All hotels in Newport, Oregon, United States of America
232 SW Elizabeth St, Newport, OR, 97365, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Thanksgiving Getaway"
We stayed o for three nights during Thanksgiving. The room was clean and we had a terrific view. They cut back on service during the holiday and we volunteered to limit our service to towel exchanges and trash emptying. We were very comfortable and didn't feel rushed to get out of the room. We had a maintenance person come up to unplug the shower drain. He came up quickly and the shower worked fine after that. We loved the complimentary salmon chowder and cookies in the lobby. The complimentary breakfast was not as good as in the past. Fresh fruit choices were very green bananas and apples. We have stayed on four previous occasions. This time the room was smaller with a very well worn couch and no coffee table. Don't know if it was because rooms were limited during this time period or it was because we went through a discount service. We had previously stayed by booking direct and using an auto club membership. The previous rooms were a lot nicer though this one was okay but not for the price. The Elizabeth Street Inn has a very good reputation here in the Pacific Northwest. We'll give them another try down the road.
3 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
Every thing was great!! We will return !! Thank you !!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Loved this place!"
My family had a great time here. Excellent location on the beach. Amazing views. We had a 2 queen room- larger than I expected. We loved the fireplace, the views, the saline pool, the free salmon chowder and the warm cookies at night.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Kris
Fantastic. Relaxing and very inviting. We especially liked the saline pool, proximity to the beach, and balcony to watch the ocean.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
The room was great! It's spacious yet very cozy, with a fireplace, and a great view of the ocean. The staff is friendly and helpful.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Decent hotel not quite hitting its desired marks"
Unfortunately, you must walk through the lower parking lot to get to the pool. I'm sure that's fine in summer but not in the off season (we traveled with a two year old while my husband was doing business). The breakfast was not as good as some lesser priced hotels...skip the weird egg squares and bland waffle mix, as well as the under ripe bananas. Furthermore, be prepared for the s l o w e s t elevator you have ever experienced and ripped carpet in your room.
"Fond memories"
My family always enjoys our trips to the Elizabeth Street Inn. For some reason, this time the elevator's pace struck me as more problematic than ever before, although I know they are building a second one, which probably can't come soon enough. I appreciate the homey feel of the Inn, and particularly love the things that make it stand out -- the salmon chowder at 5, the cookies at night. I sort of miss the scones they used to have in the morning, as the complimentary breakfast, while great, made it more like so many other hotels (I forgive them for this though, as it was a good breakfast). My wife and kids love the experience (they especially appreciated that the sinks were outside the bathroom, so they could get ready while another was in the restroom. One thing that was interesting -- I was in room 100, which was a good room, but I was trying to work on the couch, and there was no light on that side of the room by the balcony doors. Not a major issue, by any means, but odd based on the hotels I had been to recently. We'll still be back - we love the place too much not to return!
Shawn
"Great location and room, staff & cleaniness poor"
We had three people registered for the room. My son was not coming until the middle of the night. We were promised that they would have a key waiting for him & wrote down his name but when he came they wouldn't let him in & he had to communicated through a locked door until one of us came down to verify that he was OK to come in. I feel that waking us up to let him in was very poor. The attitude of the receptionist was poor as well. When she saw that the room was reserved via "a third party" Expedia, she was less friendly. The room was unclean. There was hair in the sink & on the counters & cobwebs hanging from the celling fan.
Trisha
"The view was excellent room nice and big."
We had a fireplace balconey and the room was nice and big. It had a couch to set on with a table and chair to write at. A microwave, refrigerator. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, cereal, biscuits etc. The only down fall was in my opinion was the elevator was hydraulic so it was very slow but if your on vaction I guess you need to slow down some.
"All around Outstanding!!"
We loved everything about The Elizabeth Street Inn! So beautiful, right on the Ocean, Complimentary cookies at night and breakfast in the morning, free keurig coffee in the room, had a fireplace and tv had a dvd player. They had movies for rent in the lobby. Everyone was kind and attentive, parking garage was great! We had ZERO complaints and will definitely be choosing this place next time we are in Newport!
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
Tasha
"Nothing beats an ocean view"
Thoroughly enjoyed having a room with an ocean view. Actually, I think all the rooms are ocean view. The hot continental breakfast met expectations as did all of the amenities provided in the room and in the hotel. Unfortunately we were only prepared to stay for one night. Next time, we will stay longer.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Nice hotel, beautiful ocean view."
Beautiful rooms, ocean view is great, close to shops and restaurants.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
M
"Awesome View"
We found the staff very pleasant. We had a 2nd floor room, and the temperature in the room was very warm! Our stay was at the end of October, with very stormy/cold weather, even so, the room was VERY warm. There was some wear and tear in the room, a few stains on the carpet, and the sink was a bit worn. Other than those details, the stay was nice, the view was very good.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Tammy
"Great view facing the ocean!"
The room was very clean and had all we needed. The windows all faced the ocean, which is what we wanted. I feel it was a bit overpriced though. We had stayed at 4 other places as we made our way south on the coast, and all were less expensive than this one. There was nothing to warrant the extra cost.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Lani
"Finally dumped our usual beach hotel"
We have stayed in a rival hotel at the Oregon coast for many years because they welcomed dogs. But we were sick of never being offered any discounts, broken room fixtures and screaming children in the pool area. So we tried Elizabeth Street Inn and we LOVED it. In fact we already have reservations for another stay in November. This place is smack dab on the beach, there's a nice breakfast offering, snacks at 5pm, cookies at 8pm, friendly staff, terrific bed and a nice pool and spa, although a bit out of the way. For adults seeking a quiet, well-kept and convenient Newport hotel, I highly recommend Elizabeth Street Inn.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Sue
We enjoyed our quick one night stay. The only detraction is the very slow elevator that everyone has to use. Otherwise great.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Rachel
"Excellent view of the Pacific waves"
Room has very useable balcony with chairs and table. Rooms are quiet, hardly any "other" guest noises. Single cup coffee and tea maker was a very nice amenity. Fridge and microwave in room. Got a little warm in room with balcony door closed, but cooled quickly with ocean breezes.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Texas couple happy with Elizabeth St. Inn"
The Elizabeth St. Inn was a great place to stay, and the service was first class. Clean, nice room, covered parking, helpful staff, right on the beach, I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Newport area of the Oregon Coast.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Excellent views, fantastic service. Room slightly older/worn, but completely comfortable, extremely clean. Loved the fireplace, the private balcony, the fresh cookies, the view, and the breakfast :)
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great Weekend Stay!"
The smoked salmon chowder and cookies in the lobby was a nice touch. We will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Charming inn on the beach"
Loved the hospitality and location of this charming inn right on the ocean. Management upgraded our room because of our anniversary. They also left a bottle of sparkling cider, two wine glasses, and a card. Unfortunately, while on vacation I came down with a cold and Rosemary at the front desk fixed me right up with hot chowder. Loved the personal attention. Loved the view of the sunsets, the spouting gray whales, the Yaquina Head Lighthouse all from our private balcony. Very romantic.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Great view of beach"
Hotel, staff and location very nice. NO air conditioning in rooms???????????
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"Hotel Not What it Use to Be"
Pros: Excellent Location overlooking Pacific. Good salmon chowder and cookies in the evening. Cons: Hotel has declined since we stayed there two years ago. The room was dusty and had cobwebs. The breakfast was square egg patties and tasteless sausage. The biscuits were good, but the sausage gravy was lukewarm to cold. In previous years they had scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon, sausage gravy, biscuits, waffles and pancakes. Sadly that is a thing of the past. For a good breakfast go elsewhere. This excellent hotel needs a complete overhaul.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Amazing view! Beautiful beach. And, walking distance to many local attractions.
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
JB
This property was fantastic! From the staff at the front desk, breakfast room and room attendants, were better than the average. The property was very clean, and not clutter. The chowder, fresh baked cookies and breakfast were a very welcome touch.
2 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Shari Shell
"Peacefully quiet rooms with a view of the ocean"
Slept well each night. Spent most of my time away from the hotel at a retreat.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Very nice view over wide beach. Several good restaurants within walking distance. Room very nice with balcony and chairs. Quiet. Better than average breakfast choices and quality.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Beautiful ocean view."
Comfortable room with beautiful ocean view. Needs some redecorating as sofa, etc getting tired looking. But very clean and nice floor plan with living room and kitchen area. Cookies were wonderful in evening and breakfast sufficient. Staff very friendly.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Excellent place for family vacation"
We stayed at the Elizabeth St. Inn as the first night of our 3-night tour up the coast of Oregon. We had been here before many years ago and it was still the best! Beds were super comfortable, furnishings are first class, we enjoyed the microwave and fridge in our room so we could feed the kids their special-diet foods instead of eating out. The kids LOVED the pool especially! The beach is close by. Also there is a brand-new city park playground only one block away, that has the tallest tube slide I've ever seen, the kids loved that too.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
"A very comfortable hotel with a fantastic view"
My wife and I and 2 friends and their dog had a very comfortable get away recently. With only two days off, the location of the Elizabeth Street provided easy access to the beach, restaurants, and the Aquarium. The hotel was clean and comfortable and that they allowed pets made the days there complete.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Gino
"Nice hotel emazing ocean view."
It is very nice stay . Nice ocean view room. Friendly personal . Definitely will recommend it to my friends. We had a very good time .
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
irin
"Oceanfront"
Right on the coast with balconies overlooking the beach and the ocean. Beautiful.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Wonderful Location..."
We stayed here 2 nights and love it! It is within walking distance of Nye Beach area and right on the beach. The staff was excellent welcoming us and serving chocolate chip cookies each eveniong..Yummy! The breakfast included was great...All in all a wonderful stay!
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Nice hotel for an adult couple"
First floor room was very nice with fireplace, ceiling fan and ocean view. Morning breakfast was excellent and well supplied. Lots to do and see within walking distance or a short drive. Indoor saline pool and hot tub were very pleasant. Security of the facility seemed adequate. Watch the weather forecast for what to bring for clothes. We had fog and wind and made beach activities difficult. You won't be disappointed with what Newport has to offer.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Great beach view!"
Our stay was wonderful. Kind staff, great complimentary breakfast, quiet, clean, premium cable tv and more. We will be staying here again for sure.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Very nice hotel right on the beach. Kept well for an older place. Pool recently remodeled...very nice!! And saline. Private balcony was much enjoyed. We walked to some great restaurants. Only minor complaints, and I wouldn't even call them complaints. Glad to have the breakfast, though I wouldn't say it was exceptional. Would have liked individually wrapped plastic cups in the room...the glass mugs were very nice, but I'm paranoid about how/if they get cleaned. Staff was very friendly, great service. Bit of a hike down several flights of stairs to the water, but that's expected... still a perfect location- about as good as it gets. Thank you!! We had a perfect vacation.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Katie
"Beautiful ocean front views"
First time going to oregon coast . Elizabeth street inn was awesome the rooms where nice and cozy. I loved the fireplace and the awesome ocean front view from the balcony. The beds were really comfortable , my kids really liked the pool . Also there breakfast was really good and I enjoyed the cookies they had for guest .I will definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Newport oregon! !!
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"overpriced"
Ok location, does not have beach access. Wasn't what I expected, a little unclean and under kept. Needs major upgrading, especially in the bathrooms. I usually stay in Lincoln City but decided to stay in here instead, check out Lincoln City hotels which are upgraded and have beach access as well as Jacuzzis overlooking the water.
1 night business trip May 24, 2014
"Fine Room with View"
We stayed one night. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was large, well-appointed, included fireplace, had ocean view and balcony. Not the greatest breakfast buffet (plastic utensils and not well organized) but satisfactory. We'd stay there again.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
Regis
"Oceanfront!"
Love the ocean front experience with balcony and cozy fireplace. Love to wear the cozy robes to the spectacular pool and hot tub. Great breakfast too. The Elizabeth Street Inn always leaves us feeling very pampered. We spent our honeymoon here and have come back..again..and again..and again...
Other trip May 7, 2014
"Nice view from room and balcony."
Mother daughter get away! Nice place to stay but a little disappointed that there was a per person charge after the first two people although the room could accomadate four people.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Carrol
"Beautiful view of beach from the room."
Unfortunately, there was no direct access for getting down to the beach from the hotel.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Jones
"Got location"
Nice hotel and staff. Very nice ocean front large room with fireplace. Excellent bed and lines with fresh chowder and cookies in the evening and nice breakfast in the morning include...and the BEST location in Newport.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"affordable luxury in Newport"
We had two rooms, one for us, one for our teenagers. The rooms were very clean, very nice. We loved the fireplaces and private balconies. The staff when we checked in were especially nice.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Our stay was just for a night but we found it to be very nice! The salmon chowder at 5 is a wonderful surprise! The room itself was clean, and very comfortable. The bed was clean and warm enough and the fireplace was enough to warm the whole room. Overall except for a very slow elevator we were very pleased.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"Wonderful stay"
Everything was great. Nice staff, clean room with a wonderful view. Only minor issue was the pilot light in the fireplace kept blowing out- it was very windy. Will stay here again for sure!
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
bill
"Marine Science Center"
The room and staff were excellent. My one disappointment was the food selection for breakfast. I would suggest more sugar free or diet type foods. I would stay again at Elizabeth Inn again we really did enjoy our stay.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Craig Ely
"Nice getaway!"
Love the beach so any hotel with beach view is great in my book! Very well insulated, didn't hear the little kid crying next door at all.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"Beachfront Property"
Great staff, cozy ammentities (chowder, cookies and hot breakfast), fireplace and the roar of the ocean to put you to sleep. Good restaurants only a walkable distance away. Good beach access close by. I shall return.
2 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2014
Cynthia
Very pleasant. The fireplace makes it cozy.
2 night family trip Mar 12, 2014