had to check out late. I wanted to take a shower after finishing the race. It was $20.00 extra but well worth it. The innkeepers were quite friendly...
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
"Great hotel!"
This is probably the best hotel in its price range. Very clean & organized!
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Carlos
"A room with beds"
Perfectly ok clean room, if you don't care about the time you spend in the room. We noticed that the pictures above the bed were identical. I know - who looks at the art in a motel room - but this just shows that no care is taken on the aesthetic side. There is no view. The location is fine and the fact that you can park next to the room is useful. In retrospect, I might have preferred to pay the extra $40-50 for Hilton or Mark Spencer.
Other trip Aug 21, 2013
SR
"Perfect"
The location was very convenient
1 night trip Jul 9, 2013
Great price for the location. I wasn't expecting the room to be in such great shape. The lady at the front desk was very nice.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"No frills, but solid."
For the price, it is a clean place in a decent location. Not a place to feel pampered or special, but simply a good room and place to sleep.
Other trip May 22, 2013
"PSU and Transportation"
A good inexpensive and clean motel only a couple blocks from Portland State University and Transportation via MAX Rail and bus. Right next to a block of Portland's famous outdoor food booths....Asian to Mexican food. With downtown Portland only a few blocks away.
Other trip May 7, 2013
Vik
I was very impressed with how clean the rooms were. We wanted a place to stay that was reasonably priced. It is also very near a wonderful Catholic Church, Saint Michael the Archangel and great places to eat.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
Kristi
Very friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2013
Rachel

"Great First Time trip to Portland"
The hotel had a little issue with the key but it was fixed quickly. It was cleaned very well everyday. The location was within a 10 minute walk from downtown Portland. There are plenty of options in terms of food (eg. food trucks, sushi, etc.). It's also walking distance to 2 tram stations.
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Karl
"anyway a quite happy stay ,although is limited"
we stay 5 nights, the location is no bad, but like me no car traveller, must depend on public transport, bus or train ,a bit difficult, the manager herself also not much familiar with bus lines.
2 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
yi tzu
"Basic value, excellent staff."
This hotel, which is really a motel, is reasonable walking distance from anywhere you might want to go in downtown Portland. The rooms are basic, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The folks who run the hotel are extremely friendly, efficient and helpful. I felt very safe there. The one thing they might improve upon is the continental breakfast. Highly processed muffins in plastic wrap are not something I ever want to eat. Include a little of Portland's wonderful local baking, and it would be just fine. Still, I would definitely return to this place. It was absolutely fine for the budget traveller.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"Lovely Staff! close to Downtown"
We stayed for two nights recently and it was just fine. I thought it was a little expensive overall but considering its pretty close to downtown, I suppose that is why.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Brittany & Dana
"Will stay again"
Very pleased. Reasonable price, did not plan to spend a lot of time in the room, why pay more? Clean, friendly staff (owners) great location for food and public transportation. If you are looking for a good place to stay while visiting downtown Portland, this is a good selection.
2 night family trip Apr 3, 2014
Family man
"Convenient & close to downtown"
My husband and I liked it very much. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and quiet surroundings. Only the continental breakfast needed a bit more "healthy" choices. Yogurts and or granola bars would have been nice.
1 night trip with friends Sep 30, 2013
Sandra
"Great for Portland visitors"
We were pleasantly surprised by the University area location - interesting and comfortable. Our 5 night stay was completely satisfactory.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Linda and Clive
"Good basic place, overpriced"
It was fine for a quick stay, but too much money as a destination.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013