All hotels in Oxnard, California, United States of America
2211 E Gonzales Rd, Oxnard, CA, 93036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent and clean"
Arrived late due to work stuff in town and checked in close to 11PM. Convenient 7-Eleven next door. Decent continental breakfast. Friendly staff who seem to be related, I heard one guy call the other "tio" meaning uncle. The only not so professional thing was the nephew wore sagging pants that clearly exposed his boxers.....not so big a deal but......but a little more uniform policy enforcement would be nice for the night crew. Otherwise a great place to stay if you're in an out.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
decent clean
"dorm room"
weird loud people everywhere. lots of yelling. seemed like alot of kids lived there. felt more like a dorm than a hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2014
Friendly staff who were knowledgeable of the area, restaurants and things to do. Great breakfast area, clean and everything you would expect to be there. Everything was fresh and delicious.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Michele
"Friendly service"
The lady who was running the breakfast area was so friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the experience.
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Very pleasant stay"
We enjoyed our stay. Outstanding & peaceful location. Very clean & good set up of the room.
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Margie
"Not bad for the money..."
Nice breakfast buffet lady
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Good Value not luxury"
We had pleasant accomodations for the price but the furnishings were cheaply appointed. Clean and nice hotel ammenities such as breakfast, play area and pool. Wonderful location!
2 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Teri
"Comfortable, convenient place to stay"
The room was spacious and clean. Nice to have a full kitchen including dishes and utensils. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was great. There was easy access to outside space for our dog.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"What happened in the course of one year?"
We stayed here previously one year ago for a local event and it was great, then. Flash forward one year and it was terrible. Starting with the reception desk, the young woman was not friendly at all and looked like she didn't enjoy her job at all. The room was clean, but the towels were stained (gross!) and thread barren and the bed sheets were so cheap and scratchy and the bed mattress sagged in the middle so bad, I woke up with a sore shoulder from trying to keep myself from rolling in the mattress canyon. We had recommended this place to a friend and she canceled at the last minute, which I'm glad because I would have been embarrassed that I recommended this place to her. We had hoped we found a diamond in the rough, but sadly we will not be returning to this place. Cold employees and cheap bedding, no thanks.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Tracy
"Nothing special"
Sometimes the pictures don't tell a true story, whilst it was clean the room was quite old fashioned and the decor really was depressing the estate to the rear ment an early wake up 4am with trash wagons clattering around I would think twice before staying here again
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
"Good family hotel"
I stayed here with my husband, my son and my 2 small dogs.The one bedroom suite is spacious, private, clean and comfortable.Service is excellent.The pool is 4 feet deep so is good for children.It's close to the beach, harbor, hospitals and restaurants.We would definitely stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2014
"Good hotel for the price"
Stayed one night for business. Bed was comfortable, Ac unit was a little noisy. Not a bad place to stay for the price
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Greg
The employees were really nice but the rooms smelled badly.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Hotel? More like a motel...."
If I could give it a 0 zero rating I would. The "hotel" looks lovely on the outside and the lobby of the hotel is great but as soon as your step onto the elevator you know it's going downhill from that point. The rooms were horrible and smelled horrible, they need major updates added to the rooms and also don't be fooled by the pictures online, the rooms are MUCH SMALLER in person. I would not recommended this hotel to anyone, even though the rates are low, beware!
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Not that Great"
Room Smelled funny. There were no Sheets for the Hide a bed. When searching On-line it Looked great in the pictures, and based on the reviews, I expected it to be alot better. Next time We will stay elsewhere.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Mr. B.
"Thr best ever"
It was one of my best stays yet. I will recommend it to all my friends and family.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Floyd,Yelza
"good hotel for the money."
It was comfortable, the beds are nice. Need more lights in parking area.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"not what I expected"
When I hear the word suite I imagine a luxurious room with lots of amenities as minibar, whirlpool tub, or balcony. What I got was a cramped bedroom with a non working tv & an ac unit in the wall that woke me up everytime it came on. The sitting arra was so small that my family could not be in it at the same time. I would not recommend staying here unless you were alone on business
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Everything was good at our stay here... Clean and friendly workers
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Excellent Hotel"
This was a perfect selection for my stay. The room was clean, the breakfast was good with a delightful staff person who kept everything running smoothly. I loved having a suite with a full kitchen. This hotel is close to the hospital which is why we were visiting the area. I was very happy with all the staff I encountered and everything about the hotel. There are many restaurants and stores in the area.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Nora
"Nice enough hotel."
Clean, nice breakfast, pleasant staff. Poor recommendations for dinner...would have preferred knowing about the local Oxnard restaurants instead of Outback Steakhouse and some national pizza chain. Plenty of parking. If someone needed to utilize the hide-a-bed as a sleeping option, and assuming they are all fairly bad, or anywhere NEAR as bad as the one I slept in, I would strongly NOT recommend it.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"2.5 Stars is Pretty Accurate"
The room was not as big as I expected, the bed needed to be replaced as there was a visible slump in the middle of it. The toilet was not working properly. The TV in the living room and the one in the bedroom did not work. I pulled the sofa sleeper out and there was a GIANT brown stain on it. The sheets for the sofa sleeper had holes in them. The best thing about this hotel was the location. The service was great, but the condition and style of the room was terrible. There is a pool, and they serve breakfast in the lobby.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Tate
"Conveniently close to beaches and shopping"
Can't say enough about the staff. Each one I encountered was very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast was very good including the lady that worked breakfast. She was so personable. Even made an extra trip to get more fruit after she had put it away because we got there late. Our room was a studio had 2 queen beds and sofa couch. Slept 6 people comfortably. Beds were ok comfort wise. Same with couch. Linens and pillows were very comfortable. Kitchenette was nice too. Full sized fridge. Had a stove top, microwave and dishwasher. Pool was fun and hot tub too. Stayed open late until 11 pm. Def stay here again!
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
emilie
Very comfortable room. I couldn't find any dishes. They were in the dishwasher and I couldn't tell if they had been washed or not. The breakfast was limited. We had to request a number of items--l.e. salt and pepper, eggs, etc.
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2014
"As a last resort"
The initial appearance of the hotel is great. The lobby is very clean and inviting. The swimming pool is half of the size it looks on the website. The pool chairs were filthy and did not look maintained. Our room looked like it had been quickly wiped down and reset for us to show up. The restroom door was filthy. The sofa and chairs had stains on them. The bed linens were full of black lint balls. The A/C unit rattled noisily all night. And the people directly under us called and complained about our noise level as soon as we walked in. We had just walked in...no TV, no Jumping, no yelling and screaming...walked in. We had to make the best of our stay. We were safe from the elements, But will not stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
JT
"Ask for a room away from the pool.."
I am a business traveler and have stayed in this hotel approximately 8 times in the past year. This is the first time I have travelled with a fellow director and as such was put on the 1st floor with our rooms directly next to the pool. This was disconcerting as the pool I discovered is open till 11p. There was a large party at the pool with loud voices and yelling children. When I asked the front desk at 10:10p if I could be moved I was told that they were no rooms available and they were sold out for the next night also. When I questioned the hotel mgr. the next morning on why the website advertised rooms available, I was told that it was "my type of room" that was no longer available. Thank heavens for Hotel.com. They contacted the hotel to issue me a refund and booked me at the Hilton 5 mins down the road--slightly more but WELL worth it!
4 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great hotel for family!"
Nice service, clean, huge room (at least mine) and no parking rates. Just the breakfast, which is free, is not a big deal.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Anggie
"Mediocre"
The room was clean and the staff courteous, but I expect that. Queen bed was only size available, and was a killer on by back. I never did get why we were given a room more suitable to someone wheelchair bound. Much of the furniture was removed to accommodate a wheelchair and the bath shower set up with handicap seating and fixtures. I appreciate this arrangement for those needing it, but we didn't nor did we ask for it. Lastly, having lived in Oxnard for over 30 years, I know this neighborhood. Business oriented during the day, "troubled" at night. This was not our first choice (2nd or 3rd either for that matter), best we could find on short notice. Suffice it to say, "we have stayed in much better, and occasionally, somewhat worse".
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Art
very nice hotel, comfortable rooms, continental breackfast lacking in healthy choices, everything was full of sugar so instead we grabbed breakfast on the way to the next stop - would be good for younder families.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Don
My boyfriend & I stayed at this location for one night. It's a no frills hotel, but we enjoyed the breakfast - bagels, fresh waffles & juice. They also had a few choices of cold cereals and pastries. I had read in previous reviews that they serve warm cookies around 6pm. We were in the lobby at 5:55pm & there were no cookies. Returned at 6:45pm & also no cookies. We were a bit disappointed at this as it was one of the facts that drew us to choose this hotel. It was a bit pricey for you get (could have stayed in a much nicer hotel for around the same price), but it got the job done & we were only there for one night.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Suite Stay!"
will def. check in this place again. had a last minute trip and our suite was a great size with the sofabed which helped out
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"rating misleading"
I stayed here because of the 4.0 rating but it was no where near that. I rate it a 1.5-2.0. The customer service could use some improvement. The rooms can use better housekeeping and clean towels without brown stains. Parking lot can use security to stop all the drug dealing from happening. Needless to say I will not be staying here or recommending this place to anybody I know.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
As far as a first impression of the facility,the facade of the building is very attractive and the lobby area was welcoming. The front desk staff was friendly & efficient. We were impressed with the size and appointments of the room. It was very fresh, clean & comfortable. The bathroom is quite spacious with lots of counter room. We liked the location of the hotel as it was easy to find off the freeway but not close enough to bother us with noise and traffic. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"At a conference in Ventura"
Overall good experience, great price! Fully contained kitchen.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
TM
"Like a home away from home."
Great experience. I was there for a week and loved the kitchenette to have fresh fruit and water available. The coffee pot was a great touch.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Needs Met"
Picking up our daughter and her husband and daughter in a transition of moving to Hawaii was stressful enough, but GrandStays made the move a little easier by providing our needs perfectly. This was our second stay there and we will return if we are ever in the area again!
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Ruth
"Nice hotel close to the Freeway"
Located right off the 101 Freeway this hotel was very easy to find for someone like myself that has never been to Oxnard. The hotel parking was small and was frequently used by people going to a gym next door. I however , never had to search for more than a minute to park. The hotel is quiet, besides the occasional loud person walking down the hall and what seemed like thin windows. I could hear the freeway and people outside pretty easy. My room was overlooking the pool and a small negative for light sleepers was what seemed like late night pool hours. A couple of the nights people were out by the pool, loud, until way after 11pm. The hotel WIFI was free and decent available everywhere in the hotel. Overall the room was kept very clean and was a good size for my 5 night stay, Small kitchen was nice however, I never used it. Overall great hotel and I would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in or around Oxnard,
5 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
3 of us (one couple and one single) stayed in a suite with two bedrooms - both with queen beds - living room and kitchen. For the price, it was a good value. Wouldn't have had as nice for two rooms elsewhere. Beds were not bad - ,many reviews said they were quite bad, but I didn't mind them and I have a bad back. Kitchen wasn't very well equipped - No sponges to wash up with, not a great selection of cookware, no cutting board. Was nice to have grills out by the pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was some street noise, but not too bad. Pool and hot tub were good temps and very clean. Overall: Nothing fancy, but clean and pleasant for a good value.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Anne
Fabulous! And its a Fido friendly hotel. My girls loved the pool. We all enjoyed a healthy breakfast and headed out for soccer. Hotel front desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. Very nice area.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Cathy
"A great place to spend the night."
Outstanding rooms, wonderful service. Bonus stars to the guy who checked me in for remembering me when i stayed there again. They go out of their way to make you happy.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
friendly staff,I reserved the two bed suite.It was nice but not as comfortable as other suites that I have stayed at before for the same price or less than here at the grand stay.would recommend to friends if it's a one to two night stay.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
jessica
"Don't get "Handicapped" unless you need it"
Basically, a clean and comfortable place to stay. However, I should have paid more attention to a prior guest review about the Handicapped rooms. They will place you in these rooms without telling you in advance. While good for wheelchairs, the tables are very high and not easy to work on if you have a laptop. No counter space in the bathroom or shower to place personal items so you'll have to use the counter in the kitchen. Recently stayed in a regular room which was better. Also, they have coffee makers in the rooms, but never provide coffee cups. (I guess that saves on coffee.) Breakfast a notch below most other hotels.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2014
Traveler
"Good value for $"
Great price for a one bedroom suite. Loved the way we were accommodated, when I asked for a crib and some packages of honey for my baby's cough. Small breakfast area, and uncomfortable sofa bed were my only complaints. But overall, nice place to stay!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Charlotte
Our toilet seat moved, but pleasant stay overall.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"Nice hotel near Malibu and oxnard beaches."
Everything was good..Front desk manager was good in giving sufficient extra time for checkout. Breakfast good, but some extra additions would make things delightful. Cleaning people were great. Only thing is bed could have more comfortable.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Family Visits"
This was a perfect place to stay to visit family in Camarillo. We slept six adults, each couple with privacy in a 2 bedroom suite. Great to have the complete kitchen. Hot tub pool area is small - but does the trick. We went in several times. Playground for younger kids means family friendly, also non smoking. Only down side was breakfast service. Day one OK breakfast burritos and beans, day two those gross eggs. But cereal and bagel options OK. Coffee and tea good and a 7 - 11 store next door to walk to at night. Neighborhood safe and industrial - but not a pretty view. But so convenient to get quickly on to the freeway. I will advice others coming to the area that this is a great choice.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
"Lots of little perks to this hotel"
I love a hotel with kitchenettes that give you a few more options in terms of bringing your own food, being able to heat it up, and also refrigerating items. Plus the free hot breakfast each day is convenient and the hours are perfect. The coffee and OJ (tastes like Tang) aren't great, but something like that can be easily fixed if management pays attention to reviews. Sunday morning we had a quiet staff person making sure things were stocked up, but Monday was a different woman -- I feel badly for forgetting her name -- and she was managing the breakfast the last time we stayed here, earlier in the year. Super friendly and does a great job. The guy who checked us in was nice, and the only issue we had was that we got locked out of our room the morning we were to check out. It wasn't check-out time yet, but somehow the cards wouldn't work. A maintenance person was on the floor and helped out by going downstairs and getting another card. It's a modest place that is comfortable with nice-size suites. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
"The WiFi is nonexistent!"
If you are traveling for business, I would look elsewhere. The room was pretty good, but these days, business professionals expect reliable access to the internet. There wasn't a single night of my 4 night stay that I had a solid connection. I wasn't able to do any work and kept getting the same answer of, "We are working on it" or, "We'll reset it for you. That should fix it.".
4 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Not what we expected."
The hotel was very used and nothing like the photos. We were willing to pay for the first night just to cancel our reservation for 3 nights.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"Wish i could stay longer"
I stayed at GrandStay 2 weeks and it was great, it was all conveniences of home with room service! I felt safe, it was quiet, convenient just all around great experience.
4 night trip Nov 18, 2013