All hotels in Fajardo, Puerto Rico
1000 Conquistador Avenue, Fajardo, 00738, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

Food is all right
  • Value
    Poor value for money
"Nice hotel with great views"
The hotel is overall nice. Overpriced food, transportation and tours and be prepared for extra resort taxes at check out. The island with its huge debt is trying to survive on tourism. Try to venture out for cheaper and better food. Beautiful Island and worth going to Old San Juan.. La Fortaleza street has great restaurants.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
N. A
"Sweet and Sour"
The hotel is nice, great view. The first day after enjoyed the water park, we noted a strong mushiness odor in the room. We notified in the front desk and they told that somebody will check. After more than an hour that nobody arrives I tried to contact the front desk and two times the operator transfer me and nobody answer, the third time she transfer me to The Hotel San Juan front desk, they transfer me to the operator and again she transfer me to the Hotel San Juan Hotel. I was 20 min. in the call because at the end they charge me the call! Later a men arrived to the room with a odor spay ( sea breeze) and sprayed that thing all over the room. The odor was strong but better. The next day they clean the room. We went to Palominos and the last day to the pool, the service of the waiters was great and we enjoyed very much the Hotel. At the checkout they charge the call and a 70$ that were wrong, the guy who was in training erase the 70$ charge but not the call, we tried to pay cash but was impossible for him ti understand that, he only repeat that we own nothing because was charge to the card. We left without much discussion because an appointment. When we arrive at our location after the hotel, noted a not deep hit in the car from the vallet parking.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Chellange
"Nice view but dated and for families"
Has a great view but for me (32 year old single male at a wedding) it didn't impress me. It was almost like they started putting money into the resort and then stopped halfway. Pool areas, lobby and views are nice but it pretty much ends there. Food is overpriced and not good. Stick with steakhouse and Italian place. It's too expensive for PR, isolated from any "off resort things" and is basically a family resort. There was ZERO things for a 21 and over crowd to do on property. No casino, night club, dance club or late night adult only areas. The bar area (ironically called bar 21) is a huge open space with some pool tables, a dance floor, karaoke and could be a cool place to hang out late night to dance, drink and mingle. Problem is, it is OVERRUN by children (1-15 years old) running around and playing while older people drink at the bar and creepily have to watch young kids dance and sing kiddie songs. I think there were more strollers than high top tables for hanging out...and this was at MIDNIGHT! Saturday night was a ghost town at midnight. The "martini bar" upstairs was closed. Also the excursion to the rainforest was a waste. They could have told you, "hey FYI we are in a draught, save your money, the waterfall is going to be like a dripping faucet." No exaggeration.... Service is extremely nice but slow. Swim up pool bar was a joke. Wasn't even a staff member or stocked bar in the swim up area. Wedding was overpriced for what you got. Cocktail hour a joke
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
JC
"Amazement"
Overal my wife and I loved the Conquistaor! We would definitely recommend it to our family and friends! If your looking for a relaxing stay in Puerto Rico then this is the best resort on the island! If your looking for a singles get away we wouldn't really recommend the resort. At night they really don't have a nightlife beside a bar and some cheese DJ with a bunch of kids dancing everywhere. All in all the activities the resort provides are amazing and their private island "WOW". We enjoyed every min of our stay!
Response by El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Thank you so much...we appreciate the recommendation!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Mr. Martinez
"Beautiful, relaxing spot."
This is a great find and well worth the price. I had an ocean view room- looked over terrace of three pools then the ocean. Threw the sliding door open and felt that I had the ocean at my doorstep. I was traveling alone but whether I was working on my laptop at the bar or needing a table for one the Staff was welcoming and helpful. Tour desk got me into a biobay tour when local outfitters were full ( very fun but only if you are comfortable in a kayak and up for an adventure!). Definitely would come back!
Response by El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at El Conquistador and for providing a great recommendation. We hope to see you back again very soon.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
kris
"Did not live up to our expectations"
I was so excited to be staying at El Conquistador as I had heard great things about it. So you can imagine my disappointment...I blame it on management. Check-in is at 3pm we got there at 4pm and the front desk person was nice however the rooms were not ready so the check-in process took 25 to 30 mins. We got a room in Marina Village. The views are spectacular when we got into the room it was nice. The problem was in the bathroom it was infested with roaches. I spent the next couple of hours trying to hold of someone to change the room. The lines were long to get back to the front lobby. I told my husband lets stick it out the night...well it was a long night. The next morning at 5am we went to the front desk to request a room change, we got free breakfast and a room change however the room did not become available until 7pm was when received the call that it was ready. I must add that the front desk person mentioned that people had complained about the room the day before we checked in, Rm 1118. Palomino Island is gorgeous as I mentioned the views are spectacular. We spent a lot of time outside of the resort as after that first night I really did not feel like spending my birthday weekend in place that was not clean. As for my ratings it was disappointing the level of customer service was not there, the restaurants were pricey and food was average at best, both rooms needed a good cleaning. Did not live up to the hype. Condo and Isla Verde have better hotels.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
Janice
Good, bathroom appearence may be better. But overrall one of the best hotels in Puerto Rico.
Response by El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Thank you...we really appreciate the kind feedback. Hope to see you back again very soon.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Not good"
It was way too expensive. We couldn't even have my older aunt and uncle come and visit us at the hotel. They stopped them at the gate. It was awful. The rooms are so far that it took such a long walk to get to the room. The parking was ridiculous because we had to wait for a shuttle bus that took forever to come. The restaurants were overpriced. We didn't even have a microwave on our room. They charged $20 per day to use it. Then we had a $40 resort charge PER DAY! There's a waterpark at the resort but not until we got there, we discovered it wasn't even complimentary for the guests. They wanted us to pay$26 per person for the waterpark. So we didn't enjoy that part. Then they don't mention how you need to take a ferry in order to even get to the beach and it only operates from 9a-5p. The bottom of the hotel where you think it'll be a beach was a marina with boat docking, etc. I would never stay here again and it's just not worth it!
6 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Rose
"Beautiful!!"
My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. It was absolutely beautiful!! Our room view had an amazing ocean view and the hotel staff was all about customer service. The food at the resort was great!!! We felt extremely safe and Palomino Island was the best part about our trip! Definitely going back!!!
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
"Spectacular Views & Great Service"
Amazing location on top of a cliff. Got upgraded to a fantastic Ocean View room. Hotel has great amenities and service was impeccable. Definitely recommended.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Jesus
"Good times with minor exceptions"
Overall, it was not a bad experience. The hotel is large with excellent views of the ocean. The good: - Always felt safe and easy to navigate around the resort - Room was quiet - Friendly staff working the cable car to the Marina - Great golf course - The Chops restaurant was really good Some comments: - the check-in process was lengthy and took about an hour. There were six people working, but I guess a huge rush of people arrived at the same time (just my luck). When it was my turn, the check-in process was quick. There were at least 4 employees who helped the same people for the entire hour I was waiting in line. I guess there were major problems with their reservations? I did not expect the process to take an hour. - avoid the restaurant called Sweet Heaven. The service was not good and the food was mediocre. I didn't finish my coffee and chose to go to Starbucks (in the resort) instead. - Upon checking-out, I inquired to the front desk and the concierge about any restaurant or shopping recommendations in San Juan. Everybody told me "there is nothing in that area", which I knew was impossible. It felt like I was being rushed out the door.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Average quality -- high prices"
the hotel is an impressive huge old building with a lot to explore, and far distances to walk. Overall its way too expensive for its average quality. (parking--$15/night additional, business center also additional) Same goes for the restaurants and bars on the premises, very high price for average quality meals. If it were not for the Palomino Island beach it wouldn't be worth it. If you have kids they may like Palomino and the ferry ride, and you may like the grounds and the view, but I certainly will not repeat.
2 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Alan
"I was expecting something better"
Restaurants too expensive. I was not aware that visits are not allowed. Beach at Palomino island was full of algae and small rocks at the bottom.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Victor
"Excellent facilities but disappointing staff"
Check-in is after 4 pm. We arrived on Saturday, July 25, at 5 pm and our room was not ready until 7:30 pm, after we follow up on the status of the availability of the room. The facilities of the hotel are excellent. Our stay was supposed to end at 12 m on Monday, July 27, but we requested an extended check-out and the same was granted until 2 pm. While we were doing check out at the agreed time, a telephone call was received at the room by my wife in which an unidentified staff member, in a rude fashion, instructed my wife to vacate immediately the room. Very disappointing and unfortunate situation particularly in a hotel of this category, which is expensive. The situation was notified at the front desk but the staff member was not identified to us.
"Extra charges"
I stayed for seven days! Everything was nice, fine and really good. But after i paid for the hotel and went to do check in,, they were more expenses i had not know of. Had to make some fast emergency to make the full payment! Another thing is, after paying the hotel it did not include parking fees
7 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
Adolfo
"Can't judge a book by its cover.."
I attempted to leave a detailed review but it seems to be too long. Overall to sum it up the experience in total was a 3.. The only reason it gets a 3 is because the property is BEAUTIFUL. If the property was mediocre it would get a 1. The service in the hotel was horrible and this is coming from 2 people that have been in the hospitality industry for 10 plus years. My boyfriend and I randomly both got a Saturday off and we decided to have a nice romantical evening but it was very disappointing how unprofessional 98% of the employees are and how they seem to know nothing about service.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
Manisha
"Beautiful view at the hotel"
View was amazing, staff was great. Room was terrible, dirty and outdated. Stores at the resort closed at 7:00. Food was way overpriced.
Dawn
"Beutiful view, great adventures"
Great time traveling to Palomino Island, snorkeling,wave runner,swim,horse riding,excellent restaurants(but i forget my versace sunglasses on the tablet, guess what they dissapear nobody so them) but it was my fault(i think so)for the rest amazing view, tremendous time, really nice place to stay, just don't leave nothing behind. :)
Victor
"Nice grounds but the hotel needs serious upgrading"
Lets begin we checked in on July 22, 2015, the first room given to us had cigarette butts in the bedroom floor near the balcony, the bathroom toilet had a leak, the wall looked dirty. So we complained and was upgraded to a room in the Marina section of the hotel, the view was amazing with proximity distance to Coqui Water park and the ferry boat to Palomino Island beach, which is not included in your stay, this is a separate fee. The water park is not big at all it includes three water slides and a lazy river for the price they ask is not worth it. I recommend that you wait after 1:30pm to pay half price. The room service sucks!!!, we did not get our room cleaned for two days out of the 4 nights stay because we had the privacy notice on the door during the morning hours, so when cleaning service see this they do not come back to provide service. Also you must let them know that you want your sheets changed daily, If you do not notify them they will automatically change your sheets every three days. Also, valet parking is disorganize, the one night the couldn't find the key, it took them nearly 20 minutes to find the key!!! Overall the hotel name and sceneries is what attract people to stay there. As for us this will be our first and last time booking this hotel.
JoAnnie
"Already missing the hotel"
We have been coming to PR the past 17 years. This was our first time staying at El Conquistador. We stayed for 3 nights and I have to say it was a very nice experience from the moment we checked in, Giovannie, honored us with a room Upgrade, which exceeded our expectations. She called later that day to make sure we were well accomodated. She was just awesome! Their private beach island was the best feature in my opinion. Taking the ferry to get there felt like it was a bonus. The beach was beautiful, the island felt like it was like being in the bahamas somewhere. Staff were friendly and the premises were breathtaking. The restaurants and shops were numerous. 24-7 fitness and pool.Will definitely be our next vacation spot. Miss it- wish I was back there right now.
L
"Amazing"
We had a wonderful time
6 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
cedric
"Outdated"
The hotel is huge with great amenities and views, but everything is old! You can tell it was a fantastic resort once upon a time, but it needs work. Unfortunately, my room was not in very good condition, as it was grimy and dirty. Also, do not order room service, as they charge about five extra fees.
Vanessa
"So so"
Very expensive to say the least. Employees were ok, no one really going out of there way for you. Beautiful scenery from hotel. Palomino island spectacular. Charge $44 a day for the hotel and $25 for a car.
4 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Amazing getaway"
Amazing!
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Witselie
"The most unrelaxing stay of my life."
It was so disappointing. The hotel staff was terrible and unprofessional, the property was outdated and looked like a frat house with empty beer containers everywhere, we found un cleaned blood in our room, the food was highly overpriced for what it was, and the staff never once spoke to us about hidden fees associated with staying in their gross hotel and claimed Hotels.com should have warned us. As well as offered us a room for 9am, then had us waiting between the hours of 6am to 11am even after paying the extra amount for an early check in. We will not being using Hotels.com or staying at the El Conquistador ever again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 19, 2015
Paola
Good beach. Restaurants expensive and not all open at once.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Beautiful but costly!"
This is the most beautiful hotel in Puerto Rico, great food, clean pools, very clean and comfortable rooms. The room rates are very high and the parking area is an eye sore which you have to pay to park. We love Palomino island!
2 night family trip May 7, 2015
JOHN P
"Wonderful hotel, love the private beach!!"
Everyone was friendly and the hotel was so beautiful!!
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Nimat
Don't ever go to this hotel. Go to different place. To get on a beach you need to take an elevator, then wait for another elevator, then wait for the boat. It takes almost an hour to get on a beach. Food was ok, but you paying twice for it. Rooms, halls, elevators have horrible smell. Not good place to take a vacation.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
l
Arrive early at 1230. Which check in was 4pm and room was ready and was not charge early check in. Also due room availability was up graded to pool view suite. Staff and everything was perfect. Water park on site was fun for both kids and adult's. Will return.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Road trip trave
It was a every nice trip for my family and I. I thought the water park was part of my stay but ends up its an additional cost per day per person. So unfortunately I did not get to go into the water park. However the island was beautiful.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"Buyers beware"
Be careful when staying here. After staying 3 nights and checking out with a $0 balance, the hotel keeps billing seperite charges to my credit card on food services that were supposed to be included in the package and other charges that we can't even identify what they are for. So before you book, get everything in writing as we did and check your bill...good luck with figuring out what your being billed for!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great spot on the island, beautiful private beach."
We've been Kauai, Maui, St. John. We love all of them, we experienced the best ocean breezes on El Conquistadors resort. Our was older room, but is right on the ocean.
pete
"A beautiful property"
This is one of nicest properties in the Caribbean. Having stayed at the hotel several times in the past, I have to say that the hotel staff service has significantly improved. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I understand that the property needs some renovations, but the views and the location make up for those needs.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"El conquistador... Hidden fees galore."
Beautiful resort not really a Waldorf creation... just has its name I feel. Food is good but not worth the high prices. (High prices because it has the Waldorf name but not the quality) Palomino island is great - really nice beach. Water park. (I feel that a the water park admission should have been included with price of stay. The Puerto rican people are very nice and genuine... I recommend eating out of resort for better food and drinks; always a better bang for your buck. Self parking is far but they do have a shuttle. Beware of the al-mighty hidden fees at the end of your stay... A disappointment. I would recommend this place but please research well before booking.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Latino
"Great hotel for a family vacation!"
Excellent! The whole family had fun and enjoy the water park, the breakfast buffet, the dancing nights with the VJ, the restaurants, the ride to Palomino island. I also enjoy the peace at the room which also allow me to work and join conference calls without interrumptions.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Alba
"HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!! FAMILY ORIENTATED RESORT"
I just came back from our vacation (june 26-july 3rd 2015) and it was WONDERFUL! I went with my 8 year old son/ husband and my sister and her family ( 5 year old twin boys and her husband) The entire staff was so wonderful and helpful. Their private beach Palomino Island is AMAZING!!!!!! The kids had so much fun snorkeling there. One thing I do suggest is the island has 2 parts of the beach 1 for snorkeling/swimming and the other for swimming. Bring water shoes for the snorkeling side as it's very rocky and painful without the water shoes but a must do! Over all this resort was amazing and we are thinking on when we can come back
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Greatest Vacation"
A 5 star resort in my book, it's paradise, so much to do there. The amenities are like no other resort, especially @ palomino island; their private island, which is by far the most beautiful beach you will ever see. The rooms are 5 stars. If you want to experience the greatest vacation of you're life, come to El Conquistador.
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Rafael
"Luxury!"
Property is awesome with a secluded location and private island access, but we had some issue with the air conditioning, it didn't seem to work.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Kunal
"Reset and recharge in Paradise!"
Perfect place to reset and recharge. An abundant variety of things to do or not in a picture perfect setting.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Karyn and Krew
"Fabulous"
We had an absolutely fabulous time at the resort. The staff was friendly and attentive, the room was a little dated (bathroom and balcony) but clean, the food was average.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"Love this place , second time here"
Been here 13 years ago and knew I will be back :) brought my 72 years old dad , husband and 3 young kids. The staff was extra nice and even that the Hotle was full (completely ) we were upgraded to an ocean view . Here was the only main issue we had - our room was dirty , glasses stains and just felt beat -up . My dads room that was connected , was in much better shape ... I called for cleaning services and nobody came . The following day we moved to a room by the marina and everything was perfect :) they did everything they can to make us happy , and even we had this 'dirty ' start , we had a blast ! ( be ready to spend a lot of money on food and drinks ) gotta add that we spent one day at the water park , and the rest of the week on the island ! Best thing at the resort !
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
mamale
"Nice!!"
Very good!! The view was excellent!! The food was good and not too expensive...
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Chay
Beautiful resort with awesome pools. The rooms on the lower property are old and need to be remodeled.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Stacie
"Worst hotel!!!! Not recommended! Not safe!!!"
Not recommended!! If you want to have a better experience in PR go to Dorado. I choose this hotel because it was to be good a long time ago and Palomino Island is nice. I will NEVER stay in this hotel again. First, they didn't find our reservations so we have to stay in a different room the first night. Second, and most important... We lost a bag and some stuff in the valet parking and they were not responsible. They don't let me watch the cameras to see what happened with my bag. Third, the second room got the WORST smell you can imagine, so I got to move for the third time!!!!! The A/C of the third room is not working well, so we were sweating the whole night!!! WORST experience ever!!!!!!! I'm so excited I'm going home today!!! I don't feel even safe here ;( so sad!
1 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Very nice hotel and resort."
Everything was very nice except for the food. The food could have been a lot better when considering the cost of it.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Terrible customer services at the front desk."
Overall my experience was just ok thanks to all the staff. Especially a waitress at the brisas bar I think that's the name of the bar. Unfurtunally I forgot her name she was amazing! but the front desk OMG first impression is always very important they wasn't helpful very mean people. I ask them a question and they answer me but the gave me the worse body lengueage.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Nishia
"Security staff"
June 24 i went to the hotel to pick up some relatives that were staying there from Orlando FL. When i approached the guard entrance the guard at the gate had a attitude that make me feel like i was entring one of those cheap $45 per 8hr motels that are all over the island not the 5 star hotel that i just check out the day before. First thing the guard never greeted us with a good morning or anything. When i told him that i was going to pick up some guest he ask me for the room number wich i honestly forgot about so i went ahead and told him the room number to wich i had check out the day before (4626) wich he never verify and just look at me like i was trying to sneak in to the property. He never asked for my friends last name to verify if it was legit that they were actually check in out at that time. After this he said well I will need to hold on to your ID and when you leave i will returned. If this is the procedure if you are picking up guest i am perfectly fine with it but i was threatened loke i was trying to gain a access in to a jail. Also when i came back out of the hotel the guard didn't even say thanks or nothing just gave it to me and keep walking. This guard don't have a clue on what he represents at his position being the first person to interact with the hotel guest.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Away from the boys"
The hotel stay was good, hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were ok. Specially the hotel itself has an amazing view of everything and getting food or to the beach is fast. The rooms are ok bed was hard, but our view (partial ocean) was amazing, bathroom was awesome but the fridge was a cooler, I had to get ice to keep my water cold. Honestly I had a lot of fun but the worst part about my stay was everything was expensive like super expensive! I recommend you rent a car hit Walgreens and pick up water food and beer!
Other trip Jun 24, 2015