All hotels in South Padre Island, Texas, United States of America
340 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX, 78597, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

The room we stayed in was a 3 bedroom ocean view. It was very clean and elegant. The only problem you are going to have right now is parking. You have to park very far because of construction. It is very expensive but you get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Jaime A
"family fun"
Great view. Good beach access. Room needs some sort of carpets on restroom and hallway. Door latch was hard to open and hard to close from inside. Forget about wifi it works at times and often says password is incorrect. Good pool cant wait until construction is done.also check your bill they wanted to charge me restaurant tab when we didn't even go there. Parking is far due to construction but do offer golf cart service.
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
It is a beautiful hotel. Wifi was not working
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
JoAnn
"Good and bad..."
The beds in our room were super short & we are not big people. They didn't fit on the bed frames. Weird. BUT, they were comfortable. The room door had an electronic key system that didn't work half the time because it had a big crack on the sensor. The coffee pot in our room was filthy & we couldn't use it. :( The pool was great! Part of it is heated & felt great. And the pool furniture was nice. They were doing construction during our stay & so we had to park pretty far away but they had golf cart shuttles to help out which was nice. The view from our room was beautiful. Overall, our stay wasn't bad but not great either. I did give the front desk girl feedback on things that we had issues with & she didn't apologize or seem concerned at all. Oh well. I liked S.P. :)
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Not what I expected."
No breakfast, parking was so far from hotel due to construction, when you shower, the whole restroom gets wet, and our bed was uncomfortable. But room was clean and updated nice.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Estevan
"Memorial Day vacation"
Had a wonderful time on the beach. Enjoyed the pool and the projector showing the NBA conference finals on the side of the hotel. Some of the concerns were with the construction of a new building on the premises and shook our building when they were drilling holes for the foundation. Also the A/C would work only some of the time. Hot nights.
3 night family trip May 25, 2015
Cayce
"awesome room"
I love my stay there the hotel personnel was great only drawback is that theyre doing construction at the hotel entrance and u have to walk from the parking lot to the hotel but the golf cars are there to gibe give you a ride
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
luis
"Amazing Hotel the best ;)"
It was Fabulous , amazing and great service !!!!
2 night family trip May 20, 2015
synia
"..."
There was construction while we were there, which meant having to walk through dirt and mud to get to the hotel. The parking lot was a 2-3 minute walk from the hotel so you had to drag your luggage through that mud and try to avoid the construction workers. The office was hard to find. Our room was okay... Everything appeared old, but clean. For a place that advertises its self as a resort, I don't see it. Will not be staying here next time.
2 night romance trip May 13, 2015
"A time away..."
A wonderful time! A great place and friendly staff!
4 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"Easy access to beach"
we had a wonderful time. the room was quite large. beach was beautiful.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"This was a very conveniently located hotel."
Next to the beach, within walking distance to the shuttle and the staff was very helpful. It is obvious this is an older hotel but we did not mind. We did have trouble with our room being kept in stock with clean towels and coffee. We would come back in the evenings to find our room nice and neat but with no clean towels or coffee for the morning. Also, the swim up bar was never open and the inside bar had very limited drinks. The door to our room had a deadbolt that was broken. We enjoyed our stay very much and would come back again.
Other trip May 14, 2015
Cold
We stayed in a really nice 3 bedroom suite . Loved the jets in the master room bath tub! The only thing i can complain about was the drinks werent strong for. The $ & the parking lot was a long walk to get to the hotel they do have a shuttle but u have to call front desk somtimes no one answers the phone .
Other trip May 11, 2015
lynn
"CONSTRUCTION NIGHMARE"
The hotel is on construction! The next building has workers all day talking, working and looking through the windows. The parking is a nightmare, the parking is under construction, you need to call the front desk to ask for a ride to the building. They don't have any signals, information or safety tags. We have to walked most of the time with packages and bags in the construction side, no lights, no safety, nobody answer to give us a ride to the building.The SAD part was the restaurant, they announced this healthy juices, but the restaurant is in front of the beach and next to the pool. In the door they warning you that you cannot go inside : WEAT, WITH SWIMMING DRESS, OR WIITH OUT SHOES. SERIOUSLY you are in the pool with all this conditions. There is a couple of tables outside but there is not a waiter to order. We have to visit an other nice hotel close by to get our meals. At the beach: they offer a nice umbrella with 2 beds for $20 a day, we take one the first day but was a mistake! They hotel guy ask for the payment in cash and at the time of the seat assigned and we did. After 1 hour he came back and ask me to pay again, it was no receipt to show him but he said I am no look familiar. Finally he recognized mi family and allow us to stay, and this time I ask for a receipt!!! However, the couple next to us was no paid for the umbrella and they are no stay at the hotel either.At the end no apologies or explanations.
3 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Great rooms & pool, restaurant & parking need work"
My wife and I brought our young daughter to the resort. We got a two bedroom suite, which was fantastic. There was a full kitchen, nice living room area, and two full bedrooms and bathrooms. Our room also had a great wrap-around deck and view of the beach. They are doing some construction, so parking was a hassle. My one complaint would be the restaurant. It didn't open until after 8:00 am, which is tough with a toddler and the food was average at best. Overall, a great place. We'd definitely go back.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
mike
"The Room"
The mattress is resting on a board that the corner sticks out and both of us bruised our legs with it. The kitchen was not sparkling clean. We only made coffee. Around the elevator it could be cleaner and of course the parking lot is under construction and that was one thing we were not alerted about.
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Esau
Need to return one day to enjoy the beautiful pool and beach....our weather was not so good.
2 night family trip Apr 20, 2015
"Beach N Biker Fest"
Very enjoyable trip
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Great view, beautiful hotel...we just loved it!, restaurant staff was the friendliest. ...
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
fabian
"Great location just needs a little work"
I loved the view and location. The room was not comfortable a/c was not working properly and door to enter room was very hard to open. Room had an over all weird smell to it.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Mandy
"Nice Place to Stay"
The hotel was nice. The pool and hot tub were great. The only draw back is that they play music outdoors all day, which would make it hard to sleep in, or to take a nap, as we could hear the music in our room. They also didn't have comforters on the beds, only blankets. Besides that, it was a great place to stay for the price.
3 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great spacious rooms."
For the most part, this was a great hotel. However, I was handicapped when I went there and had told this to the hotel before we arrived. The bus dropped us off on the street which was a long haul to the hotel. And then we find out when we get there, we could have had a golf cart pick us up, however, no one ever told us that beforehand. We rented a car the second day we were there and I have a handicap sticker, however, there was never any handicapped spots available our whole stay. Then when we went to leave with all our luggage(and me not being able to walk), there was no one available to take us to street with the golf cart....very frustrating!!! Other than that, great room and great poolside area. And delicious margaritas!!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Good location, a bite dated, no facilities"
The Hotel is not much of a hotel. It seems like Condos that have been converted. The front desk is not formal, just a converted room. The rooms are dated and while clean, show wear. They are VERY spacious and have lots of amenities: ie, Washer/Dryer, Dishwasher, Full size refrigerator. The pool is nice and big. I don't think there is a gym and the Spa is closed on weekends.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Great Accomodations"
Comfortable bed.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great place!"
We had an amazing time. The restaurant, Las Olas, has a great menu. The bar is good, too.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Not a place I would stay again."
Not a place I would recommend. If I was 20 and there for Spring Break, it would have been fine, but I have grown accustomed to better accomidations. We ended up arriving a day late due to airline delays and our room was still not ready. The first room we were in was a studio and the bathtub was rusting out, the front door looked like it had been broken down by the police (which wouldn't have been difficult due to the amount of rust on the door frames. When we complained, they moved us to a 2 bedroom/ 2 bath unit that was considerably better, but was showing a lot of wear. There were spots on the leather furniture that had worn through, the finish on the cabinets was peeling off and the paint was showing a lot of wear. As far as cleanliness, the tile on the floors originally had light grey grout that was now black from dirt (you could tell by looking in the closets) maid service came twice during the week we were there and mopped the floor and replaced towels, but didn't change the bedding. The guest laundry room also contained the ice maker and was absolutely discusting. The ice maker was rusting and leaking there was garbage and water all over the floor. On the up side, the bed was comfortable and the room did have a washer and dryer, dishwasher and full size refrigerator.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice hotel close to the beach. Can't park close to the rooms but we had a golf cart shuttle us from the parking lot to the room after dark.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Greeaaattt"
Impressed. We wanted to stay an extra night and we were accommodated. We were upgraded for free to a presidential suite.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Good Hotel with Great beach access."
Stayed here on vacation in Sept. of 2014. The room was adequate yet slightly dated, but for the price we got I can not complain. The staff was very friendly, though they seem to possibly be short of staff, so customer service may take a little longer than normal; but you are on a island so you can expect things to be a little slower anyway. The WiFi in our room was non-existent, might have been an issue if I was there on business..but I was not, so I didn't really care. The room was nice and clean and did not have an odor issue like so many of the other hotels on the island. The Beach access for this hotel is very good, only a short walk to the ocean.
6 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
"AWESOME"
We stayed from Friday to Sunday morning & oh my god, it was amazing. Yes it was freezing cold but the room was so comfortable. I booked a luxury suite & it was way more than we expected. The view from the balcony was beautiful, the room service was quick & everyone there is at your service which I loved (especially the gold cart rides they give you since you have to park pretty far) we wanted to get in the heated pool but I guess it was just too cold for it to warm up since we would ask like 3 times & they'll tell us it was ready every time but it's okay, I had so much fun & that suite was one of the best things that we've ever done. Totally recommend it & totally going to stay for another weekend soon.
2 night trip with friends Jan 9, 2015
Jonathan
Nice hotel for great price. We had a suite for the price we would have spent on a regular room. Too bad the weather did not cooperate!
1 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
"spi review"
very nice rm
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
GRACIE
"Great place to stay."
We stayed here for our honeymoon, and it was very nice. The room was lovely, and very clean, and we really enjoyed the jacuzzis and the view of the beach. We will definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Nathan
"Got Lucky at a great place."
Me and my wife needed a place to stay for one night in our way to the McAllen airport. Found this place for a great Price without realizing that the room we got was actually a 3-bedroom suite that accommodates 10-12 people easily. The master bedroom we used had a Jacuzzi tub which was perfect after a day of driving. This suite even has a Jacuzzi in the private balcony. It faces the main great looking pool. There is no service from the parking lot to the administration office, and the walk is a little long. But overall it is a great place to stay if you can get a great price like ours. We got lucky.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Luis
"Great vacation spot!"
My fiancé and I attended a wedding in which he was the best man. While we are originally from the area (Brownsville, TX) we were not familiar with the Peninsula Island Resort & Spa. The hotel service won me over immediately upon arrival! I have never experienced more accommodating customer service as I did at the Peninsula. The hotel management and staff ensured that our stay was comfortable and relaxing while enjoying the events leading up to and after the wedding. Definitely a place to come back to!
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, thank you very much for such a positive feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay 100%. A review like this, truly motivates our entire team to keep giving our best and improving our services. We hope you visit us again in the near future. Kind Regards.
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
The experience was very good, although the access to the building remains problematic and the “shuttle “ service is at best inconsistent. The room was clean, spacious, but a bit noisy because of its proximity to the elevator. We had a great breakfast in bed on Sunday, the service was quick and the food quite good . But on the Saturday the “restaurant” was totally unreachable. The swimming pool is fantastic and the access to the beach very practical.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Doume, thank you for taking the time to write to us. We appreciate your feedback. Your comments will help Peninsula to improve its services. We hope to see you again soon, Kind Regards.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Doume
"Birthday Bash"
I drove from Dallas after a horrible storm and the power being knocked out and almost cancelled my trip altogether. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly staff and was informed my room was upgraded at no charge! My three bedroom suite was to die for with a beautiful view of the ocean and the sunrise. I can't wait until my next stay at the resort! I would like to have had breakfast included with the stay but it was not a deal breaker.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, thank you very much for your positive feedback. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to visit us again. We work hard to improve our services every day and reviews such as yours truly motivate our team. Kind Regards.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
Ms Val
"Great hotel on the beach"
Had a great experience . Love the pool. Great resort feel. Awesome spa . The rooms were clean and spacious , with great bed.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Aroldo, thank you for taking the time to leave us a message. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. And really wish to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future. Kind Regards.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
aroldo
"Great location and pool; room okay"
Chose hotel from website; photos were decieving. Pool was awesome; room was ok, but not worth the $ / night we paid for. Wooden bridge to beach was great. Beach location was great. No parking close to the hotel; had to walk luggage quite a distance; gated, but gate code not given upon check-in; had to call for gate code.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Julie, thank you for writing to us. We apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay. We are currently working hard to improve most of our services. We hope you will give us a second chance in the near future to appreciate our changes. Kind Regards.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"very bad"
it was a really bad experience. the pictures on the sight are photoshopped reserved on room and got another. it was ver bad!
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Mari, we are sorry about your bad experiencie. We are currently working hard to improve all our services and publicity. Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We hope you will give us a second chance in the near future to appreciate our changes. Kind Regards.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
mari
The receptionist at check in was very helpful. Our complaint was with the bar and restaurant service. It was horrible. We waited over ten minutes to be acknowledged when there were no other customers there. My son ordered food. He said they did not repeat the order and then brought him the wrong food in a box. He was sitting there to dine in. They did not correct the order.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Jessica, We are very sorry that this happened during your stay. Thank you for your comment, we are going to be working hard to improve our services. We hope you give us a second chance in the future. Kind Regards.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
jessica
"Graduation Getaway"
We rented the presidential suite with 3 bedrooms and it was very nice. The staff was very helpful since we arrived a little over 8pm on our check in date.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Diana, thank you for your comment. We appreciate the positive review you are giving us. We will be glad to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards.
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014
We had a great time and we definitely be back. Grest room and great view of the ocean
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. In Peninsula Island Resort, we work very hard everyday to make you feel the best possible way. We will be excited to have you back in the near future. Thank you, Kind Regards.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Behind the scenes"
The restaurant's food is horrible. And when we checked in, the lady wasn't very nice. We didn't a packet of useful info like other guests received, like something with the hotel phone number, restaurant phone number and hours etc.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, We want to apologize for your unpleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to write about these issues so we can work harder in these areas. We strive to ensure our guests experience a perfect stay during their travel and we did not achieve it this time. We hope you will give us a second chance to see our improvements. Kind Regards, Peninsula Island Resort & Spa
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Very nice hotel!"
we loved it! all clean, nice people, very good experience!
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, We are pleased to know that you truly enjoyed your stay at Peninsula. Positive reviews such as yours, are a great motivation for our team to keep giving our best. We will be excited to see you back in the near future. Sincerely, Peninsula Island Resort & Spa
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Nice place."
Not terrible. Late check in and early check out but wonderful all around.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, Thank you for your comment, we are pleased to know you had a nice experience and hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Girls weekend"
Staff was awesome! Special shout-out to Wanda Estrada. Her smiling face made our stay awesome!!
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello Lori, We are happy to know that you had a great experience at Peninsula. Our staff works very hard everyday to provide and excellent service. We hope to see you back soon! Kind Regards, Peninsula Island Hotel & Spa
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Lori
"Nice hotel! Great pool!"
Heated pool was great! Jacuzzi also! Beach needed a little cleaning. Room was very clean and confortable! Nice kitchenette! Needed a little Work on details like door (not closing properly)
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are pleased to know you had a great experience at Peninsula. We are looking forward to see you again in the near future. Kind Regards, Peninsula Island Resort & Spa
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
AH
"No good"
The only thing about the hotel that was good was it was close to the beach,the bed was great, shower was good and it was clean. Every faucet there leaked, we had them come to the room 3 times to fix the stool, it ran non stop. My husband finally just shut it off until we needed to flush it. The bar/restaurant barely had anything that we asked for, seems like the spring breakers that had been there the previous week had exhausted all of their supplies. The pool was so cold, we never got in. The dish tv never worked, so we had 4 channel and two of them were Hispanic. The free wifi was rarely usable. I would not recommend this place. I tried to check out early to get a nicer place but was told because I had arranged through expedia, it wasn't an option.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are going to be working hard to improve these areas and solve these issues. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future to appreciate our improvements. We apologize for the inconveniences. Kind Regards, Peninsula Island Resort & Spa
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
"That's it!"
Reserved a 2 room suite. Was upgraded to the presidential suite. Wasn't worth the price I paid. Ac never really cooled. Maid service was extra. Dryer didn't work. Expected more got less.
Response by Peninsula Island Resort & Spa - All Suites
Dear guest, we apologize for the unpleasant experience. We tried to enhance your stay by giving you an upgrade and we are sorry it didn't fullfill your expectations. We are going to focus to improve our upgrading system. Thank you for your comment. Kind Regards.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014