All hotels in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Paseo De La Reforma 24, Mexico City, DF, 06040, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"poor conditions"
very bad hotel. poor quality.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2015
Tao
"Good luck!!"
Not very good customer service. I had a lot of trouble with the front desk finding my reservation and, for that we wasted a lot of time that could have spent exploring the city. I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Fredy O
"Nice hotel perfect location and good breakfast"
No problem with check in, good breakfast, very good location near to hidalgo subway station
Other trip May 23, 2015
Victor
"Value"
Very nice accommodations for the price. Close to area attractions.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
rick
"close to palacio de bellas artes and Zocalo"
Inside the hotel and the room is neglected, the inside is very poor
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!"
This hotel was the worst experience I've ever had in my entire life. It's a non smoking floor and clearly someone was smoking in the room for us to smell. So we called the front desk to warn them and they said they will send someone up there to check for us. And of course no one ever showed up. Also, around 8pm at night, we asked for an additional roll of Toilet paper and they said we don't have any until the next morning! So we had to walk to a store to purchase one!!! Lastly, the room was totally disgusting!!!!! They have dirty beds and sheets that we had bug bites every night. We bought sprays, creams, you name it. We got it from the pharmacy but nothing helped!!!!!!! It was a nightmare staying at this hotel and Defintely never recommending this place!!! Bad service. Rude customer service. We stayed 11 nights there. And it was the worst experience ever in life!!!!!!!
11 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Sonya
"Excellent Service & staff"
Everything was good ;) personal, food, Service, location, Price etc.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Arcelia
The hotel is four starts but it seems three starts because is to old, the rooms need a remodelation
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Alejandra
"Great Find"
Especially well located near the historic district and still quiet! Exceptional breakfast buffet included in the price (be sure it is); pleasant redo of the rooms include paint, new curtains, a/c and heater unit, comfortable beds, okay linens and towels. Probably the best value I've seen in a hotel in years. I=
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Suzi
Excellent staff. Wonderful breakfast. I didn't expect that I was able to stay at this kind of decent hotel. It was a great hotel for my six days stay in Mexico City.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Best place to stay Mexico City"
3star room, great place, clean,location perfect, price was very great from hotels.com $35 per night, the restaurant on 10th floor was okay. It was my first timein Mexico City, and i will stay here again.
5 night trip Dec 3, 2014
"Terrible noisy at night"
This hotel is for students groups during a spring break but no for business
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Franco
Terrible for the waittress in the reception. She can not find thenreservation. She used almost one hour to finish the checkin .
"The Most Horrible Unsanitary Conditions"
It is by far one of the worst experiences I've had in years, the rom was just hideous, and it smelled dirty, the towels smelled as if the had been washed with no detergent of any kind, the hot water took nearly 20 minutes to come out. it is just a sad place to be' I would not recommend it to anyone
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
sal
"Not a good place to Stay"
The only thing good is the location, after that is not a good experience. Bad attituted of staff, there is no interest in making the guest fill at home.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Hosffman
"Stay not good; good location"
Hotel is in bad condition and needs renovation; room carpet was old and and in bad shape. Halls are dark and rooms don't look clean enough.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Manny
"Over all Nice stay"
Over all Nice stay, I cant say I had anything to complain about. The gym could have been better but over all OK. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Ray
"Terrible stay, since minute 1."
1st, I had to park for a couple of minutes right in front the hotel (while I was geeting my parking permit from the front desk), nobody told me I wasn´t allowed to leave the car overthere), there is no clear sign and being my 1st time in the big city, I had 3 police guys all over me for around 20min I was just trying to explain I didnt knew´the bicycle rules and that I learned my lesson, i was asking just for a warning leave, while they kept telling me they didn´t care and there was nothing they could do that my car, i was going to pay around $200 and my car was going to be towed to the depo... and not getting it back till Monday (this happened Sat), long story short I (very ashamed to admit) gave them 200pesos for the refreshments...all for the lack of attention of the concierge to give advise regarding parking. 2nd, Finally at the front desk the hotel didnt hold my reservation and made me pay 220 pesos per extra person, which i did only for one person, they told me the Expedia price was too cheap it couldn´t be right that i needed to pay additional 220pesos for the missing guest and additional 340pesos to match their published price (on a board at the hotel). 3rd, i would have agreed to pay the whole charge if the room was fine, but it was feet smelly, internet never worked, very old 19" tv, dirty sheets, shower spilled water everywhere...
omar z
The hotel looks very much nicer and cleaner on the Expedia pictures. I was very disappointed that it didn't have a swimming pool.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Is a good location but.."
The location, breakfast and wifi is good but the staff don't speak english and the 2 ladies in the front desk are unfriendly they said NO to everything but don't give u a solution, i paid extra $600mx cuze we were 2 and they charge per person per night I woke up with fleas bites all over my legs. Is a good hotel but there is too many hotels around with better service.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
angie
"they did not honor my reservation as it was made"
The hotel receptionist did not provided a room as reserved and provided a room way cheaper than what was reserved. Recetionoist very unpolite. Very bad time.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Frankye
"BEST HOTEL VALUE IN MEXICO CITY"
Hotel Fontan is the best hotel value in Mexico City. The location is perfect to use public transportation ( buses and metro). The staff is always very helpful. The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet cannot be better. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Great location and convenient"
The Fontan has a great location to set up base camp when traveling to Mexico City. The staff is courteous, but a little stressed and undertrained. The check-in process is slow and could be improved with some pre-planning, but this is something that hasn't changed in the past 2-3 years that I've stayed at this hotel and don't expect it to change in the near future. The rooms are clean and have A/C. The beds are hard, but after a long day of pounding the pavement around town, you don't really notice or care. Remotes for the TV are kept at the front desk so make sure to ask for it upon arrival or you'll be making another trip back down to the lobby. However, you can't beat the location with access to transportation as soon as you walk out the front door.
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Terrible Customer Service"
I called the hotel at least 10 times to confirm my reservations, each time I called I got hung up on, only once did they transferred me to the front desk only to be told that they couldn't find my reservation, when I told them I had made the reservation online they transferred me to someone else only to have that person hang up on me.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Great Breakfast & location,but very bad impression"
My first room had a very dirty carpet and bad smell. We told the staffs we were leaving the next day. However, My husband liked the renovated cafeteria and good breakfast food and decided to stay and ask for a better room. They got us a better room that was clean and recently renovated. We saved money on breakfast and parking and were comfortable in the new room. If you come to this hotel make sure they don't give you a dirty and smelly room. They have better rooms. They should not give those rooms in the last floor to a normal clean person. These rooms should be for homeless or very dirty people. The staff was corteous and polite. However, got a very bad impression when I was told to wait for my expedia payment to be confirmed while the young lady on the desk was on the phone the whole time speaking with her friends smiling and laughing, that does not look professional. I got very mad about that.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
ade
"Good hotel in downtown city"
I was for two nights.Comfortable rooms and good location. Ideal for short stay in DF
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Luis Fermando
"The facilities are terrible!!!"
Do not trust in the pictures of the website. The facilities and condition of the hotel are negatives! The personnel are very nice but it is not enough.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Close to downtown"
The hotel was what was expected of a budget hotel. The rooms were clean although the fixtures and carpeting old and worn. The staff was not friendly did the minimum. When leaving one day for business with a large bag we were almost accosted by the staff demanding paperwork to be able to leave the property although we explained we still had several days still prepaid.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Not a very nice hotel"
I was not very impressed with this hotel. I booked a king and got two singles, the carpet in the hall way was torn and the door to the room didn't open the whole way. Luckily I only stayed one night at this hotel.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Pedro
Rooms are very chip furniture to They ofer wi fi in every room And is no true Wi fi is avalaible only in the Restaurant and the service is very Poor
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Ok for the price- spend lots of time discovering"
This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. Juan and Alfredo in the restaurant are the only friendly people on the staff--- everyone else makes you feel like you are annoying them- whether it be checking in or checking out- or making a request for a tv control. They are remodeling the hotel and it looks like the rooms are quite a bit nicer. Honestly for the price- that include the breakfast Buffett- you can't beat it- especially since the only thing we ever do is sleep there since there is so much to see
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Tina
"Recommended Hotel for budget price"
The hotel has an excellent location with easy access to both MetroBus and the Metro and is right on the Paseo de la Reforma for interesting walks. It is not too far from the Zona Rosa, perhaps a 15 or 20 minute walk. The hotel itself has a very nicely done lobby. My room was comfortable, an excellent bed, and a strong shower with lots of hot water. Very nice staff at the reception desk. The only drawback is that if you get a room facing the Reforma, there is quite a bit of traffic noise. I used the fan of the air conditioner to help mask some noise. I noticed that some rooms are being renovated and these may be quieter, you might want to ask for one of these rooms when making a reservation. And the buffet breakfast was excellent with omelettes made to order and lots to choose from. All in all, a very nice hotel for a budget price.
Other trip Nov 5, 2013
"close to all atracctions"
the best vacations
3 night trip Oct 24, 2013
carmen
"Excellent location close to main sites in the city"
The services provided by the staff (bell boy/front desk/security/maintenance) was excellent. Staff was supportive and gracious in attending the needs of my group. The breakfast buffet was great with a variety of Mexican, american dishes that satisfies the likes and diets needs of any person. The staff assigned to the restaurant (cooks/waiters/chef) were very friendly and applied to meet the needs to the satisfaction of the guest. A very good option for anybody interested in staying at a place close to all the sites and amenities within the downtown area (Traditional Colonial Section) of Mexico City.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Oscar
"Nice - budget hotel"
Excellent location for getting around the city. Located in the Reforma Avenue, just in from of "el caballito", walking distance to the historic center of the city: Bellas Artes Palace, Zocalo, etc. Then if you walk through Reforma you will find the Independence Angel. There is a Metro Station just 20 steps from the hotel. The breakfast "all you can eat" buffet is excellent, with a variety of delicious local dishes, and the more traditional breakfast food (eggs, pancakes, toast, etc).
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Juliana
"GOOD FOR THE PRICE WE PAID"
the hotel was ok, the rooms really small, the service at the room was great, they change towels, and everything, and cleaned the room every day, so it was great in an overall, the staff helpfull. so for the proce is ok, the only thing the remote contro didn't work, of course doesnt bother me, so i didnt complain, the breakfast bufett they have was great and a nice price, the view of the restaurant was great as well, an the location was great.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Moroni
"Center location at good price"
Location is great. Next to Alameda park and 10 min walk to Zokala. Free parking, though it was tough to get to hotel entrance because it is on a lateral, and other streets around were one way. Our room was facing Paseo de la Reforma and was noisy due to old fashion single layer wiindow glass but at the same time it was a great view. Room was spacy and overall fits to 3star hotel. I recommend this hotel to those who wants perfect center location at a resonable price with minor comfort restriction. The hotel is totally worth the money you pay.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
Alex
"For the price it was ok"
I guess the old saying "you get what you pay for" always applies. As many other reviewers mention, the internet is indeed "free" however, just hope it's working when you are upstairs eating breakfast. Our first morning it was not and we had to go find internet else where to catch up on business before enjoying our days there. The staff at the restaurant for the most part is very nice. However, there is one older waiter who is NOT even close! Our first morning at breakfast we felt like invaders that shouldn't even be there... the 2nd morning was a much better experience. As for room cleanliness. There was an AWFUL smell coming from the bathroom. By keeping the door closed, we were able to keep it down in the main room part, however, it would knock us over every time we went to the bathroom. The first morning we reported it, also requesting that housekeeping keep the door shut when they were done. When we got back later in the afternoon we were upset to find the smell as strong as ever and the door of the bathroom wide open. Also, I found pubic hairs around the sink faucet in the bathroom and the bathroom ceiling in the shower was falling down. All of these things were also reported to the hotel upon departure.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
Tina
"Great location, but that's about it"
They claim they have wifi. But only in the lobby and diner floor. They do have wired internet in the rooms, but it's very spotty. So, plan on depending on this internet. Staff are not empowered to help you. I arrived early in the morning, but they won't move you into the room until at least 1PM. I ran into someone with the same problem. If you are making the reservation thru Expedia or similar service, call the hotel directly to make sure they have received your reservation. They do have an interesting way of handling reservations---S....L...O.....W
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Excellent Hotel , Greatest Location ."
Hotel it's very Clean , Location it's Excellent , 2 steps and you are in Subway Station ( Hidalgo) , 1 block and you stay at Alameda Central and Bellas artes , located in Reforma ... All kind of buses arrive just front of the hotel , Personnel it's helpful to give to you any address or tips about mexico city ... next pleasure trip i'll stay at same Hotel ,
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
Cesar
"Good Value, Good Location"
The hotel is convenient to everything! Very clean and nice outdoor area on upper floor.Only negative is that the windows do not open, gets stuffy and there is absolutely no ice available!The breakfast is very good - you can`t beat the price!
7 night trip Aug 22, 2013
CARLOS
"no frills, budget stay"
location is good, very near metro. that is the biggest plus of the hotel. room is clean. a lot of street noise but price is low. good for budget conscience and those not picky.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"A nice hotel with Jacuzzi in México City Downtown"
The only thing is that the bathroom had some hair when we arrived. So it was not cleaned well. Other than that it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is very close to Palacio de Bellas Artes and 3 metro stations away from the Zocalo.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
scrcube
"Excellent budget hotel"
For the price, I am extremely pleased with this hotel. If you want to nitpick, there will be plenty with which to do that, but I'm interested in visiting the city and having a decent place to crash. There is a park near by so I could hear the band playing and people enjoying themselves but it didn't bother me. Not a hotel for people who like to complain. The rest of us will enjoy it just fine.
1 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2013
Andrew R
"Hotel fontan needs just a bit more loving from its"
Stayed here for a few nights with my gf, had to wait 3 hours the first night for room service and they still asked me to pay.The room service was much better the following few nights but that was no excuse for how things felt the first night, luckily they had a cool server. The surrounding area is poverty-stricken, and we literally almost got robbed less than 100 ft away from the hotel near the Sanborns. Furthermore the room's floor was unclean, black soot could be found on your feet if walking barefoot in the room. Luckily the room is updated and one could relax if you can ignore the above listed problems, at times it felt like hotel staff reacted as if they were "doing you a favor" on your requests despite advertising itself as a hotel that prides itself in service.
4 night romance trip Jul 25, 2013
"Very Nice and Great location!"
Overall very good pick! Location was excellent. Very Clean and Very avertable.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
"The center of Mexico City"
We booked this hotel for a Marta Sanchez concert in DF about 40 min drive to the palacio de los deportes (because of traffic) was walking distance to el palacios de Bellas Artes , 5 min drive to Mexico Citys iconic Angel & El Zocalo , about 20 minutes from The Basilica of our lady of Guadalupe, 10 min from the Zona Rosa the time is because of traffic. As far as the hotel You have to be close to the windows to pick up the wifi on second floor. Great views of the city on the 11th floor where they have the restaurant and 10 floor where gym and jacuzzi is located. Clean rooms but cleaning ladies dont respect thr DO NOT DISTURB Sign. Free parking the Bell boys park and pick up your car in late hours of the night. other than thatWill stay here again next time in Mexico City
3 night business trip Jun 26, 2013
Hex
Hotel is okay.... Good location. In front of bus stop and subway station. AC works like a fan not an actual AC. Beds are not very comfortable
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
erika
"Close to tourist sites, but not after 7PM"
Stayed here for 4 days and it was basically just a place to sleep. WiFi only available in lobby and staff was not the most friendly. Very noisy even though we were not facing Paseo de la Reforma and on 5th floor. Expect honks, shouting and everything else from 6am-11PM. Bar and Jacuzzi on 11 floor, which we never used.
4 night trip with friends Jun 11, 2013
"to much noise"
The hotel is well located but it is to noisy at night!
6 night trip Jun 3, 2013