All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
1329 N Wicker Park Ave, Chicago, IL, 60622, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2 night trip May 12, 2013
3 night trip Sep 14, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Wicker Park Inn

"Not such a treat"
09/01/15 213LAnone Los Angeles, California
Don't stay in the garden room if you want to open windows or see the outside (besides someone's feet and legs). This "room" / "apartment" is pretty rough--odd little stairs in bathroom and kitchen, dirty woodwork, lack of light. A family with children was staying above me and the kids woke up at 6 am running back and forth across their place....no sleep for me after 6 am and not a relaxing vacation. Could have stayed elsewhere with more ammenities for less money.
"Felt like a local and loved it"
08/16/15 emiana London, United Kingdom
We stayed at the WPI for three nights. We had a lot we wanted to see and do in a short amount of time. We were up early - sampling the vegan breakfast options at local places in the neighbourhood (so we missed the included breakfast, but we had to maximise our running around time! and we missed interacting with the staff other than quick hellos, etc., which were great. All the staff seemed so friendly and amenable). And we were coming back late. The room was on the ground floor, so it was great - felt like we lived in the neighbourhood. It was spacious with an enormous and comfy bed, super clean and just great. We slept soundly and barely heard the city noises. Loved the location. Overall, just fantastic and we'd stay again.
"Gem of a place"
08/15/15 rnpohl Ann Arbor
This is a gem of a place if you like alternatives to the large Hilton, Marriott type hotels. I was attending a conference and conference hotel rooms were all booked. So we tried the Wicker Inn. It is in a great, safe, residential neighborhood where you can easily walk to busy Chicago area with restaurants. Free parking on the street with a pass from the Inn. Also the Inn is within easy walking of public transportation. Other reviews commented on the noise from the elevated train. It did not bother us, and was actually quiet during the night. But the train is right in back of the Inn. The room included stove, refrigerator, dish washer. VERY comfortable and very clean, but a little cold and we weren't able to control the room temperature. ONE caution: pay attention to the cancellation policy dates. We booked the room 6 days in advance and it clearly said cancellation was possible. We did not read the fine print which said that in order to cancel, we had to do that one month prior. Not a problem in the end. This gets 2 thumbs up from us and we will stay there again anytime we are back in Chicago. We have told our friends about it as well.
"Wicker Park Retreat"
08/12/15 C1332JYlynns Greensboro, North Carolina
Laura, Emily a Laura and the rest of the staff were lovely--very attentive and welcoming. My only concern was the room--I was informed it was at the back of the main house and the El ran directly behind it when I booked it. I slept okay with earplugs but it was pretty loud so I was wide awake by 6 regardless. My main issue with the room was how very dark it was, even with all the lights on. My other concern was the very spotty IN access. In order to use it I needed to go out into the kitchen where it worked fine. Everything else was great and proximity to amenities and El station was great.
"Best kept secret in downtown area."
08/12/15 sfritz55 Shepherd, Michigan
I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Wicker Park Inn. The neighborhood is a busy local one. You are only blocks away from the ELL. only blocks away from dozens of restaurants and bars. The Inn provides fresh fruit and bagels with topping choices at any hour. For breakfast There is Fresh fruit along with pastries. Milk and juice is in the fridge.
"Hotel Rateing"
08/11/15 wantedtrans Linden, New Jersey
The hotel was a really nice hotel. Everything was expected for the amount paid. It was affordable and i would definitely recommend to others. It was a nice area and environment. I really enjoyed the fact that it was close to the whole center.
"Perfect location, nice B&B"
08/09/15 field716 Louisville
We stayed for a long weekend in the Cape Cod room, which is I believe the smallest -- and it was fine. The breakfast was good - plenty of fruit, yogurt, pastries, plus oatmeal, granola bars and cereal ... and there was always something available even past the published b'fast hours. Tea always available as well. The manager/innkeeper was friendly and helpful. I would agree with a previous review that the walls are quite thing ... keep your conversations/activities limited to things you don't mind others hearing! And the train was a bit loud -- but this is a wonderful, well-priced place just a stone's throw from all the fun on Division St and Milwaukee.
"Family"
07/30/15 drtaylor56 Lambertvile, Michigan
Thought the room was reasonably priced as a studio apt. there is a caution regarding the train, but that really was not an issue. I liked the room because it was more spacious than just a bed and bath. A nice touch might be a high seated table and two accompanying chairs. Had a little trouble deciphering the television code. Will come again.
"Great option other than hotel"
07/29/15 Nerad Calgary, AB Canada
If you want to get out of downtown Chicago and experience a little bit of the "real" Chicago, other than the Magnificent Mile, this may be a great option. My son and I were looking for somewhere with easy access to the Loop and Wrigley Field but not in the mess of the core. The Wicker Park Inn offers excellent location in a really neat eclectic neighbourhood. We had the Tuscan room which can sleep 3 and with its own private entrance on the side. Tons of room for what we needed. Chicago Transit (Blue Line) has stops on either side of the WPI, approx 7 or 8 blocks either way (Damen & Division stations). Morning breakfast had a lot of variety and very tasty. Free street parking (with pass from the hostess). Excellent air conditioning to take the heat off on a muggy summer day. One small point to consider if you are a light sleeper: the Blue Line track runs immediately behind the building. I thought it was ambiance but someone else may think otherwise. Lastly, the hostess was very attentive and helpful. She called to make sure we found the location ok and then was happy to provide assistance and tips to get around the city. Overall a short but excellent stay. Maybe one of the best hotel/B&B experiences I've had.
"Great Location !"
07/28/15 JJ2141 Upper Arlington
Stayed in the Garden Apartment across the street from the actual B&B. This doesn't include breakfast which was fine since there are so many great restaurants close by. It was great having a kitchen just to have coffee before heading out and the room itself was roomy and cute. It is important to note that there was a step down going from the bed area to the kitchen and a few steps in the bathroom which could pose a problem if you forgot. I backed up a little bit to have a better vantage point looking in the mirror and I was on the brink! It worked out fine - we just had to be careful. It was so nice staying in Wicker Park, such a cute area to walk around, window shop, and of course great places to eat & drink!