All hotels in Armagh, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
2 Friary Road, Armagh, Northern Ireland, BT60 4FR, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great amenities
    Great room
    Breakfast is average

"Great hotel with superb facilities"
We really enjoyed our stay in Armagh City Hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to everyone. The family room was very comfortable, clean and had everything we needed for a relaxing stay. The breakfast was absolutely superb as well as the food at the hotel restaurant. The staff was helpful and attentive. Can't fault the hotel and would love to come back!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Rob
It was good,there was one little thing,we went to use the residents bar one night,after answering all the questions at the front door another doorman stopped us asked me the same questions, then wouldn't believe me, after about 7 minutes standing in reception it was resolved.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
will
"enjoyed our stay. Staff very good"
Excellent
2 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
Murphy
"Friendly & Good Service"
The Hotel was very nice in all respects including a warm pool & hot jacuzzi. The standard was let down a bit by a tired bathroom and the pool facility needed refurbishment to reflect the high standard of other areas of the Hotel. A very pleasant stay and excellent facilities.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Do NOT go on July 12th!"
The hotel was fine. It was centrally located. We were there on July 12th so we had to deal with the "Billy boys". These are the Orangemen who celebrate a victory of King William over King James in 1690. Yes, 324 years later and they are still celebrating. The Orangemen took over this hotel. We had to listen to their chants and cheers for most of the evening into the night up to 4am. We did not realize we would be there for that and really had to fight the urge to punch some people. We considered calling the front desk or even the police but we realized, they are all Billy boys so, it would only make us targets. If you are there any other time you might not realize they are Orangemen so you might not be offended.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Marcia
"Lovely hotel."
We had a lovely weekend in this hotel. Good facilities & terrific food.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Jackie
"OK but too busy too family"
OK - a typical irish family town hotel. clean and comfortable but very busy (though quiet in room). Breakfast just OK
1 night romance trip May 24, 2014
Donald
"Hotel was good but"
The hotel was good but I went out of my way to get a family room rather than a suit even booked through hotel . Com rather than direct at hotel because the hotel only had suits left but the redemptionist decided without asking me to change the booking to a suit in a way they thought they they were helping I suppose but they should have contacted me first it was to late before I found out there were no family rooms left I hate the suits as there is no comunal space other than a holloway the family feels split in half due to to this we will not return to this hotel
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Mandy mac
"a fine hotel"
very happy with my stay here. Arrived late and staff were very helpful. Room was huge and well equipped and breakfast was plentiful and very good. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip May 15, 2014
Donegal Danny
"Very good hotel"
Mostly clean and comfortable rooms, nice biscuits, food is fine, very good hotel. The only thing that can irritate is the occasional smell from the caws from not so close neighborhood,.
2 night business trip Apr 21, 2014
""Friendly staff""
Friendly staff, great food in the bar and large bedrooms. Only negative was the beds, bit hard.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
DSL
"generally good"
I stayed here with 3 colleagues on business on a Tuesday evening. Rooms very good, beds very comfortable, good facilities and services, breakfast very good, dinner not bad. A couple of things let the hotel down. These days I expect a free wifi and not to be charged a ridiculous £15 for a 24 hour access. I expect the restaurant to be open on a Tuesday - it is closed every Monday to Wednesday - although there was a food area in the bar and table service, so it was manageable, but had I needed more formal setting, it would have been a problem.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Top notch"
Clean and comfortable. Well appionted.. What more do you need...
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Pool only available free from 3pm-5pm"
I chose the hotel because it had a pool but was disappointed we were only had free use of the pool from 3pm to 5pm and were charged £6 per person outside of these times. I was told by the hotel this was because we got a reduced rate with Expedia but this was not made clear on your site.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Sally and Jeff
"One Night Stay"
Been there for an event on a Saturday evening - very lively hotel, yet no noise in our room. Breakfast was particularly good - very rich, one of my top 5!
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014
John G
"Good hotel"
I've stayed in much much worse so called 3-star rated hotels. This was comfortable and welcoming, although that might have something more to do with the Irish hospitality than the hotel itself. Nothing was too much trouble and the gym is a very good modern gym - mainly because it's run by LA fitness and therefore isn't a typical "hotel gym". The food in the Bar was to an excellent standard although the choice was slightly limited.
2 night trip Jan 27, 2014
Anish
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.The facilities were excellent,the staff were very efficient and could not be more helpfu.The breakfast could have been better but that could have been because we only arrived a half hour before finihing time[10.00a.m]
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Malachy
Nice hotel good value nicee swiming pool just a shame with the pool they sold no swim waree and also stpooed serving bar food at 930 am just wanted a sanwich but was told sorry closed
1 night business trip Dec 18, 2013
Ernie
very comfortable hotel. Evening dinner was lovely. Breakfast average but rasher unedible - was too salty
1 night trip Nov 22, 2013
"Fabulous hotel & wonderful staff. Disabled friendy"
I enjoyed an overnight stay here on Friday 8th November whilst attending the SDLP annual Conference. My room was clean, comfortable and traditional with a modern twist (flat screen tv!!) I thouroughly enjoyed my day and night here. As a young woman with MS, I find walking a bit of a challenge especially when I've my crutch, handbag and a mini suitcase to lug around. Upon check in the pleasant receptionist asked if there was anything she could do for me and I believe she genuinely meant it, so I asked could someone help me with my luggage up to my room. This was not a problem. Less than a minute later, the most sweetest gentleman ever assisted me. I remember he wore glasses and I'm pretty sure his name badge stated 'bar manager' - although unfortunately I cannot remember his name. This charming gentleman chatted with me, took my bags, and escorted me to my room. Nothing was too much hassle. To that gentleman, thank you. Your physical help was truly appreciated. Such lovely polite staff in all areas of the hotel.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Cliona
"great stay"
enjoyed my stay, everything was fine, food and service excellent. will stay again.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
polarman
Very satisfactory. Friendly and helpful staff from check-in to all departments. Excellent value for money in the carvery and breakfast a good start to the day.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Welcoming hotel"
The hotel was great. Had a meal in the restaurant. very good and reasonablly priced. Room very comfy. Near city centre so handy foir exploring
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
we as a couple was put in a room with 3 single beds room 121. just didn't sleep at all wife the same just spoiled our stay
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
rosie
"Nice Room"
Good hotel, impressive ! food in bar was quick and enjoyable, prices were good too
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2013
Colin
"Brilliant - hotel and staff"
The staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful. The hotel open areas and room were very clean. The breakfasts were brilliant with choices to suit everyone and the pool, sauna and jacuzzi a pleasure. I would definitely recommend
3 night trip Sep 5, 2013
Brilliant
2 night business trip Sep 3, 2013
j
"2 noisy"
not the hotel 2 go 4 a quiet night road 2 busy ALL night & no aircon!
1 night trip Aug 21, 2013
"A great hotel in a great city"
A great hotel, conveniently located (although the main road is difficult to get across) to the heart of the city centre and next door to the city park and old friary ruins. Armagh itself is a wonderful place too.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
"Excellent Hotel"
Excellent hotel will use it again. The place was spotless and the food was also excellent. The service from the staff was friendly, courteous and efficient. Very good hotel
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Walter
"Good value, friendly hotel"
Very comfortable and conveniently located hotel, which I have used before. The outstanding part of our stay was, as always, the extremely friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Stuffy room"
Staff excellent, but no hot food available after 11, room was nice but very warm, no A/C. Would stay again but not if it's warm outside
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
Mick
"A great pleasant hotel."
Arrived early Friday afternoon, 2 hours before check-in time. Had a light lunch, went to reception where we were told our room was ready. Room airy and clean overlooking Armagh city.Staff courteous and pleasant. An extremely pleasant stay at a superb hotel!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great food"
Excellent from start to finish. The food was fantastic.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
Service at bar wasn't great n even when we ordered r food they forgot the sauce n we had to ask receptionist was lovelly though
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Quiet room"
Short stay but very quiet and comfortable
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2013
"ideal for Amargh"
stayed here before, hence re booked again, hint, if booking rear facing rooms quieter
1 night business trip May 28, 2013
"Great Value"
Love staying at this hotel, rooms are adequate and comfortable, gym is first, food is always good and the beer cold. The staff always friendly.
1 night business trip May 13, 2013
Tazman
"Thank goodness we had a great place to stay!"
Beautiful breakfast came with the room. Staff very accommodating and polite.
Other trip May 15, 2013
"Nothing too much trouble"
I was visiting 3 x 90+ aunts and other relatives during my 2 night day stay. Both nights it was not till after 8:30pm that I got back to hotel and wished an evening meal. The first night I was early enough to get a vegetarian pasta dish- top marks to chef and most able and friendly girl who delivered it to my room.2nd night too late for deli choice but again a staff member went and made me a terrific vegetarian sandwich.So appreciative. I'm not a big fan of filter coffee in the morning but again for both breakfasts, staff just made a cappuchino. Very friendly, hospitable and professional staff.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
D lyons
"Great hotel, food and staff"
Cannot fault the hotel we stayed for 6 nights arrived on Sunday 2 hours before check in was show a couple of rooms by the very helpful staff choose one at the front of hotel said we could have room straight away but opted to have lunch first. Had the carvery what a lovely meal. Breakfast was good but didnt like the bacon. Had a steak night meal on the Thursday night very nice with a bottle of wine £30 for two bargain. The room was clean and the shower very powerful. On the Friday night it was getting a bit noisy in the hotel as was a wedding on the next day close by Think it could get noisy on a weekend when night club is open Would Definately use this hotel again
Other trip Apr 14, 2013
Shaun & Tracy
"Business Mon-Fri, Party on the weekend"
A modern, clean and tidy hotel ideal for the business traveller and perfect for the weekend tourist. Staff could not do more for you, on site bar with live 'local' music, and a night club (called the 'Bunker' - very apt name) underneath. Breakfast was not to the standard of all the other fare I had the pleasure to consume while in N.Ireland - White & Black pudding was particularly disappointing, but there was a large and varied selection of hot and cold.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
Tiger
Excellent hotel. Easy to get to and the staff were very helpful.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"good all rounder"
great central hotel clean and nice bar rooms are great size breakfast was lovely
Other trip Mar 7, 2013
"there for football"
lovely hotel,great staff,and will go again
2 night trip Mar 1, 2013

"Bien"
Buena calidad-precio.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
ES
"Bett war älter als ich"
Zunächst die positiven Merkmale: Das Hotel ist leicht zu finden und sein Auto kann man gleich gegenüber dem Eingang parken. Auch das Hallenbad, Dampfbad, Sauna und Jacuzzi waren einwandfrei. Dieses kann ich nicht über die Matratze in meinem Bett berichten. Ich habe jede Metallstrebe der Matratze an meinem Körper gespürt. Noch einmal möchte ich mir eine Übernachtung in diesem Hotel nicht zumuten.
1 night trip May 27, 2014