All hotels in Oxnard, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2211 E Gonzales Rd, Oxnard, CA, 93036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Ask for a room away from the pool.."
I am a business traveler and have stayed in this hotel approximately 8 times in the past year. This is the first time I have travelled with a fellow director and as such was put on the 1st floor with our rooms directly next to the pool. This was disconcerting as the pool I discovered is open till 11p. There was a large party at the pool with loud voices and yelling children. When I asked the front desk at 10:10p if I could be moved I was told that they were no rooms available and they were sold out for the next night also. When I questioned the hotel mgr. the next morning on why the website advertised rooms available, I was told that it was "my type of room" that was no longer available. Thank heavens for Hotel.com. They contacted the hotel to issue me a refund and booked me at the Hilton 5 mins down the road--slightly more but WELL worth it!
4 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great hotel for family!"
Nice service, clean, huge room (at least mine) and no parking rates. Just the breakfast, which is free, is not a big deal.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2014
Anggie
"Mediocre"
The room was clean and the staff courteous, but I expect that. Queen bed was only size available, and was a killer on by back. I never did get why we were given a room more suitable to someone wheelchair bound. Much of the furniture was removed to accommodate a wheelchair and the bath shower set up with handicap seating and fixtures. I appreciate this arrangement for those needing it, but we didn't nor did we ask for it. Lastly, having lived in Oxnard for over 30 years, I know this neighborhood. Business oriented during the day, "troubled" at night. This was not our first choice (2nd or 3rd either for that matter), best we could find on short notice. Suffice it to say, "we have stayed in much better, and occasionally, somewhat worse".
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Art
very nice hotel, comfortable rooms, continental breackfast lacking in healthy choices, everything was full of sugar so instead we grabbed breakfast on the way to the next stop - would be good for younder families.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Don
My boyfriend & I stayed at this location for one night. It's a no frills hotel, but we enjoyed the breakfast - bagels, fresh waffles & juice. They also had a few choices of cold cereals and pastries. I had read in previous reviews that they serve warm cookies around 6pm. We were in the lobby at 5:55pm & there were no cookies. Returned at 6:45pm & also no cookies. We were a bit disappointed at this as it was one of the facts that drew us to choose this hotel. It was a bit pricey for you get (could have stayed in a much nicer hotel for around the same price), but it got the job done & we were only there for one night.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Suite Stay!"
will def. check in this place again. had a last minute trip and our suite was a great size with the sofabed which helped out
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"rating misleading"
I stayed here because of the 4.0 rating but it was no where near that. I rate it a 1.5-2.0. The customer service could use some improvement. The rooms can use better housekeeping and clean towels without brown stains. Parking lot can use security to stop all the drug dealing from happening. Needless to say I will not be staying here or recommending this place to anybody I know.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
As far as a first impression of the facility,the facade of the building is very attractive and the lobby area was welcoming. The front desk staff was friendly & efficient. We were impressed with the size and appointments of the room. It was very fresh, clean & comfortable. The bathroom is quite spacious with lots of counter room. We liked the location of the hotel as it was easy to find off the freeway but not close enough to bother us with noise and traffic. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"At a conference in Ventura"
Overall good experience, great price! Fully contained kitchen.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
TM
"Like a home away from home."
Great experience. I was there for a week and loved the kitchenette to have fresh fruit and water available. The coffee pot was a great touch.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Needs Met"
Picking up our daughter and her husband and daughter in a transition of moving to Hawaii was stressful enough, but GrandStays made the move a little easier by providing our needs perfectly. This was our second stay there and we will return if we are ever in the area again!
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
Ruth
"Nice hotel close to the Freeway"
Located right off the 101 Freeway this hotel was very easy to find for someone like myself that has never been to Oxnard. The hotel parking was small and was frequently used by people going to a gym next door. I however , never had to search for more than a minute to park. The hotel is quiet, besides the occasional loud person walking down the hall and what seemed like thin windows. I could hear the freeway and people outside pretty easy. My room was overlooking the pool and a small negative for light sleepers was what seemed like late night pool hours. A couple of the nights people were out by the pool, loud, until way after 11pm. The hotel WIFI was free and decent available everywhere in the hotel. Overall the room was kept very clean and was a good size for my 5 night stay, Small kitchen was nice however, I never used it. Overall great hotel and I would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay in or around Oxnard,
5 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
3 of us (one couple and one single) stayed in a suite with two bedrooms - both with queen beds - living room and kitchen. For the price, it was a good value. Wouldn't have had as nice for two rooms elsewhere. Beds were not bad - ,many reviews said they were quite bad, but I didn't mind them and I have a bad back. Kitchen wasn't very well equipped - No sponges to wash up with, not a great selection of cookware, no cutting board. Was nice to have grills out by the pool. Staff was friendly and helpful. There was some street noise, but not too bad. Pool and hot tub were good temps and very clean. Overall: Nothing fancy, but clean and pleasant for a good value.
2 night trip May 31, 2014
Anne
Fabulous! And its a Fido friendly hotel. My girls loved the pool. We all enjoyed a healthy breakfast and headed out for soccer. Hotel front desk was extremely helpful and accommodating. Very nice area.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Cathy
"A great place to spend the night."
Outstanding rooms, wonderful service. Bonus stars to the guy who checked me in for remembering me when i stayed there again. They go out of their way to make you happy.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
friendly staff,I reserved the two bed suite.It was nice but not as comfortable as other suites that I have stayed at before for the same price or less than here at the grand stay.would recommend to friends if it's a one to two night stay.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
jessica
"Don't get "Handicapped" unless you need it"
Basically, a clean and comfortable place to stay. However, I should have paid more attention to a prior guest review about the Handicapped rooms. They will place you in these rooms without telling you in advance. While good for wheelchairs, the tables are very high and not easy to work on if you have a laptop. No counter space in the bathroom or shower to place personal items so you'll have to use the counter in the kitchen. Recently stayed in a regular room which was better. Also, they have coffee makers in the rooms, but never provide coffee cups. (I guess that saves on coffee.) Breakfast a notch below most other hotels.
1 night business trip Mar 5, 2014
Traveler
"Good value for $"
Great price for a one bedroom suite. Loved the way we were accommodated, when I asked for a crib and some packages of honey for my baby's cough. Small breakfast area, and uncomfortable sofa bed were my only complaints. But overall, nice place to stay!
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
Charlotte
Our toilet seat moved, but pleasant stay overall.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
"Nice hotel near Malibu and oxnard beaches."
Everything was good..Front desk manager was good in giving sufficient extra time for checkout. Breakfast good, but some extra additions would make things delightful. Cleaning people were great. Only thing is bed could have more comfortable.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
"Family Visits"
This was a perfect place to stay to visit family in Camarillo. We slept six adults, each couple with privacy in a 2 bedroom suite. Great to have the complete kitchen. Hot tub pool area is small - but does the trick. We went in several times. Playground for younger kids means family friendly, also non smoking. Only down side was breakfast service. Day one OK breakfast burritos and beans, day two those gross eggs. But cereal and bagel options OK. Coffee and tea good and a 7 - 11 store next door to walk to at night. Neighborhood safe and industrial - but not a pretty view. But so convenient to get quickly on to the freeway. I will advice others coming to the area that this is a great choice.
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2013
"Lots of little perks to this hotel"
I love a hotel with kitchenettes that give you a few more options in terms of bringing your own food, being able to heat it up, and also refrigerating items. Plus the free hot breakfast each day is convenient and the hours are perfect. The coffee and OJ (tastes like Tang) aren't great, but something like that can be easily fixed if management pays attention to reviews. Sunday morning we had a quiet staff person making sure things were stocked up, but Monday was a different woman -- I feel badly for forgetting her name -- and she was managing the breakfast the last time we stayed here, earlier in the year. Super friendly and does a great job. The guy who checked us in was nice, and the only issue we had was that we got locked out of our room the morning we were to check out. It wasn't check-out time yet, but somehow the cards wouldn't work. A maintenance person was on the floor and helped out by going downstairs and getting another card. It's a modest place that is comfortable with nice-size suites. We would definitely stay here again.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
"The WiFi is nonexistent!"
If you are traveling for business, I would look elsewhere. The room was pretty good, but these days, business professionals expect reliable access to the internet. There wasn't a single night of my 4 night stay that I had a solid connection. I wasn't able to do any work and kept getting the same answer of, "We are working on it" or, "We'll reset it for you. That should fix it.".
4 night trip Dec 9, 2013
"Not what we expected."
The hotel was very used and nothing like the photos. We were willing to pay for the first night just to cancel our reservation for 3 nights.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
"Wish i could stay longer"
I stayed at GrandStay 2 weeks and it was great, it was all conveniences of home with room service! I felt safe, it was quiet, convenient just all around great experience.
4 night trip Nov 18, 2013
Cara
Very clean and well maintained. Close to several restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
"Comfort"
I've stayed here many times before and I must say I intend to keep coming back whenever I'm in the area! I always have a good night sleep here, I can enjoy the comfort of their Kitchenette and the staff if always friendly. Some of the rooms I've stayed in however at some point could use a little TLC (wallpaper and light fixtures a little dinged up) but nothing that disrupted from my stay. I enjoy it everyone and it helps that they always have breakfast.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
Xtine
Great for our needs. The beds can be a little better quality. This is our second stay at this hotel and the Staff have been warn, friendly and professional.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Solid commuter or "pit stop" hotel"
The hotel is located just off the 101 near grocery stores and chain restaurants. It was comfortable and each suite has a full kitchen. The bedroom is tiny, but the extra suite space makes it OK. Breakfast was decent (toast, hard boiled eggs, a few hot breakfast items) but Best Western has a better breakfast. Overall, very utilitarian and pleasing.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Mel
"Overall loved the place"
Except shady characters walking about the front and not so helpful desk clerk it was great!
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
Patty
"Very nice hotel"
This hotel made me feel like I was at home! Very clean and great service. And they include actual breakfast, not just donuts and coffee. Definitely recommend this hotel!
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Guillermina
"No towels for 1/2 the day"
Horrible---
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"Overall, a good stay."
Was here for a dog show, everything was nice, my only issue was that the bed was too soft for my liking, leaving me with a sore back.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Grand Stay for one night."
The hotel was very nice and clean. The mattress was not as comfortable as I expected.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Not a fan!"
You have to ring bell at front desk to get service when you first check in... Not impressed at all with customer service. Room was dingy... Shower head looked as if it never once was cleaned. Walls were like cardboard, could hear everything!
2 night business trip Jul 3, 2013
"Quiet location and close to restaraunts."
We chose this hotel for the extra room and beds they offer. The room was clean with a lot of living space, however the sofa bed was not very comfortable. They rarely are anyway and we were able to use extra pillows on it to make it work. The breakfast wasn't too bad and saves time. The room had a full kitchen so, you could make your own if you wanted to.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
We were totally satisfied with the staff and the way we were treated. The only thing I observed was I think that the Hotel could definitely use some updating in the rooms. I just think that carpets and bathrooms could use a little modernizing. Overall, our experience was good. From our initial greeting until we checked out we were definitely treated like special guests.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
"Handicap Room"
This is my third time staying at this hotel. This time I stayed in a handicap room. I prefer the other style of room. The main thing was the bathroom. There was no place to put shampoo or soap in the shower, there was not a vanity to keep anything like toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. All that had to be kept in the kitchen area. This room also had a small fridge where the other rooms had a full fridge. Other than those things, it was a pleasant stay! Used the pool and the grill out near the pool this time too. That was a nice feature!
3 night business trip May 28, 2013
EricL
"Bautiful Hotel"
They charged me an extra charge of 20.00 when we got there we never used the phone and the parking was supposed to be free and when I asked they said it was just a deposit and it was never returned. It was beautiful trip and a wonderful hotel just was surprised that I had to pay more out for the stay.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
CHRISTY
"big gym next"
pleasant stay. loved the playground for kids
1 night trip May 18, 2013
"Nice hotel with a perfect location!"
My fianc� and I stood here because we were spending our anniversary weekend in Santa Barbara. The rates for the hotels in Santa Barbara were ridiculous! We also needed a pet friendly hotel. So I found this hotel online and decided to book. The hotel is very well kept. It's very nice. Our room was a one bedroom. We had a full kitchen. The hotel provided pots and pans. As well as bowls, plates, and silverware! That was very convenient. The hotel is in a perfect location as well. The surrounding neighborhood is very nice. Right next door there is a 711! Up the street is the main st with tons of restaurants, stores, and gas stations. The freeway is only a few miles away as well. This is the ideal hotel. Our only complaint is that the walls are a bit thin. We heard our neighbors talking late at night. Other than that we are totally pleased. We didn't partake in the complimentary breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. I do want to mention that the staff is very helpful. Santa Barbara is just a 40min drive. I did not mind due to having a great hotel to make up for it!
Other trip May 2, 2013
traveler t
"Very Nice Hotel Close to shopping and dining."
I was quite satisfied with this hotel. My room had a separate bedroom with a Queen sized bed. I would have like a King sized bed, but the Queen size was fine. It had a full size refrigerator, microwave, and stove as well as a TV in both rooms. The breakfast was not great, but did have a pretty good selection. The location was quiet and had a gym next door. There was also plenty of restaurants and stores within a couple of blocks. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. They also had a washer and dryer you could use. I would definitely stay here again.
5 night business trip Feb 24, 2013
"Great Value"
We stayed here for a small group "retreat". The rooms were clean and comfortable, nice beds and excellent kitchen facilities in room. Everyone was surprised at the complementary breakfast - we enjoyed delicious breakfast burritos, eggs, bacon, waffles, yogurt and cereals. They had coffee in the lobby 24/7. This place was a bargain in a great location.
Other trip Mar 2, 2013
"Sucked"
Management need more training on how they communicate with their customer. Customer services sucked royally. Rude and disrespect on the way they appearch customer n the tone of voice that is used. Over all the rooms are beautiful but management needs to be trained on communication. I've been a manager for three years in retail and I've never spoke to my customers or employees in a way that would come off rude or disrespected in anyway that would cause a customer not to want to come back. I will not refer or want any services from this motel again.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2013
Grand Stay
We had a very nice stay, the staff was very nice and helpful. We will stay here again.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2013
"Good spot for a stopover"
The staff were nice and helpful, rooms were clean with toiletries from Bath and Body Works, the guest laundry worked well, and they even sell dog bowls in the vending machine!!!
1 night trip Feb 15, 2013
"Best Suite"
best hotel for the price. I recommend this for 2 or more couples staying in the room.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
Les
"Good but needs cleaning"
Carpet, bathroom, bed linens were very clean, though the room sizes were good, and breakfast was good too.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2012
"In an emergency situation"
We had our main line break during thanksgiving. After all the calls to plumbers and clean up we called Grandstay. They understood this was an emergency and were very helpful in putting our rooms next to each other with one of them being an handicap room for my mother. The rooms were fantastic, the staff was friendly and more than accommodating during our 5 day stay. I will use them again for both business and leisure as they now have my business!
2 night trip Nov 24, 2012