All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
1329 N Wicker Park Ave, Chicago, IL, 60622, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Loved this place!"
Wonderful and welcoming! Such a cool neighborhood (easier to access the Loop by bicycle than bus or train) - the hotel is RIGHT next to the train but the noise didn't bother us a bit. Great accommodations; lovingly furnished; comfy bas and CLEAN! Would love to stay here again!!
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Wonderful find"
This is a gem of a place if you like alternatives to the large Hilton, Marriott type hotels. I was attending a conference and conference hotel rooms were all booked. So we tried the Wicker Inn. It is in a great, safe, residential neighborhood where you can easily walk to busy Chicago area with restaurants. Free parking on the street with a pass from the Inn. Also the Inn is within easy walking of public transportation. Other reviews commented on the noise from the elevated train. It did not bother us, and was actually quiet during the night. But the train is right in back of the Inn. The room included stove, refrigerator, dish washer. VERY comfortable and very clean, but a little cold and we weren't able to control the room temperature. ONE caution: pay attention to the cancellation policy dates. We booked the room 6 days in advance and it clearly said cancellation was possible. We did not read the fine print which said that in order to cancel, we had to do that one month prior. We thought we needed to cancel so called Hotels.com and were told rather rudely that we just didn't read clearly (true--but the person missed our point). When we tried to explain that they may want to give a different alert as it was a bit misleading that you could cancel--but in reality you couldn't , they hung up on us. Hotels.com has never done that before. All in all, the Wicker Inn is a great find. I have already passed it along to friends who go to Chicago frequently.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Roger
"Wicker Park Inn"
A nice little seven unit Inn in a quaint Chicago neighborhood area not far from downtown. Five units in the main house and two units across the street. Not what I'd call a B&B, since you don't get breakfast if you stay in the garden unit across the street. Breakfast is mostly cold variety that you fix yourself. I must say that Robin, the onsite manager was very helpful with providing us train maps/directions. No problems getting to Wrigley Field from the Inn. She also gave us access to breakfast the next morning, which was a nice touch on her part, since we stayed in the garden unit that came equipped with a small kitchenette that wasn't stocked.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Great Location!"
The hotel staff was very friendly. The neighborhood was fantastic! We walked to a yummy pizza place for dinner. The train was also within walking distance, so we took that to see the sights instead of worrying about driving. Our room was nothing fancy, but was clean, and seemed appropriate for the price of the room given the location. The train was across the alley from our room, but we got used to the noise, and the kids LOVED watching it go by! There was an interesting smell in the hotel during our stay...like a sewer was backing up somewhere in the building. The bed was not the most comfortable I've ever slept on, but wasn't bad for one night. I would stay there again, mostly for the location.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"Clean but Noisy"
Stayed in the Chicago room. Room was clean and staff was friendly, bed was not very comfortable. BEWARE window faces right to the L so you are constantly (day and night) listening to trains passing by, gets very noisy and annoying, especially while trying to sleep. Would not have booked a room here knowing that it was so close to the L.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Lovely B&B"
Much more comfortable and personal than a chain hotel. Very private for a B&B. Breakfast was simple but lovely. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip May 18, 2015
Joan
"A Jewel for Pleasure Trips"
If I'd had a lot of work to do, the chair by the desk wouldn't have been comfortable, and there is no pool or spa, which I like when I travel. And, it is right by the el, but they provided ear plugs and a radio with nature sounds. The train didn't keep me awake, which I expected it would. Those would be my only criticisms. The lack of a pool is offset by a great neighborhood to walk through, and a dozen or more unique restaurants within walking distance. Snacks and beverages are available around the clock and the breakfast was plentiful with lots of fresh options. Wished I were on a pleasure trip so I could have savored this place. Would like to return and fully enjoy it with my husband. The WiFi and Direct TV worked well. Was able to complete the work I had to do, quickly. For my last night on the road, it was perfect. I was ready to relax, decompress, and not spend hours working.
1 night business trip May 13, 2015
Deborah
"amazing service"
Impeccable service. Great hospitality. I will only stay here when I travel to wicker park.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
hixie
"Best place stay in Chicago"
Robin the inn keeper is super nice and helpful!
1 night trip Jan 15, 2015
"First time stay in a B & B"
We so enjoyed our stay in the Wicker Inn. It was like staying at a family members home. It was a very nice room and I very much liked the decor. It was clean, the staff was beyond friendly and very willing to offer information about local things to do.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Angie
"Wicker Park Inn"
The Hotel is considered a Urban Bed and Breakfast. It was very nice with a full size refrigerator. There are a few steps. One step down into the kitchen and 2 into the bathroom. May be hard for older people or little kids. Walking distance to Walgreens, 7-11 and lots of restaurants and bars. Free parking on the street (most hotels in Chicago charge between $30 and $55 per night for parking.) Continental breakfast in the morning was pretty good and free also. The Hotel manager was very accommodating. For being a very old building it had a newer clean feeling inside. The area around is the city but it felt pretty safe.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Gracious space and staff"
This is a wonderful little inn that draws on the European tradition of offering gracious, yet simple, accommodations with comfort and friendliness. It has everythinga traveler needs, and none of the overdone "8 pillows on the bed" nonsense that I hate about major chains. It's located in an up-and-coming Chicago neighborhood. It's close to the El station and lots of nice local restaurants and taverns. I very much enjoyed my stay, and I plan to return.
1 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Gordon
"Loved it!"
Very welcoming staff! Had a nice spread for breakfast as well! Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Wicker Park!
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
Joey
"great hideaway"
Very happy and well pleased wit the Garden Room i stayed in. It was very clean and well maintained, the location was perfect and plenty of restaurants and things to do in walking distance. It was so well maintained it was like being at home or a cottage in the middle of the city. It was also very feel wit different cultures and seemed to be safe.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
buford
"Cute place to stay"
I loved everything about our room. We had the Chicago suite and were completely happy with our stay. Kitchen has snacks 24/7 free of charge and an amazing breakfast with delicious fresh fruit and pastries. Feels like you are at someone's home NOT a hotel! Only down side was the train but... Hey that's part of the city experience!
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Ashley
Short and sweet. Included continental breakfast was wonderful.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Good place"
Good place to stay if you are not looking for fancy hotel facilities . This is a b&b with very basic facilities. I stayed at the garden apartment which was in the basement. Need management to pay some attention to small things. .for example, the iron board...The cover is coming off and need to be fixed....same with shower mat. I liked the fact that they give parking permit which is really nice. Particularly in Chicago city.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Mm
"Wicker park Inn stay"
Great little place. They said they would come out and fix the tv that wasn't working the first night. Never heard anymore about that. Partially used shower toiletries left on the window sill from previous tenants. Super nice staff and price was great. Would definitely stay again. The place was very clean. Lampshades could use some love though. Eric
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"Noisy"
We found the room to be well decorated with good features. However, it is so close to the EL (elevated train), that you are continually hearing a train coming from one direction or the other. That goes on 24 hours a day! There is no heating or cooling control in the room. Parking is on the street, with a sticker in the window to avoid a ticket. Luckily, we were able to find a spot nearby; otherwise we'd have had to park quite a distance, with our car out of sight.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Nice Place"
Wicker Park Inn was adorable. The room was great (clean, well furnished, good tv/internet). The Inn provides a nice continental breakfast. The surrounding neighborhood was very cute (lots of shops and a few restaurants). It's probably best to stay here if you have a car or if you are staying in the warmer months (or if you're a fan of walking in the cold weather). I was there in mid-March when it was cold and there was plenty of snow/ice on the ground so I was not interested in exploring the area on foot. FYI- the Inn is tucked away in a residential neighborhood, so you can't hail a cab in front of the Inn.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Nice B&B. Great location"
Pleasant comfortable. Large kitchen to cook in. Easy access. Well desiged space
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
Michele
Stayed in Blue Line Room.... called Blue Line because the Elevated train called the Blue Line is only a few steps from the room... Train noise was crazy bad.... Otherwise it was great =)
1 night trip Jan 20, 2014
Greg
Located in a very neat and clean neighborhood. Friendly service and a great breakfast!
1 night trip Jan 16, 2014
We stayed in the Blue Line Room, had no problems. If you are a light sleeper, this would not be a good choice as it backs up to the train. We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful, this however would not be the place to stay if you are needy or demanding. We will definitely stay again.
4 night trip Jul 11, 2013
Mr.Simmons
"Very clean"
Close to shopping and restaurants. Residential area. Nice breakfast
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Great Location in a Vibrant Neighborhood"
Our family of three (mom, dad, and 10 year old daughter) stayed at the Wicker Park Inn during a recent 3-night, 4-day visit to Chicago. A year ago we stayed at a very nice hotel downtown one block over from Michigan Ave. This time we wanted to experience a different area of the city. For us, the Wicker Park neighborhood with its great restaurants and shops, all within walking distance of the inn, was a wonderful choice. The innkeeper, Robin, was friendly and helpful. Our room, the Tuscan suite, was comfortable and clean. It met our needs, a relaxing place to sleep after a day out and about. When we were in the room, our daughter enjoyed watching her favorite shows on the new flat panel TV with a satellite hook-up or swinging on the tire swing in the side yard. The free on street parking just steps from the inn worked well for us. The elevated train which runs behind the inn didn't bother us, but its understandable that others might find it disturbing. Overall it was a good experience and I believe we would consider staying at the Wicker Park Inn again.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Denise
"Everything was great but the noise at night...."
Very professionally run, friendly inn in a great neighborhood. The only thing I wished I'd known is how close to the El my room was as the noise of the passing trains took a while to get used to at night.
3 night trip May 7, 2013
"B and B"
I loved this urban B and B. it was the perfect location. Beautiful and clean. The king size bed was so comfortable and it was great to get a sticker for free street side parking. The breakfast was delicious and staff so helpful.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"A Bed and Breakfast that makes you feel at home!"
Love the place and love the staff. This bed and breakfast goes out of its way to make you feel at home!
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Definite Do Over!!!"
Very nice and quaint little B&B. Very clean overall, and the breakfast was fantastic. The manager, Robin, was so helpful with all of our needs. She was always available to answer questions, and if she didn't know the answer, she would research it to find out. The Blue Line runs right behind the building, but it didn't keep us awake. We were so impressed, we will be back!!!
2 night trip Apr 10, 2013
Brannon
"Good deal"
The breakfast was good and convenient. The only problem we had was an air bed that deflated during the night. We told the maid, who said she would report it, but it did not get fixed the second night. It was a weekend, and we did not know how to reach anyone else.
4 night trip Mar 6, 2013
"bad bad bad"
10 feet from the train that comes through every 10 minutes. Have to walk outside and around back to get to very bad room. Dont bother going to this one
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2013
kevin
"Very Cute B&B!"
Loved the accomodations and the location! I would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends Mar 1, 2013
"Very Cute & in a great Neighborhood"
This is a nice quaint little B & B right outside of Downtown Chicago. Perfect for what we needed. We were on a business trip and the starting location could not have been better. Only a slight wait for someone to let us into the hotel. Totally understandable since we booked about an hour before arriving. This is check in by appointment so just make sure that you contact them if you are arriving late.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2013
Shana A
"Amazing"
I Loved it! Made my 1st time experience in Chicago very welcoming and comfortable. I will definitely remember this inn and hopefully return on my next business trip.
2 night trip Feb 6, 2013
"Nice, clean, and comfortable bed."
Great location, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Service was excellent as well. Thank you and I will return.
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
"Train Going Through My Room"
I booked the Wicker Park Inn VERY last minute through Hotels.com. The photos on the Hotels.com website looked cute, and the review average seemed great. When I arrived at the Inn, the Inn Keeper didn't know that I had a reservation and wasn't there. Thankfully, one of the other folks staying at the Inn let us in, and we called the Inn Keeper, and she was really apologetic. We had dinner plans, and she came within a half an hour. She gave me the lowdown, although what she didn't let me know is that my room, the Chicago Room, backed to the train tracks. I literally felt like the train was going to come through my room, and I had a terrible night of sleep. It would have been great to have received earplugs, or at least a warning. I do expect some noise, but the level received was over the top. After digging through more of the reviews, this is mentioned, although it wasn't pointed out on the Hotels.com site. Other rooms were probably just fine, and I'd definitely rent there again, just make sure to bring earplugs, a sleeping pill, and book another room. I was really disappointed.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2012
"highly recommended"
I think that this Inn is particularly special, I enjoyed my time there. Everything you are looking for is not only available, but also in high quality. Most important is the cleanliness and the nice smell of the place, the very friendly hospitable staff, and other facilities that were available (microwave, internet, parking, etc). I went to smoke in the middle of the night, and sort of locked myself out, so I called the manager Ms. Lora and she was extremely helpful and understanding. There was a book in my room for the different things that you need in Chicago, like restaurant, Taxi phone numbers, and a review of landmarks in Chicago.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
"better than i expected!"
I absolutely loved the bucktown apartments and wish I could stay there permanently because it was even better than any hotel I've stayed in.
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2012
scr
"Map Makers"
Staff was very helpful in arranging transportation using the Internet to print out maps. Lots of choices for breakfast. I'm not sure whether the keys were correctly labeled - one for room and one for deadbolt lock. Anyway I was able to master the whole key concept!
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"Wonderful B&B in Wicker Park"
Lovely B&B. Upgraded to bigger room. Great hospitality. Free Parking pass and lovely location.
Other trip Nov 8, 2012
Nag
Not a great setup for a business traveler, but is a good choice for a play trip to Chicago---near the blue line, in an interesting neighborhood, good breakfast. After all, it is a B&B and is true to its billing. The city was sold out or I would not have made this choice in the first instance. Some of the "directions" in the room were odd (good notebook in room with information, but...), e.g., use of disposable face cloths for makeup to avoid staining washcloths?! No woman I know will use product on her face that isn't familiar to her and poses a risk of adverse reaction on her face--seems a bit presumptive and a little too directive even for the more homey feel of a B&B.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2012
"LIKE COMING HOME TO WHERE "ONE" SHOULD BE LIVING"
YES, TO THE CLEAN AND ETC OF THE OTHER HAPPY REVIEWERS. MAY NOT HAVE BEEN NOTED: SOME OF THE APARTMENTS ARE "HISTORICAL REGISTRY PRESERVATION," AS WAS THE ONE I STAYED IN. LARGE ENTRY/ MAIN AREA,/ THREE BEDROOMS/ KITCHEN/ BATH/ AND THE "ALWAYS IMPORTANT" "IRONING BOARD ROOM" LARGE FLOOR-TO-CEILING WINDOWS THROUGHOUT // DIFFICULTY: DIM LIGHTING IN MAIN AREAS. AND KITCHEN. VERRRRRRY HELPFUL MANAGER/OWNER... LOVED THE SOUND OF THE TRAINS: THE BLUE LINE, ALBEIT, WAS ACROSS THE STREET RATHER THAN NEXT TO TRACKS. MY BEDROOM OF CHOICE (OF THE THREE BEDROOMS) HAD GORGEOUS FIREPLACE, (NON WORKING , TO MY KNOWLEDGE) AND BEAUTIFUL RED QUILT ON BED, WITH VERY VERY NICE LINENS. / CAN ADJUST HEAT/ AC, AS DESIRED. VERY CONVENIENTLY LOCATED TREE-LINED STREETS, REMINISCENT OF ANN ARBOR (MI) AND/OR MIDWESTERN COLLEGE TOWNS OF CHARM. WOULD MOVE IN. // COFFEE SHOP FEW BLOCKS AWAY: "WORM IN THE HOLE"-- BEST PASTRIES KNOWN TO THE WESTERN WORLD, LIKEWISE FOR THE COFFEE AND TEA./ NEED PATIENCE WHILE COFFEE/TEA MADE WITH TRUE ARTISTRY.
Business trip Oct 7, 2012
"Great escape from the business trip"
Nice room/kitchen combination. The room was at the back end of the building with a seperate entrance. The blue line of the el runs just behind the building but it is not a distraction. Innkeeper was friendly and set up my stay with efficiency. The neighborhood was an easy walk to dinner and pubs.
Business trip Oct 6, 2012
Mike M.

"Enjoyable stay at The Wicker Park Inn."
We enjoyed our stay at The Wicker Park Inn. Robin was extremely helpful. Breakfast was excellent. The only negative was the proximity to the subway trains, but it was only a minor inconvenience for us. The noise really was not bad at all and did not disturb our sleep Definitely a great place to use as a base to really see Chicago as it is located in a quiet neighbourhood just a couple of blocks from transit and good restaurants.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
frank

"Go here"
Great place, just as described in the posting. Biggest pro is the area. Also, the rooms are nice and bright, breakfast was fine and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Yes, you can hear the train that runs by close to the hotel. But come on, it is a big city. If you don't like a bit of noise, then go to the country side. The train did not disturb my sleep at any time.
2 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Jonas
DK
"かわいい部屋と電車音B&B"
飛行機が遅れ予約日に到着できるかどうかわからなかったけど、こまめにメールでやり取りして安心でした。BlueLANEという部屋に滞在。キッチンが充実。部屋の外を電車が走っているのですが、旅の疲れのせいか気にならなかった。朝食はベーグル、パンなど数種類、ゆで卵、カットしたフルーツ、ヨーグルトなど。こぢんまりとしたシカゴのアパートという感じ。他ゲストの年齢層は高いので落ち着いた雰囲気。
Other trip May 23, 2014