All hotels in Claremont, New Hampshire, United States of America
24 Sullivan St, Claremont, NH, 03743, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
"OK for a quick night."
The room seemed to have been recently remodeled. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I paid $70 for the night and that was about the least expensive I could find. The phone in the room didn't work and I couldn't get a WiFi connection with the password they gave me at check-in. The room and bed were adequate but the air conditioner is set into the wall right beside the bed and it blows directly on you. I don't really like that. I guess overall, this older motor lodge was OK and if pressed for a place to stay, I would stay there again.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2015
This is one of the worst motels I've ever stayed at. Check in was a mess, the room was dirty and outdated, and the the location was not nearly as convenient as we thought it would be
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"ok by me"
Needed a quiet place to stay for the night,nothing else and it was quiet
1 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"A little worn out, but you can't beat the price!"
Not super-clean, or super-modern. But at $55 YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"cold night but warm motel"
Late arrival on cold night but room was warm and inviting. All rooms we saw have been remodeled. Only complaint would be thin walls. We will use again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015
"Cheap"
Breakfast starts at 7 AM so my 6:15 AM departure meant I didn't get breakfast. no discount. Very small rooms. New refurbished bathroom. Big tv.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"All as expected"
This is an older motel and we weren't expecting much, but overall the experience was good, with good value for money. Bed seemed recent and was comfortable. Bath tub/shower had recently been updated and there were signs that other rooms are being attended to. The bathroom light went out and we mentioned this at the desk on our way out - the staff was heading over to fix it as we got in our car.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Ed
"very friendly attendants, clean"
The room was clean and adequate with closeness to convience stores. Breakfast had little selection.
1 night family trip Sep 15, 2014
"Dirty, bad condition"
It's was dirty it's said non smoking and rooms smell like cigarettes, bathrooms with mold all around, needs maintance and cleanness office it was smelly too
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
Leslie garcia
terrible beds. office was locked when we went to leave at 8 am so no breakfast (which looked like it would have been very minimal based on the tiny counter it was going to be on)
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Black mold everywhere, platform of bed, shower.."
black mold was all over. needed to run A/C all 10 days just to be able to breathe. Did see work going on in another room, new blue board for the bathroom, & sheet rock etc. Bathroom has no vent, fan or window which contributes big time to the mold problem. had a problem with the frig, froze all my fresh vegs. Called an told Kevin, put new frig in same day.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Small but comfortable"
Traveling on Business so I've had several stays at this motel. Motel and rooms are small for a motel that's good more personalized attention and service, Rooms are small but comfortable. one problem most electrical outlets are controlled by a single switch by the door, this includes outlet for micro fridge, Cleaning personnel had a habit of turning it off when they finished the room. I had to start taping a sign over the switch in-order to save my food and keep drinks cold. Hotel is making a lot of remodeling and updating Heat/AC and micro fridge units.
4 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Fabulous staff"
The staff at this hotel was so accommodating and helpful. I really appreciated their kindness and speed with helping us with several things that we needed for our stay.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Clean but very small"
We stayed at this hotel after a family function in the area. They didn't tell us that the mini fridge was controlled, like the lights, by one switch on the wall. We had placed a couple of items in the fridge then hit the switch to turn off the lights before leaving the room and heard the compressor turn off. We're glad we figured it out and just turned off the lights using the individual switches. Otherwise the room was clean but very small.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Good for budgets; obviously run on a shoe string"
We needed a place between Sunapee and Okemo for MLK weekend. This was the only place available in our sub-$100 price range. We were pleasantly surprised at the room. Yes it was tiny but the sheets were fresh. Yes the caulking had some mold but the shower was clean (just don't take a bath). The bedroom seemed newer but the bathroom needed updating. The town was nice with close-by places to eat. The heat is central so don't leave your door open or it will take awhile to heat back up. I can understand how if it was crowded the noise level might be bad but we didn't have anyone on either side so it worked for us. We'd go back because it allowed us to ski two days and still keep in a tight budget.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2014
4Travelers
Overall hotel was good. I thought there was an odor to the room and it was definitely on my pj;s at home.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Comfortable hotel in downtown area."
The hotel is convenient to local restaurants and shopping. The highway running East to Newport has many chain restaurants, big box stores and major name grocery stores. It's also a hop, skip and a jump from Vermont if you wish to travel through that state.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Shabby decor. Room was very small. Didn't feel clean. Outlet in bathroom didn't work. Heat didn't work. Not a good experience!
1 night family trip Sep 23, 2013
"cheap in everything, not price"
it's a cheap motel, it would be ok if it is a $50/night one, but, it's $70. no shampoo, soap, or coffee maker. they say they have free breakfast, but having looked at the facility, i don't want that. TV must be a 70's, remote doesn't work, wall plug doesn't work so the alarm clock shutdown at the middle of night, so i missed it. overall, bad, bad, bad.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
Jack
"Paper-thin walls"
The hotel is a little shabby, as is to be expected for the relatively low price (for the region). I hadn't expected a mini-fridge in the room, which was a nice surprise. Overally, it wouldn't have been at all bad except for the fact that I could hear EVERYTHING going on around me ... the snoring, the early (4:15am) risers, all kinds of random noise ... bring along your earplugs and you'll be fine. In the morning, be sure to visit the adorable, classic little diner around the corner, it will make the whole night worthwhile.
Other trip May 10, 2013
nice
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
Duncan
"Clean And Reasonable"
Nice clean room. Helpful owner. Good price.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"HORRIBLE!!!"
This hotel is horrible!! I stayed the night during a huge storm the next morning I asked if we could extend our stay until they plowed, and was CHARGED because their plow man couldn't get therein time. Not to mention I tried microwaving some chinese food and the power went out. I immediately called the front desk only to find out that I had to go to the fuse box myself and that I apprently wasn't allowed to use the mcrowave. 'it was just for show'. Not only was my stay horrible. But I came home finally to find out that they double charged me for the room!! It was dirty and service was horrible. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! I WARN YOU!!
1 night trip Feb 8, 2013
JR
"Disappointment"
Where to begin? 'Perfumed' cleanliness is overwhelming when you first walk in. Room was small but okay. When we got there the heat was off. We were told they keep it off when no one was there. I told the man that we were there and had already paid. He asked if we wanted him to turn it on!!! Then he brought a space heater cause he said it takes a while for the heat to warm up. Both wheels came off the first time we tried to move it. There is no way the tub would pass any inspection. There is porcelain missing around the drain and was patched with what looked like some kind of plastic. There was also some exposed rusty steel. Ran a tub to soak my weary bones. Had to be all hot water to be warm. And was sort of a brownish color. Also had an odor. The next morning however, there was plenty of hot water. Also had to have someone come to our room to get the remote to work with the tv. It wasn't all bad though. Their internet speed was one of the fastest I have ever had. I downloaded a document at 1.2mB/s. Can't say I would necessarily recommend this place to anyone. It was okay. Price was one of the lowest in the area. If you have high standard or expectations keep looking. If you can overlook stuff you may want to consider it.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
"fair enough"
it was worth the money. Everything as expected. The continental breakfast was just a table with few things. however it was nice to have a something close enough to a coffee while driving to the nearest coffee shop.. The hotel was cheap so the expectation was low, but for a night if was good enough.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2012
Alex
"Amazing considering the price"
While the motel was just that, a motel, it was far beyond what I'd anticipated for the price. Very clean, courteous staff and located walking distance to the town center with a farmers market, music and restaurants. I will stay here again the next time that I'm in Claremont!
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2012
"cheap is cheap"
Hotel was clean, no bugs. Had a fridge and TV. Owner was nice and helpful. Old and a bit shabby, but good enough for my business trip. Not far to excellent restaurant and coffee shop.
4 night trip Aug 9, 2012
Mike T.

Accueil un peu froid, mais pour le reste rien à dire. Excellent rapport qualité-prix
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
FR
"The worst hotel I've ever stayed in"
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
1 night trip May 28, 2013
1 night trip Jan 31, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn

"Remodeled! !"
07/19/15 richardhA8011AB Greenwood, MS.
Came to this Inn expecting a run down dump. What I found was the nicest little motel I've ever stayed in!! Booked one night just to shower and sleep. Stayed for three days. Remodeled rooms, complete new bathrroom with tile floors, newly paved parking lot. The place is small but worth every penny. Quite,Clean and very comfortable. Will stay again the next time I work in this area!
"Awful!"
03/28/15 jsb027
The only thing good about the Inn was the service. The "non smoking" room stunk of smoke from the stained and burnt sheets down to the shower curtain. The bathroom was awful. The shower was moldy and the caulk was pulling away from the wall. The baseboard heater in the bathroom was falling apart. So much so that you could accidentally slip your foot in there on the way to the toilet and cut or burn yourself in the night. The floor under the carpet in the room was marginal to say the least. I am in construction and I can safely say that the best thing to do is gut the rooms and start over. Lastly the location seemed to make the appearance of a drug filled location that was not safe. Oddly enough the police station was 6 blocks away. We did not feel any better. The only reason this place was not a zero was by the kind service of the staff.
"Dump"
09/21/14 Mikedellavalle
Do not stay here. Filthy. Sleep in your car if you need an alternative. The board of health should close this hotel down. The manager was rude, the rooms were filthy, smelled like smoke. Would not even sleep under covers.
"Met expectations"
06/23/14 cachingtraveler Massachusetts
Wanted an inexpensive place to stay for one night. It has a great location. It's close to the bakery and all the downtown eateries. The room was clean, had a fridge and micro but nothing fancy. We realized when we got into bed that the foot of the bed is higher than the head of the bed. Breakfast was 2 kinds of cereal (raisin bran type and something else), but the milk and OJ were warm, the bagels were plain but the coffee was good. There is no place to eat your breakfast other than outisde or back in your room (no tables there either). Take a walk to the bakery...
"One of the worst I've ever visited"
06/11/14 Jeff H Sandy, Utah
I travel a lot and stay at over 50 Choice Hotels a year. My son graduated from Dartmouth and we needed a place to stay. We booked the room in January and stayed at the property since we could not find anything else. The room was over $80 due to the special weekend. Anyway, we were given room 104, right next to 105, which was being renovated, even on Sunday morning. The room had a moldy smell and stay on my wife's clothes after we left. The toilet, sink, and fixtures for the tub were new, but the tub itself was patched and stained. the ceiling in both the bathroom and main room had old, dirty acoustical tiles that were ready to fall down. the draperies were falling off the rod and we had difficulty closing them. I am shocked that Choice keeps this property.