All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here466 Bush St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Eco Friendly San Fran"
I travel a lot and Orchard Garden Hotel is by far one of the most environmentally friendly hotels I've been in. The hotel was also very nice, the price was right, and they have a great breakfast. Will definitely stay there again when I'm in San Fran.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great central location, near Chinatown"
Friendly and helpful staff, and a great location made this a perfect place to launch our three day exploration of San Fran. Our room was light and comfortable, though not all rooms in this hotel are. The roof terrace was a welcome space for enjoying the morning sun, and to peer down at action on the street, which included a film set on our second day. We didn't bother with breakfast here as there are more interesting places at hand.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Not a good buy for the price"
Orchard Garden has a great location for a touring visitor--especially a foodie-- steps away from French restaurants and Chinatown, walking distance to North Beach. But the hotel's appointments are average to shabby, and service below par from inexperienced or undertrained staff. For the $400 price, I recently had an amenity location hotel in downtown Los Angeles offering a first-class, all day buffet for members only and an evening full bar, thus saving me and my husband about $150 a day. Try harder, work smarter, Orchard Garden!
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Evita
"Serene Environment Amid Bustling Downtown"
Within walking distance to Union Square, Starbuck's on opposite corners, Walgreen's, Chipotle nearby. Walk to the bus stop. Go to the Working Girl Cafe for a great sandwich. Hotel was beautiful and immaculate. Love their green philosophy. Bed was awesome. Great place to stay in the city by the Bay!
3 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"Friendly staff"
Nice hotel with friendly staff. Good location with walking distance to "everything".
5 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"Nice hotel in downtown SF"
This is a nice, clean hotel in a safe neighborhood conveniently located close to Chinatown, Union Sq, buses, trains, and trolleys. Great place to stay.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Debbie
"Pretty solid experience"
Stayed here 5 nights for business. Hotel was very clean. Rooms were nice, bed was comfortable. Located less than 10 minutes away from Market St. where my office was. I stayed on the 2nd Fl facing the street and my only complaint was the street was a little noisy and woke me up in the middle of the night. If you are a light sleeper, request a room on a higher floor or bring ear plugs. Overall it was a pretty nice place and I would definitely stay there again.
5 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Randy
"I think I arrived on an off day..."
Disappointed in a few things. Reception, although I checked in at 11pm, was kind of inert. Didn't really care or say anything when I found discarded garbage and a fully eaten M&Ms bag on the dresser tray. I specifically brought it down to them to let them know, so I didn't get charged for it, and again the inert response. Dude was distracted by something. Anyway, two days later, they tried charging me for the M&Ms and I had to remind them that a note should have been left to the effect (which they checked ex post facto). Then valet service lost our car, mixing it up with another guest's van. Luckily it was found, but they did have to press me for details about the car's appearance and license plate, if I could remember (I couldn't). They eventually found it, and they waived a day's parking for me to compensate, but I just wasn't impressed. The staff were apologetic, and they did say that this had never happened before (believable enough), but it just wasn't enough to merit a higher rating. I would try them again only if they discounted the price. I stayed in a much, much nicer hotel for cheaper just three weeks prior (the Westin at Union Sq.), so I was expecting more than I got. Sorry, guys, but you gotta step it up a little more.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Barrett
Almost perfect. Only exception was I could not get WiFi to work. However, overall experience excellent.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Staff was very helpful and friendly, location is excellent, room was very clean and comfortable over all a great hotel for a stay in S.F..
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"The best small hotel I have stayed at."
Excellent staff. In 30 years of business travel this is one of the three best small hotels I have ever stayed at.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Roy
Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. We enjoyed breakfast at the on-site restaurant.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Comfortable, quiet and great location"
We loved our room. Comfortable bed, nice furnishings, and quiet. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Loved the location. Definitely would go back.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Scotts
"Right next to the Chinatown Entrance."
This is a lovely hotel for a decent price in the heart of San Francisco. We will stay there again.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Abby
"Nice hotel right next to China Town."
Nice hotel, reasonably priced for downtown SF. Comfortable bed, clean premises and really nice and efficient staff. The concierge there, Art, is superb. Great restaurant recommendations, very helpful with transportation issues. I'd definitely stay there again. My only real criticism is I'd like to see some weights in the hotel fitness room, which is small and limited to some cardio equipment.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"The Orchard is a well located and well run Hotel."
We had an excellent experience. The Hotel is very well located in downtown San Francisco, an easy walk to Union Square and other interesting things to see. Check in was very easy and our room was very comfortable and clean. The room was not huge, but it had a comfortable sofa, very comfortable bed with nice crisp linens, and the bathroom was well appointed. We will definitely stay there again when our travel takes us to SF.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Hidden gem in downtown SF"
This is the second time I've stayed at the Orchard Garden. I like the location, not too far from Union Square, nice neighborhood next to the Chinatown gate. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious by SF standards and very clean. This is a "green" hotel so there are recycling containers in each room which is nice. The bed was very comfortable. I highly recommend the Orchard Garden hotel.
1 night trip with friends May 11, 2014
Marilyn
"Convenient location for Moscone Center"
Comfortable and clean, close proximity to Market St, Union Square, Chinatown.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Roberto
"Very small for price"
The room was clean but extremely tiny. No breakfast included with room. For over $500 for 2 nights I expect breakfast. Parking was $45 a day. I just think for the price I could have stayed in a suite somewhere else.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Sonia
"sadly, no consideration"
Great hotel, staff, amenities, and our company may still continue to use it for our staff working in the area, which is why I'd hoped that we wouldn't be charged for a missed first night of a 2 night stay, when a cancelled flight caused us to stay in another city. The offer of a discounted room, or a credit would have gone a long way in earning our loyalty.
2 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
CS
"Pleasant surprise in SF!"
This was an important one night stay and we were so glad to have found such a nice hotel so close to our activity. The price was midway between the awful hotels and the most expensive, but it was previous reviews that convinced us to book the Orchard Garden.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Well located, perfect for our group."
reaaly perfect. convenient, within our budget and clean. I was just the kind of place we needed.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"A great hotel in a great location!"
We were very happy with our stay at the Orchard Garden Hotel. The location was perfect, right next to Chinatown and near Union Square. Great places to eat nearby, easy access to public transportation and a good, clean, safe hotel. We would recommend it and stay there again for sure!
5 night trip Mar 27, 2014
Great hotel, would stay here again. Got it on a deal, tends to be more expensive. If you can find a good deal on this hotel, certainly worth it. Likely worth it at full price.
2 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Nice hotel, great location, fair price.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2014
Claudia
Everything was fine except I see a charge from the hotel in my pending credit card charges for the room. Hope this gets cleared up.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Great choice"
I was happy in every way with this hotel. Reviews prepared me for the less positive points- lack of view from rooms except City View rooms, rather small rooms, tiny fitness center, but none of these were important to me. The bed, cleanliness, and location were, and these were every bit as good as rated. Hotel and rooms (we had 3) were immaculate, bed was heavenly, and staff were terrific. Lots of restaurants, coffee shops, and transportation options nearby. We loved it!
5 night trip Mar 11, 2014
"Cramped quarters"
Nice boutique hotel close to both business and tourist destinations. Only knock is that space is at a premium, both in lobby and in rooms.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
"Stylish boutique feeling"
Small, stylish, contemporary building. Room quite small but very nice. Staff very, very professional and attentive. No free Wifi, a disappointment. 3 blocks to union square, 20 steps to Chinatown gate. You can park at the city garage, Portsmouth Square Garage, which is about five blocks away, for much less per day.
3 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
"Absolutely no complaints!"
Everything was absolutely wonderful. My second time at this hotel and I will do it again! Location, staff, room, facilities, everything you could ask for when traveling, for business or pleasure.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
Raquel
"Great staff; Fine location"
The best parts of the Orchard Garden Hotel are the staff...very, very nice, very, very helpful....and the location....right next to the gate into Chinatown! The room was fine...small...not warm and cozy (to us!) and the A/C//Heating thermostat was irritating....keeping the fan running ad infinitum....unless the entire system were turned off. The fact that they did not offer bottled water was irritating (although, hint, there is filtered water in the office behind the front desk so....if you bring your own bottles, they can fill them for you). But...in the end....the staff and the location made up for anything else. So, on that basis, we'd recommend it.
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Impressed!!"
The morning before checking in to Orchard Gardens, I did not have a reservation. I was supposed to stay at a hotel in an area I didn't view as particularly safe. From the moment I made my reservation, I felt welcome at orchard gardens. I walked in late due to business and the entire staff was incredibly helpful, answering questions, recommending a place to eat a late meal and so on. My time there couldn't have gone smoother and I'm so grateful for last minute reservations!
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2014
"Great location, great place"
We stayed for a long weekend with friends and had a wonerful time. They took exceptional care of us and helped us with a problem with our booking. We love the location, close to most of the city that we enjoy visiting. We were able to walk to many of our destinations. Very comfortable and clean rooms.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Perfect city centre hotel"
We arrived in the rain but we're greeted by Phil who unloaded our bags as we checked in. The front desk staff were helpful. Our room was a good size and was well appointed,clean and modern. The hotel is in the perfect location to visit Union Square and the Chinatown Gate is literally around the corner. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
Ros
"5 stars all around"
The location is perfect for tourist. It's close to many city attractions and major public transportation. The stuffs are extremely friendly and helpful. The room is very clean and quiet compare to other hotels in the city. A little bonus... the hair dryer was actually able dry my hair, never happen before with other hotels.
3 night trip Jan 20, 2014
"Moms birthday trip"
I was very pleased with the room and overall cleanliness of the facility. We spent only one night. The garden on the roof was a nice touch.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"Quiet and Pleasant Stay"
We had a very nice experience. We had three rooms which were all different in layout. The rooms were away from Bush St. and very quiet. The bathrooms were large but the rooms were somewhat small. All were clean, well maintained, and a good value. The location was convenient for us and we walked to all of the places of interest(Union Sq., Chinatown, No. Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz Ferry). Breakfast omelets had fresh ingredients as well as a fruit compote.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
Richard Kanazawa
"Great, Eco-friendly hotel"
We had an excellent stay at this hotel. Our room was spacious and clean. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. They allowed us to check out a bit later than usual as our 9 month old was still taking a nap when it was time to check out. Would definitely stay here again on our next trip to SF.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
"Nice, quiet hotel"
This is a really nice hotel in a very convenient location in downtown SF. We would definitely elect to stay here again. The room was very clean and surprisingly quiet and the bed was as good as any hotel bed I've stayed in (many over the years!). Keep in mind that anywhere in this area you will have to pay for parking at your hotel, and it is the same at OG. It was $45 per night (for valet service) and this not included in the price you pay for the room. For us, the convenience of valet parking service was worth the extra $5 + tip.
2 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Close to China Town and UNion square"
not worth the money. I personally did not enjoy the service and will nt stay at any of the sister chains again. There is nothing that stood out to me for this hotel .... Everything was below average .
Other trip Dec 18, 2013
The staff was attentive to our needs and responsive when calling for my vehicle. Although the room was small it was well decorated and clean. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. About the only negative was the view to a rooftop and maintenance/cleaning area. A lower price would make this hotel an excellent value.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Fishman
"Excellent!"
Would not hesitate to stay again or to recommend to visitors.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Ed
"Nice but unexceptional hotel."
Booked a "junior suite" for my wife's birthday. Large bathroom, large balcony with a view, but small room for the price (about $285 pretax). Staff was great and helpful. Location excellent, literally at the foot of Chinatown and near Union Square, financial district, etc. Valet parking overpriced at $40, with garages nearby.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Art
"What a gem!"
I travel a lot for work, and I have to say the Orchard Garden Hotel in San Francisco is absolutely the best place I've ever stayed at. The room was exceptional - on the 10th floor, with a large bathroom that featured a stand-alone glass shower, and beautiful views of the SF skyline. The real key to Orchard Garden though are the staff. I've never met a friendlier, more eager-to-please group of people. Doorman Alfonso was particularly exceptional and always went out of his way to make our stay there as comfortable as possible. Housekeeping kept our room tidy no matter how late in the day it was before we left the room. I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel. If you're going to SF, stay in Orchard Garden!
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Todd
"Very nice boutique hotel"
The Orchard Garden is a small but very nice hotel. Perfectly located near the financial district, the shopping district, Union Square, and right next to Chinatown. The staff is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable of the area, attentive and professional. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant is great--although a bit overpriced for the area. The two reasons I do not give it a 5 rating is due to the hotel's wifi. It's free, but excruciatingly slow. Also, if your device goes idle for more than a few minutes it forces you to login again. As a business traveler, this is unacceptable.
10 night business trip Nov 10, 2013
SB
"Highly recommended"
First time in San Fran. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the rooms were clean, a great size and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to everything! Cab ride to fishermans wharf very affordable around $12. Overall I can not fault my stay at the Orchard Garden at all!! We would stay here again!
3 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Kerrie
"Very nice hotel close to China Town"
Very clean and eco-friendly hotel situated right at the gates to China Town in the Financial District. Very easy walk to the Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Moscone Center.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
S
"Best Hotel for this price or any price"
Clean. Friendly staff. Great Ambiance. Perfect location. Excellent experience.
3 night business trip Oct 29, 2013
Ernesto
"Perfect downtown location."
This was a return visit to this hotel. The location is well located to Union Square and the financial district. Easy walk to public transportation and shopping. A few blocks from the f-line trolley that will take you anywhere from Castro to Hyde street on the wharf.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013