All hotels in Oyster Pond, Sint Maarten
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here144 Oyster Pond Road, Oyster Pond, Sint Maarten, ‏‎800-491-6126

The Westin was a very pleasant stay, with nice rooms and amenities. The beach, pool and grounds are well kept and comfortable. Our room was clean and very nice size. Views change with your cost of the room but even the non beach rooms had balconies and nice views.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
D
"Quick get away"
Had a very nice time. Lovely place. Good food. Not happy about the local beach animals seen in the hotel grounds but they didn't cause any trouble.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
tae
"Best hotel on the Island of St Maarten"
I made this reservation 48 Hours before arrival due to a last minute change in plans. The one night fee was less than anything else I could find. That alone was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I own property on St Maarten and have been coming to the Island since 1985. I used to spend time on the beach where the Westin is now located. It was called "Scavenger" Beach, a part of Dawn Beach and had the best "fish" sandwich on the Insalnd! An abandoned resort damaged in a past hurricaine sat where the Westin is now located. I watched the Westin develop and have wanted to check out the facility. We had a room facing the ocean which was quiet, very well kept with a fantastic view. The staff was very friendly and attentive!. The pool is fantastic with a wonderful "in the pool" bar. We had a poolside lunch that was reasonably priced and very good. I would consider the Westin property the VERY best Hotel property on the Insland. I hope I will be able to stay at the Weestin next year!!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
DrJ
"Not very clean or well maintained."
I booked a room that was described as resort view...it was looking at a concrete retaining wall. Add to that that the bed linens had multiple stains and the room smelled of mold. Additionally the club chairs at the main lobby had disgusting soiled covers that you wouldn't want to even consider sitting on. Basically the facility is poorly maintained, poorly cleaned and poorly managed. The wait staff is also poorly trained and service is slow or non existant. I enjoyed the island but won't be back to this resort.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Keith
"Nice Hotel on Dawn Beach"
Dawn Beach is a nice cove where the Westin is essentially the only hotel/resort on the beach. The views from the ocean front rooms is impressive. The onsite dining options are decent and this is important as there aren't many local options around Dawn Beach. The swimming pool/bar/beach attendants are nice and willing to offer up suggestions if you aren't sure what you want to eat or drink. Sit back, relax, and let the Westin pamper you while you look out over the ocean towards St Barths.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
"Getting old"
The hotel while once terrific is no in need of renovation in terms of bathrooms and hallways.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
DC
"Nice hotel, but poorly run. Had to call for daily"
Had to call for clean towels daily. Bathroom was not properly cleaned. Did not change bed daily. Very disappointed.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
"Great Beach - Great Customer Service"
I stayed here for one night only because my flight was cancelled home and our villa down the beach could not accommodate us another night. I had no idea there was a casino in the lobby with slot machines. Totally not my style. However, the pool and beach were great. Easily got chairs. Customer service was great, followed up to make sure all my room service was as ordered and arrived. Room was large, comfy and clean. Probably could have and should have stayed at a hotel closer to airport though for less money.
1 night trip Jan 22, 2014
"Amazing resort, but poor check in process."
This is a beautiful resort! The hotel has a check in listed for 3:00 pm, and there were many people waiting in the lobby since rooms were not ready at this time. Be prepared to wait if you arrive before 3:00, and are expecting to check in. They do give you full access to the pool so have a swim suit ready to help pass the time while your room is getting cleaned. The resort is spotless, and the view from our room was stunning. The pool areas is very well maintained, and there was no problem getting a place to sit during the busy holiday season. The only other issue we had was with the Champagne Brunch. We had a reservation for noon, and the restaurant was not prepared to seat anyone until 12:30. This was very frustrating for the many people waiting to get seated. Make sure to use the Concierge desk as they are wonderful ladies, and go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. They made all of our dinner reservations for us, and gave excellent driving directions when needed.
2 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"More than we expected!"
Ocean view with balcony was hugh. The crispy spicey tuna roll with a rum drink is a must at the beach bar "Liquid". Staff is spectacular. Accomodations where better then we envisioned.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Fair hotel, but far from anything else."
Very average restaurants. Fortunately the staff warned us what to avoid on the menu. Small casino, rarely very busy. Many dealers were in training and didn't understand the games they were dealing. Average service. The hotel isn't close to much. Room was comfortable, but there weren't enough power outlets. None by the bed or desk. Had to charge devices in the bathroom. Wifi was extremely slow and required entry of (free) passwords over and over and over.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
M.
"Good hotel, but don't try to checkin early."
The hotel is beautiful and the staff is friendly. Unfortunately, I arrived early (because my Cruise ended). I had to wait over 5 hours to checkin. I was finally checked in at 2:00 pm, but had to leave at 6:00 am the next day. I felt like I spent almost $500 dollars for only 16 hours of hotel time. Yikes!
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
"A bad experience there"
I stayed one night before joining a cruise ship. I pack up that morning, took a cab to the ship, and began to unpack when I realized I had left my toiletry bag in the bathroom. I called the hotel and was jockeyed from extension to extension. I left my email address as I would not have phone service on the ship. 2 days later I called the hotel after not hearing back. They told me they were sorry, but it had not turned up. I know where I left it and I now know it has to have stolen. Beware if you stay here.
Other trip Dec 19, 2013
Bobby
"WESTIN-would NOT recommend this hotel!"
Major complaint: every time U passed from the lobby 2 your room U were viciously accosted by women trying 2 force you 2 attend the condo time share presentation-claimed they earn commission. A stay 4 3nights: that attack got old really fast! They were relentless! At least our room was quiet .Tthe maintainence staff was excellent-maid service as well. Food in the restaurant-good and the waitress excellent&friendly. Lobby area extremely noisy, the lobby-bar, located steps from the front door was terrible-bar tenders ignored you, were rude. Checking out: the bar charged us 4 "food" our 1st day: we had none! Tried to straighten it out with the front desk, after 8minutes decided 2 pay. Taxi fares added up;2 go anywhere you need 1, as the Westin is in a remote-hilly area. Unless you are a goat, or in prime physical condition it would be a feat to walk anywhere. Rooms R quite shabby-dirty carpet- very wrinkled, like it was wet many times,sink was cracked, tub was chipped, there were no hooks2hang up clothing/towels in the bath-Open shower sprayed water on the tile floor, with 1mat; U had 2 choose shower or sink. AC didn't cool properly at night, the fan made a noise like a giant mosquito. Maintenance man replaced ours very quickly/He was amazing! Furniture placement made it difficult 2 watch TV/not centered where bed&chair are located /switching desk&TV/dresser would be ideal. We will not recommend this hotel.
3 night trip Dec 7, 2013
J G
Hotel was very nice, staff was very friendly and helpful. The drive out was a little congested and slow but once at the hotel it is beautiful
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
"Romantic Gageaway"
My husband and I had a very lovely week at the Westin St. Maarten, Dawn Beach Resort and Spa. We rented a room with the ocean view and were happy we did so. The staff was very courteous and helpful. If you want to see the island however you either have to rent a car or use taxi services. The taxi service can be expensive if you want to go to the French side. I would definitely return to this resort,
5 night romance trip Sep 12, 2013
"Great value vacation spot"
The hotel was a great value and was a beautiful location. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The beach and pool were beautiful and the hotel looked new and modern. Would recommend this hotel to friends and will return. Very enjoyable experience.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
megan
"Most helpful staff."
My wife and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary and from front desk to room staff to manager all took special interest in making sure our special day was just that. We've received complimentary gifts and upgrades. Wonderful experience at fantastic resort hotel.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"The Westin is fabulous"
From the time I arrived, hotel staff very friendly and professional, the restaurant food was tasty and the casino was loads of fun! The pool area and private beach made for a very relaxing atmosphere. Great location to visit the French or Dutch side in close proximity. I will definitely return. I still want to try out the spa. You may see an occasional tiny ant on the floor and a lizard at the outside eating area, but no worries, you'll love your stay!
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Yvette
"Sea always rough, personal careless. Mold in room"
For the position, the beach is very nice but the sea is always rough. Personal is careless, slow and icky at the restaurant in terrace. Housekeepers are fanciful, once there wasn't toweling robe, sometimes shampoo or towels. in other words, As they wake up. The room smelled of mold.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Pasquale
"Great location but always overcrowded"
Went for a one night business trip. I usually stay there because of location convenience. The restaurant in the lobby service is horrible and of coarse food is overpriced. I waited 45mins for an appetizer and the waiter said its Bc they were busy. I've been here 3xs it's always the same excuse. Reception gets flustered at checking in so many ppl. Hotel is always crowded. Good for them but bad for the client.
1 night business trip Aug 8, 2013
"Older westin , needs updating, STAFF ARE APPAULING"
The staff were terrible, they do not seem empowered to provide the Westin experience I have been used to before, the property does need a little updating, looked a little tired. They have time share for sale there in the hotel, every time we walked past we got accosted by the staff trying to sell us something, it was truly annoying.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Great hotel on the beach"
Helpful friendly staff. Modern styling clean well kept rooms and facilities. Nice pool and beach area. We traveled with our two young boys under five and was a good experience and recommend for families.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"Westin Oyster Pond"
The hotel was okay at best. First, for a Westin standard it did not meet my expectations. Especially booking a ocean front view for my honeymoon. The room was on the first floor and had a high level of humidity from the ocean wind which resulted in a majority of our clothes feeling damp when left out of our suitcases. The service was spotty depending on who we dealt with which was shocking again for a hotel with such a high name in the US. The food had to be the biggest upset. We stopped eating at the hotel after my wife and I tried the breakfast buffet. The meals were over twenty dollars a person, had less quality than a Waffle House, and were lukewarm like they had been sitting our for hours. The few positives from our stay were the nice beach (not the water), the up to date fitness center, and the bed comfort. If I return to St. Martin in the future I will not be staying at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
TJ
"Great Caribbean resort."
Our family had a wonderful time at this resort. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The pool and beach area is simple but nice. The food was overpriced, but decent, and occasionally wonderful.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
dsb
"peaceful"
I went with 23 other women and we had a blast. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The pool and hottub were my favorite. They assisted in making my friends 50th birthday a time to remember.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
buddha
"One night stay in paradise"
We only stayed one night until our timeshare was ready, but it was a good stay. The hotel is immaculate and the pool and beach are beautiful.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
derek
"Beautiful location, has the potential"
I have mixed feelings about the Westin St. Maarten. I felt like the important pieces were there - nice location, beautiful outdoor area which is most important at a resort, good service, attentive staff. Unfortunately we were really disappointed by the food. As other reviewers commented, Mr. Busbys is a nice and cheaper option and just a walk away, but I could not find food that tasted right at either option. Cleanliness is of utmost importance to me. I wouldn't say the Westin's rooms were downright dirty but there were stains on the wallpaper behind the toilet and food wrappers/foreign hairs in the closet and around the furniture. Most importantly, the bed was clean and comfortable. I think there are better ways to "do St. Maarten". The rental property called "Coral Beach" next to Mr. Busby's piqued my curiosity. Staying someplace with a kitchen would cut the cost of the mediocre food at the Westin.
Other trip May 29, 2013
Katie
"Westin: SXM's Finest"
This is my 3rd time staying at the Westin. I used to live on the island for school, so I got to know it pretty well. While its far away from Maho where are the clubs are at and also from Grand Case, where all the restaurants are, it's close enough to Orient Bay on the French side and Philipsburg on the Dutch. I love the Sunday brunch there! It's amazing! Bottomless mimosas, crab legs, oysters, and much more for $50. The pool is beautiful. They have this great, big jacuzzi in the back that you can dip into all night. The beach is beautiful, just windy and has a strong current that goes from right to left. All the way on the right side there's a nice reef right by the shore, so make sure to bring snorkel gear. It's nice because its so close to the shore and if you want, you can let the current take you the length of the beach and you don't have to work hard for it. The rooms are great, especially the ones with ocean view. For the first time I had one and I left the balcony door open and it gave us a relaxing sound all night. Casino is small but no aiming is allowed which is great. Has all the games you need accept roulette and baccarat. Service here is top notch. You really could stay the whole weekend here. I'd definitely come back if I'm ever at SXM again.
1 night trip May 19, 2013
Danny
"excellent hotel great pool and beach"
Staff were extremely friendly and helpfull.Definitely need a car to explore outside of the resort
Other trip May 17, 2013
DiANE
"Perfect Hotel in the Beach"
nice hotel, perfect beach, awesome pool, good, very good experience.
Other trip May 14, 2013
Mariella
"Great vacation"
The staff is very accomodating and helpful. The veiews from the majority of rooms is breathtaking. The pool and beach area is tranquil an dwell maintained and wells taffed. We enjoyed our stay very much, we will be going again.
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
It was just what I was looking for. Very relaxing...The spa was great, too. Louise T. Bertacchi
4 night family trip Apr 18, 2013
"Not enjoyable"
Checked in late in the evening, too tired to check the balconey and view. Although hotel wasn't very full they assigned us a corner room with the smallest balconey in the hotel with no view. The only view was the balconey next to our room. The balconey was so small that the 2 chairs and small table barely fit. This room should only be given out as a last resort with a disclosure that "this room has the smallest balconey in the hotel and the only view is the adjacent balconey." When I asked for room change the response was "we'll keep you in mind" but nothing was done.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"great hotel for quite vacation"
It is a nice quality resort. we were there April 13-20 1013, has nice beach, and clean room. Just the location is a little isolate. To get in and out of hotel one have to drive the very steep ramp, for people have heart diease better go to a easy access resort on the island.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
Cindy
The property is beautiful, in a very remote area. Meal costs seem high. $55 for a Sunday Brunch seems quite high, when normal breakfast buffet is only $7,00. Too pushy on the time share portion of the property.
2 night trip with friends Apr 14, 2013
"Serviceable."
Clean, serviceable. No turn down service, even though requested. Had to ask for things not left in room after cleaning.
Other trip Apr 9, 2013
"Can't wait to come back!"
We had an amazing week at the Westin. Our beachfront view was #1 on our list, and it did not disappoint. We spent many mornings and evenings on our porch just admiring the vista. We had breakfast buffet every morning at Ocean--special shout out to our servers, Melinda, Lilianne, and Simon, who were the sweetest, friendliest people, day after day. Thank you to the manager Dave who helped us work out some tiny issues when we first arrived--they made our stay exceptionally more comfortable. The pool was fantastic--never crowded, we always found four chairs together for the family, and this was spring break. The beach was breathtaking. I had read some reviews that that the water could be rough, but the waves were mild the entire week we were there, and I am not a "strong" swimmer. We even bought masks and snorkels at the gift shop and went snorkeling right on the beach....for hours! Lunch at the "deli" was delivered right to our chairs, whether we were on the beach or at the pool. We rented a car for a few days (there's a table right in the lobby, again, very convenient) and did some sightseeing. Dinner we preferred to eat off the property. Mr Busby's up the hill (a very steep hill--drive if you can) was our favorite. Summary: Loved it, amazing friendly staff, and hope to come back again soon.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"Beautiful Views!"
We only stayed one night as we were on our way to catch a cruise but the hotel was very nice. We were upgraded from a garden view room to an ocean view room when we checked in which was great. The outdoor areas of the hotel, especially the pool and beach area are beautiful and in excellent condition. The outdoor restaurant where we ate breakfast was wonderful and the food was quite good. Overall we thought the hotel was very nice and we would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"WONDERFUL PLACE!!!!"
We loved our stay at the Westin. The staff was outstanding! Phyliss out by the pool was amazingly kind to us our entire stay. Checked on us everyday to make sure everthing was great. Our room was very clean. Had an issue hooking up our portable dvd player to the tv. maintenence came immediatly to see if they could help. We ate at the Wednesday BBQ at Ocean WONDERFULfood and entertainment! We ate at the Arora restaurant several times. WONDERFUL steak and lobster!
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
The hotel and property are very nice and the hotel personnel are extremely friendly and accommodating. They will go out of their way to handle requests that you may make. The only negatives are that the hotel does not provide umbrellas in the pool and beach area and it does get very hot. Also, one cannot comfortably drive a car on that part of the island, especially at night; however, taxi fares are reasonable. We would definetely come back to the hotel and I highly recommend it.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"Choose a different hotel....."
The hotels housekeeping was the worst I have ever experienced. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.The room was not ready when we would come back at 5:30 at night.They left my door unlocked and dirty....
Other trip Mar 9, 2013
I enjoyed myself and liked the hospitality of the hotel
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"Ok business hotel. Great beach."
Typical Westin. Lovely but had a bit of business feel which - as a frequent business traveler - I prefer to avoid when on vacation. Prices in hotel and surrounding area are outrageous. They had no beach toys or beach activities. Chairs and towels were nice and available. Gym was very small and there were no other exercise options (no running or walking). If I return I would likely look elsewhere.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
"A good hotel for all."
They didn't have our reservation when we tried to ckeck in. They did a good job getting things right the next day. We will give them another chance next year. Everythig else was very good.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013
Attitude of the wait staff in the restaurant was disappointing. Although this "don't care" attitude is typical of many of the islands, one would expect a friendlier attitude when staying at a hotel in this price range. Also, its surprising that this hotel allows smoking in the lobby casino.
Other trip Feb 24, 2013
Herb
"Good but expensive."
Pleasant. Excellent pool, small beach. Very clean. Good but expensive restaurants. Overall quite happy.
Other trip Feb 21, 2013
"anniversary trip"
Great getaway for our 20 th anniversary. The view at poolside is awsome.great beaches and friendly staff. To me, the hotel and rooms need a little upgrading. Cracks in the ceilings, old caulking in room and no detail to cleanliness.....max at the ocean restaurant helped me with a private beach dining table for latenight wine and deserts which was wonderful. Also visited Anguilla and St. Barth, beautiful as well. The dinghey dock bar was great and the westin hooked us up with a private driver, Van Mccoy to drive us around Anguilla. Van was wonderful. verall the stay was great. Lots of memories.....
Other trip Feb 15, 2013
bo
"its just ok - not worth the price"
Great front desk staff. Poor restaurant staff, rude and slow or nice and slow. Nice big pool. Pretty beach. Really pretty bay. But the tides and currents made it my least favorite beach to visit. The room was ok. nice big bathroom. didn't provide shampoo or shower gel - probably just an oversight.
Other trip Feb 11, 2013
Jesse
"Very comfortable and convenient resort"
The service was great, the was very good and reasonably priced. Overall very comfortable. The scenery is excellent. No complaints.
3 night romance trip Jan 2, 2013