All hotels in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereLangdon Road, Swansea, Wales, SA1 8QY, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Improving."
As a regular at the Village Hotel in Swansea, due to work, We previously found the Italian restaurant and bar food pretty poor and usually headed into the city center. However, on a recent visit I had been on my own, so rather than going out to eat alone, I decided to give the onsite restaurant another go. I was very pleasantly surprised with both the quality of the menu, the food itself and the service - something or someone has given it a good going over and it is much improved. The bar food has also improved with a new menu. The usual facilities are pretty good for a hotel, gym not bad, the pool is great etc. All in all - still way overpriced (I have stayed in better in the center of London for far less), but not bad when there isn't much else to choose from in the City.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"All in all...ok."
All in all an ok hotel and I do feel for under £100 per night it's value for money with free wifi, free parking and breakfast included. Cleanliness isn't the greatest however. Grout in bathrooms is often dark and mouldy. Bed's are ok but could be better but they are a standard hotel level. I never eat in the main restaurant, Vito's as the food is so poor. Either venture in Swansea or for 'pub food' try The Victory inside the hotel. Gym/Pool facilities are pretty good.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
"Does What It Says On The Tin......."
Really good location, clean and tidy hotel with friendly helpful staff.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Andy Cable
"Nice hotel convenient for marina & town facilities"
All was good but tv remote not working. Housekeeper did her best but needed new remote which was not available.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
chrissie
"Great service but infrastructure a little tired"
I spent the night in Swansea during a business trip. The hotel location was good and the front desk staff very helpful. The only comment I would make is that whilst not an expensive hotel (compared to London) it was not cheap and some the the fixtures and fittings could do with a refresh. For instance staining to the carpet. Get this right and it's a great hotel and a great location rather than good.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
adeal3
"Good facilities"
Bathroom needed new sealant in shower/bath area
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"New hotel but no character"
Not enough staff in the restaurant very poor. Service however when I complained they didn't charge for the meal As hotel is a long way from town centre not exactly easy to go somewhere else Corridors were noisy with people in the night
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
fred said
"Welcoming, quirky feel - helpful reception"
I enjoyed my very brief stay at the hotel. I wanted to take dinner in my room and asked if I could opt for a smaller plate from the bar menu rather than the standard room service menu (from the main restaurant). This was no issue for the team at all and my food was delivered for the usual tray charge. Food was OK, nothing spectacular. I only ordered a fish finger sub but was expecting something better than 3 or four slightly overdone "own brand esque" fingers that I got. Starbucks for morning coffee and a catch up on emails was great!
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Claire
"Fantastic Hotel"
Close enough walk to city centre, marina & beach front. Modern hotel with excellent facilities, free car park & spacious hotel rooms.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Fair hotel"
Good parking,very noisy,no resturant open when we stayed,limited food in pub very expensive.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Nice tidy hotel with good rooms, great breakfast and excellent bar facilities. Apparently there is a good gym & pool, but we were on a lads weekend so never got in there!
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
"Nice hotel nearest it swimming pool at sketty"
Staff in restaurant were very accommodating opening early for breakfast to suit our convenience.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Janet
"Just what you would expect"
The hotel is set in a residential area by the marina. A nice spot and only a 10 minute walk to the start of the town centre. Bars and restaurants again well within walking distance 5 to 10 minute walk. We were on a 3 night break arriving Friday and departing Monday. The Hotel was busy all weekend with a wedding on Saturday which lead to a little noise with people smoking and chatting outside of the hotel entrance. We could only just hear them but we are heavy sleepers and we were on the top floor, but speaking to some fellow guests who were closer said it was noisy. Still this is a large city chain hotel and we expected it to be busy. It needs a little freshening up in places but again on the hole fine. Breakfast was nice with a good choice each morning. I had seen some reviews saying it was a bit of a bun fight in the morning but we did not have a problem, plenty of food no queues and fast service. We ate out each night so cannot comment on the evening meals, but again the menus looked nice in both the main restaurant and the sports bar. Over all exactly what we expected when we booked. A reasonable hotel in a good area at a fare price. Would use again no problem.
3 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
Steve1336
I injoyed my stay, the staff were brilliant. Food was good and rooms were very tidy.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Agdm
"Pretty good"
Slow check in & no response from reception from room. One set of towels for two people. Once I managed to talk to staff. we were given a second set.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Can get noisy"
The hotel is slightly out of the town centre. Staff are friendly. The hotel has a large function room on the first floor which caters for weddings, parties etc. that can go on until the early hours. Expect lots of load music
3 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Very freindly Welsh people"
Thoroughly enjoyed as always!!
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Adele & Paul Pascoe
"Price reflective of hotel"
Hotel is appropriate for business, I have stayed twice but would not rebook due to the level of noise from the Gym at 6:50am and on an evening.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Alison
"Convenient location close to city centre"
Hotel close to major road links. Lots of free parking. Clean room if slightly dated. Good atmosphere in the bar. Excellent leisure facilities. 30 min easy walk into city centre.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Charlie
"Nice Hotel, 10-15min stroll into Swansea or Marina"
We stayed for 1 night in an Upperdeck Room, very comfy bed, good room size and bathroom & WiFi. Plenty of car parking spaces. This was our 2nd visit here, would go back again.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Rich
I found it quite short staffed in the dining room for breakfast. Lots of queuing to be seated, waiting for food to be topped up, tables cleaned. Had to go looking for a jug for milk for my tea, because they brought me tea but no milk. Ended up using a juice glass. Bacon empty, brown sauce empty, scrambled egg empty. The dining room was no where near full so I know it wasn't because we picked the busiest time. Staff seemed stressed also.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
I booked this stay for 4 engineers who were a long way from home, all four came back to me the next day and said it was really good. Thank you for looking after our boys so far from home. Samantha.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
Samantha
"Excellent gym in this comfortable hotel"
We had a long weekend at this hotel and really enjoyed ourselves. The gym is amazing and the rooms are comfortable. The only negative is the lift, which is slow and there is only 1 of them. On a busy Easter weekend, it was just easier to take the stairs.
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
"Friendly hotel"
Fantastic hotel staff helpful and polite.bathroom could have been cleaner. Hotel restaurant food fantastic
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
neil
"I did the job"
Our only gripe was that the Italian restaurant was closed for a private party but no one bothered to put a sign up to warn us so we were forced to dine in the pub which would not have been our choice but it turned out to be fine
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Great modern hotel, great food, fantastic leisure facilities, great location, 10 minute walk to Wind street, 5 minutes to the beach front & marina!All good!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Covenient Location"
This is an OK hotel. Getting a bit tatty in places and the pub food is nothing to get excited about. Room was spacious and well equipped (Upper Deck Room). If you want a fitness centre, this is an excellent option.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
Steve S
"Would of been nice to stay..."
To have a call from the hotel at 9.30pm after already driving for 5 hours with an hour to go to be bounced to another hotel as 'We don't have room and your the last person to arrive'! Not happy!
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Ian B
"Great value for money"
Very impressed with the hotel. The staff were very friendly and the facilities were incredible. Will definitely go again
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
This hotel has every thing you need. Once in, I left all to attend to business. 24hr access to gym would be great for residents.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Andrew Dowling
The hotel is easy to get to with lots of parking. We checked in quickly and easily. The room was great and had plenty of room. However the restaurant in the morning for breakfast was awful. Tables were piled with used dishes and there was no urgency to clear up. We waited ages to be seated.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
"great hotel"
stayed here for our second time this year hotel is superb we had food in the victory bar which was very nice,good atmosphere.cracking breakfast .great view over the mumbles from oue 4th floor room comfy bed,had a swim and sauna enjoyed every minute will go back
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
yorkie
great facilities, friendly staff but the sea view at extra cost is not worth it
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2014
"Nice hotel with good amenities"
The hotel was good convenient situation. My only complaint was that the room was extremely hot. There was a heated towel rail in the bathroom but it was not possible to turn this off.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
Janet
"Friendly staff large comfortable rooms"
Very comfortable thank you
4 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"Thump thump thump"
Noisy thumping Saturday night - didn't hear any music but just resounding thumping like someone wielding a hammer. Stopped me getting to sleep easily. Ned end to put drinking glasses in room. Excellent breakfast. Would be a good idea to celebrate St. David's Day with daffodils and Welsh Cakes at breakfast.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Gill Stafford
"Dissapointing room 225"
Awoke both mornings at 0630 with thumping loud music apparently coming from the Fitness class, not an ideal time to be woke especially as I expressed a quiet room as working nights. Staff didnt offer anything apart from to mention it about turning music down . Would not recommend this Hotel to any one who wants to sleep past 0630
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
It was for my birthday so it was nice good breakfast nice pool
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
Sandra
"Ideal in Every way"
The Hotel was very good, Food in Pub was very good, Reception Staff very helpful. Rooms could do with a better clean around bath seal but other than that Spotless.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
CJ61
"Overrated and overpriced"
The hotel is out of the action but looks nice on approach. When I arrived my room was not ready so reception took my suitcase & I returned later to pick up my key.I was at the venue for a conference for which I had a large number of items in my car.I asked about unloading & was told to take the porters trolley, load up & bring it back in & someone would help me from there. On return to the building after struggling with the trolley I asked for help and they told me I had to take the items upstairs which meant manoeuvring further - this time into a tiny lift which it could only just fit in - there was no help offered & I would guarantee this is against manual handling rules.I arrived into my room and my suitcase was not present. I phoned down to reception who said they don't offer the service of suitcases being delivered to rooms but would bring it up for me. I waited 40 minutes & then proceeded downstairs after getting fed up of waiting. I asked at reception and they went to get it with no apology for not bringing it up. The way the room was laid out the head of the bed was directly in line with the door. This meant light shining around the door edge & through the "peephole" which was uncomfortable & made a beam of light directly towards me. The bathroom extractor fan was on permanently making a noise that you could hear even with the door closed. This was made worse but the fact that it got louder from time to time and woke me up on several occasions. Very disappointed
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
samjaynec
we didn't stay there due to storm damage - we were accomodated in another hotel which was very nice.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Swansea 22/12 - 03/01"
The only little remark we have: add safes to the rooms.
8 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"good hotel"
managed to get it at a good rate which is unusual for this property, had to change my plans and Hotels.com were really helpful.
3 night business trip Jan 6, 2014
Andy
"Great value for money"
Overall great stay, quiet location and great facilities. Only minor point is there was a bit of mildew around the bath area and shower bracket was hanging off the wall. However I'm sure if we had reported the shower the lovely staff would have done something about it but for 1 night it wasn't worth complaining. Reception we're extremely helpful with booking taxis and giving directions etc.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Fantastic pool and associated facilities
4 night trip Dec 28, 2013
Really good night stay.Good atmosphere in the Victory bar on new years eve,will stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2013
Phillip Rees.
"birthday treat"
lovely staff.very efficient and hospitable especially in restaurant.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
mmkh
"Great business hotel"
The hotel was perfectly placed a mile away from where I was working. Very friendly and welcoming staff and the use of the great gym, pool, sauna and steam room for free until late was just what I needed to wind down. The rooms could have done with the sealant replacing in the bathroom as it was quite black in places. Not much to do nearby without a long walk but the restaurant and bar on site were enough entertainment and had good food.
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2013
Andy
"Village top hotel"
Second time checked in to the village hotel no problems rooms perfect slept great breakfast fantastic bar good atmosphere faultless
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
steve
"Best hotel in South Wales"
I am in South Wales every couple of weeks with work and have tried numerous hotels. This is the best hotel I have found in South Wales. Why? Free parking - on site Free internet - very quick to connect Lovely clean 25m swimming pool - open till 10pm Gym Check in is always swift Choice of 2 places to eat dinner Quick lift Friendly staff Clean rooms Very good breakfast Modern decor As always the beds in the standard rooms could do with being upgraded, they are as hard as a rock. I upgraded one night to the upper deck which has extra features - Bose sound system - sealy beds - sky The bed was better in the upper deck room. All in all, I keep coming back to this hotel and actually don't dread being away from home when I know I'm going somewhere so pleasant with such excellent facilities. It is more expensive than other hotels I have stayed in and just hope work don't say anything about the bills...
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2013