All hotels in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States of America
30 Olive Ave, Rehoboth Beach, DE, 19971, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.3
    2.1
"Weekend away"
Great getaway but rained the entire time
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
kim
"definitely an odd experience"
Excellent location, but the place needs a serious overhaul. It was less expensive than the other hotels in the area, but overpriced for what it is. Didn't mind the small room as much as the damp and dirty sheets.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Nice Stay"
The owner or manager was super friendly and hospitable. The location excellent. But it is an old place and no frills. Just a good safe spot to lay your head.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Sherese
"Quick weekend get away"
It was a spur of the moment last minute trip. However my expectations of how the hotel and rooms would be was alot more than. What it was. There is no parking anywhere. I paid 40 dollars for a city parking pass, parked 5 blocks from the hotel and had to walk, once I made my way up a stair well I opeed the door to my room which was nothing more than the size and lay out of a college dorm. It gave me the creeps. But the area was great just a short walk to the beach
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Decent place to just sleep"
Great location, served it's purpose as far as just needing an inexpensive place to stay. Wouldn't have wanted to spend much time in room we were on the go the whole time and only went back for sleeping. Room very very tiny only fit bed. Microwave and fridge dirty did not use them. Bed seemed clean enough sheets and towels smelled like bleach but did have marks of mascara ect. Could easily be stepped up by cleaning better and a fresh coat of paint. But we got what we paid for, close to everything and cheap. Not the best for a family or group due to size.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"summer place w norman bates..."
My wife and I thought, it was really small room for 2 person stay, would have been okay for 1 person. The hotel attendant was not a people person at all...somewhat rude...
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"not my ideal"
fine except room was cold and not cleaned..blankets were dingy no security as doors didnt meet
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Perfect stay."
The Hotel was perfect and close to everything we did enjoyed very much and we will use the same hotel in the future we intend to visit again maybe next october we will definatelly use it again. Thanks.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Lydia
"Never going there again"
There was no staff to ever greet or speak to! The "office" was locked the first 24 hours. They left my keys out side for late pick up, which was fine. When I called to confirm what was consider late the guy was rude on the phone, didn't let me finish what I wanted to ask. I only went because my money was non refundable. When I got there it was cold. We had to turn on the heaters and leave to let the rooms heat up. The room needs some major upgrades including furniture and painting. There was never someone to speak to when the office was unlocked the lights were office and the door had a ding when we entered. No one ever came to see what we may have needed. I rang a bell on the desk and no response. I could not rate the staff because I never met staff. Once I came in I heard children playing upstairs but no one ever came down. Poor customer service. I hope they put my money to good use and hire someone to greet professionally or paint. Honestly, I don't know who would return to stay there. I would stay here again even if it were offered for free! Thanks but no thanks
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Veronica
"quaint little hotel very close to the beach."
pre-paid for room. easy check in and check out. staff was pleasant. room was cute though small, however, it was exactly what we needed. smelled like the beach! room was clean and bed was quite comfortable. i would definitely stay at the Summer Place again! -Natalie Shepherd-
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Natalie
"Nice little home feel hotel"
when booking and planning your stay they will charge you the rate you book for on your card at the time when you book!
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"We stay at the summer place every year."
Affordable and close to the beach. A bit small, but you can't beat staying so close to Rehobeth.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Anthony
"Do not expect the Ritz"
Overall, it suited the needs of an inexpensive, last minute, two night get away. It was in walking distance of everything; the beach, boardwalk, shopping, food, etc. It would definitely be more enjoyable if the proprietor took more care and concern over those who clean the rooms and facility. While in the room the first morning they were cleaning, the older woman had spent most of her time talking on her cell phone to her husband who was cleaning a very expensive and nice private rental across the street. I had wondered where the blaring music was coming from and found that her husband made himself at home while cleaning the private rental. The woman brought her teenage children to help; they were no more better at cleaning than mom was. Our room was "clean" on the surface. However, if you inspected any further, it was not as clean as I would keep my own home. The bed is "firm". The sheets appeared as if someone had slept in them and not changed. (Found someone elses hair on pillow and in between sheets.) The water did not stay warm very long for one shower. Also, I am all about conservation however, when I saw that they hang their towels in the back on the 2nd floor balcony under trees, I was not impressed. Definitely bring your own towels. Should the proprietor realize what a gem he has and what a new cleaning crew and some new cosmetics be done, he'd have a gold mine!
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
DE Travels
"You get what you pay for"
Overall it's a fine place for the cost, after all im going to rehoboth to go to the beach and it's only a block away from the sand.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"adequate"
Cheap, no frills, clean, very short walk to the beach. Went off season so parking was not a issue. For a 1 night stay all we needed was a bed that was clean. That was provided. Place shows it's age. More a boarding house than hotel. No staff to speak of, just a front desk clerk who cheerfully provided me with my key.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"Disgusting"
Extremely small (not what was shown in pics) smelled like urine, fridge covered in mold, loud, owner was extremely rude (wouldn't help anybody) we actually had to help another guest check in because he slammed the door in their face. Cockroaches seen in the lobby. ONLY nice thing was location... beach was a 2 minute walking distance as well as boardwalk and most bars and food places. No parking anywhere also. If you have a half a brain you wouldn't let your sworn enemy stay here. Also there were a million printed out signs taped to the doors to maintain your own cleanliness and clean up before your check out. I personally didn't bother especially after walking into a non carpeted room with sand all over the floor and mold up and down the shower curtain. And literally only 5 minutes of hot water for showering before it turned to ice.
3 night romance trip Sep 12, 2014
Joshe
"blocks away from everything"
If your looking for a nice hotel this is not it, great location, but spend more for a better place, lights didn't work TV remote didn't work very small shower very small rooms, very old place
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2014
"Flop house in a hurry"
While the manager really did try his best, it is difficult to manage rude and drunk people pounding on the front door to get in at 3:30 am. This continued until someone got up out of their bed and let the jerk in. The hotel is equivalent to staying in an old college dorm.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Nice proxility to Board Walk & Rehoboth Avenue"
Overall, comfortable, clean and very reasonable mid-week rate. Definitely "no frills" which can be good. Hotel is 1 block from the board walk and beach and two blocks to the main street. Pretty much, all attractions and facilities are within a convenient walking distance. Know that if a traveler is a late arrival, the keys are left in envelopes outside of the front office door (1st Street side). This info may not be on the website. It was not explained when a notification call was attemped. Phone calls to the office are not returned in a timely manner. The manager's cell can only be reached in an emergency and then only by leaving a voice mail.
3 night business trip Sep 2, 2014
"TOTAL DISSAPOINTMENT!"
TOTAL DISSAPOINTMENT! PLEASE READ! I have never left a negative feedback in my life. I better be quiet than hurt somebody. However, this was too much. I stayed here two nights in July 2014 for which I paid a total of $399.60 – not cheap. The floor was filthy, the walls dirty, the bedding for the sofa was damped and smelled like urine, the bathroom smelled gross, the AC unit in the bedroom didn’t have a knob so we could not make it work, the window did not stay open, the sofa was so squeaky that it was impossible to sleep on it. We slept on our beach towels on the floor. But here is the worst of all: Almost a month and a half after my stay, I received a citation from the City of Rehoboth for multiple unpaid fines at $100.00 each received while parked at this hotel. The owner of the hotel showed me my parking spot the moment I arrived and he gave me a hotel parking permit to put on my dashboard. For about a day and a half I did not move my car from that spot, which was quite in front of the entrance under the main deck. It seems the parking indicated by the owner was a bluff and “miraculously”, all the fines placed on my windshield during my stay disappeared. I was not aware until yesterday that I was fined while parked there. I tried to have an explanation with Dan, the owner of the so called hotel, but he simply hang out when he realized I am calling with a complaint about parking. DO NOT BOOK AT THIS HOTEL. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"A bit cramped, but okay."
The room was very tiny, but clean. Bed was comfortable. If you're looking for ambiance, look elsewhere. Owner comes off a bit brusque and unwelcoming at first, but seems to loosen up a bit when giving information about the area. Close proximity to beach and surrounding neighborhood nice and well kept.
3 night romance trip Aug 29, 2014
Sharen & Ed Dowdy
"WORST "hotel" I have ever stayed. Stay away."
After reading the reviews I should have known what I was getting myself into. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt and I still give it a try to this hotel since the location was perfect. The rooms are very tiny, the bed is hard as a rock and very uncomfortable to sleep in, the bedding sheets look like do not get change often or at all. The AC barely works and the customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. Not to mention that the hotel is way overpriced for what it offers. My recommendation, stay away from this hotel. Previous reviews are 100% correct.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
JC
"Experience a Beach Hotel from YESTERYEAR!!!!!!"
I really enjoyed the Hotel. It was like walking back in time to the Old Beach Houses of the 50s and 60s......I loved it..........It was Quaint, and just a great experience..... The Inn keeper was very friendly. This was my second time and I will definitely come back.I ts right by the beach and resturants.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
"Nice night at the beach"
Was great we could find a bed and room one block from the boardwalk for our last minute one night stay. A step above camping out
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"Simplicity at its finest"
The Summer Place is definitely for people who are looking for a place to sleep and shower and that's about it. This is exactly what my husband and I were looking for and the reviews were helpful in finding a reasonably priced, clean place to rest out heads at night. Everyone was very kind and helpful if we had questions or concerns. Parking was free if you parked on a non metered street which was also nice. Overall I enjoyed our stay at the Summer Place.
3 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Trisha Marburger
"Only for the young or those on a tight budget"
Definitely affordable and we picked it because of its proximity to the beach. Other than that, a bit too basic and rough around the edges for us Boomers. Paper thin walls and tiny shower. Our neighbors were not rowdy at all, but conversations could be heard as if we were all in the same room! Built in 1905 and only the most basic of upgrades have been done since then. Staff was very nice and rooms were cleaned well.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Find another hotel"
Stop looking at this place and find another hotel. Seriously, find another hotel.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"Close to beach"
Parking a problem. Double room pokey. Reasonably proved for the area.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
"A summer place"
Well, the single room with the King bed is a little cramped. Ya got to scramble for a parking space. But after that, you won't need a car. (Everythings in walking distance). Huge thing is you can stay here for the week for the price of three days somewhere else! That leaves a lot of mad money to have fun on. Will be back next year.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"TERRIBLE!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!"
Absolutely horrble. No place to park, the owner did say hi or welcome - miserbale. Made us park in a tight spot with big jeep and we dented the front of it trying to fit! So worried about the car next to us hitting us because if they wanted to get out they definitely would have hit us! Couldnt find our room so when I came back down the stairs and told the owner we couldnt find it and asked if he could show me he said no! Who does that? Get into the room and its got stains on the wall, old bedding and furniture NO AIR CONDITIONER turned on after a hot day at the beach so we had to turn it on and wait for our room to get cool, AND there was NO HOT WATER. We couldn't take a shower. Absolutely ridiculous and when we told the owner he did say sorry for the inconvenience or anything. Thats not how you take care of customers, at least apologize. We wanted to leave right then and there after ALL that and he wouldnt give us a refund. No HOT WATER and no refund. Ill never go back and I warn everyone else NOT TO EVER GO!
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2014
UPSET
"GREAT location..."
Great place if you need somewhere to sleep and shower. This place has character. Don't expect a valet, room service, a bell hop, some one to carry your bags or an elevator. Great location for a great price.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
likedit
"if only price matters"
It's probably the best price for a hotel where you can walk to the beach, the boardwalks and shops. However, there is a difference between bare-bones, which can be fine, since you're out all day anyway, and poorly maintained bare bones, which this is. And...they don't go out of their way to be accommodating.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Not very good"
The hotel was close to the beach but overall it was extremely disappointing. The parking was bad and there was no hot water. I wouldn't recommend it.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"N/A"
Not good experience with the Hotel or the management
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Ms .B
"Bad"
30 min to check out because staff was unavailable and could not be reached. All electrical equipment in room was unplugged. Air conditioning unit controls broken.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Convenient and reasonable rates"
The stay worked out fine. The room was very small, but was what we expected. The rates were reasonable and the owner was accomodating. The location was close to everything.
3 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
Served its purpose location was perfect!
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Tami
"It was all right it could have been better ."
We had to walk 2 miles to find a parking spot. We got a parking ticket.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
dana
"this place sucks!"
It was horrible. The rooms are the size of shoe boxes. This is not a family friendly place. Rooms were damp and the bathroom smelled like urine. The shower isn't big enough to turn around in let alone lather and rinse. The gentleman operating the front desk was the worst at explaining the parking details. Also parking permit must leave a $40 cash deposit at the front desk that is not listed on the website. however the sign on the room door said $35. Never again!
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2014
"Dont stay here"
You have to park 5 blocks away of pay meter parking. Hotel manager answers the front desk in his underwear. Dont bring kids here. This place is so sub-par, Hotels.com should remove this listing
5 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"interesting"
this is not a hotel but a boarding house
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"Rehoboth dive"
This place is a dump!!! Great location, but the rooms are tiny, poorly kept, and dirty feeling. Towels are dried on a line on the roof, outlets are burnt, floors sticky, stained. If you're looking for a youth hostel type place this will work, otherwise fork out the extra $$$ to have a clean safe room.
2 night trip Jul 31, 2014
DSC
"Worst experience"
This hotel is dirty and it was a worst hotel that I have ever stayed in my whole life. I'm surprised that they are still in business, room size is smaller than bathroom everything is dirty around and smells terrible, the owner or receptionist refused to upgrade our room give us a bigger one and at least cleaner one, but I think that all other rooms look and smell the same. It was a terrible experience. People don't go there it is worth it to pay more for clean and not a bathroom size room, witch is actually smells like a bathroom as well. We booked a hotel for three nights but after one night we run away and refunds are not available.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
Rimas
"disgusting"
close to the beach however the rooms are so small and unclean. pictures are not even close to what room looks like.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
j
"For the price its great"
Its great for the price, i like that they have solar panels and care for the environment. Cozy could use a refreshing of paint but ur at the beach all u need is a bed and a roof
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"A simple stay for the buck..."
If you're looking for a place to keep your things and have a bed to sleep this place is good for the basics. It is not a luxury stay by any means. The location is great, near the boardwalk and beautiful beach houses. It's a small place but the manager keeps things pretty short and simple. I wish the shower I had there was warmer but other than that I can't complain.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Sharli
"One block from the beach!"
It is a basic no-frills place to sleep in order to be close to the beach. the deck is a nice place to eat and write. The off street parking was helpful.
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2014
Annette
The hotel was the worst accommodation we ever stayed in this country. It's really substandard and virtually no room service provided. The place is very dirty , rooms are very small and the folding bed malfunctioned. The only positive thing about this place is a close proximity to the beach and food shopping.
3 night trip Jul 20, 2014
"The worst hotel I ever stayed in"
This is by far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. It seemed like management as well as employees at the hotel really don't care about the guest that stay there. We had no hot water in the hotel for hours.. The baseboard of the bed fell off-the-wall. I went down to the front desk and no one really cared...if you read thisdo not stay at the Summer Place hotel.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Robert Williams
"Summer of '42"
Sing with me: "There's a summer place..." A perfect little guest house. I loved it. It offered a clean, comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. That's all I need in a hotel. A block from the beach and two blocks from the main shopping/dining district. I'll be back. Definitely!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014