All hotels in Taos, New Mexico, United States of America
125 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte, Taos, NM, 87571, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"The Right Location"
The Inn is old and funky, but charming and vibrant and clean. Close to the most of the galleries. The staff at the desk were great. We were glad to find ourselves not in the main building's rooms but in a unit directly behind. Ours was quite old. You had to duck down with low doorways. Fireplace with wood supplied. Nice. A more up date group of similar adobe style buildings behind. We suspect the rooms in the main inn building were small. The live music was great, nice bar. Didn't try the restaurant. Some good eating choices near by. We would try them again.
1 night trip Oct 27, 2013
"If you like historic . . ."
Then staying here a no brainer! If prefer new & modern, probably not
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Kate
"Convenient location"
It was clean for an old place. There was no Wifi in our room for the entire stay and they couldn't figure it out. Smallest cups of complimentary breakfast coffee we have ever seen at a hotel! Location is the plus because you can walk anywhere. Would probably stay somewhere else next time.
2 night trip with friends Oct 20, 2013
Miss M
"Nice place to stay in Taos. Conveniently located."
The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Nightly entertainment in the lounge is great considering the town shuts down around 6PM.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Ellie
"Great Central Location"
Lots of history there. Very convenient to everything. Staff very helpful and friendly.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Toni
"Loved the Taos Inn"
It was a one night stay, but it was great, as we sat in the balcony, looking down at the lobby as music was played. Loved it.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Jess Aragon
"In the Heart of Taos"
Great fun to be had in the "living room" of Taos. Charming heart of thehistoric site. One caveat that is not mentioned in their publicity: There is live music 7 nights per week, lasting until 10:00 pm. It can be VERY LOUD. If you do not think you would enjoy having your bed and walls vibrate, make sure you get a room that is not in the main building.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
calnan
"Convenient, but noisy."
Very convenient if you are going to Taos for the Wool Festival in October. Our room was right behind the lobby and was very noisy. Very loud guests were in the next building and didn't quiet down until I called the front desk at 12:30 am. I can't help feeling like the worst room was given to us due to the online booking. I may be wrong about that, but I would skip this place if you are looking for peace and quiet.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"The Taos Inn - my first stay since 1980"
I had to book this as I had last stayed in 1980 on a family ski trip. Much has occurred since then including renovations to the Inn. We had a room in the main building at the top of the stairs on the right side, so we could sit at the 2nd floor balcony and look over the rail to enjoy the nightly music. Our room was cozy to say the least but adequate. The bathroom was nice. The furniture could use upgrading, and the A/C - fan - etc. was noisy when used. The front desk and bar staff was terrific, helpful making dinner recommendations for other restaurants than Doc Martin's. Glad to return as a hotel guest. Location is the best! Steps to the plaza, Kit Carson Rd., etc.
2 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2013
Charlotte
"Historic ambience was enjoyable"
Very well located- enjoyed the Adobe Bar with free entertainment- a welcoming gathering spot
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
LF
"Great location and nightly entertainment"
My 2nd time to Taos and my 1st at Taos Inn. Will return this winter.
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Liz
"Walk to shops, etc."
We like this hotel for its historic bent. The lobby music makes for a fun environment. If you need to get to bed early ask for a room away from the lobby.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Right in middle of Taos"
This is an ideal place to stay, either to visit Taos (central location of hotel) or just to enjoy the excellent bar and restaurants, and live music at the hotel.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"Hotel has some really BAD rooms"
For th price we got thru Expedia, we got a room facing lobby. There was live Live music from 7 to 10 nightly in the lobby, and we could not relax. Room was hot. Fan was too noisy to turn on. Opened window, but street light was shining in our eyes as we tried to sleep. Last, the phone message light blinked the entire time we were there. Management could not correct this.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Very nice place, great room and patio area for relaxation, would stay there again.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"Favorite"
The Taos Inn is my favorite place to stay in Taos. I stay here 3-4 times a year. I like the nightly entertainment and the food is great!
2 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Very nice. Central."
Very comfortable accommodations with good entertainment in the evening. Differenet places to sit outside and inside where you can be by yourself or with 2 or 3 other people. Close to square for shopping and browsing as well as an assortment of places to eat. No need to get in the car and drive.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Nita
"Nice hotel - quiet & close!"
We were pleasantly surprised at the lovely grounds & room. We drove to The Treehouse for an excellent dinner - and realized that it was within walking distance. We were close to lots of shopping and dining. The room was clean & comfortable. It would have been nice if there had been something other than benches (like tables & chairs) outside the rooms to sit and enjoy the beautiful courtyard. Found the desk clerk was not over friendly about getting ice for ice bucket - she had to walk into the bar to do so. It would have been nice to have an ice machine available and we wouldn't have to bother the desk clerk.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Eye Yah
"Poor breakfast , etc."
Thought that the wooden floors were dirty. We had a very unsatisfactory breakfast at your restaurant.. . hash browns were raw. Waiter did not give us coffee refills. When we called for room service in the morning 6:45 am he said that we couldn't get coffee in the hotel. We asked where the nearest Starbucks was and he said maybe at the Square!,, we later found out that you serve Starbucks coffee,! My husband went down and brought up a pot full of coffee himself. There were no cups for water in the room either
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Simply the Best Place in Taos"
I stay at the Taos Inn 3-4 times a year and I always feel like I'm coming home.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Bruce
"Nice character, small room"
We stayed in room 201, which was a double bed. The room was authentic with a kive fireplace. It was pretty small, but we were only going to stay one night.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Excellent value and experience"
We were very happy with the quality and the character of the Historic Taos Inn. We had a room with a shared balcony/walkway accessible only to those were staying in those rooms. The balcony had a few tables and chairs and overlooked the main room, in which there were nightly musical performances, which generally went from 8 pm until 10 pm. The acts were varied and of high quality - the first night was a bluegrass band from Texas, the next an alternative acoustic/electric group from Kalamazoo Michigan, the third night a guitarist who was both talented and entertaining. It was nice to be able to walk out the door of our room and sit at a table and enjoy the performances. There were other rooms off the main room, some nicely appointed with furnishings and fireplaces. The room we were in was a little used but comfortable and clean. The location puts it within walking distance of the central plaza, as well as the Taos Pueblo (if you like to walk) and by one our favorite restaurants in Taos - the Tiwa Cafe, adjacent to the Taos Pueblo.
3 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Party with the locals here"
This is a living room for the town with festive, live Music to keep you entertained in the evening. A tired and worn building with an inviting Bohemian crowd who are friendly! Friendly bartenders.
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
ric
"Taos"
We had a great stay in Taos. We loved staying at The Historic Taos Inn. We loved the look and the feel of the hotel and it is very conveniently located next to the center with lots of shopping in walking distance. The meal at Doc Martins Restaurant was fabulous and the margaritas were delightful! The enjoyed the entertainment at the Adobe Bar. Our entire trip was very relaxing!
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Old historic hotels"
It was nice.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"Overpriced but good location. Has Zippy lost his z"
Brunch service was very slow and waiter didn't tell us there were specials. Zippy the head chef was off his gamep today. No one asked about our stay when we checked out. Staff jumped in front of us to get somewhere when we were walking through the lobby.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
GG
"PERFECT LOCATION CENTER OF TOWN"
Great atmosphere and style to the hotel and rooms, BUT the bed we had was short and small very uncomfortable. I am 6'1 the bed was barley 6' long.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"Great relaxing place"
I picked it because of reviews and am glad I did! Food was excellent, room was clean and quiet; walking to the square was a plus and breakfast in the garden was wonderful!
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
atmosphere great....small rooms and bed...did not like the music till 10
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Great location!"
The stay was wonderful! Hotel is right in the middle of town, within walking distance to all shops and in-town sights. Happy hour at the hotel was a blast! The service was excellent. We could not have asked for a better place to stay!
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2013
"bad a/c"
Only hotel I have ever visited where a/c did not have thermostat. It was either on or off. I was cold until I turned a/c off, then I was hot.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2013
Roger
"Historic Inn"
My single room was very small. Also, there is no elevator in this old building, so I had to lug my suitcase up the stairs. I arrived hungry around 9 p.m. There was no food available. However, I was very pleased with breakfast the next morning. As a vegetarian, I appreciated the tofu scramble.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Dawn
"Charming"
Courtyard Rooms small and not close to parking but charming.
2 night trip Jun 10, 2013
"Don't Pass Up This Place To Stay."
A really convenient and funky place to stay. The highlight was sitting on our patio, drinking wine while listening to the live jazz coming from the bar/lobby. Highly recommend this place.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
""Historic" means "old.""
Over-priced and decidedly ordinary.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2013
"Staff and setting extremely great"
Great value, Great spot and restaurant. Recommend highly
Other trip May 31, 2013
"Fun hotel"
Do not stay in the main building upstairs if they are playing music in the lobby. No elevator so older adults can have an issue if they have trouble walking stairs.
Other trip May 25, 2013
H &M
"Favorite in Taos"
The Taos Inn is my favorite place to stay in Taos. I dont always stay there as the price varies and when it is too high I stay elsewhere. It has a very historic presence and is close to a lot of local attractions. I personally enjoy the music they have most nights, and the food is very good as well.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
Mike F
"We loved it!"
The room was small but cozy. There was a cute patio with a table and chairs outside the room. The staff was great and the location was perfect.
3 night trip Mar 28, 2013
Colby
"Centrally located"
It was okay for one night but the room was very outdated. Very small bed. The lobby area was nice and our breakfast was good. People were friendly.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"Comfortable Historic Inn in convenient location"
Friendly, welcoming staff. Large, comfortable room with wood burning fireplace. Inn has personality and charm not found at chain motels. Has comfortable lounge/bar area with evening entertainment. Food at restaurant was very good. A very pleasant experience and good value.
2 night trip Feb 20, 2013
"Perfect location"
We always like staying at the Taos Inn. The food at Doc Martin's is excellent and the Adobe Bar is a great hangout. We always feel like we are "home" when we are there. It would be nice to have wi-fi in the room and a place to set cosmetic bags in the bathroom other than the floor, but those are minor problems in the overall experience. We especially enjoy the history of the hotel and the convenience of being able to walk to the Plaza and many other places downtown.
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2013
"Taos Inn is the place to stay"
The best place to stay in Taos for sure. A beautiful historic New Mexico building, centrally located in town, that has great service along with a great bar and restaurant. Some of these old rooms can be a bit drafty at night so make sure you warm your bones and have a drink by the fireplace in the bar.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
"Unique and cozy Inn"
We enjoyed our stay and appreciated the uniqueness of the Inn. The room, although keeping with the original era of the time, was updated nicely and the bathroom was great. The restaurant, Doc. Martins, was very enjoyable, food was wonderful and the service was second to none. (Drinks were great also) Our last night in NM we stayed near the airport and we greatly missed the character of the Inn we had enjoyed in Taos. We would definately recommend and return to the Historic Taos Inn.
Other trip Jan 1, 2013
Darla & Bob
"Not a recommended destination"
Creaking floors, torn carpeting in the room, Rickety old furniture and absolutely no insulation around the windows that allowed freezing air into the room all night. This is an old house that has been converted into an inn, one can hear other people in adjacent rooms and people on the street all the time. Expedia must be more forthcoming in their rating system.
Other trip Dec 23, 2012
"Charming"
Room quite small. However considering the age and era of hotel it was very charming.
1 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2012
Tony
"Fun place to stay"
nice rooms, fun bar, good service.
2 night romance trip Dec 7, 2012
"Great hotel for a weekend get away!"
Loved everything. Fabulous location ******************************
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
MAT
"Close to all must-see sights"
I loved it !!! Very beautiful and felt a little like I was stepping back in time. It is beautifully decorated with lots of colors. If I'm ever back in the area, I will definitely return there.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2012
sandi
"The heart of Taos"
We had a great time! The hotel was quaint and quiet and within walking distance of all the great things Taos had to offer!
2 night romance trip Oct 26, 2012