All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
    Bad pool
    Uncomfortable
"A nice boutique hotel in GasLamp District"
We really enjoyed our stay in Sofia Hotel. Great location, nice decor and friendly staff. Even the room was on the smaller side, it was still comfortable and well decorated. Do keep in mind that their valet parking is $36/night and it was pricier compare to some other places.
3 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
"Great Stay near Convention Center"
The only bad thing about this hotel is that the walls are a little thin. The neighbors came really late and were very loud. A hotel employee did come and ask them to be quiet fairly quickly. The location is great. I was at a conference at the convention center and enjoyed the short walk there. It's basically a straight shot down one street to the convention center.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
Andrea
"Spectacular value. 5* hotel for 3* prices."
Very nice, clean and modern hotel. Great area within a long walking distance to the conference center. I will definitely stay here again for future conferences in downtown San Diego. Staff was very helpful. Great restaurants attached to the hotel and access to great nightlife around. Flawless stay from my experience.
4 night business trip Jan 24, 2016
Gregory
"Has everything I needed"
I was attending a conference at the convention center and the Sofia Hotel made my stay easy and enjoyable. The fitness center and yoga studio were nice, the room was clean and well-appointed (albeit small), and the location was very convenient.
3 night business trip Jan 27, 2016
"Simply marvelous!"
The hotel and staff were amazing! I will stay there again.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
"Weekend at the Sofia Hotel"
Well kept boutique, historic hotel - great ambience and helpful, friendly staff. I was puzzled by the bedding -- no top sheet, just a sheet-like duvet cover with a duvet that was too hot. If I stay there again, would ask for something different. Also, Saturday night was noisy during the night -- sirens and loud guests returning to their rooms.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Rhonda
"Love the Comfy Sofia"
I always like staying at this cute but very comfortable hotel. And, the fact they are pet friendly without an huge deposit is amazing. Hard to find these days.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
They said we made to much noise with the radio provided in the room. I won't be staying here again
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2016
"Great for Downtown San Diego"
Room was very small. Fortunately we weren't in it much. Hotel had bus stops very close by. They had bicycles we were able to borrow. They offered free yoga classes and a downtown walking tour. Very customer friendly.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
We enjoyed it. Our only complaint is that we were not told upfront about the outrageous parking fee.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Cecilia
Room and bathroom very cramped for two people
4 night family trip Jan 10, 2016
"sisters' getaway"
Lovely stay. Personable hotel employees. Nice location. Wonderful restaurant- Currant Cozy, stylish room.
3 night family trip Jan 6, 2016
Victoria
Love staying here! So convenient and easy to see San Diego nightlife!
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
Cory
Very gracious staff. Made us feel at home and they appeared delighted to help. Fantastic location. Great value Since this is downtown near everything
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016
Lenora
"All hip but the shower"
Hip little joint, but I don't get the shower glass. Can't close it and water ends up getting all over the floor. Maybe I'm just a messy showerer. Or an idiot.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2016
very nice, got a smaller room this time around ?
1 night business trip Jan 8, 2016
"Great for Business, but also close to the Gaslamp"
Had to stay here to be close to downtown business areas, but man I wish I could live in this place!
1 night business trip Jan 4, 2016
This is a nicely-renovated historic hotel. The rooms and the showers are somewhat small by American standards, but well-equipped, very clean and typical of international hotels. It is a great location for visiting San Diego without a car, because a lot is within walking distance, and the rest is easily accessible by mass transit. The only significant problem is that the HVAC system is motion-activated, so in the winter the room goes down to 68 degrees when no one is moving around in it. For those of a certain age, this can be a bit uncomfortable at times.
3 night romance trip Dec 28, 2015
I would have liked to know about the $35 parking charge up front. The free wifi helped offset the disappointment.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2015
"Lovely historic hotel, fair costs, great location"
We had a great stay. The service was excellent, all front desk staff were friendly and went above and beyond to accommodate us. We arrived early and they stored our luggage and arranged for us to have early check in. Rooms were clean, lovely towels and bedding and there were many amenities such as a yoga room and even bikes we did didn't have a chance to use. Hotel is near Gaslight district and Littke Italy. Brian and Leah stood out as being especially helpful over our 3 day visit. We will gladly come back.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2015
Very nice boutique hotel. Friendly and helpful and clean! The rooms are very nice but very tiny (as they are in old buildings). The windows all seemed to be sealed shut and I definitely could have used some fresh air.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2015
Great location. Room is really small, but clean. Nice bar in hotel. Didn't like that we have to pay for parking per day, pricy. Should be included in price of room. Other than that great experience
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Cesar
"Great fast get away"
It was great. Friendly service and a very welcoming atmosphere.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Alejandra
"The Sofia Hotel - Quaint, Quality Service,"
It was a pleasant surprise, a quaint hotel in the middle of San Diego Business Center, close to the Hall of Justice, public transportation (Amtrak, Trolley, buses), there were museums and theaters nearby, at bars and restaurants are walking distance including the Marina. I traveled with my 2 daughters and checking in was quick. The room was clean, kinda small but for an overnight stay, it was ideal. The place was quite and the accommodation was comfortable. The front desk staff was terrific. I will definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
Price could be lower for the hotel
3 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
Radhika
"Nice Downtown Hotel"
Very clean hotel, very friendly staff. Hotel set up more for accommodating visiting tourists than one night stopover. Several services offered I did not require.
1 night trip with friends Dec 14, 2015
A very nice boutique hotel right in the heart of Downtown San Diego. Very welcoming staff, clean and trendy rooms, and proximity to the heart of the city's nightlife. Would definitely recommend.
4 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Traveled for business--hotel is lovely, small rooms but its historic, very nice. Ironing board would not fold for storage & pls replace the ib covers sofia! Enzo & Ryan were very polite, female staff were somewhat curt, was not asked about my stay at checkout or even spoken to much (?) Valet park is $34, maybe the best they can do downtown, not sure. Overall a very nice downtown hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2015
"Great location, ok stay"
The location is great, especially for attending events downtown. The room, appeared not to have been cleaned at all or not very well - it was hard to tell. We should have complained but didn't... The trash was not emptied, there were no hangers in the closet, and the shower was dirty. Otherwise, the room was very comfortable and well-appointed.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
"sardines in a can"
clean but tiny rooms The bed faces the bathroom door which is opaque glass kind of weird
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2015
MIKE
Love this hotel. Will stay again.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
Joan
"Nicely updated and walking distance to Gaslamp"
Room was nicly updated with modern vessel sink and walk in shower. The shower head was perfect height for someone 6'3". Didn't have to duck or hit my head! The bed was comfortable. Only issue is the walls are thin. Luckily, for our 2nd night, we didn't have any neighbors. Perfect! We would stay here again. It was great for walking to Gaslamp.
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
"Good hotel but not too family friendly"
Family stay, 2 adults, 2 kids. OK overall but could be better: - double bed room is tiny - beds are not movable - no bathtub - no breakfast buffet Pros include good location, stylish building, good hotel restaurant, wonderful granola sold at front desk.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Mikhail
"Perfect choice for a quiet San Diego get-away!"
Two night get-away! Sophia was a good bargain!
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Manuel
"+VE"
No real local amenities. Room 714 had no view apart from a brick wall, not offered a room with a view on check in. Thought the price for parking was O.T.T. ALL THE STAFF WHERE FABULOUS AND GAVE GREAT SERVICE, ESPECIALLY THE VALETS
1 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Simon
"Great location boutique historic hotel"
Very convenient for 2day stopover, close to airport, waterfront sites, Gaslamp district and cruise terminal...most enjoyable
2 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
susan
"Charming hotel in Gaslight district"
I was in San Diego for a conference. It's a short walk to the convention center from the Sofia. It's an older hotel with a lot of charm. It was very quiet and comfortable. There are lots of restaurants and shopping near the hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2015
Great little boutique hotel just a few minutes walk from the Gaslamp Quarter. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
The room was a bit small, with only a pocket door for shower/toilet and sink separation. When my I needed to get ready for my conference at 6 in the morning, my husband could not sleep because the sink was out in the open, so the lights always woke him. This being said, the rates were lower than other hotels, so I guess that makes up for the smaller, not private, facilities. I was, however, VERY impressed with all the people who worked at the front desk. Very helpful and very courteous!
4 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
Rosemarie
"Happy..."
Great location, reasonable price, great outdoor restaurant/bar.
4 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
Todd
great sized rooms. Awesome bed and linens. Towels were thick and jumbo sized.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2015
travis
"Great!"
Very friendly staff and great location.
4 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
"good location but room too small"
1 night stay in Sofia,I choose sofia because it close to train station.room is too small,n the bathroom was too small too.
1 night trip with friends Nov 12, 2015
Sui yee
"Sofia is well worth it!"
This is a great older hotel. The suites are especially nice and well laid out with plenty of room.
5 night business trip Nov 12, 2015
Riaz A
"Ok"
We only stayed one night. The room was cute but small. Toilet Shower combo too small .. no room for both lol .. But walking distance to 5th street that was great. Not happy about the $35 parking fee. Should be included when you are paying over $200.00 a night .
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2015
Not Provided
"Not great"
An elegant look, but flawed. The room had too much furniture for its small size. If there had been two of us, it would have been unpleasant. The bathroom fixtures were fashionable but impractical.The shower door was only a halfway partition, and the toilet was so low it was almost a bidet. Finally, they show the Fox "News" channel on the lobby TV 24/7. Unless you're a right-wing extremist, stay elsewhere.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Matthew
I thought the "guest services" charge added to my bill when I didn't use any services was a tacky move.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
"Easy access to city, sneaky fee"
We picked this hotel because we were leaving for a cruise the next day. It is located just a couple miles from the airport and about a half mile from the cruise dock. It is in a safe area surrounded by restaurants and a mall with a movie theater. We had an easy walk with our luggage to the ship in the morning. One caution, upon checkout I was told I owed an extra fee. When I objected the host pulled out my check in sheet and showed me where it was and said, You were told about this on check in. No, I was not. The man who checked me in said, We are holding a $50 deposit on your credit card which will be refunded on check out if there are no damages. He said this while circling several items and placing an x for me to sign. The host checking me out insisted that I was informed and needed to pay the money. We had a long trip and I thought I had missed something on check in so I paid. However, while waiting on my wife in the lobby, the next three people checking out had the exact same conversation with the host! It is not the fee so much as how they try to sneak it in on you. This soured an otherwise good stay in a great location.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2015
"Nice hotel, did not get rate quoted from Expedia"
Last minute booking. Quoted one rate from Expedia but got a higher rate as well as an unexpected additional tax or some other charge. Very deceptive.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
Traveler
"Nice Stay"
The staff was great and the room was very nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015