All hotels in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Langdon Road, Swansea, Wales, SA1 8QY, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"All you need for a nights stay"
Only stayed one night but room was fine on the 5th floor. Plenty of space inside. Bathroom was a little tired. Swimming pool was a nice extra with spa, sauna and steam included great after a late night.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
andrew
"Great value"
Large comfortable room, very friendly staff with great facilities. Only issue was the window would not stay open - we prefer fresh air to air conditioning. The location is in the new part of the marina development. Great, though pricey, restaurants within walking distance. Area newly built and rather soulless. Overall though would stay again thanks to the great staff and good facilities.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Ashley & Phil
"Good hotel, housekeeping to be desired"
Stay here occasionally for business. Choose an upper deck room. Although often missing the comforts that upper deck gives you and constantly asking reception to speak to housekeeping. Once you resolve these issues, the upper deck rooms are spacious and confortable. The bar downstairs is like a pub which is good for sports etc. Restaurant changes name quite often due to the differing views of the food. A bit hit n miss
4 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Excellent Food and Staff"
I was a little anxious when checking in for the weekend, during which I would be working, to find that the hotel would not only be hosting a wedding, but also a wedding fayre. Perhaps luckily having booked an Upper Deck room on the 4th floor facing the front of the hotel, I was never disturbed by either despite there being a live band for the wedding reception on the Saturday night. The food was excellent, both the breakfast and in the Victory bar, and the staff were superb. City centre Swansea is only a 15 min walk along the Welsh Costal Path, past some bistros and wine bars which I didn't try, but were very busy. I would definitely stop here again if I was in the area, and will consider other Village Urban Resort hotels elsewhere because of this stay.
2 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"Excellent service again."
We have stayed here previously and yet again we had a fantastic experience staying here before dropping our Daughter to Swansea Uni. Thanks to all at this hotel.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
colmatt
"Going Downhill"
We have stayed at the Village before and we had an excellent stay, but this time was a bad experience all round, we paid extra for upper deck room. The bathroom floor had grout missing from tiles, toilet seat was broken and loose, no drinking water, or tea making for first two days of stay. We ate in restaurant on first night and although food was ok,service was appalling,waiting an hour for main course. All in all not value for money, and Village hotels will not be seeing our custom again.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Rod
"Excellent room"
stay was only spoilt by the noise of the zumba class coming from the gym. Ask for room at the front of hotel
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"unclean room"
there was no welcome biscuit and fridge as we get in every hotel we;ve been to. the pillows were too hard and the bed side tables were very dirty. the food was very good but i will not recommend
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"weekend celebrations"
Hotel and staff are great. Breakfast food was absolutely lovely. However we thought we would eat in the expensive hotel restaurant for our special wedding anniversary meal but the food wasn't that great. We wished we eat in the pub within the hotel for dinner. Overall a lovely hotel which we will return but will not be there in evening.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Tracy
"Very good hotel with great facilities"
This is great hotel with good facilities,friendly staff and good food, Would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Pandy
"Nice comfortable hotel with generously sized rooms"
We stayed at the Village Hotel for three nights on Friday 29 August. The hotel is modern and clean and the staff in the Verve restaurant were extremely welcoming and attentive. A good budget option. You cannot check in until 3pm though. We arrived at around 1pm and had plans to visit family for 2pm - having explained this to the receptionist, she was able to find us a room at 1.30 which was great.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Secret hotel booking through Expedia"
On arrival at the hotel the receptionist said that the booking was accommodation only. When booking this hotel on the Expedia website it clearly stated Free Breakfast, I explained this and the receptionist shrugged her shoulders and said we would have to take it up with Expedia, there was nothing she could do. On our second evening the noise from the wedding disco below us kept us awake until it finished at 1.00am. The most positive aspect of our stay was the two evenings we dined in the restaurant. The food was superb and the staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. Lucas, in particular, went out of his way to sort out alternative routes for our journey home after hearing of our long journey down to Swansea.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Davey
"A Little disappointed"
I was disappointed with the state of the shower & bath grouting was mouldy. We found crumbs in our bed from the previous night feasting . Linen was not changed once in our three days stay.
3 night romance trip Aug 23, 2014
SG
"Great weekend in Swansea"
Great base to visit the beautiful Gower Peninsula . Staff very helpful, hotel comfortable and all the facilities you need. Easy access to the sea front / walking distance to town. Would definitely return if we were in the area again
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Loves to travel
"Nice big room though a bit noisy Hotel"
Only stayed there for one night and the room was very nice, huge and very comfy. However the walls were paperthin and you could hear every sound from the neighbouring rooms. The location is a bit lonely at the Marina but a 10 Minutes walk and you are in the center of Swansea.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
"Comfortable and good facilities close to city"
Good check-in Room Good Facilities - Bar/Restaurant/Fitness Suite/Starbucks great Prompt attention by staff to a Room Problem Good service by Restaurant Staff late on Saturday evening to a request for a herbal tea. Helpful Reception Staff when a request to stay over check-out time was made on us attending a 9:45am Pilates Fusion class on Sunday. A really enjoyable stay, would stay there again and recommend it to others.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Philip
"Would stay again"
For me it was ideal. It is in a new developement with nice walks around the harbour and only 10 minute walk to Swansea City Centre. The reception staff were polite and efficient. The room was clean and comfy and the bar was lively if that's what you are looking for. Only niggle was that I went to breakfast early and even then the cooked breakfast was looking tired. Other than that I would book here rather than some of the other chains which are nearer to town. (Room included free parking and breakfast)
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Taffy T
"Skid marks on furniture"
excellent facilities and very friendly staff. Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. Human excrement (skid marks) on both the chair and setee.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Mr T
"Very happy"
Very happy this hotel good place ,people very fast sorted problems
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Ernestas
"Improving."
As a regular at the Village Hotel in Swansea, due to work, We previously found the Italian restaurant and bar food pretty poor and usually headed into the city center. However, on a recent visit I had been on my own, so rather than going out to eat alone, I decided to give the onsite restaurant another go. I was very pleasantly surprised with both the quality of the menu, the food itself and the service - something or someone has given it a good going over and it is much improved. The bar food has also improved with a new menu. The usual facilities are pretty good for a hotel, gym not bad, the pool is great etc. All in all - still way overpriced (I have stayed in better in the center of London for far less), but not bad when there isn't much else to choose from in the City.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"All in all...ok."
All in all an ok hotel and I do feel for under £100 per night it's value for money with free wifi, free parking and breakfast included. Cleanliness isn't the greatest however. Grout in bathrooms is often dark and mouldy. Bed's are ok but could be better but they are a standard hotel level. I never eat in the main restaurant, Vito's as the food is so poor. Either venture in Swansea or for 'pub food' try The Victory inside the hotel. Gym/Pool facilities are pretty good.
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
"Does What It Says On The Tin......."
Really good location, clean and tidy hotel with friendly helpful staff.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Andy Cable
"Nice hotel convenient for marina & town facilities"
All was good but tv remote not working. Housekeeper did her best but needed new remote which was not available.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
chrissie
"Great service but infrastructure a little tired"
I spent the night in Swansea during a business trip. The hotel location was good and the front desk staff very helpful. The only comment I would make is that whilst not an expensive hotel (compared to London) it was not cheap and some the the fixtures and fittings could do with a refresh. For instance staining to the carpet. Get this right and it's a great hotel and a great location rather than good.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
adeal3
"Good facilities"
Bathroom needed new sealant in shower/bath area
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"New hotel but no character"
Not enough staff in the restaurant very poor. Service however when I complained they didn't charge for the meal As hotel is a long way from town centre not exactly easy to go somewhere else Corridors were noisy with people in the night
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
fred said
"Welcoming, quirky feel - helpful reception"
I enjoyed my very brief stay at the hotel. I wanted to take dinner in my room and asked if I could opt for a smaller plate from the bar menu rather than the standard room service menu (from the main restaurant). This was no issue for the team at all and my food was delivered for the usual tray charge. Food was OK, nothing spectacular. I only ordered a fish finger sub but was expecting something better than 3 or four slightly overdone "own brand esque" fingers that I got. Starbucks for morning coffee and a catch up on emails was great!
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2014
Claire
"Fantastic Hotel"
Close enough walk to city centre, marina & beach front. Modern hotel with excellent facilities, free car park & spacious hotel rooms.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Fair hotel"
Good parking,very noisy,no resturant open when we stayed,limited food in pub very expensive.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Nice tidy hotel with good rooms, great breakfast and excellent bar facilities. Apparently there is a good gym & pool, but we were on a lads weekend so never got in there!
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2014
"Nice hotel nearest it swimming pool at sketty"
Staff in restaurant were very accommodating opening early for breakfast to suit our convenience.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Janet
"Just what you would expect"
The hotel is set in a residential area by the marina. A nice spot and only a 10 minute walk to the start of the town centre. Bars and restaurants again well within walking distance 5 to 10 minute walk. We were on a 3 night break arriving Friday and departing Monday. The Hotel was busy all weekend with a wedding on Saturday which lead to a little noise with people smoking and chatting outside of the hotel entrance. We could only just hear them but we are heavy sleepers and we were on the top floor, but speaking to some fellow guests who were closer said it was noisy. Still this is a large city chain hotel and we expected it to be busy. It needs a little freshening up in places but again on the hole fine. Breakfast was nice with a good choice each morning. I had seen some reviews saying it was a bit of a bun fight in the morning but we did not have a problem, plenty of food no queues and fast service. We ate out each night so cannot comment on the evening meals, but again the menus looked nice in both the main restaurant and the sports bar. Over all exactly what we expected when we booked. A reasonable hotel in a good area at a fare price. Would use again no problem.
3 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
Steve1336
I injoyed my stay, the staff were brilliant. Food was good and rooms were very tidy.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Agdm
"Pretty good"
Slow check in & no response from reception from room. One set of towels for two people. Once I managed to talk to staff. we were given a second set.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Can get noisy"
The hotel is slightly out of the town centre. Staff are friendly. The hotel has a large function room on the first floor which caters for weddings, parties etc. that can go on until the early hours. Expect lots of load music
3 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Very freindly Welsh people"
Thoroughly enjoyed as always!!
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Adele & Paul Pascoe
"Price reflective of hotel"
Hotel is appropriate for business, I have stayed twice but would not rebook due to the level of noise from the Gym at 6:50am and on an evening.
1 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Alison
"Convenient location close to city centre"
Hotel close to major road links. Lots of free parking. Clean room if slightly dated. Good atmosphere in the bar. Excellent leisure facilities. 30 min easy walk into city centre.
Other trip May 4, 2014
Charlie
"Nice Hotel, 10-15min stroll into Swansea or Marina"
We stayed for 1 night in an Upperdeck Room, very comfy bed, good room size and bathroom & WiFi. Plenty of car parking spaces. This was our 2nd visit here, would go back again.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Rich
I found it quite short staffed in the dining room for breakfast. Lots of queuing to be seated, waiting for food to be topped up, tables cleaned. Had to go looking for a jug for milk for my tea, because they brought me tea but no milk. Ended up using a juice glass. Bacon empty, brown sauce empty, scrambled egg empty. The dining room was no where near full so I know it wasn't because we picked the busiest time. Staff seemed stressed also.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
I booked this stay for 4 engineers who were a long way from home, all four came back to me the next day and said it was really good. Thank you for looking after our boys so far from home. Samantha.
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
Samantha
"Excellent gym in this comfortable hotel"
We had a long weekend at this hotel and really enjoyed ourselves. The gym is amazing and the rooms are comfortable. The only negative is the lift, which is slow and there is only 1 of them. On a busy Easter weekend, it was just easier to take the stairs.
3 night family trip Apr 18, 2014
"Friendly hotel"
Fantastic hotel staff helpful and polite.bathroom could have been cleaner. Hotel restaurant food fantastic
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
neil
"I did the job"
Our only gripe was that the Italian restaurant was closed for a private party but no one bothered to put a sign up to warn us so we were forced to dine in the pub which would not have been our choice but it turned out to be fine
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Great modern hotel, great food, fantastic leisure facilities, great location, 10 minute walk to Wind street, 5 minutes to the beach front & marina!All good!
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Covenient Location"
This is an OK hotel. Getting a bit tatty in places and the pub food is nothing to get excited about. Room was spacious and well equipped (Upper Deck Room). If you want a fitness centre, this is an excellent option.
1 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
Steve S
"Would of been nice to stay..."
To have a call from the hotel at 9.30pm after already driving for 5 hours with an hour to go to be bounced to another hotel as 'We don't have room and your the last person to arrive'! Not happy!
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2014
Ian B
"Great value for money"
Very impressed with the hotel. The staff were very friendly and the facilities were incredible. Will definitely go again
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
This hotel has every thing you need. Once in, I left all to attend to business. 24hr access to gym would be great for residents.
4 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
Andrew Dowling
The hotel is easy to get to with lots of parking. We checked in quickly and easily. The room was great and had plenty of room. However the restaurant in the morning for breakfast was awful. Tables were piled with used dishes and there was no urgency to clear up. We waited ages to be seated.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014