All hotels in Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States of America

Great pool
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
    Dirty
"It's a Motel, why use HoJo?"
I booked it via Expedia as a package because it's a HoJo. But at the time I checked in I found it's a low end motel. The staff at the front desk was nice but the room has a very bad insulation. I could hear people talking a foreign language every morning around 7 :30 am outside on the hall way and some kind of machine started to buzz every 10 to 15 minutes. I don't know HOJO has such low quality hotel. Very disappointed! Won't book it again!
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Jack
"Good for the price."
Quiet place. Very friendly desk service. Suite had exposed pipes under the bathroom sink, lacking carpentry detailed finish work. Got what I paid for. If I paid more, I would expect more.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
The motel was very close to Williams College so,it was convenient for us
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Functional and Good Location"
Close to Williams College and the small downtown area of Williamstown. Functional hotel with clean rooms.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"What's thinner: Walls, towels, wifi?"
Not sure what was thinner: the walls or the towels. Wifi turned out to be thinnest: non-existent.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"Hotel was adequate, location convenient."
My daughter and I were looking for a moderately priced room in Williamstown, and liked the location of this HoJo. Beds were comfortable and clean, as was the room. Bathroom had a few faucet problems in both tub and sink, but they were manageable. The breakfast was included, but with very few offerings. Staff was pleasant and the area quiet for sleeping, so it worked out fine for us, but was of the older sort of dwelling with rooms opening off the parking lot in a two story arrangement. It met our need without breaking the bank, so we were satisfied with our choice. We stayed only one night, a Sunday night, so I think the room was cheaper than it would have been either Friday or Saturday.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Merl
"Decent Motel convenient to Williamstown"
Decent motel located close to center of Williamstown. Large room. Clean, well maintained. Breakfast was sub-standard --Cold cereal (Corn Flakes and Fruit Loops), instant oatmeal, muffins and a waffle iron. At the least, need to also provide yogurt and some decent fresh fruit. Not just a bowl of old apples and oranges.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Family Motel in Williamstown"
Ma & Pa Brick Motel within 1-2 mi of downtown Williamstown & Williams College. Gorgeous Autumn leaves in area. Many sights to see. Good restaurants & grocery very close. Muffins/Bagels/Cereal/Juice/Coffee breakfast. Extra large room, clean / attractive / built in approx.1960. Toasty heat in chilly weather. Very pleasant and helpful managers. Will stay here again. Thanks.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Pleasant, reasonable and convenient. Staff was especially helpful.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Fine Autumn Weekend"
The room was clean and comfortable, and we were greeted cheerfully by the staff person at the reception desk. All of the staff were quite courteous, and smiled and said hello each time we encountered them. We complained about the use of styrofoam at breakfast, and were told that they were reevaluating the use of this material, and would likely switch in the near future to more environmentally friendly plates, cups, and utensils.
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Paul J.
"Best cheap hotel in Williamstown"
I have now tried most Hotels in Williamstown. The Howard Johnson are the best of the cheap ones by far. I stayed in 3 diffrent rooms, all has a overall good standard. Bathrooms are fresh and beds are fine.
3 night trip Sep 21, 2014
In a cold day they should set the room temp higher. Also Later we noticed widows were left open and heating system does not work. Otherwise it was a good stay.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Good for the price"
After reading many terrible reviews, I was a bit nervous about staying here but it ended up being fine. Room was outdated but clean, and beds were comfortable. It was an unseasonably cold Saturday so room was freezing, but contacted front desk and they gave us a space heater as heating system wasn't being turned on until later in the fall. Heat did in fact end up coming on and room warmed right up. Breakfast was very basic but included in price and was adequate. Read about bagels & muffins being frozen, which when they had to replenish the supply ( a college soccer team was staying there as well so food went fast!) they were frozen but there is a microwave to defrost them and a toaster to heat them up so didn't think that was as big an issue as some previous people did. staff was very friendly. For less than $100 including taxes and fees, i thought this hotel was just fine. If you are looking for a 4 star hotel don't stay here, but that is evident when making a reservation anyway so...
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
MJ
"Close to williamstown college"
My stay was great. Breakfast was good. Only wish they started breakfast at 6:00 instead of 7:00. Clean rooms, nice hotel.
3 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"Disappointing Howard Jhonson"
The facility is adequate from out side, but from inside is something out of the 70-is but not in the good way. Old furniture, thin walls, out of date TV. You can here every noise from the neighbors. The staff berly speaks English , and they were sitting in front of our room at 7am having coffee and cigarette talking loud, waiting for us to leave for them to clean the room.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
from New York
"Convenient, no-hassle stay"
For a budget hotel, this place was very comfortable! I would stay there again. Breakfast is very sparse in comparison to other brands, but the coffee was plentiful so I was happy. My only complaint is that the metal frames that the mattresses sit on are the wrong size for the bed. I discovered this fact only after bruising my ankle on a jagged metal piece protruding out sideways only partially hidden by the bedskirt. That's a real hazard... and both beds in my room had the same jagged metal piece sticking out like this.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Student
"Don't Announce Room Numbers!"
I checked in on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend. The person at the Front Desk told me my room number and could not understand the issue when I told him to never announce someone's room number. I asked for another room but that was the last one they had. In general, I stay from hotels or motels that have exterior access to a room, for safety and security reasons.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Steve P.
"Clean, basic, no complaints"
Very polite and welcoming staff. Outdoor pool was in good shape. Room was clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was better than some in this price range, but nothing too special.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Tanglewood visitor
"Needs a great deal of work."
We usually stay at larger chain hotels but only needed a one night stay.Looked online at photos and reviews before booking.The employees were very pleasant and helpful, but the room was awful. Wooden furniture was peeling and cracked, wallpaper was stained. Bathroom was reasonably clean but in need of updating, and recaulking! Breakfast was disappointing...cereal, waffles and other carbs.No yogurt or fresh fruit or whole grain in any form. Also, unable to use wifi...login kept failing. Bottom line, this place needs a lot of work . Well appointed rooms and good healthy food are what patrons deserve. Wish we had stayed elsewhere. After being pleasantly greeted at the front desk at check in, in was pretty much all down hill...
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Bathroom tub was not clean and there was black mold on the tile in the shower.
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"Comfortable, modest, and clean"
We were glad to find this moderately priced clean motel for a stay in Williamstown. It was a typical chain-style establishment but appeared better run than most, and had a view of the mountains. It offered a continental breakfast with good coffee and waffles. We wanted to use the fan in the A/C and found it to be loud, but that was only a minor drawback. The staff were very nice, and beds and bathroom were quite good. We would stay here again, no problem.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Dale Ramsey
"convenience counts"
Pleasantly surprised at the size and condition of the room. The breakfast was more than the typical continental breakfast. The location was great, and the grounds in back were nice.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Good value if your expectations are right"
This is an old motel. If looks are important keep looking. The room is badly outdated and just the basics. However, the staff was extremely helpful and took care of all our needs promptly. If you just need the basics this is a good value and very convenient to everything.
2 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2014
"Not what you would expect from Howard Johnson's"
If you are looking for a budget motel this is probably a typical place. if you like up scale properties this would not fit the bill. the room was clean, linens were fine, bed was comfortable. The a/c was annoyingly loud &not pleasant looking at the unit in the wall with a long cord hanging down.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"fair"
First the good. The front desk attendant was pleasant and showed us where local restaurants were. Now the bad. The room was poorly serviced. Dirty in corners around the bed, and dusty. Very outdated both furniture and decor. To top it off, the housekeeping staff woke me off with their loud conversations early in the morning outside my door. Breakfast was also poor and somewhat skimpy. Unfortunately, I don't ever plan to stay there again. I would have expected more for $130 PER NIGHT.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
"Reasonable"
Stayed weekend for Tanglewood. Nothing special but our children enjoyed a small pool in the backyard. 35-40minutes drive is not something I wanted but considering the fact that the near hotels are fully booked, no complain for that. Good coop supermarket `Wild Oats` just nearby, so was nice to pick up the appetizer to bring to Tanglewood.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Taro
"Howard Johnson Williamstown"
Stayed for three nights at the beginning of August for my sons wedding. The property could use updating and modernizing . That said the rooms were VERY clean and comfortable. The parking lot and pool were well kept. The only complaint was from my mother in law who was in room 108. The owners apparently live in the adjoining room and you smell cooking and hear them as they start work early in the morning . I would stay again
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"Old school "motel"."
Dated "old school" motel reminiscent of Motor Inn's of the 1970's. Our room was strangely attached to what appeared to be a storage building for the facility, not in the usual row of rooms so common to motels of this vintage. Some light fixtures did not work, so room appeared dark and dingy. Mini fridge did not work; i think the outlet was dead. Bathroom small but functional.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
The room was spacious, clean, and in good condition. The service was excellent: we left something behind in the room and received a call immediately. We would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
Decent accommodations. Convenient location. Nice pool. Good overall .value.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Basic room with friendly service"
We arrived to a nearly sold out property and realized we were in a smoking room with two queens. I'm not sure how that happened, because I certainly didn't choose that option when booking at hotels.com. I told the proprietor that my 6 y.o. child had asthma and he couldn't stay in a smoking room. He quickly moved things around and found a room with one queen and offered a comp roll-away. The room was bare bones, but clean. The pool exceeded our expectations, and the hotel is in a great location.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Williams College"
Stuff is friendly, all questions/concerns were answered promptly. Good service.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Olga
Man at the front-desk was about the friendliest person I've ever met. I would go back.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Dominic
"Wouldn't stay here"
Run down and sort of dirty. The toilet and sink we're clean, but the shower was iffy. There was what looked like coffee on shower curtain and all down front of vanity. Did not want to walk barefoot. That said, bed was comfortable and room was pretty quiet.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
PR
No working wi-fi. Second floor lodgings accessible by deteriorating exterior iron staircase. First floor units all face parking lot. Front desk has limited English.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Beautiful, quiet outdoor sitting area w/ tables & chairs in full view of, but outside of, the pool area so you can keep an eye on the kids but still have a place to sit w/ your food & drink (which aren't allowed in the pool area). Very comfortable, clean rooms. Walk across road to pizza place & several other restaurants and stores, and very short drive to even more.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Golf Tournament"
Took my nephew to golf tournament at Taconic Golf Course. Hotel was reasonably priced and conveniently located to the Golf Course, local restaurants and to Williams College.
3 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Andrew Pizzi
"ants in the room"
It was NOT enjoyable. The room had a 'family' of ants in it and the carpeting was torn, dirty and didn't even reach the walls (obviously, it was too short to begin with). I had to make repeated requests both nights for towels and bathroom amenities as there weren't enough for our family. McDonald's serves a better breakfast than what was available here. It makes ones wonder if Howard Johnson's checks out their properties at all once they franchise them to individual owners.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Hotel staff very wonderful and accommodating"
Overall the stay was moderate. We had a bed and a shower so not too much to complain. The place was pretty run down and dirty. Would stay there again if no other choice. The staff, especially Krish, were exceptionally accommodating and a delight.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Overall decent nights stay."
Ok it's a room with two beds and a shower. Spartan but clean. Visiting my sons college in the area. Friendly staff. Nothing to brag about but for $65 it was worth the price. Had it cost more I would have been disappointed. The WiFi wasn't setup properly but no big deal, I used my phone as a hot spot. I was having nightmares about bed bugs but no such issues. I'd stay here again
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Paul B. frequen
"Good location, close to town"
The location is good, but the rooms are well worn. Staff was very pleasant!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Liz
"Place to stay near college"
It was nice, easy to get to and inexpensive. The room was extremely large and I liked that it had a fridge, microwave, hair dryer and even an iron and ironing board.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Vicki
"Nice hotel for MassMoca events or Mt Greylock"
Wonderful staff; accommodated our very late check-in at midnight; very clean. Pool area is beautiful. Can't beat the price for Williamstown.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Tracy
"We decided NOT to stay"
Hi,I ordered 2 rooms in 2 different bookings and requested that the rooms will be next to each other. No one made the effort to answer this request. We received rooms in 2 different floors!. Also, although the Hotel has AAA sign, they said that AAA discount does not apply in the weekend.We did not like the way the Hotel looked, and we did not want to stay in 2 different floors, so even the hotel was prepaid in full, we left the Hotel and went to Holiday Inn Express in North Adams.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
Reasonably priced. Large clean room.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"One night to attend a family member's funeral."
As soon as we entered the room, a smell of mothballs "smacked" you in the face! All the furnishings were old. The bathroom didn't seem clean. My wife laid down towels to walk on in the bathroom.
Other trip May 23, 2014
Power Ranger
"Great Value for Money!!"
Very good experience, nice place, great value! Close to main attractions, very friendly staff
Other trip May 19, 2014
"I woke up to no power in the hotel..."
There was a power outage so the hotel could not offer it's "continental" breakfast and I had to take a cold shower, then dry my hair in my car using the heater vent and then proceed to sit in my car until it was time to leave, which was 5 hours later!
Other trip May 17, 2014
"worth the price"
I was visiting my son in North Adams. The Holiday Inn wanted $179.00 for one night. For a much cheaper price, we were very satisfied. Clean and comfortable, no problem checking in. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Shari
"Won't stay here again"
After climbing the treacherous stairs to get to our second floor room, we found the room to be 85. The beds were saggy and uncomfortable, and we could hear the tv in the room next to us. The shower was clean and hot; but that was the only redeeming quality.
1 night trip May 3, 2014