All hotels in Independence, Missouri, United States of America
1212 W Lexington St, Independence, MO, 64050, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Restful Stay"
Quaint and quiet B & B. Polite helpful hostess Pam, who made a wonderful breakfast and accommodated my gluten free needs. After long conference days it was nice to come to a home.
2 night business trip May 28, 2015
"KC stop"
We wanted to be close to the ballpark in a b&b and this fit the bill. Pam was very accommodating and the location was very good. The property was dated as one would expect for such an old building and the room was comfortable. Breakfast was basic but good. If you like b&b' s this is a good place to stay. If you like modern upscale hotels stay somewhere else.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
g marshall
"Wonderful Stay"
My boyfriend and I stayed here one night on a weekend getaway to KC. Pam, the owner, was super friendly. She provided us with everything we needed. Our room was small, but cozy, and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was wonderful and it was fun to sit with all the other guests and chat. I would definitely stay here again. It's a nice change of pace from corporate hotel chains.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Kayla
"Romantic"
Excellent stay
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Oleg
"Wonderful and relaxing"
This was a first for us, trying something new and I'm glad we did! We stayed in the English suite and loved every minute. Pam and Judy are wonderful, they took great care of us, breakfast was delicious! Woodstock bed and breakfast is my number 1 choice for our next trip.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"love the square"
Great place to stay when in the kc metro.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2014
"Convenient to Truman sites"
The room was very small & cluttered. The bathroom was so small that there was no room for the sink which was in the already small bedroom. The window air conditioner was noisy & difficult to regulate. We were either hot or cold. At $148 per night, it was definitely over priced. The breakfast of a couple of pieces of fruit, biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs & potato cakes was mediocre.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Cady
"Restful night"
Woodstock Inn was a delightful experience. A short walk to downtown for dining and a stroll through a lovely historic district. Highly recommend.
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
Cathy
"Great get away!"
This was a great weekend getaway from the business of life. Pam is a lovely woman who makes great treats fror breakfast - a perfect start to a relaxing day. It's within walking distance from "the square" which has a small town, homey feel. My wife and I had a great time and really enjoyed the privacy of our room and all its accommodations! We highly recommend this place!
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
AJ
Lovely bed and breakfast, typical of the style. Interesting people, decoration and breakfast was wonderful.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
Scott Campbell
"Pros and Cons"
My husband and I stayed here for one night before a Chiefs game. It's only a few miles from the stadium and not too hard to find. The house and decor are beautiful! Everything was very clean. The bedroom was very comfortable although it had almost no space for luggage. The shower wasn't much bigger than one on a cruise ship, not what comes to mind for a luxurious getaway. One other guest said their bed broke twice. We really enjoyed the place itself but will not go back because the service was disappointing. The "entertainment" that night included two different friends of the manager giving sales pitches for products they sold individually. We had good conversation too, but it was very inappropriate and unwelcome pressure that was waiting just inside the front door after we returned from dinner. The manager was also snappy and repeatedly interrupted conversation at breakfast (food was decent but not great) which made an awkward atmosphere for everyone at the table.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Cute Little Bed and Breakfast"
My wife and I stayed the night here after doing the Renaissance Festival and Worlds of Fun Halloween Haunt. We stayed in the Spanish Room and it was quite lovely. This was our first time at a Bed and Breakfast and we were quite impressed. It is definitely very different from staying at a hotel, but in a good way. The owner told us there was a DVD collection available downstairs in case we wanted to watch a movie in our room. There were also homemade cookies set out for guests, which was nice. Breakfast was served around 9:00 AM and all of the guests sat together at the dining room table which was a unique experience, considering we did not know anyone else. For a shy person like me it was a little awkward, but not enough to make me feel uncomfortable. The food was very good though. Overall the service was extremely friendly and we had no complaints throughout our entire stay. We would definitely stay here again in the future.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Too expensive for such a small room. Deco is over killed.
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Never Again"
Single room with no closet, no dresser, a shower 2.5' x 2.5', a toilet paper holder that kept getting knocked over, an inoperative vent in the bathroom, broken AV equipment, and the messiest B&B I have ever experienced. Breakfast dishes were still uncleaned in the early eveing hours. Never again - here.
Other trip May 14, 2013
"Great ambiance and we loved the place!"
We loved the feeling Woodstock Bed and Breakfast had. We felt comfortable and at home there. Our favorite part was the next morning for a home cooked breakfast that was delicious! We sat around the table with all the other guests and enjoyed the company and had a great time. We will definitely be back!!
Other trip May 13, 2013
Pam is great Food is excellent
3 night trip Aug 31, 2012
Keith
"first stay at B&B"
Nice B&B and a very nice staff. Recommended a local restaurant that was excellent. Large basket of laundry in the hallway was a detractor. Room and bathroom were small. Breakfast with the other guests was really enjoyable. This was our first stay at a B&B.
Other trip Jul 24, 2012
steve
1 night romance trip May 25, 2014
Romance trip Jun 12, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Woodstock Inn Bed and Breakfast

"Awesome"
05/09/15 Trumane L Baltimore, Maryland
I had an awesome stay. The food was great and the service was exceptional. Very warm and friendly atmosphere. Definitely one of the best travel experiences that I have ever had. I would stay there the next time I visit Kansas.
"May Day"
05/03/15 Danny G
Lovely period home renovated to a B&B in central location. Very friendly, home feel with lovely food and serene environment. Tastefully appointed, we stayed in the Scottish theme room. Small ensuite bathroom that you can barely move in, includes w/c, however vanity was in main bedroom. Queen sized bed was not so comfortable and that blasted train keeps sounding its horn at all hours of the night. TV is old tube type with vhs/cd player on top (didn't think I'd see a vhs player again in a hotel/motel). Quiet and peaceful, nothing seems rushed here and the Kansas City Jazz Scene is close by.
"Great Sleep!"
04/27/15 bmram r
The bed are so comfy, we slept soooo good during our stay. The owner Pam, was extremely friendly and had towels and wash clothes ready when needed. The breakfast was decent, helped everyone to make their way downstairs. The Bed & Breakfast felt like home, everyone would come out of their rooms and socialize downstairs. It was a great experience!
"Awesome!"
04/25/15 Danielle T Greensboro, North Carolina
Just as I expected! Clean, warm feeling to the home. Not to mention we were welcomed with warm chocolate chip cookies yumm! Great continental breakfast every morning! Bagels, boiled eggs, muffins etc. Thanks Pam for the great hospitality!
"Home away from home!"
04/24/15 Regis A
I enjoyed my stay at the Woodstock Bed&Breakfast. This place really gave me that at home feeling. The residence was very clean and very cozy. I definitely recommend this place especially for large parties as I was 1 of 30 staying there this past weekend. Ms. Pam was the greatest ensuring that we all were comfortable and was able to make all of our accommodations barring our tight schedule.
"Couldn't have asked for more!"
01/26/15 knittinettie Merriam, Kansas
It was just as we expected! The place is beautifully decorated, clean and cozy. The breakfasts were fantastic. Loads of protein, eggs and sausage, muffins or pancakes, yogurt and fruit. The only thing missing was milk. I am sure if we had asked Pam would have gotten some. She was the perfect hostess. My husband and I were there for a getaway and she was only a phone call away and very helpful the few times we needed her. We will definitely be going back!
"Only 3 stars"
12/08/14 Ben M Colville, Washington
Woodstock B&B could be a wonderful place to stay, but does not meet its potential. The building itself is appealingly historic-looking. However, the room we stayed in was crowded with furniture, which meant that there was nowhere to put our small suitcases that weren't in the way. Pam didn't emerge from her reclined, tv-watching position when we entered and met her. She seemed particularly concerned with instructions for the buttons that control the spa tub in our room. When we suggested she show us to ensure that we didn't accidentally press the wrong button, she seemed put out in having to get up and come to our room. We would have eaten more fruit for breakfast, had it been offered. There was no fresh milk for our coffee, which also seemed uncharacteristic of a B&B. Pam says it takes her two hours to prepare breakfasts, so she only serves it after 9 am. If you're eager to get away, this will slow you down. On a positive note, the cookies were yummy. Some B&Bs are run with dedication to good service, but Woodstock is not one of them.
"Bed and Breakfast"
11/17/14 aaronspratt Springfield, Missouri
Had a wonderful stay at the house it was warm and cozy. The room had a hot tub that me and my wife enjoyed after dinner at the Café Verona which is just a few blocks into downtown. I would totally stay there again when I go watch the Chiefs play again.
"Great place to stay in Independence"
07/10/14 Jim S
This was a very comfortable and welcoming place. Pam was a great host and cooked a wonderful breakfast. She allowed me to keep my car there while I biked the Katy Trail and it was very safe. Close to all of the Harry Truman places as well.
"Nice Place"
07/07/14 Snickers71 Wichita, Kansas
This was a nice B&B although there were a few things that we liked and didn't like. Pam was a wonderful host and snacks in the evening were great, and we happened to stay the night that there was a musician playing. A wonderful touch. The Scandinavian Room was quite small and the bathroom even smaller. The sink was outside the bathroom and the stool and shower seemed to be in a small closet. There were several hooks and no closet! The breakfast was great and served to our dietary requests. I didn't like the fact that my credit card was charged at the time I made the reservations. I thought only Hotwire did that!!