All hotels in El Paso, Texas, United States of America
6351 Gateway Boulevard West, El Paso, TX, 79925, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Has plenty "room" for improvement"
Visited hotel during Dec 2014. Pros - Hotel is clean and newly modeled. Close to airport and shopping. AC/Heater worked quickly. Room had a safe. New TVs. Plenty of USB and outlet connections to charge electronics. Staff friendly and lounge clean. Room was spacious. Cons - Trouble getting hot water 90% of the time to the room. I would feel bad for groups of 2 or more. No hot water for you. Internet (WIFI) connection was very spotty. I would feel bad for any business traveler using the hotels internet connection. I would lose connection every 5 minutes during busy times of the day. Safe didn't have batteries, had to call staff to fix. Ran out of toiletries, had to call staff to refill. Storage for clothes was limited. (Not sure why they can't add an extra dresser, plenty of space in the room.) In its current condition, I would only recommend the hotel, if you are staying for a day or so and traveling by yourself and if internet is not important to you. Please note - Maybe they haven't worked out all the kinks since the remodel. Hopefully this stuff can get fixed in the next couple of weeks/months.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
MXintheMidWest
"Worst service ever!"
We have a three year old and six year old that go to bed promptly at 7pm nightly without any complaints ever, but they were up all night due to noise in the hotel. I realize 7 is a little early for the rest of the world so we waited a few hours through what sounded like a heard of elephants stomping on the floor above us. Finally around 10pm we contacted the manager, but alas the stomping continued past 2am. When I booked the hotel I stated there would be two adults and two children so when I entered the bathroom to only find three bath towels I was a little confused. That mystery was quickly solved at 7am the next morning when we tried to shower and there was absolutely NO HOT WATER! What?! It's 28 degrees outside, we haven't slept and now we can't even shower? I rang the front desk over and over to no avail. Finally I got ahold of someone that told me "sorry the hotel is full and we can't move you to another room. The maintenance man should have been here at 8 but he must be stuck in traffic or something, besides I have a lot for him to do down here in the lobby area anyways so he will get to the water when he gets to it. I can give you a free breakfast voucher." I'm not sure about anyone else but my family and I would rather have a hot shower than their sorry excuse for a breakfast buffet. We knew six other guests staying at the hotel and they all showered in freezing cold water. Simply put, this hotel is just awful and I'd never return.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
cammy
"From aus to phx"
Good one
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Pankaj
"disappointed"
First of all, the management was very un-accommodating, and there was no hot water the whole time I stayed there.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Bo
"passing thru"
clean and comfy, good coffee and breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
It was a pleasure hosting your recent stay with us. We hope you will stay again should your travels bring you back to the El Paso area.
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
kay
Excellent since renovation. Adding bar and food service makes the stay easy. Food was great and being able to have a cocktail finished the day for me.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Your positive review of our new Holiday Inn El Paso Airport and Burger Theory was exciting to share with the staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2014
Very updated and nice hotel for the price. Great service, would stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. It was a pleasure having you stay with us at the Holiday Inn El Paso Airport.
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Yolanda
"Nice Hotel quiet and comfortable"
Nice Hotel quiet and comfortable the prices are great
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We hope that when visiting El Paso you will chose our Hotel as your preferred hotel and restaurant. See you again in the near future.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Jose
"Brand new all!"
No longer a Wingate, now a Holiday Inn, but all was perfect.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
We are now the new Holiday Inn El Paso Airport. Thank you for your dedication and staying with us after our renovation and brand change.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"????"
Two things are problems First: watch tv that always dim screen, I had to re set remote control over over. I assumed tv must be defective. Second: need to cover window more dark becuz the lights bother while we slept.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you from making us aware of the issue with the remote. That has been corrected. All our rooms have black out curtains. Possibly they were push back and you did not notice them. If your travels bring you back to the El Paso area it would be an honor to serve you again.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Richard D
"Hotel under construction"
Very nice, clean and comfortable beds!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Monique S.
"FYI hotel under renovation"
This hotel is under renovation until august. I wish I knew that prior to arriving. The hotel staff we perfect. The room was fine . And construction noise didn't start until 8:30am most days and ended at 6pm. All the amenities were still available just condensed.
5 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
"Under construction, totally Misrepresented !!!"
1. We called 3 months in advance to put our family rooms on the same floor. They did not put our rooms on the same floor, even when I called a few days before and then on the day we arrived. 2. Breakfast omelets were a tough texture, not pleasant to bite. 3. Ear piercing alarm sounded for several minutes. Guest's rushed to closest exits. I had an infant in my arms and as I quickly made my way to the closest exit, I held one of her ears to my chest and covered her other ear with my hand. I could not avoid the piercing sound myself. We had two other rooms in the hotel with two other young children and we wondered how the adults were protecting them. After standing in the hot sun. Sometime after the alarm stopped, we re-entered the hotel. Staff never told us "It was a false alarm". 4. Our daughter said the second floor, in the hallway, there are loosed and hollow floorboards that felt like it was ready to cave in, in some spots. 5. We tried to cancel a room we would not be using and Expedia tried to cancel a room we would not be using and the hotel staff refused to refund our money. 6. Breakfast room had an adult movie on, with a strip tease scene. 7. The toilet in our room had to be fixed, once fixed, see #8. 8. We had to use the ice bucket to fill the toilet tank. 9. We did not know the hotel was under construction, this was a disappointing representation. 10. Downstairs ice machine was out of order.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
John and Cindy
"Remodeling"
Everything was fine but with the remodeling in process it made the experience a little less enjoyable. The TV wasn't working as it should due to re-wiring of cable as well.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Great job while building is under renovation,staff did a great job, will be very nice when finished.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
mike
Convenient location..everything is nearby..
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Very Dissatisfied"
If a hotel is under construction this should be one of the first things that is mentioned on the website. It was a mess, the hallways were in disarray, all the hallways had a terrible dirty smell. Per the conference director, the attendees were supposed to be in a large conference room, instead they were stuck in a hotel room. 40 people squished together like sardines, the room was unbearably hot and when we spoke to management about it they said they made arrangements with the conference director and would not be offering anything extra to the students. We stayed there for convenience sake, but the place was a mess. One of the websites was offering the room for $149 per night. Ridiculous, there is no way that this hotel is at the calibre of $149 per night.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Ms. Terry, I apologize for the issues you feel were unsatisfactory; however, the coordinator of your event was aware of our property being under renovation. This was explained at the time of reserving the room for your event. As for the hallways being in disarray that is not the case. The only areas under renovation were on the first floor in the public areas and 4th floor. For the first floor there are temporary walls in place for guest safety and 4th floor is closed off to all guests. Your event was being conducted on the 3rd floor. All guest rooms and hallways are clean and in excellent condition. We hope you will have an opportunity to see our newly renovated hotel in the future.
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
Joyce Huerta Terry
"Under construction"
I have stayed here before and enjoyed my stay. I did not know they were renovating the hotel! :-( I'm sure it will be nice when finished however I would have appreciated a heads up.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Dirty, inconvenient"
Shame on Hotels.com for not advising us that it is under renovation. Very dirty from dust and had to walk around bldg w luggage to find temporary entrance. Had requested king bed but was told only two queen during construction. Front desk guy: take it or leave it
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
Jerange
"Going under construction"
It is going under construction right now, so it was a little confusing getting into the hotel since all the signs were knocked down. The spa was closed off due to construction and the halls were hot. The rooms were great though, cool, comfortable, and cozy. The breakfast was continental but good. Just wished we had known about the construction because we really wanted to enjoy the spa.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
"Visiting family"
My husband & I came to see my brother and his family that we haven't seen in several years and the price was right so we chose this place. Everybody was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was kept clean and the breakfast was always fresh and warm. The only thing that we did not like was how cold the pool was but it wasn't that big of a deal considering it was the second week of May and wasn't 95 degrees so we didn't say anything. Overall we were satisfied with the hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Every staff member I interacted with was great - including 3-4 front desk people, 2 different food service people and 2-3 hosekeeping I spoke with. Thanks for a pleasant stay! John
3 night business trip Apr 26, 2014
"Nice but too loud"
Everything met my exceptions but too loud at night due to interstate traffic.
Other trip May 10, 2014
It was a great STAY. Beds were a little hard tho. And I asked for extra PILLOWS and I never got them NOR received a call back that there wasn't any. But other than that had no problems. Didn't get to catch BREAKFAST.
1 night business trip Apr 27, 2014
"Comfortable"
It was overall a very nice hotel for the price. It was a very comfortable stay. The staff was extremely nice and friendly. I loved that it was walking distance from a taco cabana and Walgreens.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Very noisy"
The only bad thing with this hotel is that you can hear everything that is going no on the other rooms. I don't think that listening people walking on the upper room is nice. I couldn't get any sleep because of that. Everything else was great.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Fernando
"Clean, great breakfast, great location, No issues"
Had no problems. It was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend. A friend (who is an airline stewardess) was at the Wyndham hotel at the Airport and moved to the Wingate(also Wyndham) because it was trashed. Easy access to everything, right off the freeway. Needed to leave the fan on to help drown out the freeway traffic, but that is not a problem for me. And better than airplane noise. The breakfast was really good. It was also the cheapest quality hotel around.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you, Don, for your gracious comment about our property. We do take pride in our work and it is rewarding to know when it is appreciated. We hope you will have an opportunity to stop by again for another visit.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Don
"Worst Hotel"
Horrible. For 175.00 for about 4 hrs. The towels were dirty. This was a one star hotel . The guy who I reserved this room with told me that the hotel was very nice above a 3 star and in a nice location. This hotel was a zero . The price should have been 19.99 at best. I will never stay at a Wingate Hotel again.
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Kermitt Howard
"Exceeded our expectations"
Our room was larger than average and the bedding was new and quite comfortable. Breakfast was very good and balanced. Internet connection was blazing fast. Overall we thought the experience was better than the rating, and we decided to stay again on the way back home.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
It is always rewarding to see that we accomplished our intentions by pleasing our guests during their stay. We were thrilled to see that we exceeded your expectations. The Wingate family look forward to your next stay with us.
1 night trip Mar 24, 2014
JD
"Close to shopping centers."
Didn't like the fact there wasn't a DVD player, but overall was great, staff was helpful
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you for your recent comment about your stay at our property. Our facility does not have a DVD player. We do have a variety of movies that can be purchased during your stay. I was pleased to read that otherwise you did have an enjoyable stay with us.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
LES
"great stay"
great !!!
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
It is refreshing to know you had a "great" stay at the Wingate by Wyndham El Paso :)
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
"Worth it"
Very clean, comfortable and would stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
It was a pleasure having you stay at our property and look forward to your next visit with us.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
Good condition hotel, clean and quiet rooms, the only complain would be that bed smelled to clorox
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you for your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham El Paso. It is always a pleasure to be able to share positive comments such as yours with our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Chaton
"Cross country drive"
I would definitely recommend this hotel! The only disappointment was the free breakfast...that could be why it's free...they didn't have a big selection and what they did have already had things added to them (ie...all the eggs were scrambled with salsa...and I hate salsa), so we ended up grabbing breakfast somewhere else, but other than that, the hotel was clean, beautiful and had an excellent staff! HIGHLY recommended. :)
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you very much for your candid comments. I will accelerate your concern for evaluation so that this is addressed accordingly. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we truly appreciate your business. Thank you for making Wingate by Wyndham your choice of hotel.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Military Work at Fort Bliss"
I will never stay there again. I am being charged for two nights that I should not be charged for due to having to return to my state for a work related military emergency. I have attempted to dispute this issue and the hotel refuses to work with me. They clearly are not a military friendly hotel.
3 night trip Feb 16, 2014
Natasha Cliatt
"Nice hotel Great central location"
Good variety for breakfast Shopping and restaurants close by Easy access off the I-10
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Nice hotel close to everthing."
Very nice people, I Arrived early they have my room available, thank you.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Hello Mr. luis, We are glad for the opportunity to provide you accommodation in our hotel. Thank you for taking time in gising us your feedback and rating as it measures our performance and efficiency. We hope to have another chance to serve you in our hotel soon.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
luis
"Everything I paid for and more!!!!"
I spend a lot of time on the road and have spent a lot more money to receive the amenities and overall treatment that I received here. On my next trip, this is where I'll be. A profound thank you to all...
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Hello Miss Karen, Thank you for giving us the opportunity of providing your lodging needs in our hotel. Our team is indeed inspired by your reviews and comments and we assure you we will stay committed in maintaining the quality of services you enjoyed in our hotel. Your business is of great value to us.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
"Trip Home"
The hotel was was okay. I called in advance to see if there was a certain check in time because we were coming into town for a funeral and we wanted to freshen up before going to the service. They informed me that an eary check in was no problem. When we got to the hotel about an hour before the service we were told by the front desk that we could not check in till 3:00 PM. We were completely upset and had to freshen up in the hotel lobby restrooms. They made no attempt to remedie the situation.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Mr. Art A. Thank you for making us aware of the issue you described about not being able to check-in early. When reviewing your reservation the reason you could not check in early was due to the room type you received. I did speak with the front desk clerks about communicating more effectively with our guests should this situation occur in the future. I do apologize that this was not the case in your situation. We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you back to the El Paso area.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2014
Art A.
"Nice and comfortable hotel"
this hotel was at a good location, right next to i-10. the staff was friendly, we checkin in late and they upgraded us to a suite since they were out of regular rooms. asked for a late out and was granted. breakfast was good.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
We truly appreciate your very generous reviews and taking note of our effort to better serve your requirements. We hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Hotel was nice. Had an issue with toilet but were transferred to another room, immediately. At check in, employee was rude. Other than that, it was a nice stay.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
It was a pleasure to see that your stay at our property was a pleasant experience. The employee that you encountered is no longer with us. I do apologize for the unprofessional treatment you receive. Should you return to the El Paso area it would be an honor to have you stay with us.
1 night family trip Jan 25, 2014
"Close to all must see sights"
Enjoyed it very much!
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you Ben for choosing the Wingate by Wyndham El Paso during your stay in the El Paso area. Hope to see you should you return to West Texas.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2014
Ben
"Excellent Service"
We enjoyed our stay at the Wingate especially because of the excellence of the staff. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The hotel itself was clean and comfortable. We plan to stop there again on our next trip through El Paso.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you Marilyn for taking the time to express your comments about your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham El Paso. I will pass your kind words along to the staff members. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
Marilyn C.
"Wow"
The quality and comfort of the room was amazing, especially for the price! I'll definitely stay there again!
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Pat, we look forward to seeing you again. It is a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Pat
"Hire a maintenance person"
The room's (218) shower was falling apart. There were cracks in tiles. The "complimentary" (not so much as we pay the extra 40 bucks for a nicer room and toiletries) lotion reeked of an old lady and patchouli oil combo, I needed to shower again after using it. The towels were stiff and thin. The decor was very ugly 1990's veneer on cardboard. The room was no better than a Super 8. It was not up to the level of a $100 a night room.
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
JohnH
"Sufficent For What we Needed"
The staff was the best. They made available a shuttle for us to use to get back and forth to the air port. We were given a ADA wheel chair accessible unit. The shower did not have a lip so when you took a shower it would pool in the entire bathroom. We had to use towels to get up all the water. So, if you are put in one like this, make for yourself a "sandbag" with folded towls to prevent the water flood. The bed is VERY firm. The king bed has very little pillows for the size of the bed. The room was tidy and clean. If you are sensitive to noise, this may not be the place for you. It is next to the highway, so you will hear cars and people walking etc.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Hello Miss Tasha, I regret that you have experienced discomfort during your stay in our hotel. We will ensure facilities are working well prior to assigning to our guests from now on. We appreciate your candid reviews. Allow us to better serve you next time and let us know of your room preference we will try our best to give you the accommodation that suits your requirements.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Tasha
"We enjoy this hotel!"
We like it very much this hotel, it has hot breakfast included, gym, swimming pool, etc, it´s very clean, the only detail it has was that the toilett doesn´t work pretty well since we arrive. We didn´t request another room, because we arrive late. But it´s excellent!
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Hello Miss Karla, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Please do not hesitate to call the attention of our staff on duty if you have concerns as they will gladly attend to you on your next visit. Your generous reviews are inspiration to us. We value your business.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
Karla
"Nice hotel to stay"
No complain.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Thank you for choosing our property when staying in El Paso. We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to this area.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
"Excellent stay!"
I was very happy with my stay at the Wingate. Very clean and very helpful staff in accommodating me with a room that was perfect. Breakfast was good and room was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn El Paso Airport
Patty, thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share them with my staff. It is rewarding to them to know their hard work is appreciated. If your travels should bring you back to the El Paso area it would be an honor to have you stay with us again.
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
Patty
"Excellent hotel"
Excellent hotel: very clean and comfortable room. Outstanding service. Very convenience location from/to the airport. I will definitely come back again !!!
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013