All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
150 W Broadway, San Diego, CA, 92101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A good night sleep."
The staff of the hotel did an excellent job meeting all our needs and requests. This was the third time I stayed at this hotel and I will stay there again.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Great stay! great services"
Great stay! The hotel felt clean and inviting. They charged us a resort fee but they do offer a lot of services. Free bike rentals was a great goodie we took advantage of. They also have morning yoga classes! Parking was really expensive because they share the public parking space behind their hotel. But that's downtown living for you! Would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel itself is small so the service is amazing!
1 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Cozy Stay"
My coworker and I stayed here for a week and I must say, as much as I travel, this was one of the most comfortable hotels I've stayed at in a while. The beds are amazing! The rooms are a bit small but still cozy. The staff was very helpful and the valets were great! I appreciated that the fitness room actually had weights (up to 50lbs) as well as cardio equipment.
5 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
"Would go back."
The rooms are a little small but clean and comfortable.Desk staff was accommodating.very nice restaurant conveniently attached to hotel. I only wish that we had time to take advantage of the bicycles that were available.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
Cynthia
"San Diego getaway."
Very enjoyable week in San Diego and he Sofia was a great location and great place to stay.
6 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
Donald
"Great San Diego Hotel"
I came down south to help my son with his move to attend college in San Diego, and stayed one night at The Sofia. I would not have changed one thing, except maybe removed one of the chairs, to open up the space a bit. But...it was clean, beautifully appointed and super quiet. My interactions with staff found everyone to be friendly and prompt. Also, even though my son is based near SDSU, the 10-15 drive downtown was not a problem at all. I will definitely stay here again, and also recommend it to family and friends.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Marcella
"It is Downtown"
The hotel is located in a central place there is anything in your convenience between s 4 block distance. The only bad thing my view from my room was to central jail and I can hear ambulances and cops with the sirens on pretty much all night.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Yolanda
"Great two nights stay."
This is a beautiful downtown property in a prime location. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very small. The air conditioning was on a motion sensor. The room was hot every time we came back, and middle of the night. Even hit the bypass and couldn't get it to stay on. Still giving Sofia a great rating because there were so many other wonderful things.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
"great boutique hotel"
superb!
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Itay
We really liked this Hotel!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
dennis
"Outstanding Hotel! Will stay there again!"
Staff was great. Room was more than expected. Restaurant was high quality with expected pricing. Will certainly stay there again.
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice hotel...just need to be upfront about charges"
very nice hotel. I checked in very late and must have woken up the front desk guy. When I asked if wifi was included and free, he said yes. But when u checked out, I was told there was a charge for the wifi. Not a big deal, but would've been nice to have been told that durning check in.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2015
"Urban with style"
Just needed the room for sleep. Very small but nice. Great valet service perfect location for all of San Diego. Easy walking distance to gaslamp.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2015
matthew
"Quick down and back."
The suite upgrade was perfect.
2 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
Nice and great place.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Joshua
Pretty good other than that I can hear my neighbors.
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
"Sofia Hotel Great"
my stay was great. No noise in hallways and I slept like a baby.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2015
Bobbie J
Very impressed. I'm a big fan of hotels with a gym....and as a bonus, yoga classes! I'm bummed I wasn't there on a day with classes. A great experience in a historic hotel.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Awesome stay"
A great hotel in downtown San Diego. Paid parking is adjacent to hotel. The Jail is across the street. A very cozy room, with a modern look. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2015
"Elegant Yet Cozy"
Wonderful charm and coziness! Elegant. Great bar and restaurant. A real treasure with old world flavor.
2 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
Hotel staff was courteous and helpful.The facility was great and refurbishing is excellent.
2 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Keith
"relaxing getaway"
Great location... Yoga class a must,!
2 night trip Jul 31, 2015
"Nice Getaway"
Very Romantic, beautiful view, a night to remember. Thanks Sophia Hotel
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Crystal
"Weekend to remember"
As soon as I walked in I loved the place. It has a vintage look in the outside but very modern inside the rooms. I didn't want the weekend to end.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Crystal
"Adequate."
Overall, I am satisfied with the experience. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. It had a wine opener and 3 different types of glasses (2 of each, 6 total) for different types of drinks. The services included were great. My dislike was that the room was very small for 160 a night. There is barely any space to walk or lounge. The room was pretty much the bed. This took away from the comfortability and overall experience.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Aryan
"Very nice hotel"
Great hotel! the people in the front desk were very helpfull. The only down was the price on the valet. Overall very good experience.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
CRISTHIAN
Great stat
2 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
Gabriel
"Lovely hotel"
We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly. The room very nice. Will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"OK"
Meh. For the price I was expecting more. Found a dirty sock in the room and there were no washcloths or regular coffee in the room. I had to ask for them at the front desk. They were really responsive. The rooms are tiny but very charming. Good downtown location but the parking is really pricey. Also the first night I was to stay there I tried to call to say I would be arriving late. Oddly there was no answer at the front desk for over half an hour. Kind of strange for a hotel.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Colleen
"Loud and noisy"
The experience was subpar at best. The area is not as close to the gas lamp district as you would like and full of homeless people. There is construction going on outside the hotel and they work at night so you can't sleep and the walls are paper thin. I could hear another couple having a good time for about an hour and it kept waking me up. Unless your getting a great rate, look to stay elsewhere downtown.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
"Always get worst room when booking with you guys."
Why just this booking but most.t just this booking but most. Really considering quitting you guys. is it every time I use you guys I get the worst room on property. Views of air conditioning units?
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"PERFECT LOCATION"
EVERYTHING PERFECT
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
rosa
"great stay at a fine hotel"
Located in the downtown of San Diego and just blocks away from the Bay, The Sofia Hotel is truly one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at in a long time. When I was searching for a hotel while planning my trip to San Diego with my husband, I came across some nice reviews about this fine establishment. Skeptical at first, but I went along with the booking. And as soon as we arrived, I immediately regretted not having booked a suite. This boutique hotel features a modern yet rustic décor in the lobby. And judging by the fact that it is a pet-friendly hotel, I thought the staff and custodial services did a fabulous job on keeping the room free of odors or any traces of unpleasantness. Our "City View Room" came with a queen size bed, the pillows and sheets were soft while the mattress carried a level of firmness just the way we enjoyed it. Though the room was not big, but as I mentioned I did not book a suite. And as someone who's traveled to various major cities, I thought the real estate was pretty acceptable for the price that we paid. Since the hotel is located in downtown San Diego, parking here is not as ideal as I had hoped. There's no self-park garage within the building, and It'll cost you $36 a day for valet. However, you'd get in and out privileges, and the parking attendants were all very nice and helpful. Overall, I must say I'm officially a fan of this fine establishment, and because of The Sofia Hotel, I look forward to my next visit to San Diego.
2 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Small room but otherwise a great place to stay
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Margaret
"Little Getaway"
The hotel looks very nice and clean. Staff could be more kind and attentive to their guests when checking in. They weren't very approachable. But, the valet guys were very friendly and talk to you as if they have known you for ages which is nice. It's relatively close to bars and restaurants. I'd recommend.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Ashley
Amazing clean and pleasant stay. Great service
4 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
ChristopherJ
"Small and compact.."
Charming, amazing how they were able to stay up to code and keep the charm. Parking charges outrageous.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Joann
"Get away"
Great location we walked to Gas Lamp district and to wharf. Excellent service from everyone. Room was a little small but adequate. Everything was very clean. Would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Could have been nicer."
They put us on the second floor where the view from bedroom was part of the roof! Very poor! The view from the den area was nicer it looked out over the streets. No ventilation. Windows did not open.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
jeff
"Cleaning could be more detailed"
To be a boutique hotel it was more than I was expecting. I was a little worried after reading other reviews stating how small the rooms were, but my room was very spacious. We stayed at a suite and it was plenty room for 8 ppl to be in whithout bumping into each other. The only complain I have is that several open water bottles were in my fridge, probably left behind from previous booking. Other than that, the hotel was great, walking distance to gas lamp.
1 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
"Good location, friendly staff, a very nice stay"
Building is older so rooms are small but comfortable and updated. Fine for just me. Rooms are expensive as are all hotels in this area. It was nice once I got them to clean the room I checked into from the previous occupant. Located downtown, within walking distance to the convention center, gas lamp district, embarcadero, and Petco Park. Staff is friendly. Food in the restaurant is good but expensive. Reasonable during happy hour. Try the meatballs mascarpone. Lots of other options nearby. Gym was clean and equipment in good shape. The only thing missing here is a pool. But there are beaches within close driving distance (check out Coronado).
6 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
adam
The hotel is older so the Air unit wasn't working so great, room was too hot. Had to have a fan brought in. But otherwise, it was nice and clean. Staff was pleasant.
8 night business trip Jul 17, 2015
The hotel was very well kept and clean. The front desk was very helpful and friendly, and offered directions and recommendations for us during our short stay. The room was smaller and the shower had a strange door like the other reviews have mentioned, but those were more quirks and were easy trade offs for the downtown gaslamp location. The one qualm I had was the 34$ valet parking service, it seems excessive but the service at the valet is top notch so it ended up being worth it. Trying to park in downtown San Diego one time will make the larger fee completely worth it.
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Bret
"Very nice"
Very nice hotel. Good services and friendly staff. Easy walking distance to gaslamp and convention center. Would recommend it and stay again.
5 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
Cheri
"first vacation in 10 years"
Little too crowded with the extra chair, but over all you get a 10.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
ROBERT
"Wonderful hotel for a business or personal stay"
Wonderful boutique hotel within walking distance of the Convention Center and other Downtown San Diego hotels. Great price and amenities.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
Naomi
The room was small but was perfect for us as a couple. The AC didn't work as well as we would have liked. It took awhile to cool down the room. Overall very nice, friendly staff, good location, and a good stay. I would recommend it.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Great customer service!! Very nice and cozy.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Horrible small queen rooms. Staff was average
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Watch out for hidden "resort" fees"
The room was overly small for four people. The hotel crammed two beds into a room with barely enough room to walk without tripping over furniture and bedding. Watch out for the hidden fees! When we arrived, the receptionist told us that we would have complimentary guest services such as water. When we checked out, they added a not insignificant surcharge. More than the amount, it was the receptionist's attitude that rankled us: "everyone charges a resort fee" as he argued with us at 5 am in the morning. The hotel staff needs to tell us the charges upfront, and hotels.com needs to make these fees known in big bold print. (The big bold print for total charges currently doesn't include these hidden fees, and it's an annoyance and downright misleading.)
3 night family trip Jul 5, 2015