All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
400 Royal Hawaiian Avenue, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9399

Relaxing stay and kind hotel staff. The sound from the next door was so clear that we woke up at midnight and the parking fee was higher than we expected.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Just like a Courtyard should be!"
If you're familiar with Courtyard by Marriott, you already know what to expect at this hotel. Very clean rooms, comfortable bedding, helpful staff, inviting lobby, etc. For anyone not used to "big city" hotel rooms, be aware that the room is not overly spacious. There was room to walk around the bed and pull the chair out from under the work desk. No bathtub and not a lot of counter space in the bathroom. It's small unless you're used to some place like NYC hotel rooms. The location was great because it was walkable to the great shopping and beaches, but it wasn't in the hustle and bustle of everything. Great little coffee shop, bar and restaurant in the lobby. Valet parking was convenient and quick.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Business Travel
Good location, good facilities. Hotel is a bit old-looking, but serves the purpose for the stay. Rooms are ok, clean and good service. Recommended if you're only looking to stay around the area and move about.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Mariflor
"Close to beaches, horrible parking and costs to oa"
Overall, if you're looking to keep costs down and stay at a nice, clean hotel that's close to the beach, then this is the place. Small unit with small bathroom, no tub - shower only, ok linens, bed was comfortable, unit was clean and that is greatly appreciated. I would stay here again.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Oahu vacationer
"Spend the extra $30 and go to the Hyatt!"
Shower was terrible, no hot water. No room service Patio and view not up to snuff.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha, We regret to hear of your issues on your recent visit with us. We sincerely apologize for the experience and know that we've shared your comments with our management team. At our hotel, we do not have our own dedicated F&B department and room service. On all of our sites, we mention having an on-site Italian restaurant, Spada that serves breakfast and dinner only. Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you on a future visit. Mahalo!
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
We had such a nice visit. This is our second time at this hotel. Our room was on the 14th floor and it was nice and quiet. As seniors we felt the daily parking fee of $33.00 plus tipping was too high. We know tipping is at one's discretion (according to the front desk staff).
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Musical rooms...not chairs! We had to move 3 times"
We found a tick in the first room they gave us. The bathroom was on the outside wall with an open window. The staff was very nice and moved us to another room. That room was a handicapped room but I accepted it anyway. The room did not have hot water. The staff sent an engineer to fix it within 5 minutes. He worked on it and thought it was fixed. The next day when we went to shower, the water was still lukewarm. The engineer came back and said he thought it was the time of day we were taking our shower. Took another cool shower and hoped that the next day it would be ok since we were returning from the beach a couple hours earlier. Also, the balcony door would stick and it would take two of us to open the sliding door. The 3rd day we returned from the beach and the water was still lukewarm. They moved us to another room. That room had hot water both days we were in it. As nice as the staff was to us, I would never go back. The pool outside was not heated and was in the shade so we couldn't use it. The other pool was very hot like a spa and not place to sit. Couldn't use either one.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha, We regret to hear of your unfortunate experience with us. We will be sharing your review with our management team accordingly. We thank you for giving us a chance and hope to earn your trust again in the near future. We will be undergoing renovations beginning on May 4th, and we look forward to the new product to provide to our guests. Thank you for your feedback!
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Fair but cannot compare to others in the area."
WE booked the Courtyard in Honolulu based on a hundred other stays at Courtyards across the country. This place was very dated and the walls had been repainted so many times it reminded me of an old hotel in Florida. The one bedroom suite was deceiving, very small, just a basic room split with a divider. There was no amenities like other Courtyards, just the basics. Cannot compare to others downtown, but based on others I stay at in Asia, the Asian hotels probably are a better value and nicer rooms.
Minnesota group
"Nice hotel in waikiki"
I really just needed a place to sleep and shower for a few days. I trusted the Marriott name and got a great deal on Expedia a t the last minute. Hotel was nice and met my needs. Room was smaller than I thought it would be but since it was just me staying there it was just fine. Walking distance to everything so very convenient
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
duane
Very nice room first night so noisy couldn't sleep,got moved and second night great
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
californian
"Great service!"
The staff were fantastic and gave us a complimentary room upgrade. The lobby is beautiful and so is the pool. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and have great coffee, fridges and microwaves. As far as the location goes, it's close to the mall, Waikiki Beach, the bus stop, restaurants, and clubs. I will stay here again next week and on future visits!
1 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
"Itzy Bitzy"
Hotel was fine in all aspects except room was cubicle size!
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
anthony
"Watch out for unexpected charges"
Good but they put a charge on my credit card that i cant find out what for, as my room was pre paid. very annoying
1 night trip Feb 28, 2015
Joanne
"DIRTY CARPET Rm 229"
We opted to stay for one night in the Kuhio district after coming from Ramada Hotel for 4 nights along Ala Moana Blvd. Ramada was a great accomodation. But our stay for the final night at Courtyard Marriott was very disappointing. Carpet has too much stains and needs to be shampooed well or replaced. Looks disgusting..
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha Danny, We apologize for not being able to provide you with a great lodging experience. We are aware that our carpet is in need of replacement, and we're happy to report that we will be doing that beginning in May starting in the Royal Hawaiian Tower. We hope you have a chance to see the new look on a future visit. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Mahalo.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Danny
"Not a place I would recommend."
As soon as I walked in I noticed the noise level to be very high, drunk people at the bar, carpets and walls were not clean at all. I had stayed at The Outrigger Waikiki for a few nights prior to this and the clientele was worlds apart!!! I guess you get what you pay for. I was so disgusted with this place that I actually reserved a hotel elsewhere and lost all of the money that I paid for this hotel since it was non-refundable. As soon as I got in the room the noise from all of the tour buses below was more than I could stand. It was worth it for me to lose the $130 I paid for the room and to go back to a clean, quiet place where I could truly enjoy Hawaii.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha and thank you for your review. We truly apologize that we failed to provide with a great lodging experience. We will be sharing your comments with our department managers and also with the restaurant management. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"I loved my stay at the courtyard"
I had a great stay at the courtyard, I stayed there for 9 days and have no complaints the staff was wonderful.
8 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
SHELLY
"Friendly staff, great location and value!"
Tatiana at front desk was more professional and helpful than staff at most 5 Diamond places we've stayed. Valet was great too! Can't beat the location for the price.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Reasonable value for the location"
I rated the hotel based on its actual room cleaniness and comfort as I was asked to. I do understand you get what you pay for, and Honolulu hotels are very expensive. The hotel itself is dated. The shower is super small. I am 5' 2" and I have trouble moving around while washing my hair. I feel that the staff did their best but the hotel needs an upgrade. Location is good though, no view but close to shopping and the beach. Again, you get what you pay for and that's why I will still recommend it to anyone who cares about the location but do not want to pay too much. One thing I have to say: their wifi is awesome.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great location, friendly and helpful staff"
The lobby, the pool and the grounds and recently renovated and very modern and attractive. The rooms, however, show their age as the furnshings and fixtures are worn. Our room in the Royal Hawaiian tower was quieter than expected and the staff could not be more friendly.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Greywire4
"review"
The valet was terrible. I had to run in the pouring rain to get my car because they didn't want to do it. They were very rude and I will not be staying here again
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha Karima, Thank you for your review. We are extremely surprised to hear about the behavior of the valet as this is not indicative of their performance and feedback we've been receving from our guests. We will be sharing your review with their management team . We apologize for this behavior and please know it will be addressed accordingly. Thank you again for your feedback.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
Karima
"Not worth the money at all"
Smallest room we have ever stayed at. Lipstick still on cups, coffee cups dirty, bed is very sad and collapsed, you turn in bed and you will roll off the edge because of no support. Didn't sleep at all the first night due to the dis-functional fridge.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha, Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize the lack of cleanliness that was given to your room. Please know we have shared your review with our Housekeeping department for further review. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have another chance to regain your confidence on a future visit . Mahalo.
3 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great service!"
Hotel rooms very small; no breakfast included or complimentary coffee in lobby, parking fees of $33/day not disclosed on hotels.com website.
5 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
J Stephen
"Never Again!"
First, they surprised us with forced valet parking at $33 per day. Then when I requested a late checkout, I was instructed to call the morning of checkout when they knew they would not grant it due to policy. The paint in the room was cracking/peeling. Never again!
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
We apologize for the confusion regarding your parking. We display our valet parking fees on our websites to advise our guests accordingly. Late checkouts are based on availability and occupancy changes on a daily basis and at times we are able to approve these on the day of checkout. Thank you for your comments and we apologize once again for not meeting your expectations. Mahalo.
1 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
"Hawaii Trip"
Great support from the hotel staff. The hotel itself could use some updates to its room furniture and some general repairs, doors in our case.
Other trip Feb 12, 2015
"Good for cheap"
Was great and we did not have to pay anywhere full price.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"The staff was friendly and courteous, But..."
Very disappointed in the room. It was small and I don't believe it had been updated. The carpet was stained, the shower was small and at an angle. The curtains on the deck door were ugly. Paid over $200 per day and was let down. Wouldn't stay here again .
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Cheap. Free internet. Laundry facilities were nice to have. Coffee shop and a restaurant attached . Bar in the lobby was small but nice touch.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Great location and value"
Great location and service. Try to get a room in the main tower. Can't beat the value.
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
Adam
"Nice!"
Friendly front desk. Talked to 3 different people and they were all great. Room was super tiny!!! Great balcony though. Fridge in room was a very pleasant surprise. Location was perfect, right smack in the middle of everything.
1 night trip Jan 24, 2015
Chapalet
"JUST OK"
ROOM WAS OLD AND HAD SLIDER WINDOW ON A COMMON OUTSIDE BALCONY LIKE AN APARTMENT. DIDNT FEEL SAFE LEAVING ANYTHING IN THE ROOM COULD BE BROKEN INTO EASLILY
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Will be back"
Clean, older hotel planning a remodel in the future. We stayed in the tower and it was far enough from the main street so quiet. AC was whisper quiet and efficient. Staff couldnt do enough to please us. Like their efforts to conserve....every 3rd day linen change and recycle cans in the room. Have stayed there before and will definitely go back.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Phyl
"Courtyard on Waikiki Beach"
The check in was quick and the concierge was very helpful in re-arranging the tour to fit our schedule. The restaurant was tasty and priced about average for the area. Only a few blocks from the beach and the main shopping area between the beach and the hotel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice ,but a little tiny"
Price, convenient to stores and beach, and in good condition. Our only objections were the room was tiny, and a little musty. Overall a nice stay. Would stay again.
3 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Very good hotel"
Not enough towels.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Byron
"Dirty, Skanky, Pubic hair (not mine) in bed, etc."
Mostly disappointed in the cleanliness and value for services charged.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha 6yrs, 70%travel, We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issue with your room. Please know this is not indicative of our high standards of service and have informed the appropriate department manager. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we hope to have another opportunity to regain your confidence. Mahalo.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
6yrs,70%travel
"Rooms for a couple ONLY, w/ maybe a small child"
Two large teen boys & I traveled to Hawaii, they were there for first time. Listing said could sleep 4 in each room, that is a joke. Reserved a King w/ queen sofa bed, got a queen w/ a full size MISERABLE, unable to sleep on full size sofa bed.Hotel Does NOT have rollaway beds. I wound up on the wretched mattress on the floor w/ several comforters under me to cushion the prongs of the 3" thick Inner spring mattress. UGH.No one over the age of 9 could sleep comfortably on those sofa beds. Just not possible. Hotel is very limited but the people are great. I would only stay there again if just 2 of us or could afford 2 rooms. Room was clean & in other ways met our needs. Great staff. Not a luxury place by any means but convenient to most everything. On bus lines.
8 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Patrice L
"Nice staff & good location"
Room the size of a closet, king bed the size of a queen and had mattresses stacked to high, The most un comfortable bed I have ever tried to sleep on any movement and the whole bed shook. A/C was all the way on or not cooling. The room was not very clean dirt and debris on floors and hair all over bathroom. Floors were uneven slopeing in all areas, Entry door stuck door needed to be trimed down. I do not do reviews normally but this was one of the worst interisland stays in the last 35 yrs. I have stayed in this hotel in the past and liked the rooms until now. Will not come back unless I hear about new maintenance and units refurbished.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha John, Thank you very much for your comments and review. We apologize we weren't fully able to meet your expectations on this past visit. We do have several improvement projects scheduled for this year to address many of these conditions you described. We will also inform our Housekeeping department to go over their standards with their teams. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have a much better product for you on a future visit. Mahalo!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Small rooms, high prices, shoddy carpet. No worth"
Small rooms, high prices, shoddy carpet. Not worth the price. Best thing about this place is the pool and hot tub. Outside of that it is in need of renovation.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha slx2100, We apologize that our facilities and rooms did not meet your expectations. We do have a refurbishment project scheduled for this year to address the carpet situation which will include the Royal Hawaiian Tower and all of our standard rooms. Thank you very much for your feedback, and we hope you have a chance to see these improvements on a future visit to Waikiki. Mahalo!
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
slx2100
"Overnight in Waikiki"
We had 3 rooms in the older tower of the hotel. Because the elevator was not working properly the cleaning staff did not have any of our rooms ready at the guarunteed check in time. Since we had arrived early and hoped for an early check in for at least 1 room, it was an inconvenience. Other than that it is a decent, clean, comfortable hotel. We got a very good price given its convenient location in Waikiki.
1 night family trip Jan 3, 2015
"Nice clean hotel room"
Staff was pleasant and helpful, we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Nice hotel, terrible service"
The hotel is quite close to the shops and about 3 blocks from the beach, and clean. However, the service was terrible, the people doing the check in were rude, slow (it took forever to get my room). I had to get my own suitcases to the room because they were "too busy". I think the hotel has good facilities, just needs better service
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Natalia
The location was good, but parking was expensive. -Room looks clean, but our white socks got dirty quickly; we noticed a lot more later (bird excrement and tear on the curtains, mildew on shower, makeup on the sheets, and dirty cups in the bathroom (that had paper covers on them). The hand soap was in a wet box too, which makes me think it was used. -Our tower only had one elevator for 13 floors, wait times were long. -On the night we stayed, there was a terrible storm and all the hallway walkways to the units were soaked. There was no way to get to the units without getting wet. -The alarm went off around 9pm telling everyone to get out of the hotel. -I liked the staff. They were very friendly and tried to sympathize with us. Requests for new glasses, towels, shampoo where addressed quickly, as well as a request for a crib for my baby. I also had a problem with my parking billing. I parked for one night but was charged for three-- they took care of that right away without question. -Overall, not a bad place but rooms need to be cleaned better and problems addressed.
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
"nice place for a quick stay"
Nice place, rooms are small, and its not "steps" to the Beach, its 4 or 5 blocks. Nice place, but not on the beach.
1 night trip Dec 30, 2014
"great vacation"
Heidi at front desk was great we had early check in and she was so pleasant she remembered our names .great experience.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
andrea
Hotel is back a few streets from the beach, which made it a great place to stay because it was quite at night. Rooms was clean and updated.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"lodging"
Check in staff very accommodating. Got a handicap room because only one avail for early check in. Bed not in a good spot with air conditioner blowing all night on us. We had o reverse sleeping position so we put pillows at foot of the bed. Would help to relocate the bed, the air conditioner was brutal.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Kay
"Close to shopping"
The staff is excellent and the lobby is nicely updated. The rooms were cramped and not renovated, there was mold in the floor tiles and in the shower. It's a shame they can still charge so much for a nasty room. There is only valet ($$$), I recommend it because there is not very much side street parking. Nice location to the shopping centers and the beach.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Ash
The bed was very uncomfortable. Bathroom very small; no tub, just a small shower.
Response by Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki Beach
Aloha, Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize that our beds did not meet your expectations and our showers were too small for your needs. We continue to work with our ownership group to make enhancements to our product for our guest's enjoyment. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Mahalo.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Decent"
Paid for a suite and was put in one of the older unremodled towers. The room seemed outdated so I went over to check out my friends king size bed standard rate room in the main hotel tower and it was nicer than my room. Make sure you go for the main tower.
1 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2014