All hotels in Old Orchard Beach, Maine, United States of America
6 Portland Ave, Old Orchard Beach, ME, 04064, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Awesome
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
jim
"Old orchard beach inn"
Great location, to the beach in five minutes. Friendly staff and nice breakfast with plenty of options.
2 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
Nick
"Wonderful experience"
Wonderful place to stay on Bar Harbor. The employees are great - very nice, helpful, knowledgable of the area, and accommodating. The free breakfast is the best i have had in a hotel. You are given a choice of two hot special dishes. I am vegetarian so they cooked special what i could eat. There's a shed to keep bikes. A wonderful experience.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Gorgeous B&B, Great Staff, Walk to Pier, Quiet"
(I'm writing this on behalf of my fiance, so you're getting the "girl version"/"everything that's old is pretty" version of this review.) This B&B is beautiful. I'm in no way an expert on B&B's, having only stayed in them in England, but this is lovely. Loved the history of the inn, I'd compare it to the Wayside Inn in Sudbury, MA for atmosphere (although no ghosts). For those visitors to Portland/Freeport/Old Orchard Beach who don't want to be in the thick of tourists and noise, this is perfect. It's a quick 5-10 minute walk to the beach, pier, restaurants, and arcade (I am now a Skee Ball wizard). The innkeepers are lovely, kind, interested people and I loved the continental breakfast. Those reviewers who don't understand the concept of the advertised "continental breakfast" it means baked goods, cereal, juice, coffee, really basic but about 100x better than a chain version. If you're looking for a gourmet meal every night and a breakfast to match, this is not the place for you. A lovely gesture is putting out pastries (cookies, cream puffs!) and coffee at around tea time for guests to enjoy and have an afternoon break. Our room was on the street and although a bit noisy, it didn't at all deter from our experience. Given that Old Orchard Beach is hopping in July, we weren't disturbed at all. People are civilized and the noise is mostly contained down by the shore and the arcade area.
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
"Pleasant historic accomodation, walk to beach"
A well appointed historic inn, a few minutes' walk from the beach scene at Old Orchard Beach. wonderfully helpful staff, great breakfast. Rooms well put together within the confines of the historic structure. I suspect pricy in season, but I'd stay here again because of the friendliness and convenience.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
marc
"Historic Inn in Old Orchard Beach, Maine"
Great location within walking distance of the pier but in a quieter area. Faces a fairly busy street, so there is some street noise at night but no nightlife noise. Wonderful historic building with original beams and solid pine floors. Staff are very helpful. Coffee, tea and homemade cookies/treats in the reception area and a very nice breakfast are included. Blueberry scones were our favorite. The rooms are simple. Ours did not have a closet, but clothes hooks/hangers are provided. Our only complaint is that the bed was not very comfortable. It's possible that other rooms have newer beds. I will ask if we travel to Old Orchard Beach again.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Winner!"
Enjoyed our 1 night stay at this beautiful historic B&B. Decorated with lovely antiques. Comfortable & quiet. Delicious breakfast. Walking distance to beach & shopping. Wished we stayed longer.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Historic B&B"
Stayed one night in route to Boston from Maine. Very beautiful old inn and impressively brought back to life by the owners. Bed was a bit hard (which seems the norm for most hotels). Great location with easy beach and pier access. Basic B&B breakfast. Staff seemed a bit cool. Overall an excellent value and in warmer weather would be an nice escape.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
very good and relaxing. the location and the ambience is excellent.
Other trip May 14, 2015
arun shetty
"Charming little place"
Easy and convenient to find, old-fashioned decor and very comfortable rooms. Perfect for a weekend getaway. We wish we had had more time to just enjoy the place, but as just a place to crash and sleep between days of outing, it was very pleasant.
Other trip May 11, 2015
Sacha
"A wonderful place!"
It was a wonderful historic bed and breakfast. The raspberry-white chocolate scones and blueberry bread were delicious too! I would highly recommend this place as a great getaway!
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Cheryl A.
"Very cozy"
The inn was a very cool old building. The room we stayed in was very cozy and the breakfast was excellent.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
"Acceptable accommodations"
We were kindly greeted at check-in and led to our room, #6, which was just off the breakfast dining area. Decor could use an update and the bed was not the comfiest, but the room was clean. Because we were there off-season, we didn't have a great selection of dinner options in Old Orchard but the proprietor made several recommendations. We were on the ground floor of the Inn, so we heard every floor creak, and had we not been up early, the noise of breakfast service would have awakened us. The continental style breakfast included fresh fruit and delicious homemade scones and bread.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"one quick night"
Cozy lobby, nice room but bare bones bathroom. Breakfast buffet was nice. Great price( off season)
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Jill
We loved it!
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
"Beautiful inn close to the beach"
Old Orchard Beach Inn is the oldest bed and breakfast in Maine and has been carefully renovated to showcase some of the original construction and design. A beautiful inn with a nice sitting room that included coffee, teas, and brownies to welcome guests. Our room was comfortable and clean. We had a delicious breakfast and time to chat with innkeeper about the property. Within walking distance of the beach, and the surrounding area features plenty of shops and restaurants. A delightful stay in a charming inn.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
"Lovely stay!"
Old Orchard Beach Inn was a lovely old B&B. Our room was huge and quiet. The king size bed was very comfy. Breakfast was great! This was our second time here and I would return.
1 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
colette
"Wonderful homey atmosphere"
This was our first B&B experience. Staff was most courteous and informative of area attractions. The room was comfortable as were the common areas. The location provided easy access to cities we wanted to visit. There was even easy access to a train to Boston where we had a nice day trip excursion without the hassle of driving or parking. We would go back again.
2 night romance trip Oct 8, 2014
Mike and Sue
"Great B&B"
My husband has leg problems so they made sure we had a 1st floor room. It was beautiful. Their breakfast is outstanding and the hospitality was first class. We will definitely come back next year.
3 night romance trip Oct 6, 2014
R. Marlene
"Vacation"
Built in 1730. Owner took us on a tour. Room was spacious and clean. Would go there again.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014
"Charming"
Great place to stay. It was such a beautiful building that has been updated but has kept the charm. Service and breakfast were great too!
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2014
"an amazing hotel"
This is a wonderful place to stay for whatever reason...the hotel is filled with history... The food was all fresh and appeared homemade, certainly a continental breakfast however with lots of variety and lots of fresh fruit...the staff made me feel at home and were responsive to all requests...I spent two nights here and emerged feeling very satisfied and rested. My room was very large and spacious and quiet...thank you old orchard beach inn , Maine. :-))
2 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Kathie
"Nice alternative to a hotel"
Those running the bnb were wonderful! Nothing bad to say about this place--may be staying again soon. (Here for business in downtown Portland and worked out just fine.)
3 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
Colleen
"Comfortable and great advice on local food."
Very pleased with a last minute addition to our trip
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
Gary Pitt
"Great location, close to beach but quiet."
The Inn is located a very short walk from the beach. Close enough to not mind carrying your chair or beach things, but far enough that you are removed from the crowds and pier noise. Rooms are beautifully appointed with period furniture. The hotel staff is friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Our first floor corner room was located in the original 200 year old part of the historic building. It caught all of the street noise outside which happily stopped by late evening. However the paper thin walls made the inside noise hard to sleep with. Everytime the room upstairs stirred the floor creaked, every time they flushed I expected a flood in our room as the water rushed down the pipes besides our head. I didn't sleep well but I loved the pIace and would request an inside, upstairs room next time.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Stacey
"Some atmosphere besides the salt air"
The Inn is an old farmhouse with tasteful additions, convenient to the shore and opposite the Victorian Town Hall. Friendly folks, a comfortable bed, and a very nice breakfast you can eat on the front porch.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Bel Gufo
"A haven in the madness of Old Orchard Beach"
A real historical find in the very modern and down market location of old Orchard Beach. Whilst a stones throw from the tattoo parlours and slot machines, its like stepping back in time.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Very nice!"
The staff were very nice and the room we had was clean, large and charming. Air conditioning was loud but worked great and we were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was delicious and getting to eat it on the deck was a great start to the day. The location was perfect. A quick three minute walk down the street and you are on the beach. I would definitely recommend and would stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"short walk to Ocean and great resturants"
My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Old Orchard Beach Inn. The room was large and comfortable. The shower had plenty of hot water. The staff was helpful and friendly. It was just a beautiful place to stay. We will stay there again.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2014
"Suprisingly nice."
This was my first B&B. Very comfortable and great staff. The TV was small so, true to my word, I only watched a little TV.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
jrc945
"This hotel was amazing. I love everything about i"
It was great. Everyone was super nice. The room was great. And the breakfast was so good. I can't wait to go back.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Nice B&B near beach"
Enjoyed our stay at this old colonial B&B near everything. Room was clean, well decorated. Breakfast was great with fresh baked scones. Staff was very accommodating to all our needs.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
"Warm, welcoming B&B close to beach and Portland"
The Old Orchard Beach Inn us a wonderful place to stay if you're visiting Portland, or the boardwalk at Old Orchard Beach. The Inn's staff is knowledgeable about the area, and very pleasant to talk to. The rooms are immaculate, and the Inn is a great value. The breakfast is more substantial than I expected, and I definitely plan on visiting again if I'm in the area.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Justin
"nice place"
Good location...owner's pleasant and helpful..def will go back
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Chad
"Quaint hotel, worth the price!"
Stayed for one night but didn't spend much time at the inn or in Old Orchard Beach as we used it as a place to stay while mainly visiting Portland. However, the rooms were clean and when we needed a late check-in time after 10pm they easily accomodated us. Small continental breakfast was a nice touch as well.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Hannah
"Beautiful old building"
Beautiful almost 300 year old building. Amazing to be able to stay in a building that old. Very well restored. You will have to take a few stair. Room wasn't very big, but it was all that I needed, Just a short walk down to the pier, and lots of places to eat near the pier. Very nice breakfast with lots of choices in the morning.
1 night family trip May 17, 2014
"Quaint Inn on the coast"
This place was great. Quiet, charming and very comfortable. We stayed in the original part of the structure, which was cool. Fantastic, would definitely return!
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Julianne
"Great time at Old Orchard Beach Inn"
Everything was great at Old Orchard. Close enough to walk, far enough away to sleep!
1 night romance trip May 17, 2014
"Venerable Inn"
Loved the 'tranquil' season at Old Orchard Beach.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Charming Inn"
Charming inn in Old Orchard Beach. Would stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
The inn is more than I expected. The Inn is tastefully decorated and is absolutely SPOTLESS!. The inn was built in the 1700 and retains the wide hand-hewn floors and beautiful moldings. I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for an alternate to the big hotels.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
Terry
"Oldest inn in Maine"
Loved the place Charming facility and host. Great breakfast
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
Alan
"Good stay."
You need to like Bed & Breakfast types of rooms to enjoy this setting. We loved the charm of the Inn and the location. I would say yes to going back here. If you have kids - might not be your place. Really a great place, easy to get along with staff, and a great location to do a lot of cool stuff up and down the coast.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
This is a great B
1 night trip Oct 10, 2013
"Charming"
I was very pleased with Old Orchard Beach Inn. It was charming and quaint in a small town setting. The Inn was beautifully decorated and very clean. The only negative thing I can say is that an alarm clock in a nearby room went off around 12:30 a.m. and didn't go off until around 2:00 a.m. I don't feel this was the owners fault but it was very annoying. The continental breakfast was nice. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2013
"would reccommend to all"
Very nice, the homemade breakfast jams & jellies to put on the homemade pumpkin bread was awesome!! Great Inn exsperience.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Rob & Mary
"Beautiful historic inn"
We very much enjoyed our stay at the OOB Inn. The bed was very comfortable and the plumbing, thankfully, was modern. Despite the inn being full or nearly full the two nights we were there, we had absolutely no trouble with noise either from the other guests or from outside, and we were able to sleep soundly. Kudos also to the owners for providing enough parking spaces. The inn is located just a short walk from the beach, The amusement park and pier seemed to be closed for the season, but a number of other shops were open. The beach is a sand beach, not rocks like so much of Maine's coastline. Breakfast was a sort of continental plus--there were hard-boiled eggs in addition to various baked goods etc. There is a Keurig coffeemaker in the lobby along with an assortment of K-cups and tea bags so you can have a cup of coffee or tea any time, and wonderful treats are placed out in the afternoon and evening. There are two Macintosh apple trees on the property, and we were encouraged to take some apples from a bowl in the lobby or pick our own, as many as we wanted to eat. of the small but juicy and crisp apples. If I have a gripe at all, it that there was very little space for our stuff in the bathroom, as the sink was a pedestal type with no countertop around it. A shelf or two would be very helpful and need not detract from the historic character of the house. Those with physical limitations should also be aware that the stairs are rather steep and shallow.
2 night family trip Sep 28, 2013
Laurie W
This location was very charming and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Although we only stayed for 1 night, everything except the room size was pleasant.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Eleanor J
"Off-season delight"
I stayed two nights in late September, off season and quiet. The building itself is historic and beautiful. The location is ideal--close enough to the beach but far enough from the hubbub. I was upgraded from a single to a double with three windows overlooking the ocean. Breakfast was the star--homemade goodies every morning and a full complement of selections. If you want Orchard Beach without the razzle-dazzle, with a touch of historic New England, this is your place.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
V.G.
Very helpful staff, view is amazing, good breakfast.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013