All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
120 W 44th St, New York, NY, 10036, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel Mela"
We stayed five nights. The room was comfortable. It needed one extra chair. It had no view. Staff was excellent. Bistro was very good.
5 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
"Location is great"
Room was very small, nowhere to put luggage. Was close to Times Square and theaters. Ok for a night or two but too claustrophobic for any longer.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
mike
"Hotel mel"
Staff wa super helpful. Great place for a romantic getaway. Great restaurant next door. Good location. Walk any where.
1 night romance trip Mar 24, 2015
Shell
"Great for the price"
A nice little hotel in a good location with a friendly staff. Larger than many other NYC hotels at this price. Unfortunately, there are very few services (aside from free wifi and room service) on-site. It would be nice if they had some sort of lounge or business center. Other than that, it was a nice facility.
1 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
Ellen
"Great hotel for new york city close to time square"
One of the greatess features of this hotel is the staff. They are most welcoming and especially Melinda, assistant front office manager. When I inquired about luggage storage prior to checking in to the hotel, I was immediately assured that they offered that feature and she placed a request for an early check in for us. The room was clean and little roomier than expected. The location to Time Square is very close and the price was reasonable.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
"Definitely recommend this hotel!"
We stayed one night while we were in NYC to see a Broadway show. We were very impressed with the accommodations, and the size of the room. We would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Sandy
"Fine"
Quiet, comfortable hotel for business visit
1 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
alan
"tiny rooms vs good service and location"
The negatives are extremely tiny rooms and the elevator was also quite small. The positive is relatively clean room, good service, and great location of a block form times square.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"greatttttt"
If you want a private resort this is the place to be great stay will def come back
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Location was perfect"
First time to NYC and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Good, but no hot water"
Good for the price, but only luke warm water no matter what time of day I showered.
2 night trip Feb 28, 2015
"Best for business in Midtown"
Probably one of the best hotels for business in Midtown on a budget. It is steps from Times Square (for better or for worse), so great for snagging a gift before you head home. It's amazingly clean and quiet. Be warned - the room is tremendously small, which is why I can't give it a perfect score. If you don't mind, I highly recommend it.
3 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"great weekend"
hotel mela is comfortable and clean, great location
2 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2015
Aubrey Hart
"Very close to Times Square"
Our hotel was very close to most of the attractions we were wanting to see and made it very accessible. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were cute and clean.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Nice location, normal quality"
Location is convenient but the service of hotel get lousy at times. Normal quality.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Shiree
"Comfort stay in Time Square"
The room comfort was great and in excellent location in Time Square. Small elevators and no heat during my stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great Hotel!!"
Room was very clean and friendly staff. We were able to store our bags before check in and after check out to walk around the city. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
The staff was friendly and the location was perfect for tourists. The bed and the room were very small but not a big deal if you are just spending the night. The bed was uncomfortable.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Had a great time. Friendly staff. Easy check in. Great location.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Gen Mgr Nick was AWESOME; GREAT HOTEL!"
Got an extraordinary low rate on hotels.com at the last minute. While waiting to check-in in the lobby, happened to bump into general manager Nick, a CUNY graduate like myself who arranged for my companion and I have to have a GREAT queen suite. Perfect location in the theater district. Of the three hotels we stayed at while you New York, this was by far the best and was very reasonably priced. Be prepared as the elevators are small so make use of the bellhop service. Reception was kind enough to lend, (with a small refundable deposit) an iPhone 6 charger to my companion he did not have his. And don't forget an apple at the front desk. Given the reasonable price, comfortable bed, large square footage and great service I will likely make this my hotel of choice for future trips to New York. Cannot speak highly enough of this hotel.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
J Michael
"Nice hotel in Time Square"
Staff was friendly, room and hallways clean. The room was a bit small.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Dawn
"Tiny but Convenient"
Very nice location just off of Times Square, but MINIATURE rooms. Great if you are one person who just need a place to crash. Very tight squeeze for two people.
3 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Small but adequate"
Right near the theatres, up the street to Times Square, excellent customer service, good restaruants nearby. Yes, the room I had was small but I only needed it to sleep in. Bathroom was about the same size as the rest of the room.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
weekend tripper
"great little boutique experience off Times Square"
Staff was excellent. Rooms extremely small, but comfortable. Had a problem with heat the first night because I didn't realize thermostat was behind television(!). Called front desk the next morning and they pointed me to it. Location is perfect for theater district and shopping.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
"Air Vents"
The room was clean however I can't get a room with outside noise. Air vents!!!
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
jeffrey
Always a pleasant stay, nice staff, great location, clean rooms, great value for the money
1 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2015
"Theatre-Adjacent with Comfort and a Euro Style"
Small, but comfortable (and quiet!) room in a European style hotel. Location makes this hotel a winner if you are seeing a Broadway show. Free Wi-Fi, but speed was non-existent and service spotty in the room. When they say check-in is at 3 pm, they mean it. Don't show up early and expect to get to your room. They will, however, store your bag at no charge so you can explore the area. My only point of concern was that the room did not offer any secondary lock or security. Housekeeping opened my room door on my checkout day while I was still in the room--I didn't hear them knocking, as I had water running as I was washing up. This might be a concern for some travelers.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2015
Jeffrey
Great location. Room and staff nice. Updated room. Great. Bathroom
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
fred
"Nice boutique hotel, central location"
Nice clean hotel, great bathrooms, centrally located. Very convenient.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"They tried"
The Hotel Staff was very helpful, however the rooms tend to suffer from excess noise of the roof exhaust fans, tried three rooms and each was uncomfortable.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
"Hotel Mela Review"
For the price I paid, this was an excellent hotel. I would not mind paying around 150 for rooms here. Beyond that it's pointless. Rooms are not extravagant they are simply clean rooms. It's all for the location.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
purvesh
"Comfortable hotel, easy access to subways"
We had a good time at Hotel Mela. Very clean, comfortable, nice staff. It was freezing cold outside, so it was VERY nice to be so close to the subway. VERY.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Frances
"Short NY Visit"
Great location between 6th Avenue and Broadway and Times Square; very well appointed bathroom and rooms; need shades to block out light from windows at night, but otherwise a perfect spot in NYC!
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
All over good, but small. Don't really like the sea-themed bathroom products.
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"Great location.for theatre and restaurants"
My wife and I stayed twio nights. Our room was very quiet and cleanThe price was higher than we were hoping for during the quiet time of mid-winter in NYC.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Steps from Time Square"
Absolutely perfect location to Time Square. Small and cozy.
2 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2015
michele
"Our stay at Hotel Mela"
We chose this hotel based on it's location across the street from the Hudson Theater. The mirrors are huge. The elevator was cramped (closet size). But the room was clean and tidy. The beds (2 Twins) nice and comfy. Our view was ugly but then again we weren't there for the view. :D I didn't get a chance to tell the front desk that the wall outlet was loose and needed to be tightened. The front desk was awesome in hailing a taxi for us!
2 night family trip Feb 4, 2015
"Mela"
I reserved and paid extra for a queen size bed, but was given a full size bed. I was told the hotel was fully booked and the hotel staff did nothing to accommodate me. I was told to contact Hotels.com. I was not happy about this.
1 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
Darrin
"Definitely one of the best in its category"
Nice room, excellent location next to a nice restaurant and close to many shows, but I have a few suggestions to make it even better: put the minibar in the non-sleeping area so that the hum of the fridge cannot be heard at night; remove the safe from the closet as it makes it difficult to hang one's clothes and prevents the doors from closing.
6 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Michele
The location is super convinent..great access to Times Square and all other sites. It's also close the metro station. My only negative croticism is that the clean lady came especially early in the morning like around 9 and she just came in without knocking or anything which feels a little bit rude and when she cleans other rooms, you can hear everything.
4 night trip with friends Feb 1, 2015
"good"
Good hotel in a good location. The room is small, but average size for NYC, the closet space is a bit cramped.
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Small room, fixed drapes, you cannot cover all windows. free wifi. Overall ok for just sleeping
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great Location & Front Desk Service"
Front Desk service was great, room small, odd layout, location in NYV+C was great for this price!
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Mary P
"Clean, great location."
The hotel is small, but the location was perfect. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.
5 night romance trip Jan 28, 2015
Tania
"Nice Hotel!"
This is a nice hotel. It is in a GREAT location, only 1/2 block from times square. Check in was pleasant and we were given 2 free breakfasts which was very nice. The elevator and the room were very small but clean.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Will be staying here again!"
Great service and very nice hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 27, 2015
"Nice Hotel, great price and very clean."
I work in the area and always try to stay at the Mela Hotel when I have to cover overnight shifts. The location is great (Times Square), the pricing was excellent and the amenities and service was very good. The rooms are on the small size (but this is NYC) but clean a cozy. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC.
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Anthony
"Excellent! In the middle of Juno, the service was"
Facilities and personnel great. Location is excellent, just in Time Square!
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Hotel Mela gives you bang for your buck"
Stayed for my Birthday weekend and the room was clean and comfortable. The location was perfect and I was upgraded "just because".It was peaceful and I paid an awesome price to be literally 10 steps from the heart of time square
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
"Hotel location"
Had the best time with my boyfriend before he had to go get deployed for the US Army. Definantely recommend this hotel it was beautiful and a perfect 10 minute walk to Times Square !!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015