All hotels in Fajardo, Puerto Rico
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here1000 Conquistador Avenue, Fajardo, 00738, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great resort for families"
The hotel staff was so helpful and friendly. Special thanks to angel (blue uniform) he went out of his way to help us find the area of the hotel we were looking for. He walked us to correct elevator, rode with us and took us within feet of where we wanted to go. So much to do on site that we never left resort. Great place for families
5 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Waldorf? No way"
The hotel looks like it used to be one of the grandest on the island, problem is.. It hasn't been updated in that long. The room was old and small and the hall ways were dirty.
1 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
victor
"Beautiful views"
Great hotel. I would stay here again. One down side was when you go to palomino island, you're not allowed to pay with cash. Only credit card or charge it to your room. They don't tell you that prior to leaving on the ferry.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
mike
"State of the art facility"
excellent facilities , staff, unique in bonsais. The Italian restaurant is excellent. Excellent gym. Fabulous boat . Private beach facilities. yyy
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Carlos
"To expensive for what they offer"
Friendly staff, great location but over price ! Hotel needs to be remodel, i was not aware of the extra parking and hotel daily fee ( towels and island ) I was giving a room down in the marina which is ok but I had a handicap bathroom which looked horrible. The room is date to the 70's and worse I had screaming kids as neighbors. We asked for another room which the did but the apparence was the same , we were right in Front of the maids room, the doors were always open and disorganized, the halls were dirty and let's not to about the color of their walls. Once again the location, the view and palomino Island were great hotel needs improvement !
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
New Jersey
"Romantic Getaway"
My boyfriend and I loved the resort. The views from the room and around the resort and island were amazing. The only thing we found very frustrating was that the staff spent both days we were on the beach island removing portable toilets and chairs that were left from a party. The equipment used constantly beeps while backing up, which definitely takes away from the feeling of being at a remote island resort. The last ferry leaves at 5 and the sun is still up. Seems crews should work after vacationers leave the island or early in the morning, instead of all day. Other than that we had a great time. A little disappointing that you have to pay for the water park on site. We just wanted to go down the slide a few times. Our steak dinner at the fine dining restaurant was amazing. Once you're at the resort you have to take a cab to get anywhere in town...adding a shuttle service to local restaurants (we saw a line of bars and restaurants before getting to the resort) would be a great perk. The hotel grounds though are gorgeous and we will recommend it to others - certainly over San Juan if a beach getaway is desired.
2 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
"secluded hotel..."
very nice oceanside property... has its private island with a beautiful beach... food a it pricey at the hotel.. expected...nice getaway from the hustle bustle of san juan... el yunque rain forest close by as well.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Somewhat less than I expected."
When I walked into my room in the Marina section at about 11 p.m., there was a large, dead cockroach on its back lying in the entry hallway. While not surprising given that this is the tropics, I have stayed in many places in Central and South America and the Caribbean and have never experienced this. It was also clear that the housekeepers did a somewhat hasty job...didn't even vacuum the rug when I was in the room (they could have asked but they didn't). They almost forgot to wash the hallway floor. Also, when I arrived, there were two champagne glasses nestled in the space outside my door. They stayed there for two days until I took them to the housekeeper's supply room. Otherwise, I enjoyed the resort and its grounds. It's too bad that there is no sandy beach on the property that would allow one to come and go as one pleased rather than having to take a boat to the island and be on that schedule.
psychologist
Great hotel... However service in the bars and restaurant was not at the level expected in a Waldorf. Otherwise stay was great!
4 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Enjoyable vacation spot for our family"
We had stayed here a few times, but not in over 10 years until Veteran's Day weekend 2014. We had a great time here. The physical location on the coast of Puerto Rico is breathtakingly beautiful. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful. The resort features my wife and I enjoyed with our two girls (ages 12 and 7) are the private island and the water park. We had dinner at the the steak house, Italian restaurant, seafood restaurant and the Japanese/Chinese restaurant. All were good, but our favorites were the steakhouse and Italian places. For lunch, we ate at Ballyhoo's and the Iguana cafe. Our preference is for Ballyhoo's with it convenient location to our room (La Marina Village) and the water park. The only item which was not a big deal for me, but could be improved is a general touch up to some of the public areas. One particular note about the staff was their help in looking for my younger daughter's stuffed animal which went missing on the last full day. We suspected that it had accidentally gotten entangled in the sheet when the room was being cleaned. Peter at the concierge desk called housekeeping for us, reassured my younger daughter they would look for the stuffed toy and offered to mail it back to our home if it was located after we left. He was very kind and went out of his way to help on an item which is not very important in the grand scheme of things, but was important to our daughter. It was a very classy move on his part and greatly appreciated.
"Various levels"
We were not aware there would be various levels in this resort. When we booked ocean view, we did not know there will 2 variety of ocean views - one is close to the lobby, other is way down the hill. We were given the room way down the hill, there were nice trolleys to take us back and forth to the lobby or entrance, but it was a long journey just to get to the lobby (15 mins). From lobby to parking lot - another 15 mins. So in all from your room to your car - 30 mins. This journey would make us not go outside and stay within the resort and spend on all possible expensive stuff.
"Great place, poor weather"
Had the weather been good, El Conquistador would have been a near perfect family resort. There are lots of great outdoor activities. Unfortunately we had close to 5 days of solid rain. I would definitely recommend the resort but pray for sun
sharon
"This hotel is an amazing place. Breathtaking views"
The beach on the island was so nice and the water was so warm we snorkeled and swam for hrs. We ate in most of the restaurants and the food was great. The staff is so nice,kind,helpful there is no way not to have an incredible experience. Everything is kept spotless.
live in NY
"Excellent Family Resort"
Beautiful property, excellent staff and great location. We will be back for another family vacation.
Hawk & Heavy
"A little outdated, but overall worth it"
We just returned from a 3 night stay at this gorgeously located resort. We found the location to be absolutely breathtaking and the resort takes full advantage of the natural beauty of the surroundings. The resort itself is spread out over a huge space, with different 'villages' of accommodations throughout the property. We stayed in the La Marina village, which is only accessible via tram car. While it is close to the ferry to the beach, I definitely wouldn't stay in that section again because there's only a couple of restaurants down there, no pools, and for most everything, you have to go all the way up to the main buildings. Be prepared to do A LOT of walking, including stairs. Elevators are tough to come by and by the time we finally found our room, I was a sweaty mess from lugging my bags up and down stairs. The room had a gorgeous view. The door to the deck was broken though, so we had to slam it and jiggle it every time we went out there. Also, the safety latch for the main door room wouldn't stay open all the way, so when you went out, you had to slide your finger in to hold it in so that the door would shut. These things didn't bother us enough to complain though - we're fairly easy going. Food was delicious in all of the restaurants we tried - but expensive. Expect to pay over fifty dollars for each meal for two people - including breakfast.
Jen
"Limited food selection and costly."
The resort is beautiful and the staff is accommodating, but the costly food options will break you quickly. I tried several of the different venues on the property and found that many had similar menus with very limited options. If planning an extended stay, trying renting a car and traveling down the hill to local restaurants that offer a variety of food options at half the price.
shart
"Beautiful resort fell short."
The El Conquistator is a beautiful resort but the room quality and service fell short from what we expected coming from the Waldorf Astoria brand. Our room appeared worn out and dingy. The walls were thin and we could hear everything our neighbors were saying/doing. We found ourselves whispering in our room to have any privacy. Also, the staff had little consideration for the noise issues and slammed doors/spoke loudly while working which made it difficult to sleep in. The bathroom was a moldy smelling echo chamber which, paired with the thin walls, was very unpleasant. We noticed the staff here was unattentive. This was everywhere, the private island bar, hotel restaurants, etc. Everywhere we went the staff seemed more concerned with socializing with each other than responding to customer needs. This normally wouldn't be an issue, but for the price we were paying to eat and drink ($80 - $120 on average for a meal for two) we expected a better experience. Other than that, the amenities offered by the resort were good. We enjoyed the pools, shops, and ferry to Palomino island, but the process of getting to the marina was kind of a hassle since one of the two shuttles was not running. We rented a car, and the shuttle service to the lot was patchy. Most of the sightseeing we did was self directed as many of the tours offered were overpriced. We would rate our overall experience as a 2.5 out of 5.
JP
"Happy but a little disappointed."
We had a great time. The hotel is excellent but w received no maid service which is unusual. A manager named Julia charged us $40 just to allow a friend to enter the hotel and had dinner with us. We made us they understood that she only came in to join us for dinner at the hotel and not stay overnight. They still charged us $40. This has not happened to us for all the travelings that we did all over the places. That made no sense as we could have gone out and had dinner elsewhere and they would have lost the business and we could have saved money and better foods elsewhere. Otherwise, the hotel is an exceptional property with aspiring views and lots of memories.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Hoa
"Great place!"
We had a wonderful time. You never have to leave. Everything you need or might desire is available on the resort or Palamino island.... We loved going to the private island...
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Reuben
I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the El Conquistador. I expected so much more from the Waldorf-Astoria brand. Our sheets and pillows smelled like mildew, we had to call twice to housekeeping to get someone to come and replace them. The food at multiple restaurants was sub-par (for example, I was served pizza that was so burnt, the crust was black). The staff was EXTREMELY rude and aggressive upon check out. The only redeeming quality of the El Conquistador was that they have their own private island, which was beautiful. Definitely not worth the cost to stay here, we were happy to leave and will not be going back. We had a much better experience at a different hotel in San Juan. Do yourself a favor, and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"Hotel is beautiful. Staff is Rude!!"
Started at the airport. We were met at the airport by a lady who offered us no help at all with our luggage. Then the hotel left our luggage on the bus and sent it back to the airport. Overall the entire staff was rude and unpleasant. Food was awful at the hotel. Just aweful and extremely overpriced. Blackout curtains do not black out anything. Bedding looked dirty and stained. Staff kept walking into our hotel room eithout even knocking. Not a good place at all. The grounds are beautiful and e sort is huge with many things to do. Even though every tour you sign up for gets canceled. Wouldn't go back there ever.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Amy and Alan
"big disappointment"
I would never stay there again. The room smelled musty from both the carpet and the furniture. My room was located by the golf club house which was noisy and I had to listen to music all day they did turn it off around 10 pm but then I had to listen to the golf carts the employee were using driving past my room all night. The staff was not helpful at all. I had to wait to get my parking ticket stamped and at least 4 times it was because the clerk was talking on the phone. There was suppose to be a shuttle bus that would take you to the parking lot and pick you up but I usually had to walk I would wait for about 45 minutes and they would never show up. This hotel was a huge disappointment. To over priced and too many hidden charges not at all worth it.
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
Pamela
"Atmosphere"
The atmosphere was simply wonderful!
1 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
Alice
"Gorgeous property in a beautiful location, but..."
This resort is excellent for families and adults alike. There are lots of fun things to do for everyone. The Palomino island is wonderful for a day at the beach and the boat ride there is also fantastic. Unfortunately, the resort is showing signs of deterioration and neglect. The staff needs to be more service- oriented. We were highly impressed with Bellman service and Front Desk upon check in, however most of the other staff (very friendly) were too busy talking amongst themselves to properly service their guests. Be prepared - everything is expensive and it is about 1 hour away from San Juan.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Cathy
"Hotel property is beautiful!"
The private island was our favorite! We enjoyed the leisure ride on the boat over to the island and once we were on the island, there were plenty of activities to fill the day. Hiking to the top of the island was especially nice - the view of the water was absolutely breathtaking. I would highly recommend this hotel, however, make sure there are no special groups coming which may affect the activities throughout the hotel. One evening we could not use the pool because there was a "private party" and then Monday-Friday the hotel was preparing for a big Bacardi Party. I know it brings in alot of revenue for the hotel; however, the guests that have booked a room during the days up to event have to "plan" around the heavy equipment on the island, etc. Overall, nice place to visit!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
DG
"Nicest hotel I have stayed at!"
I was in shock at the beautiful ocean view we had and how large this hotel is. The private island was the best! It was nice to get on a boat and travel over. The only thing I didn't like is that they did not take cash and you had to carry around your special room card. I don't quite understand why they close the swim up bar at 5:00pm. I would stay here again though!
3 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Platinum10
"Large Complex, great beach on Palomino Island"
Overall experience was great - nice facilities, good beach on Palomino Island. If I was a golfer, the course looked gorgeous!
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Rita
"Nice location"
The location on top of the hill is very scenic. The ferry to Palomino Island and the beach there are excellent. There are several excellent restaurants within a 5 minute drive outside the resort. The two breakfasts we had in the hotel were cold. Be prepared for the $25 daily resort fee, the $15-20 daily parking fee, $20 entry fee for the water park.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Great restaurants private beach and the pools where fun
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
A private island with bar/cafe, horseback riding, and a "cloth optional" beach just a short hike away on the opposite side was an excellent bonus. The steakhouse was delicious, but the cafes and other food/drink areas were hit or miss depending on what you ordered, a lot of it was just ok.
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
"Beautiful resort"
The resort is amazing. The staff is very friendly & accomadating. The food is delicious. Breakfast at Las Bristas & dinner at Blossoms were my fav. The private beach is beautiful with lots of activities to do. I'll ded be back.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
Ty
"Relaxing escape"
Relaxing at beautiful Palomino Beach..breath taking ocean views
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
NC
"Slow Check In!"
Great except for a slow check in with staff standing around behind counters talking to each other. If it were vacation, this would not have been too annoying but, after a long day of site inspections, I didn't appreciate waiting.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Carl
Love the private beach. The hotel was a comfortable stay. I would recommend the hotel.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"The most beautiful view"
There are place your never forget. This is one of them. Beautiful ocean view the Hotel is huge and it own private island to the guest to enjoy. Good food in the neighborhood.
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2014
"No compact refrigerator; funiculars not working"
I had a reservation for a Partial Ocean View Room - Best of Waldorf, room details included a Compact Refrigerator, which the room did not have. Only a cooler was provided to keep any food item from spoiling a day or two, but not to keep food or beverage cold. The hotel offered a compact refrigerator for rental at $20 dollars per night ($60 for a 3 night stay), which I considered abusive. The room at The Marina was nice, but only one of the two funiculars that go from the main building to The Marina was working, and on our third night the only funicular was stopped for maintenance and we had to take a hotel shuttle bus under a rainstorm. The self parking is far away from the main building lobby, and if you wait for a van that take you there, you will wait longer than the 7 minutes they say you would. In addition, it was not well illuminated. The Coqui Water Park, a main attraction of the Hotel, was not included for the guests; you would have to pay a daily fee to use it. The Hotel is nice though pretty expensive (one can of local beer would cost you what a six pack costs!); I think I will not stay there again.
3 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
"Nice hotel with everything you need. nice pool"
Very good experience. I will definetly recommend all my friends
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Naveen
"Breathtaking views but..."
...Terrible customer service and horrible food (and expensive on top of that). The view from any part of the hotel is amazing. The rooms are pretty good. Just don't count on the customer service and don't expect delicious food. The ferry that goes Palomino Island is very convenient and the beach there is just paradise. I do advise people to go, just don't expect good customer service and don't expect to eat well.
2 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Jorge
"El Conquistador Stay"
Our recent stay at the El Conquistador was very relaxing. The one thing that I would recommend that everyone be aware of is the $150.00 daily incidental expense. Must be paid up front so just be ready. You can use this as a way to charge your drinks, island hopping, and water park to your room. You'll get the remaining balance credited after you depart.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"beautiful"
Beautiful views, beautiful property, fantastic amenities, outstanding service! Worth the effort to book an experience and worth every penny! Great romantic or family destination!! Close by are boating adventures to Culebra, snorkeling, and Bio Bay!
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
Marc
We loved the View.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Joyce & Luis
"Great resort for kids and grown ups."
Staff is friendly and went out of their to make us feel welcomed. Palomino island was beautiful and relaxing. Kids had a blast at Coqui water park. Plenty of fun events inside the resort in case of rain.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Cesar
The hotel charged my credit card every day for $25 for taxes. I wasn't informed of the hotel taxes upon arrival. Everything in the hotel shuts down at 2 :00 am. It's difficult to get around due to the fact of the taxi prices. A taxi ride is $200, to go to San Juan. This trip was a disappointment and I will not be returning nor will I recommend to anyone.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Very good"
Very good hotel in a beautifull place. I love Palomino!!!
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Sandra
Wonderful experience!!! Awesome stay especially the palomino island was paradise and if the crystal clear waters I have ever seen...love it!!
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
"Golf was good"
Excellent golf great waterfront and excellent private island
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
traveller
"Expensive but worth it if you expect it."
It is a Waldorf Astoria so everything is expensive. It is worth it if you go there expecting to pay a lot of money. If you are okay with spending crazy amounts on drinks and food, you will have fun. Plenty of space in the pool. The ferry to the beach is fun. The beach/island has lots to do. Overall, a great experience.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Pauline
"Best Views"
I've stayed at this hotel before. You cannot beat the view. The view is my fav part of the hotel. It's more family focused than I remember but that is okay with me. Wouldn't mind seeing some more adult attractions for the evenings. Either way, I will be staying there again next year when I go back. Don't pass up a chance to stay here!
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
Jarred
"Dirty Bathroom and Sofa bed"
The bathtub was full of shaved hair and the toilet had un flushed urine in it. The coffee mugs contained old coffee residue as if it hadn't been washed for a while. The sofa bed had no sheets in it and smelled of urine.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Darlene
"smelly hallway and dirty rooms"
bathroom and bedroom furniture were very dirty. needs a complete renovation best thing is private beach
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2014