All hotels in Avenel, New Jersey, United States of America
874 Route 1 North, Avenel, NJ, 07001, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

Very helpful and accommodating
6 night business trip Dec 2, 2012
Location, staff, and cleanliness of facility continue to be why we book at the Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge.
5 night business trip Nov 25, 2012
Hotel staff has been very good to work with.
12 night business trip Nov 9, 2012
We booked one of their suites and it was great. Roomy, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was decent. Our only complaint was with the pool. Small and only 3 feet deep---at the deep end! Other than that, we had a nice stay and would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2012
"Business Trip"
The hotel is OK. Clean,and decent location. I got a room on the street side (US rt 1) and the road noise is quite a lot. if you are used to sleeping in quiet surroundings or are a light sleeper, these rooms are not comfortable. I wont stay in this hotel on my next business trip.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2012
Av
"Convenient...."
Nice, adequate hotel. Breakfast was a carbohydrate load..... but adequate for price of hotel stay. Excercise room was small but good. The only complaint was a stale odor in the room, and one night it smelled like cigarette smoke, even though a non smoking room. But, overall, a good stay.
3 night business trip Oct 8, 2012
Maryellen
I loved this hotel. The lay-out of the lobby and stairway to the second floor felt like I was staying in someone's home. Beautifully and imaginatively done. Also, the breakfast is over-the-top good. Everything anyone could hope for. Hope to return one day.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2012
Peg
"Great!!"
I really loved this hotel!! It was clean the staff was helpful.. Just an all around great place to be
Business trip Oct 1, 2012
"Near the funeral parlor where we needed to be"
Pleasant hotel, although we only spent a few hours there.
1 night trip Sep 11, 2012
"Very loud A/C unit & soaking wet floor"
We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past because it is very close to family that we visit. We stayed 2 nights and then returned a few days later after a trip down the shore. This trip was a bit disappointing... First room had a VERY LOUD air conditioner that kicked on every 3 minutes. I had to where ear plugs to sleep. The next room had an awful odor when we entered and 1/2 of the floor was soaking wet from an apparent A/C unit malfunction. They did accommodate us with a replacement room, though. However, surprised that they did not offer an upgrade for the inconvenience. Very brown bananas one day, no bananas the next, and no hot water for tea on another.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2012
New Jersey vacation
"Comfortable, good service"
Great service, nice buffet breakfast, comfortable room, great showerhead-felt like standing in the rain (which I like). The ad said "do laps in the pool", but of course it was a very small pool, okay for a quick dip but not long enough for laps. Overall a very pleasant experience.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2012

"Pretty Decent"
The pool was a glorified bathtub. It was smaller than my room and 3ft all throughout. Other than that it's a nice hotel.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Nick
"Friendly staff made the difference"
The area this hotel is located in is not very salubrious. It is on a busy main road with used car sales lots and some run down buildings. But this hotel is a little oasis. Plenty of parking and comfy and well kept rooms, with a spacious and comfortable breakfast room. But best of all are the staff. Very helpful and friendly. Must have been a special day because they gave me a baggie of goodies when I arrived. That made me smile.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Jabes
"Sound hotel, but need to have a car"
Very poor location without a car. A fine hotel, and reasonable breakfast. All day coffee/tea. Pool is ok but hot tub is not very hot and no bubbles.
4 night trip Feb 28, 2013
Samantha
"Nice place to stay"
Very great !!
2 night family trip Aug 13, 2012
Andre

"Ottimo Hotel per andare a NY City"
Ottima posizione e ottimo Hotel ad un prezzo decente per andare a visitare la City. Avevamo ad un paio di miglia il treno che portava direttamente a NY e quindi e' stato semplice e Veloce. il bilgietto di andata e ritorno dalla City era di 10 USD andata e 10 USD ritorno. Hotel in generale molto bello come tutti gli Express della IHG, unico problema il condizionatore della camera perdeva acqua quindi avevamo la moquette della camera nelle vicinanze del condizionatore Bagnato. Ma credo sia stato un problema del momento, nulla di ricorrente. Andateci ne vale la pena.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Luca Bonente
IT
"liegt am Highway, gute Anbindung"
Zur Begrüßung gab es ein kleines Präsent. In der Umgebung sind genug Restaurants. Zimmer sauber , groß, absolut zu empfehlen. Wir waren nur eine Nacht da.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
DE
"bien pour une étape"
belle grande chambr confortable et propree, dej très bien, hôtel un peu vieillissant au milieu de nul part si ce n'est de la route très bruyante
1 night trip May 7, 2013
pat
FR
"Very nice HOtel in with a good location in Woodbri"
If you wanna stay in Edison than this is a perfect location. Close to TexMex and Woodbridge One negative thing is, that it is located directly at Route 1, which means try to get a room located to the backyard But in total a very nice hotel
Other trip Oct 28, 2012
DE
価格以外は、全て満足です。現地のクーポンブックとの価格とあまりにもかけ離れていて、ショックです。近くの同等のホテルでもここまで高くありません。
2 night trip Oct 17, 2012
JP
Excellent Le service du desk a été impécable Info pertinente Aucune mauvaise surprise
3 night family trip Aug 19, 2012
1 night trip Oct 26, 2012
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2012
Romance trip Oct 8, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge

"Convenient to family, under renovation."
07/24/15 Robert L Kansas City, Missouri
The air conditioner leaked on our room carpet and stayed wet the entire time we were there. The room is older but clean. The breakfast was large and filling. The bed was comfortable. While the area doesn't seem safe, we had no problems. The staff were very helpful. We would return.
"Perfect for the night - great staff!"
06/21/15 Suzanne W Villa Rica, Georgia
My husband and I stopped at this Holiday Inn on a recent trip down the east coast as night was coming on and we needed to stop driving for the day. Being a member of the Priority Club I always try to look out for a Holiday Inn as they are generally good places to stay. We weren't disappointed here. Checked in easily and walked just next door to Macaroni Grill for dinner. The room was spacious and comfortable. Loved all the pillow choices and the mattress was very restful. Everything was clean and orderly. The next day we left early and I inadvertently left my laptop in the room. I discovered this a little later and called back to see if it had been found. It had and the manager was extremely nice and helpful. I arranged to have it shipped back home and she personally took it to FedEx and had it packaged for electronics. Above and beyond. I will always remember this place for their kindness and a good place to crash overnight!
"No cars, no people."
06/03/15 Kenny M Baltimore, Maryland
Stayed there last weekend with our softball team had a contract since February. Arrived to find the hote under renovation, pool closed, workers banging at 730 in the morning. Someone could have told us they were rehabbing. 16 teenage girls, no pool, early morning construction. Even without construction, this hotel is so close (20 yards maybe) to the highway all the rooms facing the front are extremely loud, front desk even said "yeah we know, guests complain all the time". Wow! That said, the staff was very good and the place was clean and breakfast was good. Fitness center is jokes equipment is OUTDATED and doesn't work good, no A/C either. One tired treadmill, one old elliptical, one other thing, not sure what it was. The topper with a bunch of teenage girls was the adult "store/video" store across the street. Convenient to the highway and Garden State Pkwy. Lots of restaurants close by as well as the he Amtrak to NY City.
"Only a Few Cars in the Parking Lot Tipped Me Off to ..."
05/12/15 Celt001 Kearneysville, West Virginia
We were traveling to NYC for a combination Birthday and Mother's Day Celebration and stopped here late on a Friday night for a few hours sleep enroute. I should have trusted my instincts and common sense when I saw only a few cars in the parking lot at 9:00 PM. We did not get much sleep: traffic noise and air conditioner vibration kept us awake. Lack of enough electrical outlets was compensated for by having power strips and three way outlets to handle the lamps, tv, clock etc. One of the nightstand lamps had a broken on-off switch and did not work. We will not stay there again>
"Clean, Convenient and Comfortable"
04/30/15 shipmad Sarasota, Florida
PROS--This may be the cleanest mid priced hotel at which I have ever stayed. Beds were especially comfortable with more pillows than I could use. The room overall was very large and inviting. Staff was pretty friendly and helpful, particularly the weekday overnight man. CONS--By today's standards, the included breakfast was only average. Variety was good, but it was only put out once--items were not replenished. The traffic flow around the buffet was awkward--a lot of bumping into one another. Had to call one day to get the room cleaned...housekeeping had completely bypassed it. Had to ask for more soaps to replace the tiny ones provided. Wi-fi went down at the most inconvenient time....when it was time to access and print out airplane boarding passes for the next day. NOTES: Amazingly, the entire interior of this hotel is slated for total renovation, and it was just beginning on the top floor during our stay. It hardly needed it, from what I could see.
"OK Overall - but with minor issues"
04/21/15 Monophoto Saratoga Springs, NY
Wife and I typically choose Holiday Inn Express when traveling - it provides everything we need including a decent breakfast, and is reasonably priced. We don't need elegance - functional is sufficient. The Woodbridge hotel was almost exactly halfway between home and our destination, so it made sense for us to stay there. The GPS got us to the hotel with no drama. Check in was quick and easy - and the very pleasant desk clerk made the process enjoyable. The room was clean and more than sufficient for our needs. Breakfast was satisfactory. There are a number of restaurants south of the hotel, but getting to them would be a hassle (see below). There was one restaurant within walking distance that proved to be OK. But there were a few issues. The Wifi didn't work. There was a distinct odor of smoke throughout the hotel, even on the floor that was supposedly no-smoking. At breakfast, there were two toasters and a waffle maker - none of them worked. Getting out of the hotel and on our way the next morning was a challenge - but primarily of our own making. The hotel is on the northbound side of a busy stretch of US1, with 'jersey barricades' separating the two lanes. We had to go south, and eventually we found that we had to detour off into a residential neighborhood in order to find our way back to an intersection that would allow us to make the left turn to head south. But that intersection was so close to the next turn programmed by the GPS that we missed the turn and had to wander around a bit to eventually get to the Parkway.
"Roadside Hotel"
04/06/15 leblanc0155 Montreal, Canada
OK, the beds were clean and comfy. The noise was minimal considering being on a large street. The pool was nice and warm, hot tub was hot and was a tub, no bubbles? The overall pool area was weird and humid, water droplets all over the ceiling. The staff was nice and courteous. The breakfast was one of the worse I've seen in HIExpress. We only ate yogurt and toasts... Overall: the best price for the area, its OK, not the best.
"Clean, pleasant room"
02/18/15 Tish C Cape May, New Jersey
My husband and I stayed just one night. Alina at the front desk was very helpful with giving directions to the easiest way into the city. We found the room to be very clean and pleasant (after watching Hotel Impossible episodes, we know what to look for!). The breakfast buffet was well maintained and had a nice variety of items. Guest access to wifi was easy with a phone call to the front desk. (We did not use the pool).
"Good location, property well kept"
01/11/15 Joseph G Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Made a reservation while driving south . We were looking for a modest priced place for some sleep, breakfast and back on the road. My IHG membership was recognized and I was upgraded to a small suite with a adequate seating area. Bed and bath were clean and up to date. Room faced route US 1, which could be an issue if you are thinking of sleeping in. Breakfast was one of the best I hav,e had at a HIE. The place was a great value.
"Hotel has gone down hill since change of management "
01/05/15 JustJoe16
My fiancée and I have stayed at this hotel 6 times now and the first few times we really enjoyed our stay with no issues at all. However we stayed at the hotel last August and that's when we noticed the hotel going down hill. The first room we entered didn't have working air conditioning, so we were then switched to another room which had a broken lock on the door. After 45 mins of waiting to get checked into the new room the lock was finally fixed. However the staff at the front desk seemed annoyed anytime we would call for towels and made a big deal about it being an inconvenience. We brought up our concerns to the new manager Heidi and because we had another stay planned for Christmas/New Years week (9 nights) we were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. We figured why not, right? Well our stay still wasn't as pleasant as I would of liked. Before I go into the bad I do want to say the women Emily at the front desk was very friendly and had no problem helping us out with any of our needs and never seemed to mind giving us extra towels, wash clothes, toilet paper etc. Unfortunately that was the only good to come of this stay. First I'll start with house keeping and how lazy they were. Despite saying we wanted service they skipped our room one of the days! We had to call downstairs to the front desk and basically beg that house keeping come clean the room. This wouldn't be the only incident with housekeeping as in the 9 day stay NOT once did housekeeping clean any of the dust that built up in the rooms near both of the tv's or the glass table by the arm chair. It was so bad that the last few days my fiancée and I both got sore throats. I'm allergic to dust mites so this was just a horrible experience for me. Besides the dust and housekeeping being the laziest it's ever been (seriously they need to be retrained) because even the day my fiancée and I went to the city and weren't in the room all day they did a poor job. The only reason we knew they came in was because the trash was taken out. We consistently had to call downstairs because housekeeping did a poor job on giving us enough towels. We each take two showers a day and we were constantly short towels. Don't even get me started on the toilet paper. In previous stays we have always gotten two rolls. This stay we were lucky if we could get one. The tissues were also never filled through the ENTIRE 9 day stay. If we had to blow our nose from the dust we had to use the one roll of toilet paper we were given. I also can't forget to mention how this hotel cut HBO from its cable package yet still advertises it! That's right FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!! The TV guides still list HBO but it's not available, at least not on either TV in our suite. In the pervious stays there was always HBO as my fiancée and I watched Game Of Thrones during our last stay. Lastly, the outlet in the room was burnt out and unusable so I couldn't charge my phone near the bed. It was clear that this stuff just gets over looked and not paid much attention to as this is suppose to be one of this hotels best rooms. My fiancée and I agreed it appears this suite didn't get booked often as it wasn't maintained very well. After spending $1312.00 we decided we won't be staying at this hotel again. Think about that, over $1300 and housekeeping couldn't be bothered to dust the room off. This hotel has lost regulars who spend around 2500-3000 a year to stay at this hotel (they can look at the records if they don't believe me) but we have already decided that because of its recent decline since the management change we will not be doing it again and have already decided to book our next trip at another hotel in the area. While the suite upgrade was a nice gesture, outside of a couch and an extra TV it was nothing special. The holiday inn express fell short of meeting our expectations with their recent budget cuts and in turn has now lost regular customers. My fiancée already has plans to call the 1800 number and notify them of our disappointment with this hotel.