All hotels in Laguna Beach, California, United States of America

"Nice hotel close to the beach."
The staff was very friendly and professional. The position is beautiful right on the beach. It would be nice if they could make the balconies a little more private.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Barbie
"Great get away"
Great stay, great location, staff was amazing, the bed needs to be replaced.. Uncomfortable
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
"Close to the beach."
The hotel staff is very kind and helpful. It is close to everything. The rooms need work. The curtains let too much light in and the room smells old when you come in.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Husband & wife
"older hotel, great location"
location is excellent . . walk to tons of restaurants and shopping. Hotel is ok. We changed rooms and everything was much better. Furnishings were ok but sparse . .only one chair in the entire room. Plenty of room to add extra furniture.
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
room for three was small and had towels for only two. called to have more none ever came. the rooms on the web site look like they're facing the beach but we were given a court yard room. car was with vallet parking had to ask twice for the car.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Awful old dingy room"
The room that we stayed in is not shown AT ALL in the pics on the site. Our room was OLD, dingy and the bathroom was awful!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Will Definitely Stay Here Again!!"
We stayed in a "newly renovated" room (per the front desk staff) and though it didn't really appear to have had a recent facelift, the room was very clean. The hotel is in an awesome location right on the beach--will definitely pay a little more for an ocean view room with a small balcony next time we are in town! The staff was very courteous and friendly. Parking was easy enough to find on the street so we skipped the (rather expensive) valet. The pool and hot tub were awesome bonuses (even in December!...gotta love SoCal!!)
1 night trip with friends Dec 7, 2014
Samantha
"Not a happy customer"
I was happy for the early checken. But then got a surprise bill without being told that it would be a extra charge. Also everything else was a let down. And not the worth the money to be on a noisy street. Kids skating up and down the hall. Wont be going back
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Maria
"Good place"
Nice place to stay, rooms are clean. It's definitely an older hotel with a nice vibe. Great location, good beach.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Jonathan
"Beachfront really means BEACH FRONT!"
Extremely satisfied with the view of the room! Spectacular! !! I would have to say the view is what makes the money you spend for a Beachfront room worth it! The bed was comfy too! And deco was appropriate! The only bad thing that actually grossed me out was the fact the bathroom was NOT thoroughly cleaned. It looked like the inside was clean. HOWEVER, there was a pee drop on the toilet seat. Disgusting. The bathroom could use an upgrade. We were put in the reef tower and that Tower looked more outdated. But in spite of the bathroom and cleanliness of the room and Tower, view and comfyness of the bed was perfection!!!!
Kris
"Nice location creepy rooms"
Great beach and location rooms real creepy and outdated
mickey
"Decent place; great location"
Only complaint is $27 to park my car overnight; seems excessive.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Misleading"
The Hotel is Not on the beach as advertised. They Do have a section that is, but was lead to believe all were.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Ron
Short walking distance to excellent restaurants and shopping. Great service at the beach, chairs towels etc.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
howard
Good hotel but property is old and feels much like a budget motel. Rooms are on an alley and the property renovation was not very significant. But great location and close to grocery restaurants and art galleries. Beach is very close and there are other rooms on the beach but difficult to book. Overall it feels like a days inn but solidly in a great area near the beach.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
scott
"Laguna dream"
I stayed only one night on business but I wished I could have stayed longer! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was great! Came with a kitchenette which I loved. Property ends right at the shore offering a run on the beach in the AM.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Birthday weekend"
A Birthday get away for my husband which was delightful and just what we needed! Was extremly happy when I call the hotel and asked for a early check in and they called back to tell me the room was ready at 10:15 in the morning.Upon checking in they upgraded our room to a ocean view!After coming back from lunch in the afternoon we found a gift basket in the room from the staff wishing my husband a happy Birthday! A big shout out to all the staff at Pacific Edge!!!!!!!We will be back thank! Thank you once again for a awesome weekend!
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
julianne
"Don't expect much"
The staff was definitely the best part of this hotel. The pictures are way off than what the hotel actually looks like. My boyfriend and I thought it looked magical online only to find out it looks pretty run down inside. Plus we were never notified that parking would be a separate cost. Instead they said to bring them my keys at the front desk and they would take care of everything. I just figured they were being nice since it was my birthday. The front desk lady said she was going to give me a vouchure of some sort since it was my birthday yet I never received it. I believe her name was Lauren. She really tried to give me the most perfect room but it seemed the other two gentlemen weren't really wanting her to. She did give us a pretty view of the horizon but it would have really been special to be in a water front. Anyways, the employees were spectacular but the room itself was really not worth the money I paid for it. The carpet was completely stained and gross. The smoke alarm kept going off in our room because it was low on battery. And the sound of the valet guys every 5 minutes was kind of a dissapointment and not a quiet room at all. I think I was expecting this amazing hotel for my birthday and instead I received this.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Great location-"
Nice sheets and variety of pillows was nice. Very roomy. On PCH so a little noisy in some rooms but can't beat the location. Stevia with the morning coffee In the lobby and Orange infused water during the day were nice touches.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"A Day away"
A repeat visit to unwind after a business convention in Anaheim. Great location right on the beach and close to all the action of Laguna. Pool, jacuzzi and great restaurant and bar to watch the sunset.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Smooth music
The hotel is right on the beach which was perfect. The room is not very new but very clean. The fact that there is no smoking even on the balcony was kind of inconvienience overall we had a great and relaxing time. Would visit again
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Maral
"Awesome views and an excellent ocean front room."
Excellent hotel in Laguna Beach. I booked an ocean front king room, which was recently remodeled (apparently all of the other rooms are a bit dated). The views of the beach were excellent and the room was clean and nice with a huge flat screen tv. Will definitely book a room here in the future.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Jeremy
"Nice MOTEL!"
Rooms are very thin, I mean VERY thin. my mom's bathroom looks nicer than this so called HOTEL!!! nothing fancy, It is NOT a hotel , if you have HOTEL in mind don't go there, This place is a nice MOTEL. I think they only have a FEW ocean view rooms, and that's all they show ONLINE, they're never available.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
nima
"Do you want to be steps from the ocean?"
Hotel location was awesome. Staff, top notch. Room was clean. We stayed in a single queen room with no view. We really were not in the room much. It is a tiny room but you are paying for location, not an extravagant room. Literally, on the beach. Free lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach. 2 wonderful restaurants attached to the hotel. Really, no need to leave the property. It has it all. Next time I will book an ocean view room in the Reef bldg. Well worth it. The ONLY "con" was the water temp in the shower fluctuated temperature. Hot:warm:cold. We will be back!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Rooms are dated, no hot water while taking a shower. Valet only parking with a hefty charge.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Great hotel. Ensure you book the room with the king size bed with the oceanfront view.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Good location but time for an upgrade!"
As you enter, the Pacific Edge Hotel will remind you of an old apartment that's been re-purposed into a hotel. The eastside of the building is old and there are a number of building complexes which requires one to go up and down multiple staircases to get to the beach. Our room was spacious but definitely was showing its age. It was a corner room in which the curtains were too short to adequately cover the windows and/or let in significant amounts of light from the security lamps below. The refrigerator was rusting on the inside and the TV was mounted in such a way as to be a hazard if one got up in the night despite the leakage of outside light. That said, the hotel has a great location - two blocks to the hamlet of shops and restaurants, right on the beach and on the major thoroughfare for Laguna Beach. Once we parked our car, there was no need to use it for we could simply walk to wherever we needed to go. The hotel was adequate and I decided to book a room there since the information led me to believe there was a spa on the property. As it were, this was not the case; and, I will therefore consider other options on my next visit to the area.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great beach getaway."
Loved our balcony overlooking the ocean and hearing the waves crash just below. Great sunset views and walks on the sand at low tide. Hotel needs some exterior maintenance, but interior was in great shape. Friendly staff. Walking distance to downtown and many restaurants.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
anna
"Another good stay"
As usual, we had a great time at this hotel. While it could use a little paint on the balconies and other areas, overall it is a nice hotel, especially for the price. It is very reasonable for the rooms right on the beach. You can't get any closer than the rooms are here! It is an easy walk to all the shops and the town center. The service was quick(we asked for a microwave and it came quickly)and very friendly. Marked them down because no one came to clean our room, even though the asked if we wanted it done. I'm sure if we had complained, they would have sent someone. One complaint, parking is $27 per night to park your car in the same lot next to your room. So we parked our car to unload our luggage, then walked down to have them park it in the same lot. When we left there were two cars blocking us in, who had not paid to park there, but no one noticed. This is a little ludicrous. Hope they change this. But will we return? Oh, yes!
2 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Excellent location"
I love Laguna Beach and this hotel was perfect for my stay. The room, even though it was not on the sand, was still very comfortable and pleasing to the eye. The hotel even upgraded to an even bigger room with a kitchenette. The valet guys were great. Hotel staff equally great. I would definitely tell my friends and would also like to make a return trip. A great staycation!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Jan
"close to beach"
Room was small but for price and location it worked. Hotel provided chairs for the beach which I thought was a real plus.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Awesome hotel"
Great stay, great location. Amazing beachfront view.
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Not what I thought"
Poorly designed room. Just clean, nothing more. Should have stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2014
"Terrible dirty hotel."
Lisa at the front desk on night shift thinks it is ok to try and yell at people and use profanity when talking to guests.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
ralph
"Disappointing, dirty and not worth the $$$"
Compared to surrounding hotel/motels this place is expensive. We stayed in one of the apartments. The room was dirty and looked like it hadn't been renovated since 1980. Beds were uncomfortable with really old pillows. The sofa had stains that I'll let you use your imagination to guess what made them. The kitchen didn't really have any cuttlerey.The view was over a parking lot. It was raining and everything was flooding and we were scared that anyone could walk off the streets up to any of the rooms... a real lack of security. The wi-fi wasn't working and they overcharge for parking. The only positive thing was the friendly staff... but I won't be staying here again.
2 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Beware of this hotel"
They gave us the worst room of the property after we declined to pay $70 extra for an ocean view.They only have valet parking for $27 a night.They charged us $4 for a bottle of water that we never used.Beautiful location right on the beach.
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
claude
"Great Room - Perfect Getaway - Amazing View"
Booked this hotel last minute. Great deal for an absolutely gorgeous oceanfront room (double - 2 queen size beds). The view was great, specially because you can't get any closer to the ocean than this. Was given the top floor by the manager, so it was a perfect private getaway. Beach was easy access (private for the building). One thing that wasn't posted at the time of booking was the Valet Parking fee of $27 per day, with the option of self park (at owner's responsibility). I was there where not much people were in the area, so self parking was easy, but I would think that it would be quite difficult to self park in high season. Therefore, plan to add the $27 on top of the room fee + taxes. Overall, great stay. Could walk pretty much anywhere worth visiting in Laguna and be there in 5 minutes.
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2015
Miguel
"Beautiful ocean view."
Stayed in the Surf Tower. Incredible view. Fantastic location.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Nice but too expensive for parking"
The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room was clean but the furniture was little uncomfortable. Easy access to the beach, groceries and food. Parking was $27/night which was ridiculous! This added cost to the room would stop me from staying there again.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Suzanne
"Serenity"
After a night of a horrible hotel experience I rushed over to the pacific edge. The staff was caring and compassionate and so nice. The environment overall was welcoming. The valet gentleman names Gary was so nice and very humble. He carried so much stuff up to my room. You would have sworn I was moving in. They extended my stay for me without any trouble. I cannot express enough how happy I am. This isn't a ritz Carlton but I was happier with the pacific edge then I probably would be at a ritz. Can't wait to go back. My girls loved the beach front and the view!!
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Kassi
Unreal hotel. Was upgrades twice because they had rooms available. Went from 2 standard beds to an ocean front King room with a beautiful balcony overlooking the water. Excellent salt water taffy in lobby, great accents throughout hotel. Highly recommend.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Empty candy wrappers & food particles"
Nice distance from the beach, however the maid forgot to clean 2 drawers that had half eaten candies & left over candy wrappers. The rug had food particles (some parts of the room). The shampoo & the conditioner was 1/2 empty. I would go somewhere else.
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
"Beautiful hotel, terrible room"
This hotel is in a beautiful location. And the rooms looked magnificent online. However when my fiance and I checked in, our room was ugly and super tiny. It wasn't a huge deal, except it was his birthday present and I was kind of let down. And it seemed our room was the only one like this. All others had sliding doors and pretty paint and much more room. Our room was off on the side by itself (weird right?) And the noise from the stairs directly next to us was un unbearable until 1 AM. With all that being said, this hotel is beautiful everywhere else, the staff so friendly and the location ideal. If you stay hear, tell them no room 55!
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"The rooms facing street"
We stayed in room facing highway 1. Old and tired room. No heat and we were in cold spell. Not worth the price. We left after one night for a better hotel across the street for the same price.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Staff was great!"
Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable and made our time there very enjoyable.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
Tony
"Perfect weekend getaway."
Love the ocean front views, especially the spectacular sunset over the S. tip of Catalina Island.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
lawrence
"Laguna Beach"
The service and food was very good. The views of the ocean are fabulous. The paper-thin walls...well, when you can hear the nextdoor neighbors farts and conversations...can you folks hire a contractor fro additional wall insulation? :-) We will be back to Laguna Beach, of course...it's a fav of ours. Next time we will plan further in advance and will check out all options at this place as well as others nearby.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Room overlooking the traffic"
Left at 5 in the morning so I really didn't get to enjoy the beach. The $27 per night parking was a surprise.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Brandon
"If your looking for nice don't stay here"
Great location, rooms should have been way nicer for the off season price. Really basic room with cheap bed that was not like their other hotels. Noise level from other rooms was bad.. TVs in other rooms would over power conversation.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"Find somewhere else"
Stay away. The online pictures are not a true representation of the hotel. The first room we got was really small, it felt like a motel 6. It also smelled like pets, given that I'm allergic, I asked to move rooms. We moved to another room that was the same cramped size. When I used the restroom, I noticed the towels were stained and dirty. I went to the front desk and they moved me again. I was alone with two children, going up and down steps to move rooms, I was really exhausted and frustrated. The noise level with the stairs right by our room, kept me up all night. I shortened my stay from 3 nights to one because I was so disappointed with the condition, the price, the valet charges, and the whole experience. When I researched the hotel online, the photos looked fantastic. I didn't see any of those images at the actual hotel.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2014