All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
Sorry, you can’t collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here
581 Pine Ave, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Loved this b&b"
I felt very welcomed and comfortable at this B&B
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"All the amenities and pooch friendly too."
Because we travelled with our pup, we were located in the second home on the property which was great. And the breakfasts rated as wonderful especially compared to the usual fare of yesterday's donuts, old apples and stale bagels. Our room was clean, the fireplace worked and atmosphere very home-like. In other words and exceptional travel experience.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014
The Ralstons
"Close to Lovers Beach"
Great location close to the beach, close to the wedding at Lovers Beach. Staff very helpful.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Jon
"great breakfast, OK room"
The room was nice, but very cramped with a king size bed. The bathroom was a decent size, but there was little vanity space. Location wasn't within walking distance of much, but within driving distance of coast and monterey. Onsite parking was much too narrow, but there was ample street parking. Highlight - chef Dave's fantastic breakfast!
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
"Very comfortable stay!"
Gourmet Chef prepared breakfast with great coffee in the morning coupled with a Temper-Pedic King Size Bed. Pretty hard to beat. Off street parking and security of the PG Police Dept nearby. Walking distance to Lighthouse and numerous restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
K.T.S.
"First time at a Bed and Breakfast"
didn't know what to expect. first time at a bed and breakfast. staff was very helpful. charming old home. our room was small, had to hunch over to keep from hitting our heads getting to the bed and while getting ready in the bathroom. we we're on the third floor. won't stay there again, but it was very charming.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
stephanie
"Charming and reasonable"
We were pleasantly surprised to find the reality matched the photos. Our hosts were friendly and helpful. Though small the rooms are very nice. Breakfast was excellent, not just cereal and yogurt.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Brandy
"Nice small B &B"
If you are traveling with children get a bigger room. We upgraded our room by paying additional $ at the place since the room we got in the first place just came with a queen bed. Breakfast was good. Walk around the neighborhood is a nice experience.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
When checking in, I was told the fire place did not work which really didn't bother me because the weather was quite warm. When I was taken to the room which was upstairs, the air in the stairway was very stuffy. The room smelled like a man's cologne. I asked if the windows opened but had to ask for a fan later that evening when coming back to the room and finding it very warm.The breakfasts were good and the bed was comfortable.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Hotel was old and room was too noisy with too much light coming in from the street at night. There was no air conditioning and the bathtub didn't drain properly. The room was comfy but too small for the price, however the breakfast was very good with good service. The whole thing was somewhat overpriced for the quality.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"Nice B & B about 4 blocks from the Shoreline."
The Pacific Grove Inn was fine in that it is about 4 blocks from shoreline and 2 blocks from Lighthouse, the main drag in town. The amenities inside the room were ok. I knew it was an old Victorian, but anticipated a shower big enough to hold two people as well as a higher shower head. The bed was comfortable, but I would have preferred to have had screens on the windows. The wonderful night time air is also the air-conditioning in the hotel, so screens would have been nice. Overall, loved Pacific Grove ad will go back, and might even stay at the Inn, but am interested in trying other B & B's in the future.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Wonderful stay. Staff most helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"Too Many Steps"
We were on the third floor, and it was a lot of steps especially with luggage, etc.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
"OK B & B in a poor location"
Our experience with the staff was very good. A quick and pleasant check-in experience that included a short tour of the facility and information about the evening wine & cheese social. The breakfast staff were responsive to our needs and offered three hot breakfast choices to go along with a selection of fresh fruit, sweet breads, toast and cereal. Our issue was with the location being across the street from the fire station resulting in middle of the night sirens. For the accommodations and noise issues it was a bit pricey.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great location and wonderful breakfast"
Grand older Victorian place with lots of quaintness but a bit tired around the edges. Staff was helpful and breakfast was superb. Bed was extremely comfortable although decor could use a little updating and freshening. Would go back but would also check other options.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Good and bad hotel"
Good: location, proximity, breakfast, staff bad:parking, tube tv instead of flat screen. No hd, vcr instead of dvd, 3 flights of stairs,
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Kimberly
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! What a lovely place - that old Victorian feel. The wine and snacks in the afternoon were perfect for our arrival and the breakfast was delicious. Loved it!
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Really comfortable bed, wonderful staff"
Most enjoyable stay, close to shopping, beach, restaurants.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Dean
"overall loved the hotel, but hated our room"
Overall we really loved the hotel. The atmosphere was exactly what we were wanting. The wine social hour was awesome and the breakfast was better than I was even expecting. However, our room was on the third floor and the ceiling was extremely low and made me claustrophobic. Also the curtains were ivory so when the sun started to come up our room was bright by 6 am. So needless to say I did not sleep very well. Our friends, however, had an awesome room that was secluded around the back of the second hotel building with french doors and a private patio area. I would love to stay here again if I was able to get a room like our friends or maybe just not on the third floor.
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2014
Tracy
""Well taken care of""
Everything was perfectly to our liking. We had a nicely appointed spacious room & bath, and the commons rooms were welcoming and nicely decorated. What really impressed us was that we had wine and cheese and veggies at 4:00, cookies at 7 p.m. and a buffet breakfast plus a cooked entree in the morning. We felt so well taken care of. Next time we're in the Monterey area, I hope they have room for us!
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Carol & Bruce P.
"Central Location"
Convenient location, central to everything. Lots of restaurants nearby, ocean a few blocks away, Fisherman's Wharf and 17 mile drive nearby. Breakfast was great, ordering from a menu and having them cook what you wanted, we thought was fantastic. It made our anniversary worthwhile. We look forward to our next stay there.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Nancy & Gerry
"Anniversary trip"
My wife and I spent a wonderful romantic weekend there. It was quiet without being creepy, and this old Victorian style hotel had so much of a comfortable feel to it. The chef made some amazing breakfasts, highlighted by his eggs Benedict which was fantastic. If you are looking for a quiet, friendly place to stay, this is it! I've been telling everyone I know to go stay at pacific grove inn, it just had a good vibe.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
"Great night of sleep at Pacific Grove Inn"
Great experience at Pacific Grove Inn. Bed was super comfortable- slept an amazing 9hours! Great parking and fantastic breakfast to start out the next morning! Had no problem with street noise.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"A nice place"
Everything was fine except minor maintenance problems with the window coverings and the toilet. Great bed. Very good breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jun 6, 2014
"I will go back again"
Over all the inn was very nice. People were quiet and kept to themselves. The service was great and i loved the gourmet breakfast in the morning. The house is old and so the water pressure lacked but that was to be expected. They had a social hour with wine and snacks and cookies in the evening. Also a movie selection and popcorn. The location is nice too. You can walk straight down Forrest St and there are a lot of little shops to go into and it leads right to the beach. It was a good experience and I will probably stay there again at some point.
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
Megan
"Hidden Gem!"
Having a glass of wine offered at the time of check-in was a first for us. The staff was excellent. We love Pacific Grove and this B&B gave us another reason to love it. Great location and convenient to 17 mile drive, Cannary Row, Aquarium, and beaches. The breakfast was better than any B&B we've been to; eggs benedict on Sunday morning was perfect. The only reason I did not give room comfort an excellent rating is due to the low flow shower. I understand why, just being honest. My wife and I will definately return to this gem of a hotel.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Great Service, Wonderful Amenities"
We had a wonderful one-night stay at Pacific Grove Inn, and wish we could have stayed longer! We stayed in the back house (Tuttle house) of two, and our room had a small private balcony, bathroom with towel warmer, gas fireplace, and a TV with VCR (!!). The Inn has a VHS collection that you can pull from at any time, along with microwave popcorn. We took advantage of this during our stay, and loved it. The breakfast in the morning had the standard continental breakfast choices, along with a choice of eggs benedict, waffles, and eggs any-style, made straight from their kitchen. It was delicious. They offered bike rentals, and you could purchase aquarium tickets from them and skip the lines. It was walking distance to the ocean and the main drag, which was perfect for us. I have nothing bad to say about our stay, and we will definitely be back!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Michele
"Nice B&B close to shopping and aquarium."
The Pacific Grove is a lovely B&B. The staff was very accommodating and the breakfasts were outstanding. The bed was the most comfortable! I wish I had this bed! However....being that it was in town and walking distance to great shopping, the beach and the aquarium... It was in a very noisy location. It was around the corner from the fire department which wasn't pleasant to hear the trucks roll by with sirens blasting before 6am. And..trash day is Wednesday.. guess how we know this?! All the noise started before 6am. It ruined it for us in spite of how great every thing else really was.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Charming Victorian Bed and Breakfast"
My daughter and I had a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly. The new Tempurpedic mattress was so comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay again and recommend this B &B to friends.
Other trip May 25, 2014
"Excellent place to stay."
Best bet in Pacific Grove.
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
should extend wine hour longer for late arrivals when I asked if I could have a small portion of one french toast and one piece of frittata - the young man who seemed to be at the desk said no, can only have one choice. So I ended up with either 2 pieces of french toast and 1 larger piece of frittatta ----- could have been more accomodating and given me one of each. Nice variety of breakfast but not as nicely presented as in other b and b's i've been in with cloth napkins, place mats, etc. Cook was very nice and friendly.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"A gem!"
I was traveling from Chicago to attend my daughters graduation. Although I had visited the Monterey area many times in the past it had been at least 15 years since my last visit. What a great surprise it was to find the Pacific Grove Inn! They were very reasonably priced, Room 6 was very clean & comfortable and the staff was terrific. The location is within walking distance to the ocean and some cute shops on Lighthouse Ave. The gate to 17 mile Drive and Pebble Beach is very close as well. The next time I visit here I won' even consider staying anywhere else.
Other trip May 21, 2014
todd
"good times"
great stay will do again
2 night trip May 12, 2014
ken
"NICE B&B IN A GREAT LOCATION"
EXCELLENT BREAKFAST. FRIENDLY STAFF. BATHROOM WAS A LITTLE SMALL. SINK IN THE ROOM, NOT THE BATHROOM. TOO MUCH LIGHT IN THE MORNING. NEEDS LIGHT BLOCKING SHADES. COULDN'T CRACK WINDOWS FOR AIR - THEY WOULDN'T STAY OPEN AND NO SCREENS..
2 night family trip May 11, 2014
CHUCK
"Quiet neighborhood BUT close to everything"
Would like to stay at the Pacific Grove Inn again in the near future. Helpful staff, good amenities, nice breakfast. Loved the Tempurpedic mattress. Note to management: It was great having a porch outside of our room across from the main part of the Inn but would have like a couple of porch chairs. We cracked open a bottle of wine and then realized there was no place to sit.
1 night trip May 15, 2014
"Cute Place"
We had never stayed at a B&B before and this place was very cute. A lot of the details are correct towards the period of the home. Certain features are a little outdated (VCRs in rooms) but overall a good experience. The chef for breakfast was very nice and very accommodating. Great location/neighborhood. Only issue is that you have to check in before 9pm and I did not know this prior to arrival - we were out sightseeing all day and just made it in before deadline.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
"Lovely Stay"
I stayed at Pacific Grove Inn for two nights with my boyfriend. It was wonderful! Jim at the front desk was especially helpful, and very friendly and welcoming. Our room was room 5, a deluxe King room, and it was vintage looking and very comfortable. The bed had a tempurpedic mattress. There was a TV with Comcast channels and a VCR, with a large selection of VHS tapes downstairs to choose from, along with free microwaveable popcorn. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, with cold options, a chef taking your order for things like delicious red velvet pancakes, and a variety of juices. Coffee, tea, water, and hot chocolate are available all day. There is wine, cheese, fruit, crackers, and vegetables from 4-5 and fresh baked cookies at night. My only complaints would be walls that are a little thin and the water pressure (or lack thereof) in the shower. The heated towel rack in the bathroom is awesome. The location is lovely, right by Cannery Row, and a short walk or drive from Lovers Point, a beach and park that is just down the street. I would definitely stay here again!
2 night romance trip May 9, 2014
Rachael
"The right fit."
Perfect spot, perfect setting. Wished we were there for more than one night.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
rik
"Nice but noisy accommodation"
The room was very attractively appointed and clean. The facility had nice touches with wine and snacks in the afternoon and cookies at night. Breakfast was a good assortment of fruit, cereals, breads, and entrees. The only complaint is a significant one: it is very noisy at night with trucks, motorcycles, and cars going by--especially in the early morning hours.
Other trip May 7, 2014
"unforgettable experience"
Delicious Breakfast, Nice Staff, Gorgeous surroundings, An unforgettable experience
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Great Atmosphere, Great Room w/tremendous savings!"
Had a wonderful time at the B-n-B as well as sight-seeing! Rented bicycles and toured from Pacific Grove to Monterey to Seaside and back...already planning our next visit/stay at Pacific Grove Inn..!!
1 night trip Apr 29, 2014
"conveniently located to wonderful seashore sites"
Very pleasant, staff was very corteous and professional
2 night trip Apr 23, 2014
Alvaro Murcia
We had a wonderful stay! We would definitely stay here again. The room was great and the food was excellent.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Converted 1904 home"
Very nice, very clean, quiet, pretty, lots of antiques, very nice furniture, excellent bed, gratis breakfast waay beyond excellent! Staff courteous, attentive. Heated towel rack! Never had that before! Feels nice when you get out of the shower. Downside: on Saturday the parking was unacceptable. Had to park in the street, only stall left was waay too small and I drive a tiny car. Be fine for a scooter. During the week it was fine though.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
GeoB
"Nice weekend stay"
This was our first stay at a B & B, and it was better than expected. (We tend to like our anonymity and privacy, neither of which we thought was easy to maintain at such places). Our hosts were friendly and helpful, but not intruding, as were the other guests we encountered at the lovely 'social hour' and yummy breakfasts. Our room was small and quaint, but fit our needs, and other than mild older plumbing issues (which is to be expected), and a random alarm from the fire trucks across the street, it was a comfortable, quiet stay. We'd stay again on any future visits to the area!
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
"great B&B"
The bed had a memory foam comfy mattress which have us a great sleep. Breakfast was fabulous. I had a spinach, onion , swiss cheese quiche and my husband had a delicious frittata. Cheerful service. Very near Monterey but a quiet neighborhood.
1 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
Catherine
"Fantastic 2 days"
This B&B has everything you need or want for a fabulous get-a-way. I loved the wine reception and warm cookies in the evening (after a wonderful day of sightseeing). The breakfast was incredible. Great combination of luxury and all the comforts of home. Very enjoyable stay. Will look forward to a return visit.
2 night trip Apr 13, 2014
linda
"Charming"
Pleasant, comfortable, and relaxing! The chef makes a lovely breakfast with many choices to choose from.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Close to shopping and dining"
Nice location, easy walk to restaurants, shopping, grocery store and the bay. Although the house is a bit worn and shabby, it is an excellent value for the location.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Lynne
"Nice hotel close to beach and shops."
We stayed their 2 nights and enjoyed visiting nearby attractions.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014