All hotels in Avenel, New Jersey, United States of America
874 Route 1 North, Avenel, NJ, 07001, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Ok hotel"
my first holiday inn express which was not upto the quality i have seen in past. Faucet was broken. towels were stinking. we came late and didn't have energy to change rooms with all our stuff,
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Anil
"hidden information.."
It was ok. Hotels.com did not mentioned us that there was construction going on at the hotel. They did not have the pool open and that is something we were looking forward for. Not worth for the price and The hotels.com should provide that kind of information. The wi-fi in the hotel is not good at all. could not connect properly and even if connected not more than two devices.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
"Need headphones to get some peace!"
Unfortunately this Hotel is undergoing massive reconstruction. The banging, construction workers constant presence did not leave room for any relaxation. This hotel should not be listed on Hotels.com for they should not be taking guests during this remodeling phase. I was on a business trip with late meetings so my relaxing time is throughout the day. This was not achievable because of the construction and I had to put on headphones just to relax! Staff pleasant, room clean, locale convenient but in its present condition, don't visit till remodeling is over.
4 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
MARIA
"Nice view of gentleman's club"
On the web site it stated that cots were available upon request. I called early that day to make sure a cot was available for us, but was told that they don't have cots because in New Jersey, it's against the law to put a cot in the room because it's considered a fire hazard. Had I known this I would not have booked this room, it didn't even have a couch that one of us could have slept on. When we first pulled up we weren't very pleased to see a gentleman's club & an adult store right across the road, especially since we had my wife's grandson with us. So we go inside to check in & see a sign that the pool & spa were closed. At this point we were just thinking let's just get in our room & get some sleep. The room was just okay, but at least it seemed to be clean, however out room was facing the road which usually isn't a big deal, however the road is extremely busy & the hotel only sits about 20 feet off the road. It was extremely noisy. When we woke the next morning, we figured we'd get our showers, go down for the continental breakfast & get on with our day. We went down for breakfast only to be disappointed once again. The bagels looked dry, the eggs looked horrible & the bananas were black, so we checked out & went to Perkins for breakfast. The only positive thing I can say is that the staff was friendly. I know it's just a Holiday Inn Express, but I really expected higher standards from a Holiday Inn. I should have spent a little more money & stayed at Homewood Suites.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Thank you taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Long Branch. We have reviewed your concerns with management, and we would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns. Unfortunately, we do not know which website you booked your room through, but on our website and all websites we looked into, it does not state that we offer cots. If you would like, please let management know where you found this misinformation, and we will have it removed immediately. We also have it noted on our website and on signs throughout the entire hotel that the pool/spa is closed and that the property being under renovations. We apologize for this inconvenience. In regards to our breakfast options, we order bagels fresh every morning, and the other options are up to brand standards, but we have addressed your concerns with the kitchen staff. Thank you again for your review, and we hope you consider staying with us again soon.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Julian
"Met my expectations"
Hotel room was clean and comfortable. Only complaint was thermostat was not able to be adjusted and room was a little too warm for my comfort.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"It was a great stay."
We were on a road trip, and this hotel was a perfect remedy for tired drivers. We were refreshed and ready to move on.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Kristofer
"Excellent.."
Had a great experience at this hotel.. Definitely will come back..
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"1 night business stay"
I stayed on the side of the hotel facing the highway and traffic noise was pretty loud. Otherwise, friendly staff and a good stay.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Not my favorite hotel stay"
I didn't sleep well. Housekeeping came to my room at 7am both mornings. The tub was clogged.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"Convenient"
Great stay, 5 minute drive to train station, will stay again.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Pool out of order"
We have been here before and like this place, however, this time around the pool was out of order and I was told this was posted on their site but I did not see it. Other than that, it was good as usual. Breakfast was good as usual.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"N J Snow Week"
N J had 10 inch of snow the week I was at this hotel. The hotel keep the parking lot and all walkways clear. The staff keep the coffee hot all day every day. Great hotel, but you need to be a good driver to enter and exit the property as it is trickle
6 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Dennis
"Great overnight stay"
Great place to stay. Went to visit family and booked this last minute. Great choice.
1 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Good stay"
We had a good stay. Free parking. Nice breakfast. Comfortable bed
1 night trip Jan 18, 2015
"relaxing stay"
Hotel location. Pleasant front desk staff.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
ildefonso
Very nice for NYC trip. With Metro in 30min to center.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Dear Traveler, Thank you for the compliment and acknowledging the closeness of NYC. Debbie C Sales Manager
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Urs
"Convienient"
Small issue with smoke alarm, night manager kept open spare room in case problem persisted
Response by Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Dear Mr. Abernethy, Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Woodbridge, NJ and for the 5 star rating. We appreciate you bringing the smoke alarm issue to our attention so that we can immediately take proper action. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you soon! Debbie C. Sales Manager
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Cool hotel, especially if you like the malls & NYC"
It was a pleasant experience. Nice & Clean !
5 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Nice hotel great staff"
My stay was very nice and I appreciate the staff very much.
5 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Christa Jackson
Quick stay, clean safe way to find would stay again
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
nicole k
My only complaint was the air conditioning it appeared to shut down after one AM when you need the air conditioning the most.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Star
You don't want a room on the front of the hotel on route 1. The first night I was there could hear the traffic all night. Had to move rooms to the backside of the hotel. Turn the air down early to get your room cold it changes by itself back in the middle of the night. The breakfast is ok for a quick bite.
4 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
I loved, everything was excellent, service excellent, the breakfast staff was excellent too, thanks!!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Glad it was only one night"
We did not get a good night's sleep in our room because the air conditioner was incredibly loud. It was hot, so we had no choice but to run it, and it woke us up every time it clattered and banged on all night long. Fortunately, we were only there one night.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great business stay"
Good Location, friendly staff, clean and quiet
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
Keena
"Clean"
Nice place. Rooms are clean. Had an issue with the A/C in the room. It would automatically raise the temperature while I was sleeping. I.e. I set the temp at 68 degrees and I woke up at 3am sweating. The breakfast was below average.
2 night business trip May 21, 2014
"Close to Woodbridge Center Drive."
Clean and modern. Close to where I needed to be. Quiet and the breakfast was good,
Other trip May 26, 2014
Great that's all I can say
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
"Nice hotel but close to the busy road."
well behaved and nice staff. always willing to help.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Dear Pradeep, Thank you for the compliments. We greatly appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write such a great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit with us again soon.Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Woodbrige NJ.Kindest Regards,Debbie C.Sales Manager
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Pradeep
"good place to stay."
everything was clean. stayed overnight just to get away.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Dear Vacationer from NJ, Thank you for the compliments. We greatly appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write such a great review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope you visit with us again soon. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Woodbrige NJ. Kindest Regards, Debbie C. Sales Manager
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
vacationer
"Nice hotel in a bad part of the state"
The hotel was great but the area is what people outside NJ think of when they picture NJ. Highway, lots of traffic and adjacent to some sort of refinery or chemical plant. If you have to be in this area, the hotel was great but I'll drive a little further next time.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2014
Overall good
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2013
Jim M
"GETTING THERE….."
GET THE GPS COORDINATES RIGHT!!!!!
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
No Name
Great value compared to much more expensive hotels
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
"Clean hotel and rooms. Staff very helpful"
Everything from rooms, breakfast, staff was great. There is a lot of "road noise" on rooms located on side of hotel towards main road.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Anthony
What happened to shelves I. Bathrooms?
3 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
"the breakfast buffet was excellent"
the room was very nice and I appreciated the refrigerator and microwave.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Lil
Very comfortable for my purposes
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
"pool closed"
Hours of operation for the pool are not conducive for this to be a destination vacation hotel. The pool hours need to be extended so that the pool can be used during the daytime and thru the evening. 4 hours a day-in the evening is not acceptable when there is really nothing else to do nearby. Our room was excellent and breakfast was good.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Nice service!!!'"
I hardly recommend it My kids loved the pool
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
"great location for our intended purpose."
Our stay was great. My only concern was a nearby family who allowed their children to run the hallway late into the night.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2013
beds are too hard
1 night trip Jun 25, 2013
Ann G
"Nice Quiet Getaway"
My stay was excellent. However, having a handicapped shower took away from the idea of a Romantic Getaway. The hotel is a little isolated. However, the seafood restaurant next door is excellent and so was the friendliness of the hotel staff. They were friendly, pleasant and accommodating.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2013
arty29
Stayed her prior to a day in NYC. Very nice hotel. Front desk clerk at check-in was great. Very clean and up to date. A little pricey but what can you expect?
1 night family trip May 25, 2013
"good value"
overall the stay was good. The check in proceedure and room accomodations were great. I thought the breakfast hrs. ending at 9:30 were a little short and they didn't replenish the food regularly. They shut the doors and lights at 9:30 sharp which made everone feel we were trapped inside.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
Tony
Nice hotel, breakfast food not so good as far as the cooked food
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Lacremee
"Get Away Evening"
We had a very pleassant overnight visit. The complimentary breakfast was great.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"Hotel was fine, area not so much"
I arrived and was trying to get a meal with no car of my own. There were no takeout menus in the room, and the guy at the desk didn't have much to go by either. Next day, called a cab to leave and was verbally assaulted by the driver regarding my lack of interest in his religion.Like I said, hotel was fine, but the surroundings, not so much...
1 night trip Apr 23, 2013
I enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I was in the area to visit family and this hotel was reasonably priced and met my needs. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was good. Access to the hotel was a little tricky, but manageable.
2 night trip Feb 1, 2013
"Very Cozy Stay!"
I love this place, I stay here all the time. Indoor pool and sauna, breakfast, clean and even goody bags!!! Convenient to NJ Turnpike and GSParkway, malls, shopping! It's the only place I enjoy laying my head when in town...very nice hotel!!!!!
1 night trip Jan 11, 2013