All hotels in Carteret, New Jersey, United States of America

• Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad pool
"No internet"
Checked in for a few days but had to change hotel with in 24 hours because wireless internet does not work at all. And, they don't have wired internet. When I pointed out to the front desk personnel that their website mentions of wireless internet capability, I was told - WiFi was only complementary and they cannot ensure something which was put down as complementary. They were obviously unapologetic and clearly rude. For the time being, the hotel management should ensure that their website says they don't have internet.
Other trip Sep 25, 2015
"Negative. Pls. Don't choose it hotel. Newer"
I get pain stomach after they breakfasts. Be care full.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
Natalia
"Cockroaches in this hotel"
In the middle of the night I went to the washroom and was greeted by a group of ROACHES! I spoke to guest services and all they would do is spray the room with raid (great toxic raid while you sleep). I'm waiting now 4 days to hear back from Hotels.com about what they are going to do about it. The hotel said they can't do anything for me - that it is up to hotels.com
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
Ryan
"my stay at hotel executive"
comfortable
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
janet
"Great value"
Excellent customer service, friendly and accommodating
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Rosemary
"An elegant gate away"
Elegant, clean,classy!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
May
"Disappointing Stay. Will not return."
Poor location, but convenient to turnpike. Pros: adequate breakfast, room clean. Cons: not a "suite" (small room w/old sofa bed). Fridge broken, bed controls broken (question this was a Sleep Number), mattress painfully rock hard. Room adjoined another and heard everything through wood door. Staff seemed only mildly interested in room issues. Hotel fees/taxes on booking and extra "energy fee" on check in made this hotel unreasonably priced.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Marilyn
"It was fine"
It was fine. There were no restaurants in the area but was a nice late night refuge. I tripped on the worn carpet in the lobby first thing when I arrived and noticed spots covered by duct tape. There was no blow dryer but there was an empty spot in the wallpaper where it used to be. Also, the waffle makers weren't working so breakfast was disappointing for the children. I can see that the hotel used to be beautiful though. It's just a bit worn.
1 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Marcia
"very clean hotel"
was a short but nice stay
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Donald
"Good hotel, but somewhat remote"
We stayed there two nights, two weeks apart. This is an older hotel, well-kept, overall very nice, the hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean. On our second stay we noticed some maintenance issues, e.g. one lamp did not work, other lamps were pretty wobbly, the bathtub drained extremely slowly, the shower took a very long time to get hot, and my bed had only one pillow, which was so thick, it felt like sleeping on an inflated balloon. The hot breakfast was good. The hotel is about a 20-25-minute drive from the airport, somewhat isolated, with no restaurants within walking distance. If you have no car, you are restricted for dining to the hotel restaurant, which has a limited menu. For the price this is a good choice for a short stay.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
"Very bad"
The door lock wasn't working, the bed linens were all wrinkled and I couldn't figure out if they were washed. The "white towels" were more like "yellow towels", and on and on and on.
Other trip Sep 11, 2015
Emil
"Nice room at a fair price."
Nice clean room. Close to interstate 95 but quiet.
1 night family trip Sep 3, 2015
"NYC Business Trip"
Fairly close to the city. Not a bad place to stay for a few nights.
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
Ok, but people were screaming during the night. It was hard to sleep.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"Better Hotels Nearby"
Stayed here for NYC trip. The pictures online sort of make this hotel look better than it actually is. It's located in the middle of "nowhere" in the sense that it's surrounded by commercial warehouses. The surrounding area however does not look dangerous though, just a typical warehouse area. The hotel is modern and the lobby is typical for a 3 star hotel. There are restrooms in the lobby with a few TV's on the left hand side. We were surprised to hear that they charge an 8 dollar a day Energy Surcharge on top of your taxes and fees. So be prepared to shell out that fee. The hotel offers everything a hotel should offer. However, if you are booking a double room, the beds are NOT queen size beds. They are the standard beds so even 2 people on a bed are tight and you don't really sleep comfortable. They don't offer any airport transportation from what we could see but we didn't need it as we had rental cars. The free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, waffles, potatoes, oatmeal along with bread, cream spread, coffee, orange juice, and cereal. Overall if no more than 2 people stay in a room, it should be fine but 2 to a bed would not be a good idea. From NYC, the average time traveling took us about 45 minutes. You sort of have to look at how much its going to cost you to go in and out of NYC every day to see if paying for a hotel outside the city is worth it. The lincoln tunnel for example costs 14 dollars every time you go into it.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
V
I would definitely not stay here again, beds are too small, outdated rooms, stains on carpet in the room we stayed.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
L
Good overall, but limited choice when it comes to breakfast.
Other trip Aug 23, 2015
Clean, comfortable and great service. Staff was very accommodating, included hot breakfast buffet which was perfect for family on a budget.
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Decent hotel, some issues"
$30 for early check-in. Room was decent but door had major issues. At one point, it couldn't be opened, then it couldn't be locked and then it couldn't be opened again. Minor hassle but inconvenient nonetheless. Would not stay there again, surely can do better for this rate. Oh, the "sports bar" is closed on Sundays - go figure!
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Binoy
"Not what I expected"
The Hotels.com website said there will be a sofabed and also had one in the picture shown, however when I arrived there was NO sofabed. The room was also hot and the beds seemed smaller than should be.
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
"HORRIBLE HOTEL"
STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL This is the first hotel that charge me a "Energy surcharge" fee as additional charge when checking out even though everything was prepaid in Hotels.com. I had an argument with the attendant regarding this and she told me that that was advised in my reservation AND THERE IS NOT SUCH A THING IN MY RESERVATION. Besides: - The first night we were given a room which had problems with the bathtub and the TV didn't work - The second night we were changed to another room and this one had cracks in the ceiling. -I asked for an extra bed which they offered along with a Box and charged $10. but they brought just the mattress (no box) and still charged the $10. - The breakfast is perfect if you want to increase your Cholesterol and triglycerides levels. I WON'T COME BACK EVER
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
JOSE
"You'll need GPS to find it"
Wifi didn't work. Otherwise, the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Next to the NJ Turnpike, but no nearby stores or eateries.
1 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
Dennis
"The internet at this hotel doesn't work!"
Don't go there if you need the Internet since it doesn't work! Hotel staff had no idea what to do and didn't change room for us. She recommended that we go to the 2nd level business center to use the Internet...
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Was good
1 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
caridad
"Decent hotel to spend a night"
Nice hotel.. The suite seems a lot bigger in the photos
1 night trip Aug 15, 2015
Ali
Mold in shower paper thin walls could hear neighbors like they are standing in the room with you. Neighborhood is surrounded with power lines and oil tanks.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Average"
This hotel is average. Beds were small, no pool and breakfast was average.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Veronica
"A pleasant surprise in a convenient location"
public spaces at hotel a bit worn but room was extremely clean and comfortable with a sleep number bed, refrigerator etc
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Good value for money"
Good value for money, with good breakfast. Pillows were a litte uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Shoaib Malik
"It is a great experince"
The hotel location, price and staff are great, however, I guess it is only a 3-star hotel not a 3 and 1/2
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Wadee
"Nice hotel but no restoran have"
Problem no have food have bar but serve food from mikrowawe disaster and plus expensive and what is important you can't eat still have to pay
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Clean room"
Breakfast was over crowd, but overall good place to stay.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Expectations met"
I was looking for a clean, comfortable, safe room to spend a night in at a reasonable price and I got what I wanted. The included breakfast and Internet were both of acceptable quality. The free shuttle to/from EWR was also a nice plus. You need to allow extra time as they only run once/hour (at least on weekends). Overall a good experience.
Marco
"Even worse the second time!!!!"
This was our second time staying in a week and needless to say it was even worse then the first. Now mind you that we only stayed the second time because i couldn't find another hotel within the price range i was looking to spend. Upon arrival we noticed that we had paid for a double bedroom and was thrown into a king with a pull out couch that was torn and tattered without a sheet or blanket. Once again they didn't have enough wash cloths or towels for the number of people in my room which was 3 what was the purpose of asking how many guest would be here if they weren't gonna have those in place. The staff was very uncaring when it came to my feelings about this hotel. We only stayed here because the reviews for so very good and idk where they stayed but it couldn't have possibly been the same hotel we stayed. Breakfast area is spacious but the food was just average sausage was over cooked and i arrived when they first opened the door, the grits were very watery and no flavor bagels were old and hard orange juice was watery and so was the apple juice, cereal was old and their was a fly in the froot loop one. Needless to say we will not be staying here again. I sure hope that expedia will post my honest review of this establishment so other guest are aware of what they are getting for their money.
Lunden
"The Room"
I stayed at The Hotel Executive Suites for R&R. The bed (Select Number Bed) was awesome! The room was very clean...
Vanilah
"Good comfortable and clean helpful staff"
good nice clean close to highways good internet helpful staff Reasnoble price rat easy check in and check out I will recommend this hotel to my friends . Accecabl good communication breakfast very good Good comfortable and clean helpful staff next time in my visit I will reserve Sam hotel
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
essa
"Just Okay"
I spent one evening at this hotel on August 7th. Check-in was quick. Hotel is in need of a tremendous update. Our room was very small for four people. Wallpaper was peeling. Their double beds are not comfortable for two people to share. It's a bigger than a twin but not quite a full bed. Cable cut off every hour and while the bathroom was being used. Be careful going in and out the shower. The angle could result in falling. Only selected outlets in the room worked. This hotel has a restaurant in the lobby that serves food until midnight. The food was great and affordable. I give the restaurant 4 stars. I probably won't use this hotel again unless it's the only one available when I come back to Jersey.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Fab
We stayed here for 1 night when traveling to Virginia Beach. Staff was very friendly, easy on/off for the highway. Wasn't thrilled with the food at the restaurant but the waitress /bartender (forgot her name) was wonderful.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Robin
"Looks may be deceiving"
Arrived at 3 for check in was told the room wasn't ready mind u the sent me an email stating it would be. Waited almost 35 extra minutes go up 2 the room the bed was hard as hell, sheets looked unclean found an old potato chip bag under the pull out sofa along with a old toothbrush asked for a blanket around 5:00 left and returned around 7:00 to be told oh were all booked up and we have no extra blankets are you serious the hot water wasnt working the pillows were travel size this was the worse experience ever
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Lunden
"1 night , close to Newark"
needed a hotel for one night, i was driving from DC and flying from Newark. Its reasonably priced, has wifi (although in our room didnt work).
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
juan
We had a really nice time here! The staff was great and we loved the bar - drinks and food were both good. They have a new drink menu that was fabulous. The only minor problem was that the sleep number bed didn't work but overall I was pleasantly surprised.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Alexandra
Close to Highway,Stores,and Eatery.Excellent location.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Room was nice and clean."
Breakfast was terrible but the hotel was nice to stay ...
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Very peaceful. Will definitely stay there again
2 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Good."
This was a quick place to spend the night on the way home. It was worth the price! The beds are adjustable by number, it was nicely AC-ed, and the front desk girl was SO nice. My only dislike was that the comforter looked a bit run down, bathroom tub didn't look very on point, but it was good - not enough for me to run away :) The breakfast was a bit bland with some eggs, sausage, and toast. They didn't have Lavazza from what I couldn't tell, and that was disappointing since it's a great coffee and I saw that in the pictures.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Sara
It was a great stay. Had a little trouble at the airport pick-up only because there were other customers who didn't call the hotel and they only provided a minivan instead of the shuttle. waiting time is good but it would be nice to let customers know since I didn't know this Hotel is a little further out from the airport and waiting time is about 20-30 min, depending on traffic. Otherwise Loved it, even the food served at breakfast.
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
claudia
"Lovely Quarters For A Budget Conscious Traveler"
My booking was solely for rest and relaxation. The establishment is serene in nature and was totally conducive to achieving that goal. The accommodations were adequately comfortable; spacious king room was tidy, and an attentive staff aimed to please. Overall, my stay was enjoyable and a bargain to boot.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
L.S.
"It was fine!"
Asked front desk for first aid and they said there was no kit in the hotel. Definitely goes against OSHA requirements. Oh yea, there's no pool.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
"Average hotel with bad wifi and breakfast"
While the quality of the rooms was okay, the promised wifi access was unusable (low speed and disconnects every few minutes). The breakfast was very bad - boring sliced break, and some fruit. I don't think I would use this hotel again.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Jakob
The room is cozu and clean. Breakfast is good too. The location is convenient. Overall good value choice.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015