All hotels in Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Paseo De La Reforma 24Mexico CityDF06040Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great location and breakfast"
Receptionists don't understand English very well. So communication in the hotel is slightly demanding. The wait staff is very good in the restaurants especially ask for Augustine.
4 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2016
joseph
"Best location in DF"
The best location in DF. Restaurant on 10th floor has great view. Close to Metro station. Walking distance to Bellas Artes and Zocalo.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2016
james
"fair price for what you get"
Great breakfast
2 night trip Mar 3, 2016
Gina
"I wil take my money and business elsewhere"
I have stayed at this hotel many times. Invariably I always have issues @ check in . I have paid different rates from standard room, standard plus, with breakfast included , view to reforma, etc and I don't seem to get the room that I thought I paid for . They create false expectations as when they clain they gave me an upgrade ,the ataff forget to mention it, therefore next time I pay the same rate only to get something worse or the answer that those rooms are executives or luxury then they say it was an upgrade. They are not accomodating and dont know what customer service is . I do late check in always as I fly in from the US and I end up aggravated at midnight. I wil take my business and my money elsewhere for sure.
3 night business trip Feb 4, 2016
Miriela M
"book again"
It was great cost benefit relation, i would book again for sure.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Raul Enrique
Room was way too cold. Did not have a heater.
5 night trip Jan 15, 2016
We were given the wrong rooms, staff seemed slightly annoyed to fix. One of the rooms was quite small there was barely room to walk in.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Wonderful breakfast!
3 night trip with friends Nov 17, 2015
"OK for the price. Nothing great."
The hotel's advantage is its location. Downsides are 1) "double" rooms have only one bed; two are an upgrade even if for only 2 people. 2) the keys are magnetic cards, but they refuse to give you more than one, and if you lose it you have to pay $50pesos for a new one. There is a café in the lobby that's never open, but you are not allowed to bring in and eat street food. The WIFI in rooms is really bad. The desk staff is plentiful, but unhelpful - we had two incidents requiring response, and did not get it for hours. One of our 2 rooms had NO trash can, and we called and asked in person at least twice a day but it was not delivered until we got a little nasty. But the beds were reasonably comfy, the rooms were clean, and the price and location were great.
Other trip Nov 26, 2015
helen
Bad clean Bad aire condicion Good food And Price
Other trip Nov 3, 2015
bob
"very friendly people"
The staff is very friendly and make you feel at home
6 night trip Oct 21, 2015
Jose
"Great!!"
The best thing about the hotel is the location. The hotel itself is going through renovation but the room was nice and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is incredible, highly recommended. The only negative would be the hotel "taxi". He charged triple what a regular city taxi would charge to the airport.
2 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
Marina
"Excellent hotel to stay for exploring Mexico City"
Convenient location, good breakfast. Excellent hotel for the price.
4 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2015
"Wonderful Hotel Experience in Mexico City"
I chose Hotel Fontan Reforma Mexico because of it location and price. Its location could not have been better, especially its proximity to the Metro, which, in Mexico City, is probably the best anywhere. My room in Fontan Reforma was really quite nice as were all physical aspects of the hotel. I think that would stood out, however, was the wonderful breakfast buffet that came with the price for the room and the friendliness of the staff. Both were just excellent.
4 night trip with friends Sep 2, 2015
"fair"
Noisy with remodeling. Bad paint odor.
3 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Andres
"On reforma but not as advertised on Expedia!"
It was very old and toilet smelled and tile floor had not been washed in a while dirty bed covers! They were using toxic varnishes to paint their lobby entrance and they were doing it in the middle of peak check in! Horrible smell I thought I was going to pass out! Room smelled of smoke even though it was to be no smoking!
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
"Not quite all I was expecting"
Room was not like the pictures and was kinda claustrophobic. Showers were not super clean. TV was ancient. They turn the AC when you are not there. Carpet was torn off. Good location though
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"poor conditions"
very bad hotel. poor quality.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2015
Tao
"Good luck!!"
Not very good customer service. I had a lot of trouble with the front desk finding my reservation and, for that we wasted a lot of time that could have spent exploring the city. I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Fredy O
"LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION"
excellent location, close to the subway and other tourist places my only complaint is the hotel doesn't have a machine for ice and you have to buy a glass of ice for 13 pesos.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Vojmir
"Excelent location"
The staff is very nice and The breakfast esa great!
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
monica
"Good experience"
There are many places to eat around here. -the observatory is in walking distance -oxxo (convenience store) is 1 block away -the taxi the hotel suggest is overpriced -the wifi SUCKS -the breakfast buffet is overpriced, next store they have awesome food for cheap
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
"Nice hotel perfect location and good breakfast"
No problem with check in, good breakfast, very good location near to hidalgo subway station
Other trip May 23, 2015
Victor
"Value"
Very nice accommodations for the price. Close to area attractions.
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
rick
"close to palacio de bellas artes and Zocalo"
Inside the hotel and the room is neglected, the inside is very poor
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!"
This hotel was the worst experience I've ever had in my entire life. It's a non smoking floor and clearly someone was smoking in the room for us to smell. So we called the front desk to warn them and they said they will send someone up there to check for us. And of course no one ever showed up. Also, around 8pm at night, we asked for an additional roll of Toilet paper and they said we don't have any until the next morning! So we had to walk to a store to purchase one!!! Lastly, the room was totally disgusting!!!!! They have dirty beds and sheets that we had bug bites every night. We bought sprays, creams, you name it. We got it from the pharmacy but nothing helped!!!!!!! It was a nightmare staying at this hotel and Defintely never recommending this place!!! Bad service. Rude customer service. We stayed 11 nights there. And it was the worst experience ever in life!!!!!!!
11 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Sonya
"Excellent Service & staff"
Everything was good ;) personal, food, Service, location, Price etc.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Arcelia
The hotel is four starts but it seems three starts because is to old, the rooms need a remodelation
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Alejandra
"Great Find"
Especially well located near the historic district and still quiet! Exceptional breakfast buffet included in the price (be sure it is); pleasant redo of the rooms include paint, new curtains, a/c and heater unit, comfortable beds, okay linens and towels. Probably the best value I've seen in a hotel in years. I=
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Suzi
Excellent staff. Wonderful breakfast. I didn't expect that I was able to stay at this kind of decent hotel. It was a great hotel for my six days stay in Mexico City.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Best place to stay Mexico City"
3star room, great place, clean,location perfect, price was very great from hotels.com $35 per night, the restaurant on 10th floor was okay. It was my first timein Mexico City, and i will stay here again.
5 night trip Dec 3, 2014
"Terrible noisy at night"
This hotel is for students groups during a spring break but no for business
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Franco
Terrible for the waittress in the reception. She can not find thenreservation. She used almost one hour to finish the checkin .
"The Most Horrible Unsanitary Conditions"
It is by far one of the worst experiences I've had in years, the rom was just hideous, and it smelled dirty, the towels smelled as if the had been washed with no detergent of any kind, the hot water took nearly 20 minutes to come out. it is just a sad place to be' I would not recommend it to anyone
Other trip Nov 15, 2014
sal
"Not a good place to Stay"
The only thing good is the location, after that is not a good experience. Bad attituted of staff, there is no interest in making the guest fill at home.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Hosffman
"Stay not good; good location"
Hotel is in bad condition and needs renovation; room carpet was old and and in bad shape. Halls are dark and rooms don't look clean enough.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Manny
"Over all Nice stay"
Over all Nice stay, I cant say I had anything to complain about. The gym could have been better but over all OK. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Ray
"Terrible stay, since minute 1."
1st, I had to park for a couple of minutes right in front the hotel (while I was geeting my parking permit from the front desk), nobody told me I wasn´t allowed to leave the car overthere), there is no clear sign and being my 1st time in the big city, I had 3 police guys all over me for around 20min I was just trying to explain I didnt knew´the bicycle rules and that I learned my lesson, i was asking just for a warning leave, while they kept telling me they didn´t care and there was nothing they could do that my car, i was going to pay around $200 and my car was going to be towed to the depo... and not getting it back till Monday (this happened Sat), long story short I (very ashamed to admit) gave them 200pesos for the refreshments...all for the lack of attention of the concierge to give advise regarding parking. 2nd, Finally at the front desk the hotel didnt hold my reservation and made me pay 220 pesos per extra person, which i did only for one person, they told me the Expedia price was too cheap it couldn´t be right that i needed to pay additional 220pesos for the missing guest and additional 340pesos to match their published price (on a board at the hotel). 3rd, i would have agreed to pay the whole charge if the room was fine, but it was feet smelly, internet never worked, very old 19" tv, dirty sheets, shower spilled water everywhere...
omar z
The hotel looks very much nicer and cleaner on the Expedia pictures. I was very disappointed that it didn't have a swimming pool.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Is a good location but.."
The location, breakfast and wifi is good but the staff don't speak english and the 2 ladies in the front desk are unfriendly they said NO to everything but don't give u a solution, i paid extra $600mx cuze we were 2 and they charge per person per night I woke up with fleas bites all over my legs. Is a good hotel but there is too many hotels around with better service.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
angie
"they did not honor my reservation as it was made"
The hotel receptionist did not provided a room as reserved and provided a room way cheaper than what was reserved. Recetionoist very unpolite. Very bad time.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
Frankye
"BEST HOTEL VALUE IN MEXICO CITY"
Hotel Fontan is the best hotel value in Mexico City. The location is perfect to use public transportation ( buses and metro). The staff is always very helpful. The restaurant is excellent and the breakfast buffet cannot be better. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
"Great location and convenient"
The Fontan has a great location to set up base camp when traveling to Mexico City. The staff is courteous, but a little stressed and undertrained. The check-in process is slow and could be improved with some pre-planning, but this is something that hasn't changed in the past 2-3 years that I've stayed at this hotel and don't expect it to change in the near future. The rooms are clean and have A/C. The beds are hard, but after a long day of pounding the pavement around town, you don't really notice or care. Remotes for the TV are kept at the front desk so make sure to ask for it upon arrival or you'll be making another trip back down to the lobby. However, you can't beat the location with access to transportation as soon as you walk out the front door.
2 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Terrible Customer Service"
I called the hotel at least 10 times to confirm my reservations, each time I called I got hung up on, only once did they transferred me to the front desk only to be told that they couldn't find my reservation, when I told them I had made the reservation online they transferred me to someone else only to have that person hang up on me.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Great Breakfast & location,but very bad impression"
My first room had a very dirty carpet and bad smell. We told the staffs we were leaving the next day. However, My husband liked the renovated cafeteria and good breakfast food and decided to stay and ask for a better room. They got us a better room that was clean and recently renovated. We saved money on breakfast and parking and were comfortable in the new room. If you come to this hotel make sure they don't give you a dirty and smelly room. They have better rooms. They should not give those rooms in the last floor to a normal clean person. These rooms should be for homeless or very dirty people. The staff was corteous and polite. However, got a very bad impression when I was told to wait for my expedia payment to be confirmed while the young lady on the desk was on the phone the whole time speaking with her friends smiling and laughing, that does not look professional. I got very mad about that.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
ade
"Good hotel in downtown city"
I was for two nights.Comfortable rooms and good location. Ideal for short stay in DF
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Luis Fermando
"The facilities are terrible!!!"
Do not trust in the pictures of the website. The facilities and condition of the hotel are negatives! The personnel are very nice but it is not enough.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Close to downtown"
The hotel was what was expected of a budget hotel. The rooms were clean although the fixtures and carpeting old and worn. The staff was not friendly did the minimum. When leaving one day for business with a large bag we were almost accosted by the staff demanding paperwork to be able to leave the property although we explained we still had several days still prepaid.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Not a very nice hotel"
I was not very impressed with this hotel. I booked a king and got two singles, the carpet in the hall way was torn and the door to the room didn't open the whole way. Luckily I only stayed one night at this hotel.
Other trip Dec 4, 2013
Pedro
Rooms are very chip furniture to They ofer wi fi in every room And is no true Wi fi is avalaible only in the Restaurant and the service is very Poor
Other trip Dec 3, 2013