All hotels in Ocean Grove, New Jersey, United States of America
19 Main Ave, Ocean Grove, NJ, 07756, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
"best hotel ever"
Best staff ever love the place will go back!
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Ronald
"Pleasant stay at the Majestic!!"
Nice hotel right off the beach.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
Norm
"Cozy and romantic shore getaway"
What a fun, cozy, and romantic experience at the Jersey Shore. Location couldn't be better and it was the perfect getaway for us after a week of business in the city.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Weekend trip"
Great stay here. Very service oriented staff and a very cozy neighborhood. Loved to stay here.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
"A Wonderful Surprise"
as we arrived during the off-season on the Jersey Shore after attending an event at Monmouth University, we were absolutely delighted to discover a chamber orchestra practicing in the Majestic Hotel. After quickly unpacking, we came back to the lobby and enjoyed a wonderful private concert. What a treat to have stumbled across this wonderful confluence of treasures - Ocean Grove itself, a great historic hotel, relaxed hosts, a weekend with my wife and a private chamber orchestra concert. Hard to beat all that!
Traveler
"Nice hotel, steps to the beach"
Great hotel! Wonderful and kind staff, close to the beach and all of the cute Ocean Grove shops.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Mandy
"Great Place, Clean and close to everything!"
Would stay here again, very clean, great staff and very courteous. Let me stay and extra hour . Awesome room and very great location.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Mike Hunt
"Jersey Shore in Winter"
We picked the Majestic because it came out on top and was the right price -- I went down the list but didn't see anything that looked as attractive. It was a great choice as the room was warm and cozy on a cold night, the bed very comfortable, and the staff helpful and pleasant. It was like being in a private home and we enjoyed our short stay.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
RB
Had a nice stay here. Friendly staff and quiet neighborhood in the winter. Room was cold at first but then heated up with some time. Only thing is the walls were super thin in our room and you could hear people conversating, laughing and snoring. Good thing I brought earplugs though. Nice brrakfast spread and a nice lobby and porch lounge area. Was nicely decorated for the holidays.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Quiet during off-peak month"
Warm and cozy. Home-like atmosphere. Great service. Minor repair issues but, otherwise, a wonderful experience.
Other trip Dec 20, 2014
Great location! Very close to beach and the massage and restaurant I made reservations to. Our room was perfect. Clean. Comfortable. Warm. No complaints at all. I definitely see myself coming back.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Irene
"Lovely weekend stay"
The staff was very friendly and the accomodations were lovely, but the bed wasn't that comfortable.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"california couple in heaven"
we live in california and were coming back to see family. My grandmother lived in Oceangrove 45 years ago.I wanted to show the town to my spouse.It was GRAND!The hotel PERFECT!A spectacular memory. We walked on the boardwalk the night we got there.We had a good nights sleep on the comfy bed.Got up the next morning to a delicious breakfast. Then walked on the beach before we checked out.It was the best night of our week in New Jersey!
1 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
scott
Really have nothing bad to say. I guess breakfast could be better if you are expecting made-to-order, but I thought it was fine. Other than that, I liked the room, the management, the location. Great stay!
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"A lovely fall stay"
The proprietor greeted us warmly and we felt right at home immediately. Being just a few steps from the beach and from lovely shops and restaurants was fantastic! Breakfast was very enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Laurene
"excellent experience"
Such a cute place. Makes you feel cozy immediately even before you walk in the door. The host was incredibly helpful and sweet, showed us the best places on a town map and offered complete assistance if we were to need anything at all. We stayed in one of the newer modern rooms so the decor was updated and contemporary. The room was small but it's all you need. Verrrry comfortable pillows and comforter. Walking distance to the beach and to many shops and restaurants in town. I would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
Emily
"Renew yourself at the Majestic"
This hotel is beautiful and quiet. It is in the perfect spot to experience the quaintness of Ocean Grove. It is like stepping back in time to simpler times. I highly recommend this hotel. It has balconies where you can sit and watch the ocean. It renews you.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Suzette
"I was looking for something different and found it"
I travel every week and I really wanted to find something different. Having never spent any time on the shore, this was the perfect spot. 1/2 block from the beach in an amazing victorian neighborhood with clean accommodations fit just right. Although I had no issues at all, if you are looking for stellar wifi, a generous parking lot, or state of the art tv, do everyone a favor and look/stay/complain elsewhere. Bob couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.
3 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
Sean
"perfect"
The night of engagement here. It was a perfect staying experience. Definitely, we will rebook in the near future. The room was featured with old fashioned European style design and surprisingly orange-flavor shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer. The hotel is close to the beach and it is just 1 min walking there. Enjoy the peaceful and beautiful nights here. Recommend Room 2. You can see the beach directly from the window and it is opened to the balcony.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
Nice hotel-one block from the beach. Nice balcony.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Great location, very nice rooms, great common space to spread out and enjoy -- 2nd floor balcony porch, 4th floor enclosed sitting room and outdoor tables, etc. Window unit AC is not the best but certainly better than nothing. Restaurant on site was very good.
"Great Clean Hotel"
Just loved it will definitely be back the end of August for 2 nights. Very comfortable for a family of 4. My two sons were so happy that they had gotten to stay at a B&B in Ocean Grove. We usually stay at the Marriott, but we were so lucky they had availability. The common front porch area was great and the views were just awesome.
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Tammy
"Biggest rooms in OG"
Perfect! Nice sized rooms--loved it! Everything was great. It wasn't pristine, but it was clean. I was really happy with the room. I've stayed everywhere in OG and this room was big in comparison!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Great hotel! Close to the beach and perfect for a romantic getaway!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Enjoyable experience"
I would recommend this place to someone who is looking for a place to stay that is close to the beach/boardwalk. They have a restaurant downstairs that had excellent seafood (a little pricey) but was very good. Later on in the evening I went to the restaurant and ordered 2 desserts (delicious) and they had them sent to the room. The room itself was not very big (room 6) but if it is only you and your significant other it should be plenty. The bed was comfortable and it opened out to a small balcony where you had a side view of the ocean. Pros: Very friendly and informative staff, had a very "homely" feel to it, very comfortable bed, affordable rates, close to the beach/boardwalk. Cons: Small television, could hear footsteps above room, it was hard to find a parking spot during the day. If I happen to come to this area again, majestic will be first on the list.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Cries for maintenance/repair"
Not yet recovered from Sandy. But, many in-room issues that should be noticed by housekeeping and reported/fixed. Staff did not ask for suggestions, observations or feedback.
Other trip May 27, 2014
We enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff was wonderful!
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Pleasant one night stay"
Overall, a great experience for a night away. Because it was mid-week and off-season, it was extremely affordable. Ocean Grove is a cute town with many quaint shops. The updated room we stayed in did not advertise an ocean view and yet still had a small balcony where the ocean was visible.
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2014
"Great location, friendly staff, but an old hotel"
I stayed here for just one night after Easter and would recommend it with some caveats. Ocean Grove obviously is a beach town, and I stayed on a Monday night. Many stores and restaurants are closed on Monday and/or Tuesday, so I didn't get to see everything I would have liked. I love walking the beach but do not care to see people in bathing suits, so I went in April. It was perfect for me, and I would return in the Fall. The hotel is old, but in good condition. You won't find some of the fine details that are in more modern facilities, and some of the fixtures and appliances are old, but everything is in good working order. For the continental breakfast, you fill out your order the night before, and designate the time you'd like it. In the morning you go down to the dining area and the owner brings you your breakfast. So there's a personal touch, and the hotel doesn't waste money providing a lot of food that might go to waste.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Rosary Girl
"Beautiful hotel, close to the beach"
Beautiful accommodations in a great setting. The staff was incredibly helpful. Will definitely be back.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"This is the place to stay!!"
Welcoming, comfortable, clean, and charming....this and more. I used to live in the area before moving to SoCal so I knew of this B&B. When I planned to come to the area recently....I knew I would like to stay here. I have to say this beautiful place exceeded my expectations. The service was excellent. ...the owner is a sweetheart. ....what more can I say...except.......stay here when you visit. I am sure you will be exceedingly pleased.
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
The hotel itself is beautiful but I would not go back. When we arrived the heat had not been turned in the room and it was freezing. The bathroom floor tile was even colder and stepping out of the shower onto the floor was not fun. I hope the AC works better in the summer. Perhaps they should not stay open in the winter.
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2014
"Beautifully unique"
I really loved this hotel. I enjoyed how personal the whole experience was; I was able to walk down the steps and speak with friendly staff at any time during the day. The only reason I didn't give it all 5's is because it is an old house and therefore has old house issues such as a squeaky sink and finicky shower. This is not a stereotypical hotel, but if you enjoy unique, you'll love it.
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"A trip back in time...in a good way"
The Majestic is...well...a majestic old Victorian with a view of the Atlantic on a street of beautifully restored old houses. If this is your sort of thing, the Majestic is the perfect place for you (as it was for me). With any restored B&B, you need to be realistic...this won't be ideal for the traveler who needs everything new and fast -- The water never really got hot enough, but that is to be expected in an old hotel. Embrace the past - this place is fantastic.
3 night business trip Feb 19, 2013
Celia S.
"Friendly Staff"
The Majestic is a wonderful and friendly bed and breakfast. Jim was very attentive to our needs and we felt right at home. The house is gorgeous with many different views of the ocean, even though it's about a half a block inland. There is a beautiful sitting room at the top of the house as well as two porches you can sit on: one is located on the first level and another on the second level. The lobby is very welcoming and a nice place to eat your continental breakfast and read a newspaper.
Other trip Jan 24, 2013
Sully
"week of hurricane Sandy"
In retrospect-this place was a haven of heaven for my husband and I,who was working around the clock for the relief.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2012
katheryn

"Lovely, quaint well appointed hotel near the beach"
Hotel is small, quaint and very well maintained. It was decorated very nicely for Christmas and had a very welcoming feel. The facilities were modern and the rooms tastefully decorated. It is located a block from the beach as well as a block from small shops and restuarants. Great location.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
judy
"Wonderful stay and perfect location!"
It was a wonderful place that went out of their way to accommodate us during our stay. We stayed in Room #4 that was lovely but the 2-double beds were just a bit hard for us older ladies. Otherwise, it was a clean & nice place to stay in a perfect location. Just a few steps away from the beach boardwalk & walking distance to a lovely shopping area too!
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Eileen
"Pleasant hotel not far from the waterfront"
Neat and well-appointed room, quiet handy location, helpful staff. No problem getting an extra (inflatable) bed. Breakfast was better than we had had in other hotels. Only problem was that the reception was not always manned.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Andy
Friendly and helpful staff. Hotel facade and lobby nicer than the room. Room was uncomfortably hot - AC at full blast didn't make much impact.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"Can't fault it"
We had an excellent one night stay in a good looking and comfortable room with balcony. Staff were very friendly and told us about the local area. The hotel is close to the Main Street and beach, and a short walk from the restaurants in Asbury Park. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, and thought it was good value.
1 night romance trip Apr 6, 2014
Simon C
"Great location in a beautiful Victorian style hote"
Room was clean and the amenities good. The owner was very friendly and helpful and we shared our travel experiences which was a nice way to get to know each other. Would love to come back in summer and see what it is like walking along the boardwalk.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014

"Idyll"
Mysigt och frächt
1 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Per
SE
"Älteres Hotel in Strandnähe"
Badeurlaub nach Rundreise: Nur in diesem Hotel wollten die Mitarbeiter nochmal die Übernachtungskosten einziehen, obwohl diese bereits bezahlt waren. Nach unserem Hinweis und einem Telefonat hatte sich die Sache geklärt. Zimmer sind schon ziemlich abgewohnt und der Ausblick, z.B. auf ein Abluftrohr der Küche ist nicht sehr schön. Das Frühstück ist sehr spartanisch und war das einfachste von mehreren Hotels.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014