All hotels in Los Angeles, California, United States of America
8018 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, CA, 90048, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Remodeling looks more like demolition"
While the staff was nice and the room itself was bright and clean, the overall look of the hotel is terrible. The extent of their remodeling is not well described on line when you book the room. Now I know why all of the photos were on the rooms, and the exterior photos were old. We came in very late at night and couldn't see how all of the rooms on one side of the hotel were being gutted, but in the morning we could! It is unsettling as a guest to see an entire section of a hotel covered in construction dust cloth, elevator out of order, pool gutted and a parking garage that is very tight to get into.
Diana
"Pretty comfortable and GREAT location"
Stayed here for 2 nights in October while in LA for a concert. Some parts of the hotel are currently undergoing renovation (pool and rooms in the left quarter) so I wouldn't recommend staying in from 9-5; it gets pretty noisy. You usually have to pay for Wi-Fi but it is free for time-being, due to the inconvenience caused by the construction. Hey, silver lining! However, if you just need a decent place to get back to and have a good night's rest, this is definitely it. The room is spacious. It has a lovely retro interior equipped with a light-up novelty mirror, mini fridge, microwave and even an iHome bluetooth speaker dock. Had a delicious breakfast at Swingers the first morning; a hip diner joint that is located right next to the hotel. Great location to people watch and the waitresses are eye-candy as well. All in all, I had a great stay and would definitely recommend this place. Quite a steal considering its location - right smack in the middle of Beverly Hills and West Hollywood.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Shar
"Ridiculous construction and noise"
Hotel was nice and clean. Location was great. We were not told there was construction! The pool and lobby were closed. DO NOT STAY HERE UNTIL THE CONSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED! CRAZY NOISE! FRONT DESK SENT A NOTE RECCOMENDING WE NOT SLEEP IN PAST 9AM DUE TO NOISE!
3 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Margaret
"Great hotel if construction doesn't bother you"
I am out early and in late so I have not experienced what it is like to be at the hotel while construction is taking place. The newly renovated rooms are amazing.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Hotel under renovation."
The hotel is going through major renovation. At least half of it is blocked off and gutted out. I don't have a problem with that, but feel like I was mislead. It was built in 1964 and I believe they are attempting to restore it in vintage fashion. still, I don't believe the room is worth the discounted price of $141.00 much less full price. I would have been happy to pay $75.00. The bathroom and shower were nice. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in.
1 night family trip Oct 8, 2014
Jennette
"Up and coming, great bang for your buck."
Husband and I stayed here while in town for a show at the Bowl. Great location, easy to drive/Uber/cab anywhere. Great little diner downstairs - Swingers - that's open late and bakes killer cupcakes! Super cute little pool area (not heated). Very simple, clean, easy comfortable stay. Got free parking and wi-fi as a courtesy for tehre being construction work. The entire place is undergoing extensive renovations and once completed this will be a gem. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
LadyRose
The owners of the Beverly Laurel are in the process of remodeling the hotel and are keeping the great mid-century vibe. I stayed in one of the newly remodeled rooms and it was beautifully done. I was upgraded to a suite when I arrived. The only difficulty was my room was on the third floor and the elevator was out of order while being worked on. It's a good thing I am athletic and the stairs were no problem for me.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
"Needs Work"
No hot water pressure, no trash cans in the room, large pieces of a broken plastic something on the floor, bathroom sink not cleaned well. Not good.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Dale V.
"right in the middle of everything"
the convenient location was the best thing about the hotel. they are in the middle of a large renovation and the elevator was not working. service was very friendly. we would definitely try the hotel again.
7 night family trip Aug 23, 2014
"Great location--at least for my trip"
During my stay, they were remodeling the hotel. According to the staff, it was built in the 60s and they are updating the rooms. While mine was comfortable enough, it definitely could've used a facelift. Things were old but it was a clean place that worked for me. Lived having a private underground parking garage and having a decent restaurant next door was nice too. Biggest headache was the wifi that would reset 1-3 times a day and I kept needing to get new codes from the front desk. If you have business anywhere near Beverly Hills, Hollywood or downtown LA, it's a great spot. I'd go back again.
7 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Scotty Cornfield
"Great location, friendly hotel staff"
Great location, friendly hotel staff, loved the cleanliness of the room
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Should be better when remodeling is complete"
We were given a room that had not been remodeled in many years, and it desperately needed an update. Because of the remodeling being done in other areas of the hotel, the elevator was not working so we had to use the stairs. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice (although the bathroom towels were very well used and should have been replaced). There was no iron or ironing board in the room, but one was available from the front desk. Hotel staff were pleasant and accommodating.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Little Jimmy
Yes, I would. The front desk staff was so kind and pleasant.
"Disappointing for the high priced room."
Pre booked room and was placed on third floor. The elevator was out of service and I had to use narrow stairs. I told them I was there for doctors apt for my heart condition that is very limiting as far as walking and stairs are even harder. They had no other rooms and could not put me on ground floor. I had no choice but to search out food that could be delivered as I could not make extra trips up and down the stairs. The TV was sub par as all local channels were fuzzy to the point it was not enjoyable to watch. Staff was helpful as far as helping with luggage going up and finding a restaurant that delivered. I also had concerns that if I had a medical emergency how they would get me down stair do to the narrow stair way.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Horrible experience."
I was hoping that due to the location in West Hollywood and the price ($150.00) that it would be a clean, safe and well kept establishment as I had rented the room for my daughter and granddaughter that were visiting LA and wanted a clean safe place for them. My daughter called me as soon as she got there to tell me that the place was a dump. The carpets were sticky under her feet, the air conditioning didn't work, the door to the room didn't lock and the towels and bedding were stained. I tried to find somewhere else for them to stay but it was late (10:30pm) when she checked in and there was nothing else available in the area. The only upside is that the pm manager discounted the room by $57.00 but only after much persistent discussion by my daughter.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
mark
We were on the 3rd floor and elevator not working so a bit of a challenge on first ascent with luggage! Very clean rooms (our family took 2 rooms) and the beds and bedding were excellent. Really good location and friendly service. We all really enjoyed the restaurant/cafe next door but would have liked coffee access n the room or the lobby. Looking forward to staying here when the hotel finishes renovations.
4 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Rooms are in need of serious updating. But overall, friendly staff and great location.
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
"Funky, Col, & Clean"
Great Location. Convenient to lots of stuff. The Diner that is connected has great breakfast. This place is not new. Built in the 60's I believe - and looks like it- but in a cool way. It was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is the little added "hotel Fee". Even after that the price was still good.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Up grades"
I was a little surprised when I saw the room . It was old and the whole room needed to be refurbished . The elevator was out of order so we were not charged for parking . The bathroom toilet seat needed to be replaced and so did the shower head. The ceiling looked like it had a water leak. It just needs a re haul.
3 night business trip Jul 21, 2014
"dingy but close to everything"
I will not stay there again until the construction is finished and the rooms are updated. It was not loud but the rooms are old & dingy. It was less expensive then some of the other hotels in the area,so if you are planning to be gone all day sightseeing,it would work.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Beth
"Kitchy Gone Bad"
Could have been so much better but they haven't bothered to make the most of what they have. Maintaintenance/construction was super loud as was the place in general. I suspect the elevator (which was out of order) never really works. Too many problems to list here. Good side: bathroom tub and sink seemed quite clean. Linens seemed new and clean.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Dissapointed
"Old but great!"
People have to realize LA is old. It is aged. The room was clean, the parking is cheap and the staff was kind. That is what all really counts.
2 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Great location and service in a run-down hotel"
This is kind of a motel. The rooms face an interior balcony that faces a courtyard with a small pool. The rooms are nice and spacious, the bed very comfortable, BUT everything was old and worn out. In particular, all the bathroom faucets, towel holders, etc.. were old and rusty… there was a towel inside of the refrigerator. There was no iron or ironing board, but one was brought to the room. Downstairs there was a very cool diner that was open late and opened early for breakfast. Elevator was broken and half the hotel was being renewed….
4 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Jose
"no problem with construction"
We had a great time and were not affected by construction on our one night Saturday stay. We were able to walk the club, ate a yummy meal after at Swingers (which had gluten free options for my sister in law!) In the morning walked to the farmers market, starbucks, and got a delicious bagel at Bagel Broker. We visited some great furniture stores and bought a ton of new kitchen stuff at the restaurant supply store. Super fun neighborhood. The only thing was the floor in the room was just polushed concrete...kind of took me off guard. That said, it kept the room cool and it didnt matter. The granite and doyble shower heads in the bathroom made up for it. The bed very comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
Desiree Green
"Five Day Stay"
The room was what I had expected from the reviews. Parking in tight in the garage but once I learned that I could park behind the building it was no problem. There was construction in half of the hotel and I expect that after those rooms have been remodeled then the quality of the rooms will improve, i.e. shower and use of windows. Our AC and TV worked, the beds were a bit stiff after day 4, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant down stairs is worth visiting, we did a few times. The swimming pool always had people in it. I would stay here again to see if the renovations did make an improvement to the rooms but overall I give it a 3 out of 5. We were close to just about anything we needed in LA- but traffic is bad no matter where you go or what you do here.
5 night trip Jun 27, 2014
V. Rojas
Good location .the rooms hotel are old but is under remodelatio.After thois will be a good place to stay.You have a lot of good restaurant nesr like Olive Pizza at Third Street.Thers is a good Dinners inside the hotel named Swingers
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"noisy due to outside construction. very comfortab"
Rooms adequate...beds comfortable....a/c very noisy
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
I like this hotel and always stay here when in central LA. Hotel is currently undergoing construction but rooms should be very nice after renovations are complete.
3 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
pjsfo
"Close to Cedars Sinai hospital where we had appts."
It was satisfactory.
3 night trip May 27, 2014
I wish I would have known there was construction.
Response by Beverly Laurel Hotel
IT WAS PUBLISHED VIA ONLINE BOOKING AGENCIES THAT WE ARE RENOVATING FOR THE WHOLE YEAR
1 night family trip May 26, 2014
"Good location decent price"
It's a great location for a good price! Hotel and rooms are not very fancy but clean and functional. If you are not planning to spend much time in the room then it's a good choice in pricey LA
2 night trip May 20, 2014
Ishita
"Convenient for my stay"
I was visiting my nephew who lives a block away. The BL is convenient to him and convenient to all central LA locals. Though it was under rehab for half the rooms, the construction was not intrusive. The only gripe is that the street noise was loud but controllable by closing the bathroom door. The section that I was in will be renovated later. Having Swingers on site is a big plus, the food and service are fantastic.
5 night trip May 6, 2014
Bede
"Hidden Gem"
Hotel was under construction, but the rooms made up for them undergoing renovation. My bed was so comfortable, and the pillows were top of the line. I had an awesome rate for the Beverly Hills area. I searched the area and wasn't impressed by the pictures online, but the room accommodations in person exceeded my expectations for the right price and location. Parking was the same as a subway foot-long a day which was also great. Once the hotel renovation is complete I'm sure the rates are going to increase, so I know I got a steal. Would definitely stay again. Oh, and they also have a restaurant/diner in the lobby attached to the hotel which was also convenient.
2 night trip May 5, 2014
"Lame Customer Service"
The sign in the lobby said there would be construction for renovation between 9 am and 5pm. 7:30 am is when the loud noises, sawing, sanding, started. The place is old, shabby in some areas and the carpets very dirty. My feet turned black walking from the bathroom to the bed. It's all business at the desk. No questions about how was your stay? Can we help you with anything? Just, "Here's your key. Don't lose it or we'll charge you." Yes, LA is expensive, but this place delivers a $75 room for $169. Maybe it will be better when they have renovated the rooms and lobby. .
Other trip May 9, 2014
"Close to Lots of Fun Places"
There were 3 of us that stayed here so that we could be within walking distance of CBS Studios and The Price Is Right Game Show. Also the Farmer's Market and The Grove are an easy walk. Having Swingers right on the property was very convenient and they have a great selection of tasty items...plus we saw 2 celebrities having lunch there. Our beds were very comfortable and we felt safe and secure. A big renovation was just getting started during our stay so 2/3 of the rooms were covered with construction mesh, no noise though. If you leave a window open the busy traffic can be noisy. The hotel is in need of some updating and we look forward to how nice it will be when it's done.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Paula
"Entire hotel is under remodeling"
Aside from the remodeling, this place is your typical Hollywood hotel. The restaurant downstairs has been around for years. Swingers. It has always served great food. Unique combinations. Like I mentioned, Hollywood hotels seem to have issues with plumbing. Never seems to be right. I was able to park my FJ Cruiser under the above ground awning. There is parking under the hotel, but I'm not sure if my vehicle would of fit.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Dinky Diamond
The hotel is located about 4 blocks to the CBS studio, the Grove and Farmer's Market. It was being renovated when we stayed but the noise didn't bother us as we were out most of the day. Since we had tickets to see a show at CBS, the location was perfect. I'm not sure if the room we stayed in was already renovated but it was adequate. TV reception was terrible though. Staff was friendly. Parking was only $5 a day.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Ty
"Noisy"
Noisy from traffic and people on sidewalks people outside room no carpet on concrete floors
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
john z
"Great value for location, location, location!"
Oldish hotel -- probably from the fifties -- but undergoing significant room modernization -- outside and most rooms are finished. Check in was pleasant. Parking garage is tight, but not unusual for inner city location -- just be careful! The garage complaints on this site are overkill -- if you can't drive, you should not be in this area of the city anyway. :-) Room was very clean, and the beds and bedding were as comfortable as any we have had in any hotel in the past few years -- and we stay in all range of prices. We were thrilled to find such a great price for a nice room in this crowded, expensive area. Our stay was just a quick in and out -- midnight to about 9 a.m., so we didn't really care about the amenities of a big hotel. Highly recommend this hotel for what it is. Clean, comfortable, and well priced. Small attached restaurant was fine for Sunday breakfast -- funky -- real Hollywood!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Harold
"Rude service and under renovations!"
They were nice to let us check out an hour late at 1pm. But as soon as the clock struck one, they kept calling and knocking every minute threatening to charge us an extra day. Hotels.com did not warn is this hotel is under construction until Christmas 2014.
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
Tour Manager
"Needs major renovation and cleaning."
We checked out right after checking in. The room smelled badly and was in dis-repair. There were tears in the carpet. The bathtub fixtures were in bad shape. The list goes on.... This may have been a great place in the 1950's but not today.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
"Beverly laurel"
Not bad
1 night trip Mar 31, 2014
"Noisy, old and dirty"
The noisiest place! No sound proofing at all! Diner downstairs had loud music playing at 4:30 am. Housekeeper was on her cell phone talking for 30 minutes right outside our door! If you want to sleep...do not stay here!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
"Value for money"
This hotel is absolutely worth using, we spend most of the day in the city, and came back every to nice clean room.
3 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Steen Haugbølle
"Loved our stay!"
Condition rated low only because there was constant major renos going on right now. Our room was very old as they had not updated it at all. That said, we absolutely loved it. Had a kitchen which is key for us, lots of room. Staff was fantastic. Great area of Hollywood to stay in.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
"Exceptional service"
The desk clerk, Mark, went way out of his way to help us. At 10 PM We needed a ziplock bag to make an ice pack when my wife's back pain flared up. There were no bags on site so Mark took his lunch sandwich out of its ziplock and gave the bag to us. That saved me a trip looking for a market to buy ziplocks. That was above and beyond. Thank you, Mark.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"Beverley Laurel GHtel Rating"
Nice hotel. Great price. Great location. Easy and reasonable parking. Needs to be a bit better maintained but current ongoing contruction may help that in the long run. Totally recommend this hotel for LA on a budget.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
The hotel was near several nice restaurants and galleries. There were several bars that catered to a younger crowd within walking distance. The hotel is undergoing a renovation so there is some noise during the week. It was nice to have a coffee shop attached for a quick breakfast.
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
The hotel was very clean and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I would stay there again.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
Gregg Alspach
"Great location, nice place, a bit dated"
Went for a nice run from here. It's in a great location, lots to do around there. It is being updated at the moment so a little construction to walk around but not a problem.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014