All hotels in Carteret, New Jersey, United States of America
30 Minue Street, Carteret, NJ, 07008, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Night away"
Morning of my check out my boyfriend and I were awaken by awful screaming and chanting of some kind of religious worshiping. Not only was it early in the morning. But when my boyfriend went to the front desk to complain about the rediculous noise, the staff member said there was nothing they can do. I had enough and left early because I couldnt take the repetitive chanting. It was scary after a while and made my experience very uncomfortable.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Getaway"
Nice and relaxed
1 night trip Jan 12, 2015
"Quick Getaway"
Definitely enjoyed my stay! Nice relaxing 3 days. I needed a quick getaway and this olace definitely exceeded my expectations. Room was very clean and the front desk was pleseant. Will be returning again soon!
2 night trip Jan 13, 2015
Kiymara
"Scary dirty"
We did not stay. The room was scary dirty. The people were nice, returned our money.
1 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2015
"It meets all the widgets at a good price."
Clean, good prices, good breakfast, professional male staff (female staff members were rude). Overall, a good hotel.
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
"Nice Hotel overall"
Breakfast was filling ! And the staff was very friendly. The facility was very clean.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
It was clean and nice. It's s nice hotel for the price. It's worth it
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
alash
My stay at the Hotel Executive Suites was GREAT. The best part was the sleep number bed, it was like heaven. Best sleep I've gotten in a long time. Everything was clean, Service was great, breakfast was delicious. Definitely will be back
Response by Hotel Executive Suites
Thanks for your posting. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Milissa
"Hotel stay"
Hot breakfast with eggs and sausage. Dublin Bar downstairs has decent food. In the room refrigerator did not work and the blinds allowed decent amount of light in still (I was working nights). Will charge $30 for early check in.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
"Mediocre experience"
The handy men were responsive and fixed the phones. The desk staff young and Semi-friendly/helpful.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Nice hotel, fair rate"
We spent one night (dad, mom, and tow kids) on our way somewhere else and it was much better than others we tried during our trip in a similar price range. Nice and clean room, people ok, breakfast, gym, internet.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Jackie
"Worst stay ever"
Worst stay I've ever had. Was woken up early in the morning by a church singing group that meets there. No idea why they would allow a group to sing across the hallway from people who are sleeping. On top of this the breakfast was gross & the floor was sticky. Would not recommend.
Response by Hotel Executive Suites
We apologize if any guest has been inconvenienced by the small local church group which meets at our hotel mid Sunday morning. Its start is meant to coincide with the last opening hour of breakfast, and most hotel guests are already up and out by then. We have since moved the church group to a corner of the hotel where their presence will be unnoticed.
1 night business trip Jan 3, 2015
"Business stay in Newark area"
Nice accommodations for the money - staff friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable and room had everything I needed. Food in restaurant was good and priced right. Other than having Dish network, which I don’t care for, everything was fine.
Response by Hotel Executive Suites
Glad you liked your stay! One important note: Comcast HD cable with many many entertainment channels are in the guest rooms, Dish Network with great sports programming is in the public areas of the hotel and restaurant.
1 night business trip Dec 29, 2014
"Nice hotel, convenient location"
Stayed at this hotel after a long New Years eve celebration. Arrived around 4am, lobby was nice looking and clean. Staff at check in was very pleasant, no issues. Room was clean and attractive, somewhat typical of its price point. Beds were comfortable, everything worked, no complaints. Would definitely recommend a stay.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Do not waste your money"
I stayed at this hotel twice when it was the Ramada Inn. I was thinking the hotel would be the same and it was not. The beds were smaller, the towels were ragged and rough, the sofa in the king room did not have a mattress in it and the sofa was not made of cloth, and the floor was dirty along with the two chairs in the room. The breakfast was not good. The yogurt was in a big bowl, there were gnats flying around, and the sausage was made of low grade meat. I would suggest you stay at Home2 Suites by the Hilton located in Linden, NJ. Granted it is not right off the highway like this hotel but the service and cleanliness would be better.
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
The bed is comfortable and the room is very nice for the price
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Great experience , very comfortable hotel. Enjoyed my stay, I will be back.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
"Excellent bed, poor breakfast"
Good location right off the NJ Turnpike, in an industrial area. An in hotel restaurant was the only real option in the area. The bed was a sleep-number bed and was the best bed we ever had in a hotel. The room was large and comfortable. However, the complementary breakfast was far below the quality and variety that other hotels provide.
2 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
stewart
"Stay only if you have business in Carteret"
The sleep number bed did not work. They neglected to give me a wake up call when I asked. The hotel was fine otherwise but next to the busiest interstate in NJ- There is nothing around except myriads of trucks. You're stuck eating at their less than stellar restaurant.
2 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"SEAMLESS!"
I needed an immediate last minute place to stay. Using the Hotels.com app I was able to browse hotels in the area quickly and book a great hotel. I accidentally booked the following day but the hotel concierge was amazing and helped to check me in on the day I needed without any run around. THANK YOU!
1 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2014
Bianca
I staid on the 12th Floor and all I heard was the motor to the elevator all night... and it only it worse in the morning as more people started to use it.... NO refrigerator and NO microwave in the room!!
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
My stay was good. Hotel was nice. Room was clean. I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"The bar attached to the hotel kind of ruins it."
We checked into Hotel Executive Suites fairly late for a single night stay and while the staff was friendly and helpful, the bar attached to the hotel kind of ruined the atmosphere. The door between the two establishments was open and loud dance music was bleeding over into the hotel space. Some patrons were using the lobby as an extension of the bar space. The hotel seemed fairly nice, but the bar's sleazy vibe kind of took over and tainted the rest of the experience for us. After checking in we found the room, which was serviceable. It could have been cleaner and in better condition, but it wasn't terrible. We tried to order room service (which was run through the bar), but we couldn't get a hold of anyone down there. Eventually, we went down and ordered from the counter and brought it back up to our room. The food was terrible. Seriously, I didn't know it was possible to mess up tater tots. The continental breakfast was good the next morning. I probably wouldn't stay here again, but I think if the bar attached to the hotel was a marginally better place our experience would've been better. I don't think we'd be rushing back here either way, but it would've fallen into an 'ok, but not memorable' category instead of 'kind of bad.'
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Great overall experience"
We needed several shuttle transfers to and from the airport during our stay. The hotel was always very accommodating. The rooms were nice, clean and modern. Good selection of channels on TV. Nice pub/sports bar in lobby. Decent complimentary breakfast.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"NICE"
Everything was great except the shower went cold both mornings.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Not in a good location"
Had to wait a long time to get checked in. They were short staffed. Room was comfortable. Breakfast was fair. Location was bad. Quiet a distance from airport. Free shuttle. The driver was pleasant and helpful. Make sure you don't pay extra for the microwave and refrigerator.
cd
"Nice luxurious hotel!"
When I booked the hotel I was not expecting at all what I found in the hotel. At the moment you enter the lobby you see a nice decorated area. The lobby staff is attentive and seems happy to receive you. And the room has every single thing you need. It has nothing to envy a marriot or a hilton. I felt so happy about booking this hotel and would not doubt getting a reservation again.
edmundo
"Great airport hotel"
Not much to do in the neighborhood and a cab ride away from anywhere with things to do. However, if you just need a night near the airport you can't do much better. Free shuttle, comfortable beds and a full breakfast buffet included in the room cost of less than $100.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Gayle
"Not to shabby"
Bit noisy due to both the distribution center and I95 that border the hotel. Other then that great sleep number bed and room
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2014
"Awesome stay!"
beds were so comfortable! awesome room, very big spacious and nice! only issue was probably the lighting but other than that no complaints! amazing customer service
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Janany
"Weekend Getaway"
It was really good clean hotel room, really liked that you could adjust the bed electronically. The staff were very nice and took care of my special request which was great! Would stay here again!
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
Rajesh
"Good for a night stay"
We were disappointed with the shuttle pick up as we had been waiting at the airport for 1.30 hr. So, when we arrived to the hotel, I scheduled the shuttle for the next day to make sure that everything will be on time. Our room was okay, but the mattress was very comfortable. The towels were too old and a bit dirty with some black stain on them. Internet was too slow. Breakfast was much better than we expected. The shuttle driver in the morning was so polite and helpful, he suggested us going to Rahway station instead of EWR to get airtrain to Manhattan.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2014
"Good for a stop over"
The Hotel fit my budget and location needs. The beds and room were comfortable, it was not overly done but better then basic. Breakfast was included, and was just OK. Eggs and sausage were good, there was no fruit or yogurt or water. It is close to the NJ Turnpike perfect for commuting. The staff was pleasant.
2 night family trip Oct 30, 2014
perri
"Great hotel close to the airport"
We arrived later than we anticipated. The receptionist was pleasant and the room was ready. The room is clean, the floor was quiet, the only complaint I had was about the bed. It was surprisingly a sleep number bed. I heard only good things about that type of bed, however, our bed did not adjust in number on either side. To be fair, I'm sure if we called down and spoke to the front desk, they might've changed the room, but it was late, we were tired and we didn't - so that was on us...otherwise I would reiterate, the room is clean, very close to Newark airport, and we would definately give it another try.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Rachelle
"Great stay, great price"
Great as always,every time I stay here.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
Complimentary breakfast. Next to highway. Clean rooms. Decent price.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Nguyen
Bed sheets were moist and kept itching through the night. I suspect bed bugs.
Response by Hotel Executive Suites
We apologize that you had a less than stellar stay, but we can assure you we have none of the problems that you mention. We have a team of specialists who regularly check the guest rooms for any issues.
Other trip Oct 24, 2014
The staff was great and friendly we had sleep number beds in our rooms that was awesome. Every thing was great
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
linda
"Do not stay here"
I arrived later in the evening after an hour and a half drive and sick as a dog. The girl at the desk was on a personal phone call, barely said 2 words to me, handed me an envelope without telling me my room number, and directions for anything. I went upstairs and opened the door to the room number written on my key card envelope to find someone already asleep in the bed. I startled this poor woman awake and had to apologize and explain that I had just been given the key to the same room that she was booked in. I had to go back down to the desk for the girl to barely apologize and just handed me a new key. Nothing else. When I checked out in the morning there was another girl at the desk that asked if I was checking out, typed my my invoice, handed it to me, and said nothing else. No have a nice day, nothing. I will never stay here again!
Response by Hotel Executive Suites
We must apologize to you and can completely understand your feelings regarding your recent stay. Unfortunately there major personal issues that our front desk coworker was having during those days when you stayed with us. She has since left working at the property.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Jen
"Okay hotel for short stays"
It was our first time visiting New York city and staying at the Hotel Executive Suites. Hotel is located in a small town named Carteret, NJ right by the Turnpike highway. When I was booking this hotel, I knew that hotel was a little far from New York City but was not aware that it would be such a hassle to go back and forth to NYC from this hotel. We spent about 3 hours per day for commute. Hotel does provide shuttle service to airport as well as to the train station but their shuttle runs once every hour. I did not find that convenient and ended up spending a lot of money in taxi and train fares. Hotel staff is overall nice. It was great to have hot breakfast everyday but they have a fixed menu for the breakfast 7 days a week which makes it monotonous. The room we stayed in was neat and clean. We did get a coffee maker, microwave and a small fridge in the room which was nice. However, hotel does not provide a water jug or a bottle of water in the room when you arrive which was a little odd. When I asked for a the water jug I was told that hotel does not provide any water jugs and that my options were either purchase a bottle of water from the vending machine or from the front desk or use the tap water in the bathroom which I did not like at all. This hotel will not be a prefer accommodation for me if I go to New York again in the future.
Response by Hotel Executive Suites
Thanks for your comments. Please note that we offer pick up and drop off on demand to Newark Airport and shuttle guests three times daily to the nearby NJ Transit Rail. At those times when a shuttle is not available the taxi is less than $10 for up to 4 people. Rail fare to Penn Station NY is also under $10 one way and less than $5 for kids and seniors. Our snack pantry offers a great selection of food and beverages, including bottled water, sodas, juices, iced Starbucks coffees, all at nominal prices for our guests 24/7 convenience.
6 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
"OVERNITE STAY"
very clean comfortable hotel with attentive hotel staff a little out of the way but i chose it because of good price on hotels .com
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
PZ
"Nice and clean hotel close to Newark Airport"
nice clean hotel close to EWR and NY, attractive price compare quality
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Janusz
"Convenient Hotel"
Spent one night. Hotel is well maintained and very clean. Very convenient to 95. Only downside is the neighborhood. I will stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Ok."
The room was nice and clean although we had to change rooms after the first one offerred smelled of cigarrettes (non smoking room). The breakfast was very poor in comparison with the other hotels in the same level that we attended in our trip.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
sagi
"9/18/14 stay"
Location is in an industrial area off the NJ turnpike but very easy to get to. Free self park which was pretty crowded by 9 Pm. Front desk lady was great she was so friendly and helpful because she offered to print my excel spreadsheets when I am having issues at the business center. Rooms were nice, had a microwave and fridge. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Food was not so good. Breakfast buffet was not so"
overall a good hotel aside from food. It was over cooked or under cooked.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
"not a bad place to stay the night"
Went here for the night because of business. Everything was clean (which is very important to me) and the beds were comfortable. If you wake up early the breakfast is pretty good, a lot better than other places (real eggs, and okay coffee). Wouldn't recommend this place for a date night however if your traveling and are willing to spend the extra few bucks, this place is where it's at. There is a bar attached to it (never went in) and it looked like it was pretty hoppin. All in all, I would stay here again without a doubt.
1 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
I was very comfy and settle it's quite from other guest. The service was nice and place very clean, just no excitement in the breakfast that was included but will returned again.
3 night romance trip Aug 26, 2014
"Nice Hotel, almost there but not quite"
I arrived late in the evening, and left in the morning, so really did not stay long. Choose this hotel before reaching the busy city and the high hotel prices, but I guess I should have chosen one of the known chains instead. This one is trying to run it like one of them but still not quite there yet.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Huseyin
"Nice hotel but..,,"
Nice hotel for the price but cleaning staff needs to vaccum hall on 3. And mop the bathroom floor The hotel is a good deal for the price but looks like the cleanliness is falling off. Which would be ashame because it a nice hotel. Breakfast was great too.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014