All hotels in Bunclody, Ireland
Carrigduff, Bunclody, Wexford, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Irish Adventure"
The hotel staff was very friendly and the outside of the hotel was attractive. However, the rooms need some updating on carpet, bedding and lighting. Overall a good value in a nice little town.
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
great time! staff were lovely and overall good experiance
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"Lovely Hotel"
Hotel was very nice, the food was excellent. Would definitely come back again as the price was very reasonable.
1 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
Edel
"Excellent location and great staff"
My wife and I really enjoyed our five-night stay at the Millrace Hotel in Bunclody, Co. Wexford in September, 2013 while vacationing from the US. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was clean and spacious (just to compare, I stayed at a hotel in Belfast the night after my stay in the Millrace and thought I was in a ship’s cabin by comparison). The Irish breakfast was great with plenty to eat and do try their brewed coffee at breakfast; it was delicious. I also had lunch and dinner there a few times and no complaints there either. The Hotel is reasonably priced and they also have deals with Spa treatments and golf outings. The wifi performance was fantastic and better than any I have experienced while travelling abroad. Again, comparing the wifi speed to the Belfast hotel is like comparing a bicycle to a Maserati. I asked for a quiet room away from the road and pub and we did not hear a sound during our stay. The only complaint I have is in relation to the towels. They really need to buy some new towels as, while clean, they were old, stained and ragged. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel.
5 night family trip Sep 20, 2013

"August getaway 2015"
Perfect
1 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Claire
"First family holiday"
Lovely stay in your hotel. Staff were really helpful and friendly. Dinner was gorgeous both nights we had it with you. Lovely 'familial' atmosphere among staff
3 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
mary
"Discovering a gem."
Stayed longer that anticipated because of delightful surroundings, not to mention discovering the beautiful River Slaney which I unfortunately didn't have time to fish. Staff very pleasant and personable. In fact everyone went out of their way to help. Will return in the near future.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Alan
"Good stay"
Lovely hotel for a business break
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Enda
"Okay but no food after 8.15!"
Felt the hotel was just 'okay' nothing special, staff seemed lovely. Wasn't impressed they stopped serving food by 8.15 pm in the bar- don't' believe the restaurant upstairs to be open either so ended up having to get takeaway! Leisure facilities were fine although needed a swim hat to use the pool. Wouldn't necessarily return to this hotel.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Del
"Too noisy"
Deafening, took pregnant wife for a break before baby due and she got no rest the music from the bar was that loud til half 12. And the walls are paper thin. Rang about the noise but to no avail
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
matthew
"Very good"
Excellent As usual very friendly staff and good All round service at an excellent price.
4 night business trip May 26, 2015
Rafiq
""Run of the Mill " 3star not 4"
sorry to say that we were disappointed with this hotel . No way would I rate it a 4star. Firstly our room was small and the bathroom in need of refurbishment, the bath panel looked years ago old and the shower wasn't any better. Even the towels provided were tired and grey Looking, never mind the cobwebs on the ceiling. One of the main things about this hotel was their rooftop restaurant ,which was closed for some reason so we had to dine in their bar/bistro which was nothing spectacular and to be honest quality of service wasn't up to standard. Our meal arrived before our bottle of wine which was forgotten about,bad because it wasn't that busy. It was also annoying at breakfast buffet were we had to order our pot of tea after sitting down with our breakfast whereas it is normal course to take the order when shown to your table. Then we had no teaspoons or butter etc and the buffet itself was only ok . We did enjoy our spa experience at the hotel with the lovely Sarann, and the staff in general were very friendly. The food in the restaurant was good although the ambience let it down . Overall we won't be racing back to this run of the mill hotel.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Great hotel to relax"
Hotel was very clean and comfortable but lack of staff during dinner ment or table was forgotten about and basic condiments were hard to come by. Only two servers working even though the restaurant was full and after asking both server's for the salt I had nearly finished my dinner before it arrived almost twenty minutes later other wise the hotel and service provided was excellent
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Alan
"Great staff"
Staff where amazing,great bunch. Made our stay. (sorry I cant remember all their names)
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Eoin
"Great Staff. _ Shame about room"
I will start with a negative comment and end with a positive. We stayed at the Mill Race Hotel 27th and 28th February 2015.Our room was most definitely not four star. It was drab and shabby, mainly because of a stained carpet and drab walls. Tired is an adjective often used to describe hotel furnishings and this was the case in point here. The bathroom was fine except for two very thin, worn bath towels and one thin hand towel. The towels we were given for our second night's stay were not even fit for rags! We did complain and were immediately sent replacements. These were better but not great . The staff were so apologetic but I had the feeling we weren't the first to raise this issue. The hotel bar/ bistro was comfortable but the settees and soft seats were very old and stained . On a positive note, the hotel staff deserve a four star comment. Polite, friendly and helpful at all times . Due to the inclement weather, we ate in the hotel both nights and enjoyed delicious food and four star hospitality. The same excellent service extended to the breakfast experience, very good. So, proprietors, get your act together, spend a little bit on carpets/furniture and towels and don't have your lovely staff having to constantly apologise for something beyond their control.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Margaret
"millrace"
The hotel staff are very attentive at all times and the hotel and facilities were brilliant. There was only one problem and that was the walls between each hotel room were very poor... You could hear the people next door talking or there television as clear as if you were in their room...you could also hear every thing and one in the hallways which was a pity because the hotel itselt was lovely ...
3 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Tony Carlow"
Hotel was comfortable and great value. Service in the restaurant was rather slow as limited staffing. The topfloorrestaurant in the brochures was closed and so mealsin the bar area. Overall would return again as good location for sights of Carlow Wexford area.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Tony
"Great location for walkers !"
The hotel was lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful.....the room was comfortable and spacious......will definitely visit again......
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
"Average"
Stayed here with my husband for one night. Average hotel, nothing memorable about it. Reception & bar staff were friendly . Room was ok needed a good clean though, top of head board was covered in dust and what looked like stains on the walls. It was a Saturday night and the entertainment on in the bar was very good, 2 singers.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"disgusted"
the heating was broken,very cold,
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
teresa
"Different than last year"
Room was cold when we got in at 430 this time is crazy considering you can enter Dublin hotels at 12nd so not impressed.room heating was controlled by manual switch 4 underground heating after 2nd half hours had 2 get staff to put it on. At 6th went to bar 4 a drink and it was very busy with people eating but one bar man on who was run off his feet I really felt 4 him so I was waiting I feel 8 minutes by a watch which is crazy at that time so . Breakfast to us tasted like cheap products so in all we just felt hotel really lacked enough staff to oversea the running smoothly of hotel.but the staff that were there were excellent in their work asking everyone if they were okay did they have all they needed impressed by the staff . I regularly go to hotels and I seldom complain and this is a minor one but i want value 4 my money,so I feel it really does need 2 be addressed as it is a beautiful hotel so I was very disappointed as I was so looking forward to going back x
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
easy going
"Millrace"
Hotel was generally very good and well equipped. Bathroom was a little dated and tired but clean.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"Comfortable"
Room only had a small oil-filled radiator so took a long time to warm up. Looked like some work was being undertaken in other rooms so maybe improved heating was being installed? Nice breakfast. Evening meal good, reasonably priced. Didn't use spa facilities so can't comment.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Gordon
"Hotel review"
Very nice staff, but rooms needed to be renovated.
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Bernice
"Will come back g8 experience"
Only hot water was coming from shower which was really very hot. Can't adjust it.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"second time here"
I like the hotel and the location. The meals in the restaurant are very good, and everyone is very accommodating. I find here, and at most UK hotels, that the hall noise really finds its way into the rooms. but the bed, bath and room was great.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
JJ
"Booked double room but got twin room"
Informed staff on check-out of error with room and was surpried that they did not offer me anything for the inconvenience caused. Was awake very early from music playing in the hotel. The only good thing about this hotel was its location
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"good location excellent facilities"
Overnight stay enroute would use again. Pleasant stay. Food okay in bar but waitied ages to get waiters attention.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
cath
"Relaxation"
This was a great choice of location; the area is beautiful and interesting and helped give a badly needed recharge to the batteries. The hotel helped to do this. The pool and health facilities were excellent and the atmosphere relaxed quiet and calming. I found the food a little expensive; but there are many alternatives that can take the sting out this.
2 night romance trip Sep 3, 2014
Enda
Areas of the hotel badly need updating but overall we enjoyed our stay.had to move rooms initially as we were over the fans and had a constant vibration disturbing our sleep. Our stay was somewhat marred by a large group of selfish golfers who were noisy and inconsiderate at times. Several stole our breakfast table 3 times and my husband had to eat his at the bar on one occasion. Staff were friendly and accommodating despite the problems. Furniture in the bar area was old and dirty. Not enough staff in the dining area but the service was still excellent.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
Dee
"Nice comfortable hotel"
Stayed whilst visiting Enniscorthy Great hotel staff really friendly, evening meals very good, breakfast buffet style was OK but as with many buffets food was only warm never hot. Eggs were served on request and were cooked to own requirements
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"First impressions"
When we arrived we were greeted by a receptionist who was nice enough but answered the phone over dealing with us and gave the impression she didn't really want to be there.. She gave us a room key and when we got to the room it was a twin when we ordered a double. She was very accommodating about this however and gave us a different room. The room was nice but we found the tv remote wouldn't work properly. We went to the restaurant for dinner. We were well looked after and the staff were very accommodating. I ordered roast beef. Some of the beef was tough and overcooked, but overall it was good. Back in the room, we had a 3 pronged adaptor that wouldn't fit in the sockets in the wall for some reason. We have been lots of places with this particular adaptor and never had a problem. A lamp in the room didn't work, the shower also didn't work which was very disappointing.. the next morning i found a cuticle remover under the curtain and an open salt packet under the dresser which led me to believe that the room wasn't cleaned properly, and left me wondering about the bed sheets. Though or stay was pleasant enough we will not be returning, and woud not recommend this hotel, it's not up to the standard of four star.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Good hotel, fantastic food"
I had booked two nights here, but only needed to stay one night. The staff were very accommodating by cancelling the second night. I ate in the restaurant which was very good (lamb shank) and used the gym, which was much better than most hotel gyms I have seen in the UK. all in, I would gladly stay here again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
JJ
Room was good however breakfast was a let down - not enough staff on. had to ask for pot of tea and coffee, and had to ask staff for sausage and eggs as there was none left.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
JmcK
"Great staff, Not so Great Hotel"
While the staff were lovely, there were too many little things that made our stay not too enjoyable. On arrival we had two single beds even though we booked a double room. This was after we had been phoned THREE times to confirm our arrival. Each time I pointed out I had pre-paid and would be there. The girl at the desk said to "Grab yourself a drink in the bar while we get the beds put together" which was odd considering we shouldn't be told when to "grab a drink" and the bed should be one double, not two singles zipped together. When we finally got to our room the beds where zipped together but would come apart during the night causing a dip in the middle. The TV didnt work and nobody knew how to fix it. We were 24 hours there before it was fixed. The food in the Bistro Bar was tasteless and not as advertised (roast beef on a bed of mashed potatoe = no bed of mash) while the pool was freezing and just downright ugly, the sauna wasn't working and the guy at the desk had no towels to give us. Unfortunately while the staff were VERY friendly and efficient, there was just too many little things that made our stay quite unenjoyable.
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Jamie
"Great hotel for the price I paid"
Seemed like a nice hotel, although I didn't use any of the facilities available. My room was OK, the lighting was dim and the bath was dirty, but I only noticed this in the morning. I would use again if I was in the area though.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
TukayAway
"Very Pleasant Stay"
NIce hotel with very friendly staff but very noisy room and I had specifically called the hotel and requested a quiet one!
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"near where my sister lives"
very happy with it. I stay there every year wheneven I visit my sister
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
Very good except the room was very cold to begin with and took a while to heat up but was eventually very warm
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Very happy with the hotel, service was excellent just one problem with the room, the walls were paper thin we could hear the conversations clearly of the next room
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"winter weekend"
VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFULL STAFF, CLEAN ROOM, NICE BREAKFAST, WOULSD STAY AGAIN
3 night trip Dec 5, 2013
DEANNA
"only one problem"
Great hotel. Fabulous but our room was over the bar which had a band on until 12.45am!
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Very impressed all round an food was excellent.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
"Great Hotel for a golfing weekend."
The Hotel was clean although getting close to needing a revamp. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the room was well presented. The breakfast was of good quality with plenty of choice, cooked or continental. The Hotel is in a perfect location for anyone interested in Golf . The Golf course is directly opposite the Hotel and they certainly compliment each other.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Fizzy21
"Who would have thought...."
....that we'd find a hotel like this in a little place like Bunclody! Everything worked, except for a shower in one of the rooms which was promptly fixed. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The public areas in the hotel were a little tired but overall we were very happy with our stay.
1 night trip with friends May 5, 2013
Sheila
"Value for money and access to the real Ireland"
Stayed here for three nights mid week. It was an ideal location to explore Wexford and Carlow at the same time doing some business that we needed to undertake. The staff were very friendly and helpful even if a little over stretched at times in the bar/bistro in the evening. The leisure club facilities were excellent for a 4* hotel and the breakfast & bistro food was of a good standard. You will need a car when you are here because it is a fair run to the coast or nearest big towns.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
Manno

"Kannattaa mennä"
Helppo löytää,hienolla paikalla.
1 night trip with friends Aug 13, 2015
Markku
FI
"Neutralt intryck"
Helt okej hotell men med känslan av en förlorad storhetstid.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2014