All hotels in Berkeley, California, United States of America

• Value for money
    Great amenities
    Clean
    Comfortable
Very pleasant hotel. Would stay here again, good location.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Rodeway Stay"
The room and bath were clean, the furniture a little run down. Staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip May 17, 2015
PETER
"Rodeway Inn excellent for traveling musicians"
Pleasantly surprised by this motel. I had previously stayed exclusively at Hotel Durant in Berkeley at a significantly higher rate. As a traveling musician, courtyard parking & immediate access to my car was a real bonus. Motel was clean and extremely well managed.
1 night business trip May 9, 2015
Stephen
"Not bad for the price"
Clean and obviously upgraded in 2007. Bed was ok. Shower worked great and considering it's on a busy street and the door was not sealed tight, it was relatively quiet.
1 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Great budget stay accessible to San Francisco"
I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It says on a sign outside that it was renovated fully in 2007, but the room I had seemed like it had been repainted, bathroom rebuilt, and bed linen all brand new within the last year or two. It was a great option for me (business traveller, self-employed and therefore budget conscious, and spending his own money) for sensibly priced access to San Francisco. Rode BART into the city and back each day; the hotel is a block and a half from the North Berkeley BART stop, and then about 20 minute ride for $4.00 to the financial district. There is a reasonable collection of restaurants nearby; this is not bustling downtown Berkeley, but perfectly serviceable.
Other trip May 9, 2015
Simon
"what a find!"
We were looking for an inexpensive place and this fit the bill. The neighbor hood was very interesting and I enjoyed wandering around looking at the students and other people.
5 night family trip Apr 4, 2015
Close to UCB campus. The breakfast was decent. I would have given 5 starts if not for the watery OJ at breakfast; they had Starbucks coffee for free though (if you are not interested in providing good/actual juice, please remove it from menu altogether). The room was clean.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Goood spot"
Super clean
3 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"Charming Motel"
Cute motel, easy access, easy parking. Affordable for my business trip.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Renee
"Ok, good service, better than most places!"
It was ok, nothing spectacular, the shower needs to be cleaned on the bttm, but overall better than most places on University Ave. Also, breakfast could use more items!
1 night trip May 2, 2015
Alexander
"I was in a room which was rather dark."
It was alright; I just needed a quiet place to sleep and this served that purpose.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
"pleasant"
pleasant stay. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful
3 night business trip Apr 12, 2015
"Great-price clean nice hotel close to UC Berkeley"
This hotel was better than we expected: the room rate was great, it was close to UC Berkeley campus (20-25 minute walk), the room was very clean and comfortable for two people, and the people at the front desk were nice. Although we were a little worried about the location when we were arriving, once we drove into the parking area, we felt that it was well taken care of and safe.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
College Tour
"My stay at the hotel"
The first day I arrived they let me use the restroom before I finished registering myself witch I thought was a very nice gesture, each morning the breakfast was ready. Personally I can't walk very well and the gentlemen helped me carry my luggage to my room and he also showed me how to use the elevator so I wouldn't have to make use of the stairs, he also proved to me that chivalry is not forgotten
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
"Clean and basic hotel very close to UCB"
This hotel is very clean, quiet, and simple. There is a tv, free wifi, clean and comfortable bed, a small desk area and a microwave/fridge combo. There is no room service, but there is a continental breakfast that is cold cereal, fruit, and breakfast granola bars. I loved staying here. It was cheap, close to campus (about a 20 min walk to UCB) and safe. I highly recommend if you need a place to stay while checking out Berkeley. You're not coming for a view, or the amenities like a pool or bellhop service. You come to the Rodeway Inn because you need a safe and comfortable place to sleep, bathe, and refresh yourself before continuing on your trip.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
K
"Passable. Cheap."
Very simple place to stay. A bed, a shower, and wi-fi. Room was vaguely musty but clean.
3 night trip Mar 14, 2015
brady
"Nice place in an iffy neighborhood"
The facility is perfectly fine. The rooms are slightly better than an average motel as there is a refrigerator and microwave. It is further from UC Berkeley campus than we would have liked. The neighborhood is only ok.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
CRC
"Okay Hotel for the Price"
Outside is nice and well kept, the rooms are a little dated, the bed was too soft and a little uncomfortable for me. Parking was good and safe. Used this hotel for business.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
"Short stay for work"
Nicely done remodeled motel with attractive landscaping. Rooms are clean and look good. My relatively minor issue was the light shining through the blinds, which I could not block effectively, and there was a faint smell to the room.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"A vintage motel with a boutique hotel feel."
Near great eating spots and a cool non-Starbucky coffee shop. Close to Bart and not far from campus. We came in on Amtrak and Bart for a lecture and fell in love with this off-street motel with a hotel feeling. Clean with very accommodating staff and a fresh full Continental breakfast in the morning. Clean room and bathroom, very fresh linen and bead spread, new extra pillows, and an actual upscale mattress found in hotels that four times the rate. This is our new Berkeley home away from home. It is an older original motel with vintage furninshings that have been well taken care of. Unless you are a painting contractor nit-picking details, you won't find a thing wrong here. They are getting ready to remodel al floor coverings but still, this place is clean, fresh, and comfy! We loved it! Nice bathtub and top grade toiletries.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
kanakasue
"Good value in Berkeley"
Good value in Berkeley
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Dennis
"Business"
Working in area for a month so have to stay in hotels in Berkeley on Univercity ave. If your a light sleeper then this is not the place for you,the rooms where clean but the bed had a big sage in it. Lots of parking.
5 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Decent, but overrated"
A decent motel, but overrated. Perhaps a 3 or a bit over on the Hotel.com scale. Definitely not a 4. Dingy and stale-smelling. The hot water just got to warm, not hot.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"roach hotel"
there was hookers druggies and delivery trucks comiing in at all hours of the night don't let face value fool you real drive. when someone down the walk way closed door could hear it clearly and it would even shake the walls
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"stay elsewhere"
if you want to change to a different room they charge you alot of money and they will only do it if you have cash cost me over 70 more dollars in cash to change to a different room. first room was back in a corner with a view of a brick wall in a alley way this place was over rated
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Pretty good"
Staff was great. We forgot a personal item in the room and they held it for us until the next day. Room was clean for the most part, but the back of the bathroom door had some kind of darker splashes against it that didn't look good. Don't want to be gross but our imaginations did run a little. Walls are thin, so you can hear your neighbors and people walking by, but that's standard in a motel. Overall, good for what it was and where it was.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Convenience, Comfort, and Fair price"
We like this little place because it is so convenient to Berkeley at a fair price, neighborhood is fun - close to San Pablo shops etc. Not a five star hotel, but for the price it is comfortable - the breakfast is not at all something we care for but a marvelous little coffee bar is 1/2 block down the street where you walk up to the espresso bar and get fabulous pastries. We head out University and over the bridge to San Francisco easily from here so it is again, convenience that brings us back.
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Retha
"probably the cleanest little motel on University"
We are 4 adults and 2 little ones traveling together, so the room was quite cramped, but thats what we get for trying to stay altogether in one little room. The hotel room was impeccably clean and you can tell they take care to keep it as spotless as possible, but its more of a motel, like most places on this stretch of University Ave (and my parents are not into motels). Next to a yummy thai restaurant.
1 night family trip Feb 9, 2015
"great stay!"
I had a lovely night's sleep here- very quiet, rooms seemed well soundproofed, there was some traffic noise from outside but nothing exceptionally bad. Front desk guy was super sweet and the room was clean with a comfy bed. My room was very small but just fine for a single person. Parking seemed like it might fill up on busy nights but I didn't have any issues on a monday. Overall it was great, would definitely stay here again!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Meredith
"I give it 2.5 stars out of 5"
The CON's:There is no counter space in the bathroom, or anywhere else. There are no places to put your suitcases or clothes. No drawers, no flat space. NOISE! On our second night,an entire bus load of college aged tourists arrived and screamed, and laughed and slamed doors until 10:30 PM. They parked themselves on the steps in front of our door, and they just sat out there and smoked and drank beer. The second-hand smoke sucked in through our heater and permeated our entire room. We reported it to the manager, but I finally had to go out and confront them myself, which worked for a while, but they kept it up for four days (nights)....Unreal. No one should have to put up with second-hand smoke every night. I just wish the manager could have put his foot down.[They could at least have the signs to tell people there is no smoking within 20 feet of a door or window] Now for the PROS: The bed was the best hotel bed we could remember for awhile (including hotels that cost 2 to 3 X's more). That alone, counts for a whole lot. And PRO #2: it was hard to beat the cost. Very reasonable. I guess overall, it is an OK place to stay, and most likely there are not ususally bus loads of loud and obnoxious college kids. If the manager had some backbone and could have helped keep it quite, and smoke free, that would go a long way toward a better rating. My wife said she would stay here again, I won't!
6 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Bruce
"You get what you pay for.........................."
Pay a few bucks more and find an updated property. Room was spartan & rough, walls are thin, parking lot is noisy, free breakfast is meager. Not a great place for the business traveler. Had a crew of my welders staying at this property with me, they moved to the Quality Inn down the street because they couldn't get a good nights sleep. I checked out a day early, of course no refund. Won't be back.
3 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
Michael P
"Clean but very basic."
Simple but clean room. Shower only but when arrived discovered they do have rooms with bath that were not mentioned on hotel room page. Continental breakfast very basic. Strangely there had good coffee but did not supply caps for the cups (?).
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"All right hotel"
Great service. Left some thing in the room at check out called 4 hours later they had it saved honest hotel staff. Stayed at a few hotels in this area so far this was the best one.
2 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
mike
"Nice property, great location"
Close to BART, decent neighborhood, comfortable hotel. Will stay again.
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Great Value and Decent Amenities."
The stay was only for a few hours as I arrived late in the evening and had to leave early in the morning. Check in only took about 3 minutes and the hotel clerk was friendly. The room was small but decently clean and updated. The free Wifi had problems with major slowdowns at times but it is still better than the Wifi I have had at many other larger hotels. The bathroom was tiny but adequate. The shower nozzle hardly put out any water so it made showering a little tiresome. The toilet had a long bowl which is always a plus and the flush was strong enough. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone that doesn't want to pay for something expensive in the area. Great value.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Daisuke
"Convenient and clean"
I stayed here while visiting my son at Cal. The rooms are small, but nicely appointed, the staff was excellent and friendly, and the free wi-fi is a bonus. I will definitley stay here again.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Sara
"Close to bart"
Kind of pricey $130 a night
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Clean and Updated University Ave Motel"
For what it was, this was an excellent low price motel. Nothing fancy but the room was very nice, clean and I found the bed comfortable enough to oversleep.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"worked for us"
ok value for the price; my brother got his room for 10 dollars cheaper per night. breakfast strictly continental.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"A good night's sleep on University Ave."
Hotel is a good value in a convenient location. The staff was friendly, and the room was clean and comfortable. The parking lot filled up quickly, but everything else was great.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Pretty good hotel"
This hotel was pretty good. The room was very spacious and good. The breakfast was nice as well
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
sarith
"OK for the price"
Cleanliness of the room has dropped quite a bit since last year. Anything the maid could not reach had been left dirty for months. For example teh top 1/3 of the mirrors were filthy. The bedspread was dirty & smelly so we put it on the floor when sleeping. Breakfast was skimpier than last year. For example no yougart or fresh fruit (other than apples) as shown in pictures on the web site. Internet is very slow. Nice parking.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
"Decent enough hotel with friendly staff"
We needed a quick, late-night hotel after a day of travel and this fit the bill. The location is pretty great with access to UC and downtown Berkeley. It's not that easy to find, but has good parking and easy access to rooms (which is nice after a long day). The manager (owner?) was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was comfortable enough for the price and location. It had recently been renovated but it is what it is: a cheap but clean motel.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Ok, but would stay somewhere else next time"
We were in the bay area apartment hunting. We stayed here because it was close to the apartments we were visiting and it was affordable compared to other options.The staff wasn'very friendly, the bed covers had holes, and the rooms don't have an iron. I agree with other comments. The hotel gets the job done but I'm sure there are better options at that price range.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"Surprisingly quiet for a motel on University Ave."
The room was small, but clean. Friendly staff wanted to please. Don't expect to eat breakfast, and you won't be disappointed. Compared to more expensive options, I will stay here again.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Small, affordable lodging in the heart of Berkeley"
The staff were wonderful, very helpful. The neighborhood was a bit beaten down with treasures of shops and great restaurants to be found amid fantastic people watching walks. The one big drawback was noisiness at night mostly from other hotel guests and laundry room right next door. Luckily our adventure was focused on exploring Berkely on foot and for that this hotel was ideal. Close to Amtrak, Bart and the heart of Berkely. Plus the price was right. We'd stay again in a heartbeat.
2 night romance trip Dec 14, 2014
Sandra
"Perfect!"
The room and location were perfect. It was quaint but clean and I liked that I could see my car from my room. The Thai restaurant and Mexican taqueria across the street were tasty and there's a coffee stand that has a delicious variety of pastries. I would revisit again!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Comfortable and Convenient"
We had a nice comfortable stay when we decided to spend the night in Berkeley at the last minute. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Adequate parking in the courtyard. Rooms far enough from street to avoid noise and traffic. Decent breakfast the next morning. Would definitely go back.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Walter
"Berkely"
nice
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Alan
"Rodeway Inn Berkeley"
Very nice staff, clean room, room was quite, restaurants close by, close to BART, in AM coffee, cereal and toast offered in lobby.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014